AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 13 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 12, 2018, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister ____ and UAE Minister of State & Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) Group CEO Dr. Sultan Al Jaber flagged off first consignment of 2 million barrels of ADNOC crude for India?
3.Narendra Singh Tomar
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dharmendra Pradhan
In February 2018, during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to UAE, an agreement was signed between Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Ltd (ISPRL) and ADNOC of UAE, under which ADNOC will store about 5.86 million barrels of crude oil in India’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facility at Mangalore at its own cost. It is to be noted that ISPRL has built 39 million barrels strategic crude oil storage facility at three locations in India viz. Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Mangalore (Karnataka) and Padur (Kerala). As per the ISPR-ADNOC agreement, ADNOC can sell part of the crude oil stored, to Indian refineries on commercial basis and a certain portion of the storage will be for exclusive use of the Indian government.
- Which ministry will set up a dedicated web portal for spreading information on filming locations and production facilities available in India?
1.Ministry of Tourism
2.Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3.Ministry of Science and Technology
4.Ministry of External Affairs
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
The portal will be of great help to production companies looking to shoot in India to obtain permissions and explore locations in India. It will aid in acceptance of the application for shooting feature films, TV and web reality shows, along with the online payments. It will offer information on locations and link to all state portals. It will capture detailed information related to a particular location, resources or facilities available in a standard format.
- On 12th May 2018, J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare chaired a high level meeting to review the preparedness of various agencies for prevention and management of vector borne diseases, in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
J P Nadda asked the agencies to develop a separate registry for cases originating and being treated in Delhi. He said to focus on active case finding for source identification and reduction of vectors and transmission. He added that there should be no shortage of diagnostic kits, drugs, testing labs, manpower and funds. He highlighted the importance of conducting focused and intensive IEC (Information, Education & Communication) campaigns and continuing them through the monsoon season.
- In a bid to attract more Buddhist tourists from across the world, Central Government has decided to expand Buddhist tourism circuit to how many more states?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.21
Buddhist Circuit is among the thirteen thematic circuits under central Government’s Swadesh Darshan Scheme. As per earlier plan, it comprised only seven major Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. However, now the circuit will be expanded as Union Ministry of Tourism has identified stupas and viharas in 21 states, around which small intra-state Buddhist zones will be developed. Some of these states are Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Goa, Gujarat and Jammu & Kashmir. Among these states, most noteworthy is the plan to create a Buddhist theme park in Madhya Pradesh, which will have light and sound show, interpretation centre, wayside amenities and sanitation facilities.
- On 13th May 2018, Chief of Army Staff of India, ____ arrived at Colombo on a five-day visit to Sri Lanka?
1.General Birender Singh Dhanoa
2.General Bipin Rawat
3.General Sunil Lamba
4.General Anurag Kashyap
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bipin Rawat
As a part of his visit, Bipin Rawat will meet the Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Ranil Wickremsinghe. He will also conduct a meeting with the military heads of Sri Lanka. Issues of mutual interest and ways to strengthen military cooperation between India and Sri Lanka will be discussed. Bipin Rawat will inaugurate a communications lab set up near Kandy with the assistance of Indian army. He will visit military establishments in Trincomalee and Diyatalawa. He will also visit some Sri Lankan military establishments outside Colombo.
- What is the name of the parliamentary panel of 30 members that has been constituted under the chairmanship of Mr.MuraliManohar Joshi?
1.Continuous Economy committee
2.Economical Evaluation Committee
4.Both 2 and 3
5.Both 1 and 3Answer – 5.Both 1 and 3
On 10th May 2018, a parliamentary panel of 30 membersestimate Committeealso known as Continuous Economy committee has been constituted by the speaker of parliament . Veteran BJP leader Mr.MuraliManohar Joshi has been appointed as the chairman of this committee. This committee will focus on the black money and the unaccounted money that was legaitimised during the demonetization period as per RBI’s report. Also it will look into the performance of public sector bank, import of uranium ,preparedness of Indian armed forces, environment and mining activities, among other things related to various ministries in the year 2018-2019.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepal Prime Minister K P Oli jointly inaugurated a direct bus service between Janakpur (in Dhanusa District of Nepal) and ____ in Uttar Pradesh?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ayodhya
Both, Janakpur and Ayodhya are two sacred cities for Hindus. The bus was flagged-off by PM Modi after visiting and offering special prayers at the famed 20th century Janaki temple, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Sita. Janakpur is known as the birth place of Sita (the wife of Hindu Lord Rama). Janaki temple was built in memory of Sita in 1910. The bus service is a part of Nepal-India Ramayana Circuit launched by both the PMs to further strengthen the close religious and cultural ties between the two countries and peoples.
