AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 26 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 26, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s longest river bridge, the Dhola-Sadiya bridge. What is the length of this bridge?
5.15.15 kmAnswer – 2.9.15 km
9.15 km long Dhola-Sadiya Bridge is longer than the Bandra-Worli Sea Link (5.6 km) in Mumbai. It has been built at a cost of about Rs 2,056 crore over river Lohit, a tributary of the Brahmaputra. This bridge has been named after late legendary singer Bhupen Hazarika. Sadiya was the birth place of Bhupen Hazarika.
- On May 26, 2017, PM Modi laid the foundation stone for an Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) in which district of Assam?
5.Nalbari districtAnswer – 1.Dhemaji district
On May 26, 2017, PM Modi laid the foundation stone for an Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) at Gogamukh in Dhemaji district of Assam. PM Modi also announced the launch of the new scheme SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) which will bring value addition of agriculture produce and will thereby increase farmers’ income.
- As per new rules notified by the Environment Ministry, Government has banned the sale of all kinds of cattle for slaughter at animal markets across the country. This new rule has been notified under:
1.Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act of 1950.
2.Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act of 1960.
3.Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act of 1970.
4.Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act of 1980.
5.Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act of 1990.Answer – 2.Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act of 1960.
As per the new rules, now onwards only farmland owners will be allowed to trade at animal markets. Sellers and buyers will be required to produce identity and farmland ownership documents at the time of trade.
- Which State Government has launched the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccination drive, with an aim to eradicate the disease in 38 districts of the State?
5.JharkhandAnswer – 4.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Government has involved all the voluntary and social organisations in this JE drive which will continue till June 11, 2017 in 38 districts. During a survey conducted on the previous immunisation drive, it was found that only 60 per cent of the children were vaccinated.
- Chief Minister of which state has launched a ‘Shivar Samwad Sabha’ to reach out to farmers in the state and address their issues?
5.Andhra PradeshAnswer – 1.Maharashtra
The four-day initiative is being launched amid the rising resentment among farmers across the state over delay in procurement of tur this year. Nearly 4,000 elected representatives of the party will participate in the campaign and hold meetings with farmers at various locations.
- Taj Mahal has secured ______ position on Traveller’s Choice list of top 10 Global Landmarks.
5.8th positionAnswer – 2.5th position
Taj Mahal is the only Indian monument which has featured in the list of top 10 Global Landmarks, compiled by Traveller’s Choice. It has secured 5th position on this list. In the list of top Asian Landmarks, Taj Mahal secured second position.
- Which among the following is the only Indian company to be named among the top 10 consumer financial services companies in the world?
1.LIC Housing Finance
5.Muthoot FinanceAnswer – 2.HDFC
With profits of USD 1.6 billion and sales of $8.1 billion, HDFC has ranked seventh on the Forbes Global List 2017 in the consumer financial services sector. The company has been featured in the coveted list for the third consecutive year. American Express topped the list, followed by Capital One Financial and Visa in the second and third place, respectively.
- As per “fDi Report 2017”, compiled by fDi intelligence, a division of the Financial Times, which country has retained its position as world’s top greenfield Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) destination for the second consecutive year?
5.IndiaAnswer – 5.India
Attracting $62.3 billion FDI inflows in 2016, India remained much ahead of China and the US. Attracting $59 billion FDI inflows, China surpassed US and became the second biggest country for FDI by capital investment. US attracted $48 billion FDI inflows.
- As per a report by World Economic Forum (WEF), the size of retirement savings gap in India is expected to touch $85 trillion by year ______ from the current shortfall of $3 trillion largely due to longer lifespans and reduced levels of savings
5.2030Answer – 1.2050
The savings gap resembles the amount of money required in each country (including contributions from governments, individuals and employers) to provide each person with a retirement income equal to 70 per cent of their pre-retirement income.
- As per the amended definition of a start-up, an entity shall be considered as a start-up up to _______ years from the date of its incorporation/registration
5.7 yearsAnswer – 5.7 years
Startup India initiative was unveiled in January 2016 to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and to help start-ups to drive economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities. The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion is the nodal agency for start-ups in India.
- Porter Prizes are associated with which field?
3.Business Strategy and Competitiveness
4.Excellence in Sports
5.English LiteratureAnswer – 3.Business Strategy and Competitiveness
ITC Ltd has won the Porter Prize 2017 award for ‘Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration’ for its contribution in ‘Creating Shared Value’. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), an acknowledged national resource institute for entrepreneurship education, research, training and institution-building, has also been conferred with the prestigious Porter Prize 2017 for its role in shaping the industry, casting unique positioning and altering the basis of competition for education, training and educational services.
- Anurag Tripathy has been appointed as secretary of:
5.NIOSAnswer – 4.CBSE
On May 25, 2017, senior bureaucrat Anurag Tripathy was appointed as the secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Tripathy, a 1998 batch officer of Indian Railway personnel Service (IRPS), has been appointed to the post for a period of five years.
- Who among the following has been appointed as second Indian-American judge of US Court of Appeals?
5.Suresh KhoteAnswer – 1.Amul Thapar
On May 25, 2017, Amul Thapar became the second Indian-American judge of an appeals court with the United States senate confirming his appointment to the Cincinnati-based Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Thapar, 47, was born in Detroit to immigrants from India, Raj Thapar and Veena Bhalla. He went to college in Boston, and studied law at University of California, Berkeley.
- Jaideep Mazumdar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which Asian country?
5.JapanAnswer – 2.Philippines
Jaideep Mazumdar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Philippines. He is a 1989 batch IFS officer and is presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Former Punjab Director General of Police (DGP)_____________________, credited for wiping off Khalistan terrorism from Punjab, passed away on May 26, 2017.
5.PN RanaAnswer – 3.KPS Gill
Former Punjab Director General of Police (DGP) Kanwar Pal Singh Gill passed away at the age of 82 due to cardiac arrhythmia. Popularly known as the ‘Lion of Punjab’, Gill served twice as the DGP of Punjab and is credited for wiping off Khalistan terrorism from Punjab.
- Who among the following is the author of the book “Marching with a Billion- Analysing Narendra Modi’s Government at Midterm”?
5.Rasanand NayakAnswer – 4.Uday Mahurkar
The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee received the first copies of books ‘Mann Ki Baat: A Social Revolution on Radio’ and ‘Marching with a Billion- Analysing Narendra Modis
Government at Midterm’ from Smt. Sumitra Mahajan, Speaker of the Lok Sabha. The book ‘Mann Ki Baat: A Social Revolution on Radio’ is a compilation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s addresses to the nation on radio every month under the programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’. The book ‘Marching with a Billion- Analysing Narendra Modi’s Government at Midterm’ analyses the monumental changes that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has brought on multiple fronts on India’s governance landscape.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.