AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 15 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 15, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Narmada Seva Mission’ at the concluding ceremony of the ‘Namami Devi Narmade Sewa Yatra’ in ____________ district of Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 2.Anuppur District
On May 15, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Narmada Seva Mission’, which enlists steps to be taken for the conservation of the Narmada River in Madhya Pradesh. PM Modi launched this mission document at the concluding ceremony of the ‘Namami Devi Narmade Sewa Yatra’ at Amarkantak in Anuppur district of Madhya Pradesh. Amarkantak is the origin place of River Narmada.
- Which State Govt. has formed ‘Maa’ committee to keep a check on the quality of mid-day meal being served in primary schools?
Answer – 1.Uttar Pradesh
In view of a number of complaints related to quality of mid-day meal being served in primary schools, Uttar Pradesh State Government has formed ‘Maa’ committee in every school. It will be a committee of six mothers, from all sections of society, whose students are studying in that school. From cleanliness in kitchen, to quality of food being served to children, they will keep an eye on minute details.
- The Central Govt. will soon begin work on a Rs. ______crore project to provide road connectivity to 44 Naxal-affected districts
1.Rs. 5000 crore
2.Rs. 7000 crore
3.Rs. 9000 crore
4.Rs. 11000 crore
5.Rs. 13000 crore
Answer – 4.Rs.11000 crore
The project will be implemented under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana in districts that are critical from a security and communication point of view. Five per cent of the total project cost i.e. Rs. 550 crore will be kept aside for administrative expenses including for deployment of security forces at strategic locations.
- On May 15, 2017, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the two-day second meeting of National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) in:
Answer – 5.New Delhi
The theme of the Second meeting of NPDRR was “Disaster Risk Reduction for Sustainable Development: Making India resilient by 2030”. The Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju and Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Dr. P. K. Mishra were also present on the occasion.
- Indian Railways will install about ______high definition CCTV cameras at 983 stations across the country to strengthen the security of passengers including women at rail premises.
1.19,000 high definition CCTV cameras
2. 20,000 high definition CCTV cameras
3. 21,000 high definition CCTV cameras
4. 22,000 high definition CCTV cameras
5. 23,000 high definition CCTV cameras
Answer – 1.19,000 high definition CCTV cameras
Amount of Rs. 500 crore from Nirbhaya Fund has been approved for this project. The CCTV cameras will be installed on platforms and waiting areas. The footage of CCTV cameras will be continuously monitored by trained Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel. Station master will also have access to CCTV camera footage.
- India boycotted the two-day conference on China’s OBOR initiative, which was held in Beijing on 14th and 15th May 2017. Abbreviation OBOR stands for:
1.”One Border One Road”
2.”One Belt One Road”
3. “One Belt One Region”
4. “One Border One Region”
5. “One Base One Road”
Answer – 2.”One Belt One Road”
The boycott by India is a diplomatic retaliation to China’s action of blocking India’s membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) and blocking UN sanctions on Pakistan-based terrorist Masood Azhar.
- As per latest Economic Outlook Survey by _______, Indian Economy is expected to grow at 7.4% for the fiscal year 2017-18
1.Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
2.Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM)
3.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
4.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
5.New Development Bank (NDB)
Answer – 3.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
The survey highlighted that strong macroeconomic fundamentals of Indian economy helped in absorbing the impact of sudden demonetization move. Economists participating in the survey were hopeful that on completion of remonetisation process, the consumption patterns will be restored.
- Who among the following has been conferred with the first Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Lifetime Achievement Honour in Public Service by President Pranab Mukherjee?
1.Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani
2.Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
3.Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
4.Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das
5.Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling
Answer – 5.Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling
The award was conferred during the first Bhairon Singh Shekhawat memorial lecture delivered by the President. Chamling was first elected to power in 1994 and has continued to be Chief Minister of Sikkim for 22 years.
- The 112 feet tall ‘Adiyogi’ Lord Shiva steel statue situated in _______ at the Isha Yoga Centre, has been declared the world’s largest bust by the Guinness Books of World Records
Answer – 1.Coimbatore
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had unveiled the statue in February 2017. It took thirty months to design and eight months to erect this statue. The face of Adiyogi, set up by the Isha Foundation led by spiritual guru Jaggi Vasudev, attracts thousands of people every day.
