AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 24 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 24, 2017, Union Minister of State for Communications (Independent Charge), Shri Manoj Sinha launched satellite phone service of which telecom operator?
In the first phase, this service will be provided to agencies handling a disaster, state police, railways, Border Security Force and other government agencies. In the later phase, people travelling in flight and on ships will be able to use this service. BSNL’s satellite phone service will be enabled by INMARSAT which has a constellation of geostationary communication satellites.
- Swachh Bharat App” has been launched in ________ under Ministry of Culture by the Minister of State (I/C) for Culture & Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma
1.National Museum, Delhi
5.Indian Museum, Kolkata
Answer – 1.National Museum, Delhi
At present, this App is available for Android Mobile phones. When you are in the Museum it will deliver you the message about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and ask you to report the garbage around you. All you need is to enable the Bluetooth of your mobile device. Even if you do not have the App installed then also you will be delivered the message by Google about the Swachh Bharat Abiyan which will give you the link to install the App. Once you start the App it will ask to take photograph of the garbage and write the comment and just submit. It will be reported to the authority on the backend.
- IIT Kharagpur’s Rekhi Centre of Excellence for the Science of Happiness has signed an MoU with which State Government to collaborate on the development of a Happiness Index for measuring the well-being of the people of the state?
Answer – 4.Madhya Pradesh
The MoU was signed with MP government’s ‘Rajya Anandam Sansthan’ (Department of Happiness) in the presence of MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and IIT-Kharagpur Director Prof. P P Chakrabarti in Bhopal.
- On May 23, 2017, Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism inaugurated an exhibition “Return of the Three Stone Sculptures from ________ to India” in National Museum, Delhi.
Answer – 5.Australia
The exhibition is organised to mark the safe return of three stone sculptures (Seated Buddha, Worshippers of Buddha, Goddess Pratyangira) from Australia to India. These sculptures were purchased by National Gallery of Australia from Nancy Wiener, New York in 2007 and Art of the Past, New York, 2005.
- On May 24, 2017, External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj, Electronics and Information Technology Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasadand Human Resource Development Minister, Prakash Javadekarjointly inaugurated the integration of eSanad with _________, CBSE’s digital academic repository.
Answer – 1.‘Parinam Manjusha’
‘Parinam Manjusha’ is CBSE’s digital academic repository which allows students to find their mark sheets and other certificates online. eSanad is aimed at online verification of the documents with an objective to extend contactless, cashless and paperless document attestation/apostille service to applicants in India as well as abroad.
- Which among the following nation ratified the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Pact on May 22, 2017?
Answer – 2.Nauru
The world’s smallest nation, Nauru has ratified the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Pact. Aaron Cook, Nauru’s Commerce, Industry and Environment Minister handed over the ratification document to Union Finance, Defence and Corporate Affairs Minister Arun Jaitley on May 22, 2017.
- 3rd Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Inter-sessional Ministerial Meeting was held on 21-22 May 2017 in:
1.Wellington, New Zealand
2.Colombo, Sri Lanka
Answer – 3.Hanoi, Vietnam
Trade Ministers of all 16 RCEP countries participated in this meeting. Indian delegation to this meeting was led by Union Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. As Philippines is currently holding the Presidency of ASEAN, the RCEP Inter-sessional Ministerial Meeting was chaired by Ramon Lopez – Trade Minister and Industry Minister of Philippines.
- In May 2017, a two-day ‘Startup India Summit’was held in which Gulf country?
Answer – 4.UAE
This summit was held by the Consul General of India (CGI) in Dubai and Embassy of India in Abu Dhabi in partnership with iSPIRIT, a non-profit think tank and was supported by TiE Dubai, a non-profit association dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship.
- On May 22, 2017, which police force, officially inducted world’s first operational robot police officer ‘Robocop’?
4.New York Police
Answer – 1.Dubai Police
The Robocop – standing 1.7 metres tall and weighing 100 kilograms – is equipped with an emotion detector which can recognise gestures and hand signals from up to 1.5 metres away. It can detect a person’s emotions and facial expressions, and can change its own expression and greetings accordingly to put people at ease. The Robocop will use facial recognition software to help human police officers identify and catch offenders, as well as broadcast live video feeds.
- RBI is planning to expand the scope of cases to be referred to the Oversight Committee (OC) beyond those under the Scheme for S4A. Abbreviation S4A stands for:
1.Sustainable Structuring of Strategic Assets
2.Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets
3.Systematic Structuring of Strategic Assets
4.Systematic Structuring of Stressed Assets
5.Sustainable Structuring of Secured Assets
Answer – 2.Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets
The Reserve Bank of India has said it will reconstitute and expand the oversight committee to deal with rising bad loans. The central bank is also planning to expand the scope of cases to be referred to the committee beyond those under the Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A). This is part of the central bank’s action plan to implement the recently passed ordinance that amended the Banking Regulation Act.
