AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 26 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 25th May 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the 2400MW first phase of NTPC’s Patratu Super Thermal Power Project in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Jharkhand
This project is a 74: 26 Joint Venture between Government of Jharkhand and Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd (PVUN). PVUN is a subsidiary company of NTPC making a total capacity expansion of 4,000MW. PVUNL will implement the project in two phases:
• 2,400 MW (3x800MW) in Phase-I
• 1,600 MW (2×800 MW) in Phase-II (will be developed later)
This project will offer 85 % of the power to Jharkhand. Under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (Saubhagya) scheme, this project will offer 24×7 power availability to the houses.
- On May 26,2018, Minister of State (I/C) for information and broadcasting and Sports & Youth Affairs , Col Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurated the ASEAN India Film Festival in New Delhi. What is the tagline for this festival?
1.Friendship through Films
2.Films for a peaceful society
3.Moral Values through Films
4.Films for Cultural Exchange
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Friendship through Films
Around 32films from 11 countries ill be featured in this festival. The opening film of this festival was : ‘Sinjar’in Jasari language. The Directorate of Film Festival is organizing ASEAN film festival for 25th to 30 th May with Ministry of External Affairs for commemorating 25 years of Asian and Indian Relations.
- On May 26,2018, National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) sanctioned Rs. 5000 crore for which state government farm loan waiver?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government on its budgetary speech had announced a one timeloan waiver for upto Rs. 50000 for small and marginal farmers provided by cooperative banks. This would cost the Government Rs. 8000 croreamount . In May 31 the govt will start district loan waiver camps from Banswara district.
- On 25th May 2018, Telangana Chief Minister Chandra Sekhara Rao announced a unique life insurance scheme for farmers, as per which, the government will offer life insurance facility of 5 lakh rupees to the nominee, after the death of the insured farmer. Name the implementing agency of this scheme?
1.Life Insurance Corporation India
2.General Insurance Corporation
3.Bharati Axa Life Insurance
4.Bajaj Alliance Life Insurance
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Life Insurance Corporation India
As per the scheme, the government will offer life insurance facility of 5 lakh rupees to the nominee, after the death of the insured farmer. The total premium will be paid by the government to the insurance agency. The nominee will receive the amount within 10 days of placing the claim after the farmer’s death. Irrespective of the reason of the farmer’s death, the dependent family will receive the benefit. Life Insurance Corporation India will implement this scheme. Farmers aged between 18 and 60 are eligible to register for this scheme.
- On 25th and 26th May 2018, a Photo Exhibition on Dynamic Schemes and Major Central Sector Projects & Mega Cultural Programme was held in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
The exhibition is organized by Ministry of Statisitics and Programme implementation. Union Minister for Statistics and Programme implementation D V Sadananda Gowda presided over the function. The exhibition is aimed to familiarize the schemes and projects to help out the people.
- Which state has become the first state in the Northeast and the third state in India to have solar toilets?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Manipur
The solar toilets were inaugurated by Tourism Director, Waikhom Ibohal at Ibudhou Marjing hill Heingang recently. The solar panel that are fitted to the toilets absorb heat to generate power. They also have the efficiency to transform waste material.
- Name the country that has become the first Latin American nation to join NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Columbia
The formalization will take place in Brussels and that Columbia will be a global partner of NATO. Columbia is the onlycountry of Latin America to be a part of NATO. Apart from Columbia Afghanistan, Pakistan, South Korea, New Zealand, Iraq, Mongolia and Japan are in the same ranks. Columbia also announced to be a partner of Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- On May 26,2018, ICICI bank launched its innovation lab for digital business. As a part of the process the bank has acquired fintech ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.SIgnzy
The innovation fund for this project with partnered concerns is : Rs. 100 crore. Innovation in areas like : digital small ticket personal loans, ‘one cycle’credit loans (allowing the user to retain the money until the next transaction). The lab will function on a 3 point strategy : ‘Run , Evolve & Imagine’. As a part of the process the bank has acquired fintech SIgnzywhich will help in online KYC with its blockchain technology and Fingapy which will allow customers to shop without credit cards using biometrics.
- On May 26,2018, after a month of being notified the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has released a total of how many ITR e-filling forms for the taxpayers?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.7
All the ITRs to be filled via the official web portal of the department : https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.inexcept for some categories. The new ITR forms require the salaried taxpayers to break down their salary and for the businessmen to provide their GST number and turnover. ITR-1 is called ‘Sahaj’ and is for the salaried person earning upto Rs. 50 lakh only. 3 crore taxpayers has used this file for the previous financial year. ITR-2is for the individuals and ‘HUF’ (Hindu Undivided Families) having income from profits and gains in business including NRIs.
- On May 26,2018, Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)’s central board of trustees headed by ministry of Labour has approved ____ % interest on PF for 2017-18?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.8.55
It has provided 8.5%in 2016-17, 8.8% in 2015-16 and 8.75% in 2013-14 & 2014-15. This is the lowest rate since 2012-13 . This move will be applied to all the 120 offices of EPFO and to all the 5 crore subscriers. It was 8.50 in 2012-13 thus it is a 5 year low from that period. The Labour Ministry has forwarded the recommendations to the Finance Ministry for their approval.
