AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 28 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 28,2018, United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) gave recognition to the ____ International Airport as world’s first fully solar energy-powered airport?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Cochin
It is the largest and busiest airport of Kerela and was constructed in 1999. The airport has 46,150 solar panel across 45 acres of land in the cargo complex of the airport. It produces 15MWp solar power. This airport consumes 50000 units of electricity daily and is completely dependent on solar power. It saves 3 lakh tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions and runs on green technology.
- On May 28,2018, which state Government will promote Zero Budget Natural Farming System?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Himachal Pradesh
The govt has come up with ‘Prakritik Kheti Khushhaal Kissan Yojana ’for zero budget natural farming. This would increase soil productivity, decrease use of fertilizers and harmful chemicals and increase water infiltration. Presently about 39790 farmers have switched to organic farming.
- On May 27, the Chief Minister of which state Launched a week long ‘Polythene Hatao, Paryavaran Bachao Campaign’?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Himachal Pradesh
Polythene Hatao,Paryavaran Bachao Campaign is Started by Environment,Science & technology Department. While addressing the Campaign,Thakur said the Pollution became the alarming factor of the Country and this Campaign is Started with the Objective to reduce the Pollution by prohibiting the use of Polythene & Plastic.
- On 23rd to 25th May 2018, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, K. J. Alphons along with a delegation of senior officials attended the 108th session of UNWTO Executive Council, in San Sebastian, _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Spain
K. J. Alphons chaired the ‘Programme and Budget Committee’ meeting of UNWTO. He also met with the Secretary-General of UNWTO, Mr. Zurab Pololikashvili and discussed on creating a Joint Action Plan focused on Tourism Innovation and Digital Transformation and positioning of India on this Action Plan. Discussions were also made to improve the relationship between India and UNWTO. The Indian delegation also took part in the thematic discussions on ‘Tourism and Digital Transformation’. K. J. Alphons also met the Tourism Minister of Spain, Mr. Álvaro Nadal and discussed cooperation in tourism.
- On May 28,2018, Germany announced that it would be hosting the first edition of Global Wind Summit in _____ fromSeptember 25-28,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Hamburg
It will be a four day event where about 100 countries will be participating including India, China , The US, Spain, Denmark. The conference will be the largest event on Wind industry worldwide and will consist of 2 parts: WindEnergy Hamburg and WindEurope. It will have 1400 exhibitors and 250 speakers from all around the world. It will focus 3 main subjects : Dynamic markets, Cost-efficiency and smart energy.
- On May 28,2018, India, US and which country will take part in Malabar exercise in Guam?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Japan
From India’s side , its stealth frigate INS Sahyadri, missile corvette INS Kamorta and fleet tanker INS Shakti and a P-8I long-range maritime patrol aircraft will take part in the exercise . From the US side, a nuclear powered super carrier USS Ronald Reagan of 10000 tonne and F/A 18 fighters and a nuclear attack submarine and P-8A patrol aircraft. From Japan’s side , one of 27000 tonne helicopter carriers , a Soryu class submarine and Kawasaki P-1 maritime aircraft will participate . Australia was earlier considered a part of the exercise but was ruled out due to China’s opposition.
- On May 28,2018, which country announced that it was banning products from United Arab Emirates (UAE) , Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Qatar
The four states cut all diplomatic relations with Qatar on wake of Doha supporting terror financing. There is no such estimation on the number of products been banned but all products trans-shipped through embargo states and products produced in them were banned. Qatar has developed new shipping routes through places like Oman and have started producing things locally including food.
- On May 28,2018, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has instructed ____ to continue its banking services keeping the limitations in mind till August 31 2018?
1.Rupee Co-op Bank
2.City Co-op Bank
3.Bhuj Co-op Bank
4.Rajasthan Co-op Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rupee Co-op Bank
On May 28,2018, the Central Bank of India, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has instructed the Rupee Co-op Bank of Pune to continue its banking services keeping the limitations in mind. Restriction were first imposed on February 22 ,2103 to August 2013 and that was extended 8 times till May 2018. RBI has further extended the restrictions for further 3 months till August 31 2018.
