AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 12 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- As per ‘2016 India Exclusion Report (IXR) ’, Dalits, Adivasis and Muslims continue to be the worst-hit communities in terms of exclusion from access to public goods. This report has been released by:
1.Centre for Social Studies
2.Centre for Equity Studies
3.Social Justice Centre
5.Centre for Exclusion Studies
Answer –2.Centre for Equity Studies
The report has observed that Dalits, Adivasis, Muslims, and persons with disabilities and age-related vulnerabilities are the groups which have consistently been most prone to exclusion from any developments and advancements.
- Army has decided to re-introduce CASO as a permanent feature of its campaign against militants in Kashmir. Abbreviation CASO stands for:
1.Cordon and Search Operations
2.Cordon and Seize Operations
3.Capture and Search Operations
4.Capture and Seize Operations
5.Cordon and Surveillance Operations
Answer – 1.Cordon and Search Operations
Army sources said, CASO will be carried out in a major way in militancy-hit areas of Kulgam, Pulwama, Tral, Budgam and Shopian in south Kashmir. The Army had discontinued CASO following stiff opposition from the local population and after 2001 launched cordon and search operations only on specific intelligence-based inputs.
- Election Commission of India has launched National Contact Centre with a toll-free No., on which any citizen can call for query or complaint. Who is the current Chief Election Commissioner of India?
2.S Y Quraishi
3.V S Sampath
Answer – 5.Nasim Zaidi
The National Contact Centre is operated on a National Grievance Redressal System Software. Callers can enquire on subjects such as elections, voting dates, electoral roll, online registration etc. and can lodge a complaint by simply dialling in to the toll free no. 1800111950.
- Which city will host biggest ever International Yoga Day event on the June 21, 2017?
Answer – 5.Ahmedabad
This announcement has been made by Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev. About 5 lakh people will participate in the event. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will inaugurate the event on the first day. BJP President Amit Shah will remain present at the concluding ceremony.
- Which among the following has become the first state to introduce a logo for vehicles driven by persons with hearing impairment?
Answer – 1.Telangana
The logo was designed by a Hyderabad-based man, who is also the first person to obtain a driving license in the ‘hearing impaired’ category. The Centre had earlier allowed the grant of licenses to hearing impaired persons if they passed regular driving tests.
- Who among the following was NOT a part of the five-member Supreme Court bench which heard final arguments on the constitutional validity oftriple talaq?
1.CJI J S Khehar
2.Justice Kurian Joseph
3.Justice Aspy Pestonji
4.Justice U U Lalit
5.Justice Abdul Nazeer
Answer – 3.Justice Aspy Palkhiwala
A Supreme Court Bench having a unique combination of five Supreme Court judges belonging to different faiths heard final arguments on the constitutional validity of triple talaq. The five Judges were CJI J S Khehar (Sikh) and Justices Kurian Joseph (Christian), R F Nariman (Parsi), U U Lalit (Hindu) and Abdul Nazeer (Muslim).
- Who among the following has featured in Forbes Middle East annual ranking of the top 100 Indian Business Owners?
Answer – 3.Yusuff Ali
Owner of LuLu Hypermarket chain in Middle East, Yusuff Ali has featured in Forbes Middle East annual ranking of the top 100 Indian Business Owners, whereas Pepsico CEO, Asia, Middle East and Africa, Sanjeev Chadha has featured in Forbes Middle East annual ranking of Top 50 Indians in Executive Management.
- National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) has raised Rs. _____ crore through Masala Bondsat London Stock Exchange.
1.Rs. 1000 crore
2.Rs. 2000 crore
3.Rs. 3000 crore
4.Rs. 4000 crore
5.Rs. 5000 crore
Answer – 3.Rs. 3000 crore
The NHAI Masala Bonds issue was launched by Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari on May 11, 2017, in London. Funds raised through these Masala Bonds will be used for constructing roads and transport infrastructure in India.
- India has imposed retroactive anti-dumping duties on________ products effective for five years from August 8, 2016
Answer – 1.Steel ProductsExplanation :
India imposed retroactive anti-dumping duties on some steel products of foreign firms including POSCO and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp. The duties have been imposed on hot-rolled flat products of alloy or non alloy steel, originating in or exported from China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Brazil and Indonesia
- Which former Indian cricketer has been recently awarded an honorary life membership to the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?