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre (RGCIRC) has launched a 40 day long cancer screening program and awareness initiative on harmful effects of _____ consumption?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.tobacco
These initiatives have been taken keeping in mind the World No Tobacco Day 2018 (31 May 2018). Also, to observe World No Tobacco Day, Preventive Oncology Department at RGCIRC is conducting Free Oral Cancer Screening from 24th May to 7th June 2018. This is focused on detection of cancer in the early stages for mainly smokers and tobacco chewers.
- On May 26,2018, who became the Prime Minister of Lebanon for the third time?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Saad Hariri
He won 111seats out of 128 seats. opposition party was : Hezbollah. The challenges he will be facing are : growing unemployment, refugee crisis, crumbling infrastructure.
- Who was appointed as the Governor of Odisha, on 25th May 2018?
1.Professor Banwari Lal
2.Professor Ganeshi Lal
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Professor Ganeshi Lal
On 25th May 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind appointed new Governors of Odisha and Mizoram. Professor Ganeshi Lal has been appointed the Governor of Odisha with effect from the date he takes charge.
- Name the person who was appointed as the Governor of Mizoram, on 25th May 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kummanam Rajasekharan
Kummanam Rajasekharan has been appointed the Governor of Mizoram. Kummanam Rajasekharan will replace incumbent Lt Gen Nirbhay Sharma, whose term ends on 28th May 2018. Rajasekharan is the president of Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Kerala unit.
- On May 26,2018, The boards of Max Financial Services and Max Life Insurance appointed _____ as the Director?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sachil Vachani
He started his career as a banker with Citigroup in London . In 2004 he joined Dixon Technologies as business head. He has joined as the representative of owner group to create a powerful real estate brand –Max Estates. He has successfully worked on sale of 22.5% stake of Max Ventures to New York Life Insurance Company in 2017 and a joint venture of Max ventures with Japans’ Toppan printing company ltd.
- On May 26,2018, Delhi based ____ expanded its operations in Europe through Spanish league’s third division club C.D Olimpic Xativa?
1.Madeva Football Club
2.Sudeva Football Club
3.Prajnantha Football Club
4.Marwada Football Club
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sudeva Football Club
On May 26,2018, Delhi based Sudeva Football Club to expand its operations in Europe through Spanish league’s third division club C.D Olimpic Xativa. Sudeva becomes the First football club to do so. Indian and Spanish coaches will work together through workshops and training camps. This move will offer the Indian players to extend their talents in the Spanish football league. It will ensure a minimum of 35-40 matches is played by players of either teams.
- On May 26,2018, Indian archers won a silver and a bronze in the Archery World Cup Stage II in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Turkey
Chinese TaipeiGot hold of gold in the womens match . India’s mens team exited in the first round itself. The women’s recurve team of : DIpika Kumari, Promila Daimari, Ankita Bhagat will face the Chienese Taipei team of : Lei Chien-Ying, Peng Chia-Mao, Tan Ya Ting .
- Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra finished ____in the Diamond League Series third leg with a below-par effort of 80.81m?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.6th
Eugene leg of Diamond League was held in Doha. Neeraj Chopra ranks 6thwith a javelin throw of 80.81 m. HE shattered his own national record of 87.43 m . German’s Thomas Rohler took the gold with 89.88m, Johannes Vetter ranked second and got silver with a throw of 89.34 m, Andreas Hofmann won the bronze with a throw of 86.45m .
- On 24th May 2018, ____, also known as Zoru Bakshi passed away in New Delhi?
1.Lt Gen Zorawar Chand Bakshi
2.Lt Gen Kanwar Lal Bakshi
3.Lt Gen Ramandeep Bakshi
4.Lt Gen Zainabi lal Bakshi
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lt Gen Zorawar Chand Bakshi
Zorawar Chand Bakshi was 97 years old. He had received Maha Vir Chakra (MVC), Vir Chakra, Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) and Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM). He had played a major role in the capture of the Haji Pir pass from Pakistan army.
- When was the International Missing Children’s Day observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.May 25
In 1983, former US President Ronald Reagen declared 25th May as United States’ National Missing Children’s Day. In 2001, 25 May was declared as International Missing Children’s Day (IMCD) due to the efforts of ICMEC (International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children), Missing Children Europe and the European Commission. The International Missing Children’s Day is celebrated to honour missing and abducted children and to celebrate recovered children.
- When was World Thyroid Awareness Day themed ‘Environment and the Thyroid’ observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.May 25
In 2009, 25th May was declared as the World Thyroid Awareness Day due to the efforts of European Thyroid Association (ETA) and American Thyroid Association (ATA). World Thyroid Awareness Day is a day to create awareness on checking thyroid function regularly, awareness on the disease, and to initiate precautionary action. Theme for World Thyroid Awareness Day 2018 is: ‘Environment and the Thyroid’.
- On 23rd May 2018, MobiKwik announced the launch of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its platform through its own Virtual payment address (VPA) handle ___?
5.None of theseAnswer – [email protected]
MobiKwik’s users can, by default, use their mobile number as their own VPA which will be ‘@ikwik’. They will also be able to link multiple bank accounts with just one VPA and users can change primary account as per their requirements.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of ICICI bank?Chairman – Chanda Kochhar; Headquarters – Mumbai
- Where is Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park located?Telangana
- Who is the CMD of NTPC (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited)?Gurdeep Singh
- Where is the headquarters of Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)?New Delhi
- Where is Chittor Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located?Rajasthan