Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Himachal Pradesh State Government launched initiative to empower women for raising standards named as _______________
D.PEGALAnswer – B.PEHAL
HP Chief Minister launched initiative to empower women for Raising Education Standards through programme called PEHAL to give quality education on Health and Sanitation.
- Ministry of State for Science & Technology minister indigenously developed fecal incontinence management system called by which name?
D.QaraAnswer – C.Qora
Launched by Minister of State for Science & Technology, Shri Y.S. Chowdary held at New Delhi to train the next generation of medical technology innovators in India
- Government to launch a hub & spoke model to set up science cities and science centres and to set up how many zones to have a science city individually?
D.5Answer – D.5
The union government will launch a hub and spoke model to set up science cities and science centres to support science and technology (S&T) incubators and create an environment and Five Zones would be operated that each zone should have a science City.
- In India, which campaign to curb over the counter use of antibiotics without prescription, create awareness of danger of taking antibiotics?
D.Red LineAnswer – D.Red Line
Red Line campaign by India to curb over-the-counter use of antibiotics is finding recognition, and could be adopted on a world scale. India’s Red line campaign was launched in February this year is finding recognition, and may well be take on worldwide.
- What are the organizations involved in launching of Union Government Initiative to judge the impact of Environment linked health problem by promoting Centre for Environmental Health?
A.Health Care Foundation and Tata Institute of Social Science
B.Public Health Foundation and Indian Institute of Science
C.Public Health Foundation and Tata Institute of Social Science
D.Health Care Foundation and Indian Institute of ScienceAnswer – C.Public Health Foundation and Tata Institute of Social Science
Union Health Minister J P Nadda launched the Centre for Environmental Health to judge the impact of environment-linked health problems like air pollution, climate change, pesticide use and sanitation. This is a joint initiative of the Public Health Foundation of India and the Tata Institute of Social Science.
- Which state government to set up 100 model schools to the existing in backward areas of the state on a priority basis during 2016-17?
D.GujaratAnswer – A.Odisha
Odisha government to build 100 model schools in addition to the existing similar number of schools functioning in backward areas of the state on a priority basis during 2016-17 fiscal.
- Union Cabinet has decided to set aside the Supreme Court’s order on which test that made a pan Indian common entrance test mandatory?
A.AIIMS Entrance Exam
B.National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
C.Joint Entrance Exam
D.All India Pre Medical TestAnswer – B.National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test that outlaws the states to go with their own entrance exams and ordered that only the NEET be the basis for Medical intake.
- Who headed a team of Six Indian Army mountaineers climbed the summit of Mount Everest considered one of the toughest trail marathons in the world?
D.Manjur BiswalAnswer – A.Ranveer Jamwal
A team of six Indian Army mountaineers successfully climbed the summit of Mount Everest led by seasoned climber Lt. Col. Ranveer Jamwal. This record as the third Everest expedition for him.
- World Metrology Day is being observed every year on which date as a focus for promoting the importance of measurement?
D.May 22ndAnswer – B.May 20th
World Metrology Day is observed every year on May 20 as a focus for promoting the importance of measurement. The day is coined in an international annual event that marks the signing of the Metre Convention by 17 nations in Paris in 1875.
- Legendary Gujarati Diwaliben Bhil, has passed away due to age-related ailments in Junagadh at the age 80. He related to which field?
D.ViolinistAnswer – A.Folk Singer
Legendary Gujarati folk singer Diwaliben Bhil, has passed away due to age-related ailments in Junagadh. She was 80. Besides folk songs and garba songs, Diwaliben had also lent her voice to several film songs.
- Which Military joined with United State Military research team to test 10 trials of the Hypersonic Technology?
D.MexicanAnswer – C.Australian
Australian military jointly with United States Military research team successfully blasted off a hypersonic technology in the Australia. Researchers were tested a series of 10 trials of the hypersonic technology at the world’s largest land testing range located at Woomera in Australia and at Norway’s Andoya Rocket Range.
- Who has been appointed as New Prime Minister of Turkey by President to take over the chair of Prime Minister?
A.Recep Tayyip Erdogan
D.Tayig MarldoAnswer – B.Binali Yildirim
Turkey’s Justice and Development Party has appointed Binali Yildirim as the new Prime Minister by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, as he seeks to tighten his grip on power.
- Indian Origin Philip Abraham elected Deputy Mayor of which country city to become the Mayor for the following year?
D.West IndiesAnswer – C.UK
Philip Abraham a journalist from Kerala has been unanimously elected the Deputy Mayor of Loughton town in the UK for following year. Indian Origin Philip Abraham elected Deputy Mayor of Loughton in U.K.
- Which House of Representatives inked agreement with India to have bilateral legislative to strengthen defence ties in India?
D.ChinaAnswer – A.US
The US House of Representatives gave nod to a bilateral legislative move to strengthen defence ties with India. The bill is passed by the Senate also it will keep before US President Barack Obama to be signed into law.
- Which organization has tightened the norms for Participatory Notes in order to check misuse and money laundering?
A.Reserve bank of India
C.International Monetary Fund
D.Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaAnswer – D.Securities and Exchange Board of India
Mumbai based Securities and Exchange Board of India has tightened the norms for Participatory Notes in order to check misuse of these instruments in round-tripping and money laundering.
- Indian – American scientist Rakesh K Jain and a Pakistani – American doctor Humayun with the US top honors on the field of science, technology and innovation. Name the Medal
A.National Medal of Science
B.International Science Medal
C.Awards for Science and Innovation
D.Medal for InnovationAnswer – A.National Medal of Science
US President Barack Obama has honored an Indian – American scientist named Rakesh K Jain and a Pakistani – American doctor named Humayun with the nation’s top honors on the field of science, technology and innovation respectively
- World Health Statistics for the year 2016 have been reported by World Health Organization about __________________.
A.Health and Care
D.Child Sex RatioAnswer – C.Life Expectance
World Health Statistics for the year 2016 have been reported by World Health Organization about Life Expectancy since 2000. Trends in Life Expectancy – Increased by 5 years between 2000 and 2015 and increasing from 1960
- Bombayla Devi is associated with which sport ?
A three-member Indian women’s archery team comprising Deepika Kumari , Bombayla Devi and Laxmirani Majhi was on Monday named for the Rio Olympics after a series of selection trials in the last three months.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification