AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 28 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 26, 2017, Mauritius Prime Minister ___________ arrived in India for a three-day official visit.
Answer – 2.Pravind Jugnauth
On May 26, 2017, Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth arrived in India for a three-day official visit. On May 27, 2017, Mr. Jugnauth held delegation level talks with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- How much amount, as Line of Credit has been extended by Indian to Mauritius for various projects?
1.USD 500 million
2.USD 600 million
3.USD 700 million
4.USD 800 million
5.USD 900 million
Answer – 1.USD 500 million
India has announced USD 500 Million assistance in form of Line of Credit to Mauritius, which will be used for various projects. This Line of Credit (LOC) agreement was signed between SBM Mauritius Infrastructure Development Co. Ltd and Export-Import Bank of India.
- Who among the following flagged off Heritage Line of Delhi Metro on May 28, 2017?
1.Arvind Kejriwal and Anil Baijal
2.Venkaiah Naidu and Anil Baijal
3.Arvind Kejriwal and Venkaiah Naidu
4.Suresh Prabhu and Anil Baijal
5.Suresh Prabhu and Arvind Kejriwal
Answer – 3.Arvind Kejriwal and Venkaiah Naidu
On May 28, 2017, Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal and Union Urban Development Minister, M Venkaiah Naidu flagged off Heritage Line of Delhi Metro through video conferencing at Metro Bhawan in Delhi. Union Minister of Science and Technology, Harsh Vardhan was also present at the event.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has reported the first three laboratory-confirmed cases of Zika virus disease in India. All these cases are from:
3.Kolkata, West Bengal
5.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 4.Ahmedabad, Gujarat
On May 15, 2017, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, reported three laboratory-confirmed cases of Zika virus disease in Bapunagar area, Ahmedabad district, Gujarat. These are old cases. They were confirmed in January 2017.
- Which State Govt. has announced pension scheme for journalists?
Answer – 1.Haryana
On May 27, 2017, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced several incentives for journalists at the “Swarna Jayanti Journalists’ Meet” in Panchkula, including Rs 10,000 monthly pension scheme, for those who are above 60 years and have completed 20 years in the profession.
- The Manipur government has declared Dailong village in ____________ district as a Biodiversity Heritage Site of the state
Answer – 2.Tamenglong
Dialong village, covering an area of 11.35 sq km, has been declared as Biodiversity Heritage Site under Section 37(1) of Biological Diversity Act, 2002. The declaration was made after the recommendation of Manipur Biodiversity Board
- 5thedition of Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GPDRR)took place from 22nd to 26th May 2017, in which country?
Answer – 3.Mexico
Around 4,000 participants and delegations from over 180 countries attended this 5th edition of the Global Platform which was held outside Geneva, Switzerland for the first time and hosted and co-organised with the Mexican government.
- Construction of European Extremely Large Telescope (ELT), has begun in:
Answer – 4.Chile
Located on a 3,000 meter-high mountain in the middle of the Atacama desert, ELT is due to begin operating in 2024. The size of the ELT has the potential to transform our understanding of the universe, with its main mirror that will measure some 39 meters (43 yards) across.
- Which among the following entity is among the 5 merchant bankers selected by Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) to manage Government’s 3% stake sale in Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)?
Answer – 1.Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs and Citigroup are among the 5 merchant bankers selected by Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) to manage Government’s 3% stake sale in Indian Oil Corporation (IOC). Deutsche Equities, SBI Capital Markets and ICICI Securities are other three entities which have been selected to manage this stake sale.
- Which among the following company has overtaken Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)to become India’s most profitable public sector undertaking (PSU)?
1.LIC of India
3.State Bank of India
Answer – 2.IOC
Indian Oil Corp (IOC) has overtaken Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) to become India’s most profitable public sector undertaking (PSU). For financial year ended March 31, 2017, IOC posted a net profit of Rs 19,106.40 crore, which marks a 70% jump from previous year.
- Which city’s police department has received the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) Smart Police Award for the year 2017?
Answer – 3.Pune
As many as 133 police and security establishments in the country had taken part in the competition for the FICCI Smart Policing Award 2017. Pune city police got the award for their initiatives on women and cyber security.
- Who among the following has been selected to represent India as a young journalist at the global Football For Friendship (F4F) social programme in Russia?
Answer – 4.Ananya Kamboj
The F4F programme, supported by Gazprom and FIFA, focuses on the development of children’s football, fostering tolerance and respect for different cultures and nationalities among children from different countries. Ananya Kamboj, an eighth standard student from Vivek High School, Mohali, has been selected to represent India.
- On May 28 2017, which among the following countries launched a national satellite navigation and positioning system which will provide positioning service to transportation, emergency medical rescue and city planning and management?
Answer – 1.China
This system, featuring faster speed, higher accuracy and wider coverage, will be compatible with other satellite navigation systems, such as the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System and Global Position System (GPS).
- Union Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has inaugurated a first-of-its-kind Aeronautical Test Range (ATR), which will be used to test the country’s first unmanned aircraft, in the __________ district of Karnataka
Answer – 2.Chitradurga district
The facility, which is spread across an area of 4,200 acres, will be the leading test centre for the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) that has been using the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd airport in Bengaluru to test fly the Tejas combat aircraft so far.
- Scientists have discovered a remarkable new species of glass frog whose beating heart can be seen right through its chest. This new creature has been found in which country?
Answer – 3.Ecuador
The creature, found in the Amazonian lowlands of Ecuador, has green spots across its back and a ‘red heart fully visible’ underneath, thanks to the transparent membrane around its organs.
- Which among the following country has won Sudirman Cup badminton championship?
Answer – 5.South Korea
On May 28, 2017, South Korea defeated China to win badminton’s Sudirman Cup for the first time in 14 years. The South Koreans claimed their fourth cup in the world mixed teams competition with a charged 21-17, 21-13 win by Choi Sol-Gyu and ChaeYoo-Jung in the mixed doubles match.
- Former Mumbai cricketer ___________passed away on May 27, 2017
Answer – 1.Kiran Ashar
Ashar, born on June 19, 1947 in Bombay, played seven first class matches and scored 306 runs, with his highest being 105, from 1968/69 to 1977/78. He played as a wicketkeeper-batsman representing Bombay as well as the West Zone
- Laura Biagiotti, who passed away on May 26, 2017, was a famous:
Answer – 2.Fashion Designer
Laura Biagiotti, an Italian fashion designer who conquered global markets with her soft, loose women’s clothes and luxurious knits that won her the nickname “Queen of Cashmere,” died on May 26, 2017 following a heart attack. She was 73.
- Greg Allman, who passed away on May 27, 2017, was an American:
1.Singer and Musician
Answer – 1.Singer and Musician
Rock trailblazer Gregg Allman, a founding member of The Allman Brothers Band, passed away at the age of 69. Allman died at home in Savannah, Georgia. The musician first found fame in the band he started with older brother Duane in the late 1960s.
- ‘International Day of Action for Women’s Health’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 2.28th May
The International Day of Action on Women’s Health is a day to call for action towards the improvisation of women’s health. The main focus of the International Day of Action on Women’s Health is on protecting the sexual and reproductive health of women.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.