- On 27th May 2018, Baba Ramdev, Co-founder of Patanjali, launched ____ SIM cards, in alliance with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Swadeshi Samriddhi
At the beginning, only the employees and office bearers of Patanjali can avail the benefits of the Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card. After the full-fledged launch, people can avail a 10 % discount on Patanjali products using this card. A user can recharge for Rs 144, and can make unlimited calls all over India, use 2 GB data pack and send 100 SMSs. The card also offers medical and life insurance covers of Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 5 lakh, respectively. The covers can be availed only in case of road accident.
- On May 28,2018, the Indian Meteorological Department(IMD) is joining hands with _____ for sending extreme weather warnings?
1.Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Under harsh weather conditions IMD will send alerts to the BSNL and BSNL with the help of its technology will send the alerts to the registered numbers in the Delhiregion. Area specific alerts will be given as well to other telecom circle subscribers belonging to the area. It is in an experimental stage and on successful operation will rope in other weather organizations as well. The government agencies have limits to which they can spread alerts especially for thunderstorms.
- 8 Naxal hit districts of which state are to be developed by the government with the help of TATA Trust?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chattisgarh
This initiative is taken under the ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ programme. Tata Trusts will be conducting surveys and provide technical support for better living standards of these districts. The 8 worst hit districts are :Bijapur , Kanker, Bastar, Rajnandgaon, Dantewada, Kondagaon, Narayanpur, Sukma. Special Central Assistance Scheme of Rs.33 Crore has been set aside for the emergency and public infrastructure .
- On May 27, SECI was named as the Nodal Agency to set up 2.5 GW Wind-Solar hybrid Project by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. Expand SECI?
1.Solar Energy Corporation of India
2.Solar Energy Council of India
3.Solar Energy Companies International
4.Solar Energy Committee of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Solar Energy Corporation of India
The Objective of the Scheme is to Build the Hybrid Projects with the Transparent Bidding Process. The Bidding process is limited from 200 MW to 500 MW,in which 1 project site must have atleast capacity of 50 MW. Earlier,the Government of India had set the to produce 175 GW renewable energy capacity by 2022.As of now we have only 20 GW of renewable energy produced through wind-solar hybrid power projects.
- On 28th May 2018, Pakistan’s former chief justice ____ was appointed as the interim prime minister of Pakistan for a period of 2 months, until the general elections that is to be held on 25th July 2018?
1.Nasir ul Mulk
3.Nasar Al Rashid
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Nasir ul Mulk
Nasir ul Mulk is 67 years old. He is expected to take charge as interim prime minister of Pakistan on 1stJune 2018. Earlier, he served as lawyer and judge for several years. In 2014, he became the 22nd Chief Justice of Pakistan.
- On 28th May 2018, who was promoted as regional general manager for Asia Pacific region (APAC) of Uber?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Amit Jain
At present Amit Jain is the president of Uber India and South Asia. Now he will be responsible for the APAC region that includes Australia, New Zealand, and North Asia, in addition to India and South Asia. Amit Jain was made the president of Uber India in June 2015. Earlier, he was the president of Rent.com.
- Who has been named the first chief financial officer (CFO) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) effective from 15th May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sudha Balakrishnan
Sudha Balakrishnan was the vice-president of National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL). She is a chartered accountant. She will be the 12th executive director of the RBI. Her appointment will be for a period of 3 years initially. This can be extended, subject to an annual review.
- On 29th May 2018, ____ will take Charge as the Pakistan’s Ambassador to US?
1.Mansoor Ali Siddique
2.Ali Jahangir Siddiqui
3.Jahangir Al Basha
4.Mujeeb Al Rahman
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ali Jahangir Siddiqui
On May 29,Son of Karachi Based Business Man,Ali Jahangir Siddiqui will take Charge as the Pakistan’s Ambassador to US. Earlier Siddiqui had Served as a Advisor on Economics and Business to Prime Minister Abbasi,He also served as a Chairman of JS bank Ltd & JS Private Equity.He was Honoured as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in the year 2014.