- ___________, a 44-year-old Nepalese mountaineer has broken her own world record for the most Everest summits by a woman after scaling the world’s tallest peak for the eighth time.
Answer – 2.Lhakpa Sherpa
Lhakpa Sherpa, the mother of three, conquered Mt Everest for the eighth time from Tibetan side. Without having any formal training on mountain climbing, Lhakpa, who grew up with 11 siblings, first climbed Mt Everest from Nepal side in 2000. She wants to climb Mt Everest for 10 times.
- Which among the following has been crowned world’s busiest single-runway airport with 1 flight in 65 seconds?
1.New Delhi Airport
Answer – 2.Mumbai Airport
GVK group-run Mumbai airport has been crowned the world’s busiest among the single-runway facilities as it overtakes London’s Gatwick airport, which handles 757 flights a day. The airport operator and Mumbai air traffic controller (ATC) handle one of the difficult jobs in the world, as every 65 seconds an aircraft either takes off or touches down at the airport, that is, around 837 flights a day.
- India won how many medals at Asian Wrestling Championship, which concluded on May 14, 2017 in New Delhi?
Answer – 4.10 medals
Indian wrestlers bagged total 10 medals (1 Gold, 5 Silver and 4 Bronze) at Asian Wrestling Championship, which concluded on May 14, 2017 in New Delhi. This marks an improvement as compared to 9 medals won by India in previous edition of this Championship in Bangkok.
- Who among the following became the first Indian to win a race in the GP3 Series in Barcelona, Spain?
Answer – 1.Arjun Maini
Arjun Maini drives for Jenzer Motorsports and is supported by JK Racing and TVS. Following this win, Arjun moved to third place in the driver’s championship standings. Nirei Fukuzumi of Japan is at the first place.
- On May 14, 2017, which tennis player beat Dominic Thiem to win Mutua Madrid Open at La Caja Mágica in Madrid, Spain?
Answer – 2.Rafael Nadal
This is Nadal’s fifth Mutua Madrid Open title win and 30th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown. Rafael now stands with Novak Djokovic in lead position with 30 Masters 1000 Titles.
- Which Indian company will be the prime sponsor of the New Zealand cricket team in the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy that starts on June 1, 2017 in England?
Answer – 3.Amul
New Zealand team is in the same group with Australia, England and Bangladesh in the Champion’s trophy. New Zealand Cricketers would sport a new jersey with the Amul logo on its chest during the tournament.
- Which Formula 1 racing driver recently won Spanish Grand Prix?
Answer – 4.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton has won Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix. It is Hamilton’s 55th career win and second win of the season. Runner-up of Spanish Grand Prix is Sebastian Vettel.
- Subrahmanyan Ramaswamy, who passed away on May 15, 2017, was the former Chief Minister of:
Answer – 3.Puducherry
Ramaswamy began his political career in DMK from student days. He was Home Minister in the DMK-CPI coalition ministry from 1969 to 1973. He shifted his allegiance to the AIADMK in 1973. He became Chief Minister in 1974 heading the AIADMK-CPI coalition ministry for a brief period.
- Rammohan Rao, who passed away on May 13, 2017, was the former:
1.Principal Information Officer
2.Chief Election Commissioner
3.Solicitor General of India
4.Attorney General of India
5.Central Vigilance Commissioner
Answer – Answer – 1.Principal Information Officer (PIO)
Rammohan Rao, former Principal Information Officer (PIO) who had served as a media adviser to four prime ministers, passed away at the age of 83. Hailing from Karnataka’s South Canara district, Rao started his career with the Information Service in the 50s.
- Book ‘India’s Indira- a Centennial Tribute’ has been edited by:
Answer – Answer – 1.Anand Sharma
‘India’s Indira- a Centennial Tribute’ has been edited by Anand Sharma, a senior Congress leader. The book was launched on 13th of May to commemorate the birth centenary celebrations of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘International Day of Families’ observed on May 15, 2017?
1.“Families, healthy lives and sustainable future”
2.”Ensuring work family balance”
3.”Families, education and well-being”
4.”The impact of migration on families around the world”
5. “Families for all ages”
Answer – Answer – 3.’Families, education and well-being’
The International Day of Families is observed on the 15th of May every year. The Day highlights the importance of all caregivers in families, be it parents, grandparents or siblings and the importance of parental education for the welfare of children. It focuses on good practices for work-family balance to assist parents in their educational and care giving roles.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.