Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- India held the First Maritime Security Dialogue with which country in order to make the defence Co-operation with one another?
D.United StatesAnswer – D.United States
In order to promote the partnership in the Maritime Field, India and US made the successful first round of discussion under the Maritime Security Dialogue held in New Delhi.
- Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code of 1973 had been deployed in which city as a result protesters will not be allowed to enter into the city?
D.MumbaiAnswer – B.Chandigarh
The vicinity around the residences of the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal in Sector 2 was sealed with barricades. This protest by the AAP party is against the alleged Rs 12,000-crore missing food grain scam in Punjab, rampant corruption and failure of the Punjab government to curb the drugs racket.
- Maharashtra Ex-servicemen’s Corporation has launched the__________, an initiative aims to color up a vacation with narratives of real-life dare-devilry and heroism
D.Jal YatraAnswer – A.Veer Yatra
Veer Yatra is for civilians provide a peek into the lives of the country’s defence forces, also focusing on areas of historic importance. It also targets to provide employment to 1,000 ex-servicemen and war widows over the next year.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries organized a day-long national conference on which topic?
D.SambathAnswer – A.Kowshal
During the conference on Gaushalas –cowsheds, Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar underlined that villages were traditionally planned in such a manner that there were facilities for human beings and fodder for animals.
- Which State government has launched a scheme named Green Passage for Orphan students to promote higher studies for the students?
D.Uttar PradeshAnswer – C.Odisha
The Odisha government has coined a special scheme named Green Passage for orphan students. This proposed scheme will function under the Higher Education Department.
- Reserve Bank of India authorized how many banks to accept payments of Income Tax dues to make sophistication in payment of dues?
D.19Answer – C.29
Totally 29 agency banks are authorised to accept payments of Income Tax dues Which includes State run lenders as well as Private players
- Which bank introduced the Twitter Resume campaign to find prospective employees and the service will help in applying for a new job as simple as tweet?
D.HSBCAnswer – B.IDFC
Mumbai based IDFC Bank has launched Twitter campaign dubbed #IDFCTwitterResume which will help in applying for a new job as simple as sending out a tweet.
- Singapore based DBS bank has decided to set up its biggest technology hub in which city to focus on technology?
D.BengaluruAnswer – C.Hyderabad
Singapore-based DBS Bank has decided to set up its biggest technology hub outside its headquarters in Hyderabad. The company plans to hire about 1,500 people over the next two years.
- Bengaluru based Nudge Foundation inked with which trusts entered into a strategic partnership to alleviate poverty through Innovation and Capacity building?
D.RelianceAnswer – C.Tata
Tata Trusts and Bangalore-based non-profit Nudge Foundation entered into a strategic partnership to help alleviate poverty through product innovation and capacity building.
- Who has won the prestigious Award for Novelist named Man Booker International Prize for the year 2016?
D.Han MongAnswer – B.Han Kang
South Korean Novelist Han Kang has been awarded the Man Booker International Prize for his Novel “The Vegetarian”
deals with a woman’s rejection of Human Brutality and giving up of eating meat.
- Who has won the National Medal of Science award from US President Barack Obama for his contribution in engineering field?
A.Rakesh K Jain
D.Mukul K JainAnswer – A.Rakesh K Jain
A 65 year old India American Scientist Rakesh K Jain has been honored with US Prestigious “National Medal of Science” from the US President Obama.
- Indian American boy Syamatak Payra won the Young Scientist Award honored by which foundation for developing a low cost electronically – aided knee brace?
D.IntelAnswer – D.Intel
Indian-American boy Syamantak Payra has won the prestigious Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award for developing a low-cost electronically-aided knee brace that enables a person with a weakened leg to walk.
- Harry Potter series Author JK Rowling has been honored with the highest civilian honor of which country?
D.SingaporeAnswer – C.France
Eminent Harry Potter Series Author JK Rowling has been honored with the highest French civilian honour French Legion of Honour.
- Who has been appointed as first Woman Senior Superintendent of Police of Lucknow and making her the first ever woman district police chief in the Capital?
D.Manju SainiAnswer – C.Manzil Saini
Uttar Pradesh government has appointed Manzil Saini as the new Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of state capital Lucknow. Saini will fill the shoes of Rajesh Pandey who has been attached to the DGP office.
- NASA has launched a 532,000 cubic metres sized super pressure balloon from which country to conduct near-space scientific investigations?
D.New ZealandAnswer – D.New Zealand
NASA has successfully launched a 532,000 cubic metres sized super pressure balloon from New Zealand’s South Island Wanaka Airport to conduct near-space scientific investigations. The aim is for it remain airborne for more than 100 days.
- The Income Tax department has launched electronic grievance redressal portal called _________to clear tax payers grievances and complaints in fast track route?
D.e-PortalAnswer – B.e-nivaran
The Income Tax department has launched electronic grievance redressal portal called ‘e-nivaran’ to clear tax payers grievances and ensure early resolution of their complaints in fast track route.
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is being observed on which date on every year?
A.16th May 2016
B.17th May 2016
C.18th May 2016
D.19th May 2016Answer – B.17th May 2016
May 17, 2016 is observed as World Telecommunication and Information Society Day, The International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia and World Hypertension Day