Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which Union territory has become first to sign “24×7 Power for All” document to provide each household access to electricity by 2019?
A.Andaman and Nicobar
Explanation: The Union territory Lakshadweep became first to ink 24×7 Power for All document which aims to provide each household access to electricity by 2019.
- Prime Minister announced the raising of retirement of Government doctors age from 62 to which age at a rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur District?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced raising of retirement of government doctors age to 65 years will be increased from the current 62 to 65 at a rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur district.
- A distinctive memorial celebrating the Right to Information at which district in Rajasthan to remembrance the emergence of RTI Act in 1996?
Explanation: A distinctive memorial celebrating the Right to Information has come up at Beawar in Rajasthan, where the RTI movement had started 20 years ago. Former Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Bhargava unveiled the memorial, dedicated it to the people.
- India signed Memorandum of Understanding which country to enhance R&D capabilities in biotechnology Industry Council?
Explanation: Science and Technology Ministry signed a MoU with Horticulture Innovation Australia to stimulate and enhance the strategic research and innovation capabilities of the Indian biotech industry Council- BIRAC which is a PSU.
- Indian President Pranab Mukherjee visited China from May 24 to 27 to hold negotiation with Top Chinese leadership for which purpose?
A.Expand India’s Civilian Nuclear Programme
B.Expanding areas of convergence and managing areas of difference
D.All the Above
Ans: D.All the Above
Explanation: Arrived in Beijing on May 25 and attended the reception hosted by the Chinese People’s Friendship Association for Foreign Countries (CPAFFC). India, China agree to advance ongoing boundary negotiations
- The book about undercover Investigation name “Book Gujarat Files: Anatomy of a Cover Up” Authored by which writer launched in New Delhi?
Ans: A.Rana Ayyub
Explanation: Book titled Gujarat Files: Anatomy of a Cover Up authored by Rana Ayyub was launched in New Delhi. The book is an account of an eight-month long undercover investigation by journalist Rana Ayyub, who is a filmmaker from the American Film Institute Conservatory to investigate the Gujarat riots.
- Suspended Tennis Champion has joined in its Tennis team for the upcoming Rio Olympics 2016 representing Russia. Who is he/she?
Ans: C.Maria Sharapova
Explanation: Russian tennis federation has named Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova in its tennis team for the upcoming Rio Olympics 2016 to be held later this year. She is one of four Russian players named to compete at the Olympics.
- Which Minister collaborated with the United States Agency for International Development launched India’s first Integrated Web portal to promote and mainstream Net Zero Energy Buildings?
D.Urban Development Ministry
Ans: B.Power Ministry
Explanation: Indian Power Ministry and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) launched India’s first integrated web portal designed to promote and mainstream Net Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB) in India.
- Indian Air Force Successfully test fired the BrahMos Land attack supersonic cruise missile in which launching station?
D.Wester Sector of Rajasthan
Ans: D.Western Sector of Rajasthan
Explanation: Indian Air Force successfully tested BrahMos land-attack supersonic cruise missile system in the western sector of Rajasthan.
- Who has been appointed as the pro term Speaker of the 14th Assam Legislative Assembly?
A.Phani Bhusan Choudary
B.Palani Bhasan Choudary
C.Phani Bhasan Choudary
D.Palani Bhusan Choudary
Ans: A.Phani Bhusan Choudary
Explanation: Seventh time MLA Phani Bhusan Choudhury took oath as the pro tem Speaker of the 14th Assam Legislative Assembly. This appointment is valid until a Speaker and a Deputy Speaker were elected by the House.
- Isha Foundation founder Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev to lead a yoga session at the UN on the occasion of the second International Yoga Day on which date?
Ans: B.June 21
Explanation: The International Yoga Day this year will be commemorated on June 21 with the theme of Yoga for the Sustainable Development Goals. The first Yoga Day was commemorated at the UN with aplomb last year, with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj leading the celebrations.
- President Barack Obama arrived in which place for historic first visit made by a sitting US president to attend G7 Summit?
Explanation: United States President Barack Obama visited Hiroshima which was the first to be exploded with an Atom Bomb and to attend the G7 Summit
- Indian Air Force went into a bilateral exercise Eagle II with which country to take part in the air combat exercise under multiple simulated Scenarios?
C.United Arab Emirates
Ans: C.United Arab Emirates
Explanation: Indian Air Force and United Arab Emirates (UAE) went into a bilateral exercise of Second Edition named Eagle-II which is underway at Al-Dhafra Air Base in UAE from 24 May 16 to 03 Jun 16.
- Which company holds the first position in Forbes Global Ranking under the category of Indian Companies?
A.Reliance Industries Limited
Ans: A.Reliance Industries Limited
Explanation: Reliance Industries Limited ranked 1st in India Firm Category Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries Limited ranked 121st Position which was improved from 142nd Rank in 2015 on the Global List
- Indian Author _______________________won the “Scholastic Asian Book Award” for her 32,000 word manuscript embedded in “love of Indian history”
A.Aditi Chandra Kumar
B.Mohan Kumar Chandar
C.Aditi Krishna Kumar
D.Mohan Krishna Kumar
Ans: C.Aditi Krishna Kumar
Explanation: Indian Author Aditi Krishna kumar won the “Scholastic Asian Book Award” for her 32,000 word manuscript embedded in “love of Indian history” & Presented by Low Yen Ling, Parliamentary Secretary for the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Trade and Industry
- Which Government entered into the Limca Book of Record for house to house survey carried out in August 2014 in a single day with a marathon Function?
Explanation: Telangana government’s the house-to-house survey carried out in August 2014 in a single day with a marathon function of gathering entire information of people enters into the history of Limca Book of Record.