Answer – 3.VVS Laxman
VVS Laxman had a highly successful career in which he played 134 Test matches and 86 One-Day Internationals. Known for numerous match-winning and match-saving innings, Laxman scored 8,781 Test runs at an average of 45.97, and over 2,338 One-Day International runs at an average of 30.76.
- Hubert Minnis has been elected as new Prime Minister of:
Answer – 3.Bahamas
Hubert Minnis of the Free National Movement (FNM) has been elected as the new Prime Minister of Bahamas, defeating Perry Christie’s Progressive Liberal Party. Minnis was campaigning on a platform for change, seeking to impose term limits on the Prime Minister and promote Bahamian ownership in the economy.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as the next ambassador to which European country?
Answer – 5.France
Seasoned diplomat Vinay Mohan Kwatra, currently a joint secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office, has been appointed as the next ambassador to France. A 1988-batch foreign service officer, Kwatra will succeed Mohan Kumar, who is retiring.
- Who among the following has been elected as the Chairman of FIFA Governance committee?
1.Justice Mukul Mudgal
2.Justice Avinadh Gaur
3.Justice Anath Parekh
4.Justice Vishwas Rao
5.Justice Manish Oswal
Answer – 1.Justice Mukul Mudgal
Justice Mudgal, who until now served as the Deputy Chairman of the committee after being appointed in May last year during the FIFA Congress in Mexico, will take the office for four years effective immediately.
- On May 11, 2017, India test fired ‘Spyder’ surface-to-air-missileat a test range in Odisha. What is the strike range of ‘Spyder’?
Answer – 1.15 km
‘Spyder’ defence system comprises two missiles – Surface-to-air PYthon and DERby. It has been acquired from Israel. It can strike enemy targets within a range of 15 km and at heights between 20-and-9,000 metres.
- On May 11, 2017, who among the following launched a mobile application for grievance redressal of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) personnel?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Defence Minister Arun Jaitley
5.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
Answer – 5.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
On May 11, 2017, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Home Ministry (MHA) mobile application for grievance redressal of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) personnel. This app has given a ‘Digital Option’ to jawans to lodge their grievances.
- Scientists using NASA telescopes have detected a primitive atmosphere composed almost entirely of hydrogen and helium on which distant planet?
Answer – 5.HAT-P-26b
The study, combining observations from NASA’s Hubble and Spitzer space telescopes, shows that the distant planet HAT- P-26b has a primitive atmosphere composed almost entirely of hydrogen and helium. Located about 437 light-years away, HAT-P-26b orbits a star roughly twice as old as our Sun.
- P R Ramasubrahaneya Rajha, who passed away on May 11, 2017, was the chairman of which business conglomerate?
1.Action Group of Companies
2.Amara Raja Group of Companies
3.Ramco Group of Companies
4.Escorts Group of Companies
5.Gitanjali Group of Companies
Answer – 3.Ramco Group of Companies
Leading industrialist P.R. Ramasubrahmaneya Rajha, Chairman, Ramco Group, passed away in Rajapalayam in Tamil Nadu on May 11, 2017. He was 81. He is survived by his wife R. Sudarsanam, two daughters and son P. R. Venketrama Raja.
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘International Nurses Day’ celebrated on May 12, 2017?
1.Nurses: A Force for Change: Improving health systems’ resilience
2.Nursing: A voice to lead – Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
3.Ensuring Safety of Nurses in War Zone
4.Nurses: A Force for Change: Care Effective, Cost Effective
5.Nurses: A Force for Change: A Vital Resource for Health
Answer – 2.Nursing: A voice to lead – Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
International Nurses Day (IND) is an international day celebrated around the world every year on 12 May (the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth), to mark the contributions nurses make to society. The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has celebrated this day since 1965.
- On May 12, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Florence Nightingale Awards to ______ nurses from across the country on the occasion of International Nurses Day.
Answer – 2.35 nurses
National Florence Nightingale Nurses Awards are given as a mark of recognition for the meritorious services rendered by the nurses and the nursing staff in the country. The award consists of Rs 50,000 cash, certificate and a medal.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will open an exclusive research centre in _________ for start-ups, academicians and entrepreneurs
Answer – 4.Hyderabad
ISRO Chairman A.S.Kiran Kumar said the centre will explore the possibility of developing products based on geospatial technology, which includes data generated through Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Satellite Remote Sensing.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.