Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which is the first ever policy that is recently approved Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
A.National Tourism Policy
B.National Industrial Export Policy
C.National Education Policy
D.National Capital Goods Policy
Answer – D.National Capital Goods Policy
Increasing production of capital goods from Rs. 2.30 crore in 2014-15 to Rs. 7.50 crore in 2025.Raising direct and indirect employment from the current 8.4 million to 30 million. Cabinet also gives ex-post facto approval to establishment of the National Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh.
- Which Draft Model Rules released by the Women and Child Development Ministry Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi ?
A.Juvenile Justice Act, 2015
B.Anti-Hijacking Bill, 2016
C.Women Safety and Prevention Act, 2015
D.Pregnancy Under Maternity Act, 2016
Answer – A.Juvenile Justice Act, 2015
This act covers Care and Protection of Children. Provisions for children who commit offences in the age group of 16-18 years.Mandatory registration of all Child Care Institutions with punishment in case of non-compliance. Smt.Maneka Sanjay Gandhi also inaugurated the e-Archive website and the e-Learning portal of WCD Ministry.
- Which ordinance is signed by the President Pranab Mukherjee to all-India medical entrance- test in the academic year?
Answer – C.NEET
Upon this the state governments will get an option to either conduct their own exam or go for NEET to fill UG seats. Meanwhile for PG courses, the exam will be held under NEET for 2017-18 session, in December this year. Once an examinee qualifies in the NEET he or she can apply for admission to any college of their choice across the country.
- Which is the world’s largest student-tracking programme launched by HRD Ministry?
A.Shala SAMITA Yojana (SSY)
B.Shala SUMITA Yojana (ASY)
C.Shala AASMITA Yojana (SAY)
D.Shala ASMITA Yojana (SAY)
Answer – D.Shala ASMITA Yojana (SAY)
Under ASMITA the government will track students through their Aadhaar numbers as almost 65 per cent of school students in the age group of 5 to 18 years have that and those who don’t will be provided with a unique identity number. The proposed Scheme aims to track the educational journey of close to 25 crore school students from Class I to Class XII across 15 lakh schools in India.
- In Which State Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has commissioned the first 800 MW supercritical thermal unit ?
D.Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Answer – B.Raichur, Karnataka
The unit has been commissioned at the 2×800 MW Yeramarus. Thermal Power Station (TPS) located in Raichur district of Karnataka. The thermal unit has been developed by Raichur Power Corporation Ltd (RPCL) which is a joint work of Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) and BHEL.
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the MOU for power development between which countries?
A.India & Japan
B.India & China
C.India & Bangladesh
D.India & England
Answer – A.India & Japan
The purpose is to address issues and barriers in promoting sustainable, stable and low-carbon thermal power development.
Union Government also gives ex-post facto approval to India-Maldives MoU on tourism. To exchange visits of Tour Operators/Media/Opinion Makers for promotion of two-way tourism.
- Which building has opened by Dubai the world’s first functioning used in bid to enhance Gulf’s main tourism and business development?
A.Wifi Routed office
B.Glass covered office
C.Gold coated office
Answer – D.3D-printed office
The unique building area sprawls about 2,700-square-foot which is a single-story building was built in just 17 days using a gigantic, 20-foot tall 3D printer and a special mix of concrete, fiber reinforced plastic and glass fiber reinforced gypsum.
- Which scheme has approved by Union Government by the revision in guidelines of the Performance to increase its credibility and effectiveness for both borrowers and banks?
A.Profit Rating Scheme
B.Deposit Rating Scheme
C.Credit Rating Scheme
D.Interest Rating Scheme
Answer – C.Credit Rating Scheme
Performance and Credit Rating Scheme is implemented by Ministry of MSME through National Small Industries Corporation. Meanwhile under this Scheme only rating agencies registered by SEBI and empanelled as External Credit Assessment Institution (ECAI) by RBI would be eligible to work out rating of MSEs.
- The Mukurthi National Park is located in ________
Answer – B.Tamil Nadu
The Mukurthi National Park is located in the Nilgiris District of Tamil Nadu, the south eastern corner of the Nilgiris Plateau. Spread over 78.46 km, this represents one of the very few areas which support a viable population of the Nilgiri Tahr.
- The World Bank Group has launched the much anticipated _________________ Facility to quickly mobilize funds to tackle global disease outbreaks and create a new insurance market for pandemic risk.
A.Pandemic Shared Finance
B.Pandemic Assisted Finance
C.Pandemic Emergency Finance
D.Pandemic Assured Finance
Answer – C.Pandemic Emergency Finance
This facility is expected to bring the much needed coordination and speed for future global disease outbreak response efforts. The intend of the Financing Facility, revealed at a G7 finance ministers meeting in Japan, is to make funds instantly available for controlling the spread of particular infectious diseases, thereby saving lives and money over the longer-term.
- Which Bank’s proposal for increase in the FDI limit that the ex-post facto approved by Cabinet?
Answer – B.Yes Bank
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has granted ex-post facto approval to the proposal of Yes Bank for scale up in the foreign investment limit to 74% from the present foreign equity limit of 41.87%.
- Neeraj Chopra is related to which sports?
Answer – D.Javelin Throw
India’s javelin sensation Neeraj Chopra produced his best form since the SAF Games to clinch the silver medal but still missed the Olympics qualification mark at the Zygmunta Selesta Memorial in Warsaw, Poland.
- Kolkata based Tea Board has designated Bank of India as the new settlement bank for Pan India __________ from sale number 25.
Answer – C.E-auction
The biggest lender in the country SBI which handles eauction of tea for the KOLKATA auction centre, will also lose the status of a settlement bank. The Mumbai based lender will start working as a settlement bank for all the six auction centres Kolkata, Guwahati, Siliguri, Cochin, Coonoor and Coimbatore.
- Who is the US engineer becomes first woman to win $1.1 million technology prize for creating specific traits in enzymes?
D.Yvonne C. Brill
Answer – C.Frances Arnold
US hailed biochemical engineer Frances Arnold is the first woman in its 12-year history to win a $1.1 million international technology prize for her innovative work on directed evolution, a method of creating specific traits in enzymes.
- Who is Left Democractic Front Party member and also Chief Minister of Kerala?
C.Shri Pinarayi Vijayan
D.Shri Nitish Kumar
Answer – C.Shri Pinarayi Vijayan
The Cabinet of the Left Democratic Front Government comprises of 19 members including Chief Minister. Governor P. Sathasivam administered the oath of office and secrecy to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and 18 members.
- The British actor who is famous in acted films like Pink Panther and James Bonds series died at an age of 85?
Answer – D.Burt Kwouk
The British actor Burt Kwouk has died aged 85. He was best known for his role as Catojames-bond in the Pink Panther films. The British actor starred in BBC sitcom Last of the Summer Wine from 2002 to 2010 and he was awarded an Order of the British Empire in the 2011.
- Who among the following is the author of the book “The Bones of Grace”?
Answer – C.Tahmima Anam
Best-selling, award-winning author Tahmima Anam’s third novel “The Bones of Grace”, the last of Anam’s trilogy on the Haque family is published by Canongate Books in UK.
- In Which state Bhasha Research and Publication Centre released the publication “Volume of the Peoples Linguistic Survey of India Series” ?
Answer – A.Gujarat
It would be released by the Gujarat Governor O P Kohli and it was edited by Kanjibhai Patel and published by Orient Blackswan. The volume consolidates totally 49 languages or dialects spoken in gujarat including the languages of coastal, tribal and nomadic societies.