Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 2 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Every year, ’World Asthma Day’ is observed on:
3.First Sunday of May
4.First Monday of May
5.First Tuesday of May
Answer – 5.First Tuesday of May
World Asthma Day is an annual event organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to improve asthma awareness and care around the world. World Asthma Day takes place on the first Tuesday of May.
- Which city is likely to get a Blind Football Academy (BFA), the first ever exclusive academy for differently-abled talents inIndia?
Answer – 2.KochiExplanation :
The Society for Rehabilitation of Visually Challenged (SRVC) and the Indian Blind Federation (IBFF) are making an effort to establish the Blind Football Academy (BFA). At the academy, players will be given vocational skill training in computers and foot reflexology to ensure a parallel source of income when they are not engaged in matches.
- Who among the following has been selected for the ‘Transformative Chief Minister Award’ in recognition for his role in advancing the US-India partnership at the state level?
1.Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu
2.Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani
3.Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
4.Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
5.Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
Answer – 1.Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu
The award by the US-India Business Council would be presented to Naidu during the USIBC West Coast Summit in the Silicon Valley on May 8, 2017. The summit will convene 150 industry leaders from sectors such as information technology, banking, food processing, healthcare, clean energy, digital payments and manufacturing.
- On May 2, 2017, Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Centre’s _________ to encourage 1,000 educational institutions to display portraits of war heroes on campus.
1.Veer Samman Abhiyan
2.Veer Shraddhanjali Abhiyan
3.Veerta Gaurav Abhiyan
4.Vidya Veerta Abhiyan
5.Veerta Smarak Abhiyan
Answer – 4.Vidya Veerta Abhiyan
As part of this campaign, universities and schools will dedicate a 15×20 feet wall on campus to display portraits of Param Veer Chakra awardees. Mr. Javadekar clarified that the Centre will not fund this campaign, but this will be done by institutions on voluntary basis with money collected by students and teachers.
- The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act – RERA has come into effect from:
1.April 1, 2017
2.April 10, 2017
3.April 20, 2017
4.April 25, 2017
5.May 1, 2017
Answer – 5.May 1, 2017
Government’s objective behind this Act is to protect home buyers and bring in overall transparency in the real estate sector which will encourage genuine private developers. It is to be noted that Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2016 was passed by Parliament in March 2016.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the President of __________was on an official visit to India from April 30, 2017 to May 1, 2017
Answer – 2.Turkey
This is Erdogan’s first visit to India as President of Turkey. Earlier, in 2008 he visited India as Prime Minister of Turkey. Mr. Erdogan, along with his 150-member business delegation took part in India-Turkey Business Summit that was held on May 1, 2017 in New Delhi.
- 4th National Standards Conclave was held on 1st and 2nd May 2017 in:
Answer – 4.New Delhi
The conclave was organised by Department of Commerce, Government of India in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and the National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) and other knowledge partners.
- On May 1, 2017, India’s second tallest flag pole was inaugurated in which district of Maharashtra?
Answer – 4.Kolhapur
300-foot flag post, said to be the country’s second-tallest, was inaugurated at Kolhapur in western Maharashtra on May 1, 2017. State revenue minister and district guardian minister Chandrakant Patil inaugurated the flag post installed in Police Garden, located opposite the office of Kolhapur Superintendent of Police, by hoisting the tricolour on the occasion of Maharashtra Day.
- Indian Railways will unveil a new premier train ___________ between Mumbai and Goa in June 2017 with state-of-the-art facilities
Answer – 5.Tejas Express
The 20-coach Tejas Express will have automatic doors and secured gangways for all coaches, a first for the Indian Railways. After the Mumbai-Goa run, the Tejas service, which was promised in the budget, is likely to be pressed on the Delhi- Chandigarh route
- Which State Government has launched ambulance service for injured and ill cows?
Answer – 1.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Government has started an ambulance service for cows. The ‘Gauvansh Chikitsa Mobile Vans’ service was flagged by Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya on May 2, 2017. The ambulance will rescue injured and ill cows and then take them to ‘gau shalas’ or a veterinary clinic for treatment.
- Central Government is planning to build an aerotropolis in ______and has sought 2,000 acres from the state government for the purpose.
Answer – 3.Assam
The proposed aerotropolis would bring huge benefits to the region in terms of civil aviation and air connectivity. Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha has requested Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal to allot 2,000 acres land at an hour’s journey away from Guwahati city near Brahmaputra River.
- Which among the following became the first city in the world to get its own Microsoft-designed font?
Answer – 5.Dubai
The font, now available to more than 100 million users of Microsoft Office 365 around the world, is the first font to be created by a city and named after it. The font has been designed for more than 180 countries and 23 languages integrating Arabic and Latin typefaces.
