AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 25 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 25,2018, the Union Minister of Human Resources and Development Mr. Prakash Javedekar launched the ______ scheme for providing education from pre-school till class 12?
1.Janani Suraksha Yojana
4.Integrated Child Development Services
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Samagra Shiksha
This scheme will consist of the three components considered earlier for school education . They are : Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA),Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Traning . The budget has been enhanced for school education from Rs. 28000 crore from 2017-18 to Rs. 34000 crore from 2018-19. And it would be further increased to Rs. 41000 crore in 2019-2020. The number of schools to be benefitted by this scheme is : 11,50,000. The amount granted will be : Rs. 5000 for primary, Rs. 10000 for upper primary & Rs. 25000 for SSC and HSC schools.
- On May 25,2018, the Prime Minister of Netherlands ____ launched ‘Clean Air India’ initiative in New Delhi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mark Rutte
It is a joint collaboration of India’s ‘Startup India’ and Netherlands ‘Get In the Ring’ platforms and INDUS forum an online matchmaking platform of Indian and Dutch businesses. For monitoring and combating air pollution the Dutch firms would sale equipment such as sensors and data and solutions . The main focus is minimizing air pollution in Delhi as per the ‘INDUS impact’ project which aims to stop hazardous burning of paddy which cause air pollution.
- During the visit of Prime Minister of Netherlands to India, how many assigments were signed by Netherlands covering government and private sectors?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.51
Agreements have been singed in areas of trade and investment especially in clean technology , cyber security, food processing, health care and smart cities. It will bring the largest trade mission to the country. MOU with the state of Haryana in the agri sector especially horticulture sector. Netherlands was made the partner country for the Tech Summit in 2019. PM Rutte signed 40 MOUs with the private sector in the areas of agri-food,water, horticulture, hi-tech and IT smart cities.
- Name the Mumbai headquartered e-logistics company that is to establish world’s first digital freight passage with Netherlands as the gateway?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Cogoport
Mumbai Headquartered e-logistics company Cogoport to establish world’s first digital freight passage with Netherlands as the gateway. This announcement was made on the ‘Smart and Sustainable port led development’ in Mumbai. The port of Amsterdam will work with JM Baxi for operations of the Mumbai port terminal. MOU between municipality of Amsterdam and Maharashtra to work on urban planning, waste management & waste processing.
- On May 25,2018, Prime Minister of Netherlands inaugurated Indo-Dutch Ganga Forum in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
Session on “Innovative Financing Models for Indo-Dutch PPP Projects”were introduced. Under this project 2 missions of National Mission for Clean Ganga (NCMG ) would start in Varanasi and in Haridwar. Also sessions on “Dutch Approach to Partnership in Public Utilities in India” and on “Innovative Dutch Solutions for Urban Water Challenges” took place. Netherlands joined hands with Uttar Pradesh to reduce water consumption and start cleaner technologies in Kanpur.
- On May 23,2018, an Indo-Dutch Startup Initiative was launched named ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.#StartUpLink
Invest India from the Indian Govt’s side and Dutch government launched it in Bengaluru. Startup India Hub and Netherlands Enterprise Agency of Netherlands are the gateways from either sides. Under this partnership Shell has launched Shell E4 Hub to provide start ups the infrastructure , industry knowledge and a world class accelerator program to empower entrepreneurs. A delegation of 10-12 Dutch startups are expected to visit India .
- On May 25,2018 , the Union Minister for Electronics & IT and Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated cloud enabled Data Centre at _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bhubaneswar, Odisha
It is a centralized cloud environment that would work with simple operations and would provide flexible and quick responses to requirements to future technological enhancements. The Data centre and cloud services are being offered by National Informatics Centre (NIC). This would provide on-demand access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT )Infrastructure . Platform to deliver ICT system and Data services across different platforms.
- On 25th May 2018, the Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council (ISC) headed by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh held a meeting in New Delhi. Discussions were conducted on all 273 recommendations of ____ Commission?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Punchhi Commission
Discussions were conducted on all 273 recommendations of the Punchhi Commission. This was the 13th meeting of the Standing Committee of the ISC. The meeting focused on volume VI & VII of the Punchhi Commission’s Report. They had 88 recommendations in total. The recommendations in Volume VI of the Punchhi Commission report are related to: Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure. The recommendations in Volume VII are related to: Socio-economic Development, Public Policy and Good Governance.