- Who has taken charge as the Prime Minister of Guinea?
1.Ibrahima Kassory Fofana
4.Rehman Al Qasimi
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ibrahima Kassory Fofana
Ibrahima Kassory Fofana took Charge as the Prime Minister of Guinea.He replaced Mamady Youla who resigned on May 17. Earlier,Ibrahima Kassory Fofana was Minister in Charge of Public Investment and relations with the private Sector. After assuming the Charge,he hadn’t made major Changes in the Cabinet.He handed economy portfolio to Mamadi Camara, Guinea’s ex-ambassador to South Africa,while the defence, foreign affairs and justice ministers remain unchanged.
- On 27th May 2018, which team won their third Indian Premier League (IPL) title at Wankhede stadium, in Mumbai?
2.Chennai Super Kings
3.Kings 11 Punjab
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chennai Super Kings
Chennai Super Kings defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad by eight wickets and won the IPL title for the third time. Shane Watson scored 117 runs and not out. This is the highest ever score in an IPL final. Now Chennai Super Kings has become the second team apart from Mumbai Indians to have won the IPL title three times.
- On May 27, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and ____ Signed the letter of Intent to Promote “Green” Cricket in India?
2.International Cricket Council (ICC)
3.National Green Tribunal
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.UN Environment
The Letter of Intent was Signed by BCCI Acting Secretary Amitabh Choudhary and the UN Environment Executive Director Erik Solheim at the BCCI headquarters in Mumbai. The Letter of Intent was signed with the Objective to spread the awareness about the Natural Challenges the Country is facing. They aim at Phasing out Single use Plastic in the Stadiums & they are trying to reduce the environmental impact by Promoting the green Operations & will emphasis on the alternate Solutions.
- On May 27, Madala Ranga Rao Passed away. He was an Actor and Producer of ____ films?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Telugu
The 69 year old Actor cum Producer was suffering from heart-related ailments & admitted to hospital. He was popularly known as “Red Star”. He was also a member of the CPI-led Praja Natya Mandali. His famous works are ‘Yuvatharam Kadilindhi’, ‘Yerra Mallelu’, ‘Praja Shakthi’, ‘Swarajyam’, ‘Viplavashankham’ and ‘Mahaprasthanam’. He received the prestigious Golden Nandi award from the then Andhra Pradesh government for his film ‘Yuvatharam Kadilindhi’.
- On 28th May 2018, Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir corridor of Delhi Metro’s ____ Line was inaugurated?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Magenta
The Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir stretch is 24.82 kilometres long. After its inauguration, the total length of the Delhi Metro network has increased to 277 kilometres. Also, the Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir stretch brings domestic Terminal 1D of the Indira Gandhi International Airport on the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation network.
- Who has become the Oldest woman to scale Mount Everest?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sangeeta Bahl
Sangeeta Bahl, a 53-year-old former model and entrepreneur from Jammu and Kashmir, has become the oldest Indian woman to conquer Mount Everest. Bahl, who currently resides in Gurugram, was felicitated on Sunday at the Indian embassy in Kathmandu. She scaled the peak on May 19 with the help of two Sherpas. Her husband Ankur Bahl, who climbed Mt Everest in 2016, was also welcomed at the Indian embassy in Kathmandu.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the President of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI)?C.K Khanna
- Name the Secretary-General and headquarters of World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)?Secretary-General – Zurab Pololikashvili; Headquarters – Madrid, Spain
- Where is The Great Himalayan National Park, a Unesco world Heritage Site located?Himachal Pradesh
- Where is the headquarters of Rupee Co-op Bank?Pune, Maharashtra
- What is the tag line of Bank of Maharashtra?One family one bank