- On 13th May 2018, which country’s first domestically developed aircraft carrier began sea trials as it started off from a shipyard of Dalian Shipbuilding Industry in Liaoning province?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.China
The aircraft carrier has not been named yet. It is a 50,000-metric tonne vessel. It started off from a shipyard of Dalian Shipbuilding Industry in Liaoning province. This vessel will become China’s second aircraft carrier. China commissioned its first carrier the Liaoning in 2012. This trial aims to demonstrate the reliability and capability of the ship’s propulsion systems. The carrier was launched in 2017. It has been undergoing fitting of weapons and other systems. It has not yet entered service. The new vessel will focus on conducting combat-ready patrols and safeguarding China’s maritime sovereignty and interests.
- Which payments bank has recently launched a digital services suite consisting of BPay app, Unified Payment Interface (UPI), BHIM app, net banking facility, a Digi Savings Account and FasTag?
1.Airtel Payments Bank
2.Jio Payments Bank
3.Fino Payments Bank
4.India Post Payment Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Fino Payments Bank
The suite includes BPay app, which was launched in September 2017 for digital transition of customers from assisted to self-service mode. In addition to BPay, the suite includes Unified Payment Interface (UPI) , BHIM app, which has proved to be a game changer in peer-to-peer and merchant payments. The suite also includes net banking facility, a Digi Savings Account which can be opened online only by providing Aadhaar number and PAN card and FasTag to make digital payments at national highway toll plazas.
- Which bank has announced that Reserve Bank of India has restricted it from taking fresh credit exposure and recruiting new staff?
2.Bank of India
4.Central Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Dena Bank
It is to be noted that RBI initiated prompt corrective action against Dena Bank and imposed certain restrictions in May 2017 owing to high net non performing assets (NPA) and negative Return on Assets. The fresh restriction has been imposed in wake of deteriorated financial performance for the 4th quarter of 2017-18. For fourth quarter ended March 31, 2018, Dena Bank reported a net loss of Rs 1225 crore, which is much wider than the net loss of Rs 575 crore recorded in the same quarter last year. In addition to this, for the financial year 2017-18, Dena Bank recorded a net loss of Rs 1924 crore marking a third consecutive year of net loss.
- As per the report RemitSCOPE – Remittance markets and opportunities- Asia and the Pacific, India was the largest remittance-receiving country in the world, with migrant workers from India sending home ____ in 2017?
1.USD 230 billion
2.USD 69 billion
3.USD 23 billion
4.USD 88 billion
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.USD 69 billion
It states that remittances to the Asia-Pacific region amounted to US 256 billion in 2017. The report was released by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). Pakistan (USD 20 billion), and Vietnam (USD 14 billion) have also featured in the top 10. Nearly 70 % of remittances sent to Asia and the Pacific are from outside the region especially from the Gulf States (32 %), North America (26 %) and Europe (12 %).Nearly USD 6 trillion in remittances are expected to be sent to developing countries by 2030. More than half of these remittances will be sent to the Asia Pacific regions, mainly to small towns and villages. These remittances represent 53 % of flows worldwide, with a growth of 4.87 per cent since 2008.
- On 12th May 2018, which singer was presented the Swara Mouli title by spiritual guru Vidya Narsimha Bharati Swami in Mumbai?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lata Mangeshkar
Lata Mangeshkar is 88 years old. She received the Bharat Ratna award in 2001. She has also received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award. Her sisters Asha Bhosle and Usha Mangeshkar and brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar were also present at the occasion.
- Name the NASA programme which cost $10 million per year to track carbon and methane that was cancelled on 10th May 2018?
1.Carbon Monitoring System
2.Carbon & Methane Control System
3.Green House Control System
4.Green House Emission Control
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Carbon Monitoring System
The Carbon Monitoring System (CMS) programme tracked sources and sinks for carbon and developed high-resolution models of earth’s flows of carbon. NASA said that, United States has cancelled the CMS project due to budget constraints and higher priorities within the science budget.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced that Madhya Pradesh will be declared as open defecation free (ODF) by ___?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.October 2018
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced that the State will be declared as open defecation free (ODF) by Gandhi Jayanti this year. This will mean that the State will become ODF one year before the national timeline of October 2nd, 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Gugamal National Park located?Maharashtra
- What is the Tag line of Bank of India?Relationships beyond Banking
- Name the executive director and headquarters of Dena Bank?Current Executive Director – Ramesh Singh; Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who is the CEO of Fino Payments Bank?Rishi Gupta
- Where is Biju Patnaik International Airport located?Bhubaneswar, Odisha