- On 25 May 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of several projects of the Government of India and Government of Jharkhand, at an event in ____, Jharkhand?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sindri
The projects are listed below:
1.Revival of Sindri Fertilizer Project of Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Ltd.
2.Ranchi City Gas Distribution Project by GAIL
3.All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Deoghar
4.Development of Deoghar Airport
5.Patratu Super Thermal Power Project
- On 25th May 2018, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated an Incubation centre and Food Testing Laboratory at NIFTEM in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sonipat, Haryana
The facilities that were inaugurated at NIFTEM are as follows:
1.Pilot Plant for Ready-to-Eat and Traditional Food
2.Pilot Plant for Milk and Dairy Product
3.Pilot Plant for Fruits and Vegetable processing
4.Pilot Plant for Meat and Poultry Processing
5.NIFTEM Centre for Food Research and Analysis
- On May 25,2018, Ministry of Culture organized the 9th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2018 in Tehri of which state from 25th to 27th May,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Uttarakhand
It aims to preserve , popularize and promote the cultural heritage and diversity of all Indian states . The cultures of other states would be displayed through a food festival. This year the partner state for the festival of Uttarakhand is Karnataka. Special emphasis is given to the performances of the partner state. Performances of arts, folk dances, music, cuisines would be showcased from different states. Special local Tehri folk artists would join as well.
- On 25th May 2018, the e-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods was implemented for _____, Manipur and Union Territories (without legislature)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Maharashtra
On 25th May 2018, the e-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods was implemented for: Maharashtra, Manipur, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli Daman & Diu and Lakshadweep. The e-Way Bill system for inter-State movement of goods was launched on 1st April 2018. By 25th May 2018, 27 States / Union Territories will have implemented the e-Way Bill system for intra-State movement of goods.
- Which country has been listed as one of the top three target countries for Phishing and malware-based attacks as per the RSA Quarterly Fraud Report for the period from January 1 to March 31, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.India
The RSA Quarterly Fraud Report for the period from January 1 to March 31, 2018, says that phishing contributed for 48 per cent of total cyber-attacks. The report stated that Canada, the United States, India and Brazil were the countries highly targeted by phishing. Other major phishing-targeted countries are: Brazil (4th), Netherlands (5th), Colombia (6th), Spain (7th), Mexico (8th), Germany (9th) and South Africa (10th).The report says that, in the first quarter, 55 % of transactions originated from the mobile channel and 65 % of fraud transactions used a mobile application or browser.
- On 24th May 2018, CSC SPV and which bank signed an MoU to offer financial support to CSCs (Common Services Centers) all over India?
1.NABARD (National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development)
2.State Bank of India (SBI)
3.Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
4.Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
As per the MoU, SIDBI will offer financial support to the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) of Common Services Centers, with minimum one year of operation, under the Direct Financing Window of SIDBI. Through Direct Financing Window, CSC SPV will approve the list of VLEs, within 25 km distance of SIDBI Branch Offices, who are in need of financial support.. In order to receive the loan, the VLEs should submit their CSC project, with maximum project outlay of Rs. 3.50 lakh and term loan requirement under Rs. 2 lakh per project.
- On May 25,2018, National Stock Echange (NSE) approved which bank to be empanelled as ‘Settlement Bank’ for National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Yes Bank
It will provide different services to the member viz. Settlement and Clearing, electronic fund transfer and ‘anywhere’ banking and free of cost fund transfer across all centres of NSE’s members. NSCCL will be coordinating with YES bank accounts for its risk management and settlement operations that it does on behalf of NSE.
- On May 25, 2018, market valuation of ____ crossed Rs. 7 lakh crore and became the first company so far to have achieved this goal?
2.Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)
The valuation is measured at Rs. 7,03,309 crore. In April TCS became the first company to close trading session with over $100 billionmarket value. Following TCS are : Reliance Industries at Rs. 5, 83,908.87 crore, HDFC bank at Rs. 5,19,654.83 crore, HUL at Rs. 3,42,244.47 crore , ITC at Rs. 3,30,919.46 crore.
- On 24th May 2018, United States President Donald Trump awarded a Medal of Honor to retired Master Chief Special Warfare Operator ____, at the White House, United States?