- On May 2, 2017, which private sector banksaid it has made 100 villages digitally-enabled in 2017 and plans to transform 500 more by the year-end?
4.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer – 5.ICICI Bank
The 100 villages which have been transformed into ‘ICICI Digital Villages’ are located across 17 states in India. These include 16 in Gujarat, 14 each in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, 12 each in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka and 11 in Rajasthan among others.
- Which among the following show has won 44th Daytime Emmy Awards in ‘Outstanding Game Show’ category?
2.Celebrity Name Game
4.The Price is Right
5.Let’s Make a Deal
Answer – 1.Jeopardy!
Presentation ceremony of 44th Daytime Emmy Awards, was held on April 30, 2017 in Pasadena, Los Angeles, US. Mario Lopez and Sheryl Underwood hosted the ceremony. These awards were given in recognition for outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production for the calendar year 2016.
- Who among the following has been honoured by Tamil Nadu State Government with “Avvaiyar Award” for 2017?
Answer – 1.Padma Venkataraman
On May 2, 2017, Tamil Nadu State Government honoured social worker Padma Venkataraman with the states “Avvaiyar Award” for 2017. Padma Venkataraman is the daughter of former President of India, the late R Venkataraman. This award has been given to her for her efforts in the areas of women’s welfare and rehabilitation of leprosy-affected persons for the past 30 years.
- Who among the following has been conferred with the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungnye Medal of the Republic of Korea for his services rendered as honorary consul general of South Korea in Kolkata?
Answer – 3.Rajive Kaul
Chairman of Nicco group and past president of CII Rajive Kaul was conferred with the medal by the acting President and Prime Minister of South Korea Hwang Kyo-ahn at a programme in New Delhi.
- Mr. Anthony Lianzuala has taken over as the new:
1.Soicitor General of India
2.Attorney General of India
3.Surveyor General of India
4.Controller General of Accounts
5.Comptroller and Auditor General of India
Answer – 4.Controller General of Accounts
Mr. Lianzuala, a graduate from the Hindu College of Delhi University, has vast and rich experience in the government both at the Centre and the State levels. He will be the First person from the North-Eastern Region to hold this position.
- In context of security devices, what is ‘E-Nasika’?
1.A hand held device that will be used for physical checking at airports
2.An advanced system to check narcotics mixed with other substances
3.An advanced CCTV surveillance system which will be used at airports
4.Hand-held equipment which is capable of rapid detection of chemical agents well below their toxic limits.
5.An advanced system which will be used to scan luggage at airports
Answer – 4.Hand-held equipment which is capable of rapid detection of chemical agents well below their toxic limits.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley recently handed over a number of devices developed by the DRDO to National Security Guard (NSG), Delhi Police and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF). The devices handed over to NDRF included ‘E-Nasika’, a hand-held equipment which is capable of rapid detection of chemical agents well below their toxic limits.
- Which portal has been launched by Government to allow people to check electro-magnetic radiation (EMF) compliance status of mobile towers?
Answer – 3.‘Tarang Sanchar’
To clear ‘myths and misconceptions’ about radiation from mobile phone towers, the government has launched a portal, ‘Tarang Sanchar’, to allow people to check electro-magnetic radiation (EMF) compliance status of mobile towers. Detailed information about any tower site, if requested, will be sent on email to the users.
- Which Indian tennis player has won Tallahassee Challenger Men’s Doubles title on April, 30 2017 with his partner Scott Lipsky from America?
Answer – 1.Leander Paes
Veteran Indian tennis player Leander Paes picked up his second Challenger-level title of the season. The top-seeded pair of Paes and American Scott Lipsky defeated Argentine third seeds Leonardo Mayer and Maximo Gonzalez in the summit clash.
- Ueli Steck, who passed away on April 30, 2017, was a renowned:
4.Formula 1 Driver
5.Hollywood Film Director
Answer – 3.Mountaineer
One of the world’s most renowned mountain climbers, Ueli Steck from Switzerland, has been killed in a mountaineering accident near Mt. Everest in Nepal. Steck was 40, and one of the most celebrated climber. He was killed after falling to the foot of Mt. Nuptse.
- Which date was observed as ‘Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Divas’by National Mission on Clean Ganga (NMCG)at twelve locations situated on the banks of River Ganga?
1.April 28, 2017
2.April 29, 2017
3.April 30, 2017
4.May 1, 2017
5.May 2, 2017
Answer – 5.May 2, 2017
May 2, 2017 was observed as Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Divas by National Mission on Clean Ganga (NMCG) at twelve locations: Kanpur, Bithoor, Allahabad, Devprayag, Varanasi, Patna, Bhagalpur, Kolkata, Raj Ghat (Hardoi), Sahibganj, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), and Vidhur Kuti (Bijnor).