- _________ and IFFCO have rolled out their first set of co-branded debit cards for farmers as part of a novel initiative to push digitalisation and cashless economy.
1.State Bank of India
2.Punjab National Bank
3.Bank of Baroda
Answer – 3.Bank of Baroda
In February 2017, Bank of Baroda and IFFCO had entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in this regard. The co-branded debit cards, with inbuilt overdraft of Rs. 2,500 in special savings bank account, could be used for purchase of various agri products at IFFCO sale counters.
- Who among the following has been voted as the new Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO)?
1.Dr. David Nabarro
2.Dr. Nicolas Costner
3.Dr. Dr. Sania Nishtar
Answer -4.Dr. Tedros
On May 23, 2017, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus of Ethiopia was voted as the new Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO). He is the first African ever to hold this post. Dr Tedros replaces Dr Margaret Chan of China, who has held this post from 2006.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Group General Counsel of Tata Sons?
Answer – 1.Shuva Mandal
Shuva Mandal will replace Bharat Vasani, who has been holding the post of Group General Counsel for the last 17 years. Vasani has expressed a desire to move into a more strategic and advisory role.
- On May 24, 2017, Prime Minister of which Asian country announced his resignation while addressing the nation in a live telecast?
Answer – 2.Nepal
On May 24, 2017, Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ resigned after a brief stint of nine months, honouring a power sharing understanding reached between his party and the ruling partner Nepali Congress. Mr Prachanda, 62, announced his resignation while addressing the nation in a live telecast. It was his second stint as the Prime Minister. He was elected as the 39th prime minister of Nepal after forging alliance with the Nepali Congress on August 3, 2016.
- An extremely rare bag used by NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong to collect the first dust samples from the Moon is expected to fetch up to $____ million at an auction in the US
1.$ 1 million
2.$ 2 million
3.$ 4 million
4.$ 7 million
5.$ 10 million
Answer – 3.$ 4 million
The bag brought back to Earth 48 years ago contains traces of the moon dust and is an exceptionally rare relic of humanity’s greatest achievement. It will be up for auction on July 20, 2017, along with a signed photograph of Armstrong’s companion Buzz Aldrin and other memorabilia.
- On May 10, 2017, ________, the world’s largest aircraft, successfully completed a test flight by flying for a total of 180 minutes in Cardington, UK.
Answer – 4.Airlander 10
The hybrid aircraft dubbed the Airlander 10 combines technology from airplanes, helicopters and airships. It is designed to fly at altitudes of 6,100 meters for up to five days when manned. With a length of 92 metres, it is the largest aircraft currently flying.
- On May 23, 2017, Union Environment Ministry and Ozonaction organized First “Ozone2Climate” Technology Roadshow in:
Answer – 1.Agra
In a first, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, along with the UN Environment OzonAction’s Compliance Assistance Programme, organized an “Ozone2Climate” Technology Roadshow, post Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol, on the sidelines of the South Asia National Ozone Officers Annual Network Meeting – 2017 in Agra on May 23, 2017.
- Who among the following has won the coveted International Cricketer of the Year award at the CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) International awards 2017?
Answer – 2.R Ashwin
The award was presented to Ashwin by former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar and Harsh Goenka, Chairman of RPG Enterprises, at a function held at the Cricket Club of India. Ashwin has taken 99 wickets in the past 12 months.
- Sir Roger Moore, who passed away on May 23, 2017, was a renowned:
Answer – 3.Actor
Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89. He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.
- Who among the following has published a book titled “Confessions of a dying mind: the blind faith of atheism”?
Answer – 4.Haulianlal Guite
In a rare feat, a young Indian IAS officer, Haulianlal Guite, who hails from country’s most remote areas of Manipur state has recently published a book titled “Confessions of a dying mind: the blind faith of atheism” in New Delhi. The book was unveiled by Union Minister Kiren Rijiju in presence of David Syiemlieth, Chairman, UPSC.
- Who is the author of the book “Winning like Virat: Think & Succeed like Kohli”?
Answer – 4.Abhirup Bhattacharya
The Book titled “Winning like Virat: Think & Succeed like Kohli” by Abhirup Bhattacharya unravels the secrets of Virat Kohli’s consistent form, while attempting to decode his philosophy towards life.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.