2.Britt K. Slabinski
3.Amor De Selinski
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Britt K. Slabinski
Britt K. Slabinski is a former member of the Navy’s SEAL Team Six. He was awarded for leading a rescue mission on a mountaintop in Afghanistan in 2002. He retired from the Navy in 2014 after completing more than 25 years of service.
- On 22nd May 2018, ____ received the first prize for conserving the rare wildlife resources from the National Bio-diversity Authority, at Hyderabad?
1.Singchung Bugun Village Community Reserve
2.Dibru Saikova Village Community Reserve
3.Atapaka Bird Sanctuary Community Reserve
4.Shillong Village Community Reserve
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Singchung Bugun Village Community Reserve
Singchung Bugun Village Community Reserve is a non-governmental organization. Since 2016, along with Forest Department, it has been protecting and conserving the 17 sq km area Singchung Bugun Village Community Reserve. The Singchung Bugun Village Community Reserve is adjacent to the Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary in West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh. The award was sponsored by the National Bio-diversity Authority. The award consisted of a citation, a memento and a cash prize of Rs one lakh.
- On 23rd May 2018, who became the only woman in the world to climb three highest peaks in Nepal above 8,000 meters in one season within 25 days?
2.Nima Jangmu Sherpa
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Nima Jangmu Sherpa
Nima Jangmu Sherpa made her ascent on Mt Kanchenjunga, which is the third highest peak of the world. She is 28 years old. She has become the only woman in the world to climb three highest peaks in Nepal above 8,000 meters in one seasonwithin 25 days. She had scaled Mt Everest on 14th May and Mt Lhotse on 29th April 2018.
- On 25th May 2018, ____ was given one-year extension as the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) till May 2019?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sushil Chandra
This is the second extension for Sushil Chandra after becoming the chairman of CBDT on 1st November 2016. In 2017, he was given a one-year extension till 31st May 2018. He is a 1980 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre).
- On 25th May 2018, Vice Admiral GS Pabby, AVSM, VSM, Chief of Materiel commissioned ____ into the Indian Navy at Port Blair?
1.IN LCU L54
2.IN LCU C45
3.IN VHU L54
4.IN PSP S44
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.IN LCU L54
IN LCU L54 is the fourth Landing Craft Utility (LCU) Mk-IV class inducted into the Indian Navy. This ship was indigenously designed and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata. LCU MK-IV ship is an amphibious ship. Its primary role is transportation and deployment of Main Battle Tanks, Armoured Vehicles, troops and equipment from ship to shore. These ships are based at the Andaman and Nicobar Command. They can be deployed for beaching operations, search and rescue, disaster relief operations, supply and replenishment and evacuation from distant islands etc.
- Name the former Australia captain, who was banned due to ball tampering issue, will make a comeback through the inaugural Global T20 Canada event that starts on 28th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Steve Smith
Steve Smith will play in the inaugural Global T20 Canada event. The tournament will see participation from six teams. It is organized by Cricket Canada. Steve Smith was suspended for 12 months in March 2018 as he was involved in the South African ball-tampering scandal. He is permitted to play domestic tournaments outside Australia by Cricket Australia.
- Name the person who has become the youngest person in the world to scale six peaks over 8,000 metres when he summited Kangchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Arjun Vajpai
Indian mountaineer Arjun Vajpai this week became the youngest person in the world to scale six peaks over 8,000 metres when he summited Kangchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world.
- Which has become the ‘first’ civic body in India to generate solar energy, selling surplus power?
1.South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC)
2.Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP)
3.Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
4.Greater Chennai Corporation
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC)
The SDMC has claimed that it has become the “first” civic body in India to generate solar energy by installing panels over rooftops of its over 55 buildings and earn a huge income in three months by selling surplus power to a power distribution company. 2500 KW peak solar power is being generated from the solar panels installed in 54 schools and a community centre.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the CEO of Yes Bank?Rana Kapoor
- Name the Chairman & MD and headquarters of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)?Chairman & Managing Director – Mohammad Mustafa; Headquarters – Lucknow
- Where is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport located?Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- What is the tag line of UCO Bank?Honors Your Trust
- Who is the Chairperson of Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)?Natarajan Chandrasekharan