Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which State Government approved the bicyle highway to promote Eco-Tourism that will surround the various historical and Tourism Spots?
Answer – A.Uttar Pradesh
State Government has approved the 200 Km Long bicycle highway from Agra to the Lion Safari in Etawah to promote Eco-Tourism in the surroundings of the Taj Mahal. Inaugurated by: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav
- The International Nurses Day is being observed in the remembrance of Florence Nightingale’s birthday on which day?
Answer – C.May 12
The International Nurses Day is celebrated all over the world on May 12 every year to commemorate English social reformer, statistician and the founder of modern nursing Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
- Congress Leader and Rajya Sabha MP passed away when he is 76 aged recently due to massive heart attack. Who is he?
Answer – A.Praveen Rashtrapal
Gujarat Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member Praveen Rashtrapal died after suffering a massive heart attack. He was an elected to the 13th Lok Sabha from 1999 to 2004. He was a member from the Upper House from April 2006 to April 2012.
- Who has joined the Olympic Goodwill Ambassadors list to represent the India which is to be held in Rio de Janeiro during the year 2016?
A.Shah Rukh Khan
Answer – D.AR Rahman
Oscar winning music Director A R Rahman will also to be the Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian Olympic contingent joining the earlier appointed ambassadors list.
- Who has been elected unanimously as International Cricket Council Chairman for the tenure of 2 years which was declared by Independent Audit Committee?
Answer – B.Shashank Manohar
Former Board of Control for Cricket in India president Shashank Manohar has been elected unanimously as the first Independent chairman of the International Cricket Council for two years.
- Chennai based company FPL has partnered with which company to launch off-grid solar products and to set up manufacturer in India?
Answer – B.Nokero
Chennai-based FPL has partnered with America based Nokero Solar Equipment maker to launch off-grid solar products and soon plans to manufacture in India. FPL currently makes engineering platsics while Nokero makes solar lights, phone chargers and is a specialist in solar energy-related products.
- The Major Banker ICICI launched the country’s 1st contactless credit card for which sector in association with Jet Airways?
C.Small, Medium Enterprise
Answer – C.Small, Medium Enterprise
India largest private sector bank ICICI in association with Jet Airways launched the country’s first ‘contactless’ credit cards for small and mid-sized enterprises and their employees.
- Delhi listed which rank in most polluted cities in World reported by WHO with worst air pollution?
Answer – B.11th
WHO reported that India is home to four of the five cities in the world with worst air pollution. Report stated that more than 7 million premature deaths occur every year due to air pollution, 3 million of them due to outdoor air quality. 4 most polluted cities out of top 5 – Gwalior, Allahabad, Patna, Raipur.
- Which University completed and celebrated 100 years of glorious existence which was opened in 1916?
A.Banaras Hindu University
B.Jawaharlal Nehru University
Answer – A.Banaras Hindu University
BHU completes its 100 years of glorious existence. Madan Mohan Malaviya founded Banaras Hindu University to help promote the sustainable development, growth and eradication of poverty, this outstanding institution of excellence has completed 100 years of its eventful journey.
- Which city host the three day Vichaar Mahakum International conference to discover the solutions to various national and global problems?
Answer – A.Ujjain, MP
RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat inaugurated the three 3-day Vichaar Mahakum international conference, during Simhastha Kumbh is underway in Ujjain, MP.
- Government inks MoU with NDTV Ethnic Retail Ltd. to popularize India’s which product at Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi?
Answer – C.Handloom
The Textile Ministry has signed a pact with NDTV Ethnic Retail Ltd for popularizing India Handloom textiles as a fashionable product for youth at Udyog Bhawan New Delhi.
- Which country planned to close world’s biggest refugee camp in Dadaab for national security which has over 330,000 refugees?
Answer – D.Kenya
The Kenyan government will close Dadaab refugee camp for national security which has over 330,000 refugees mostly Somali refugees, and send them back home or on to other countries.
- Which mammal is adopted as National Mammmal of United states, signed by President Barack Obama?
Answer – C.Bison
President Barack Obama has signed to make US bison as its national mammal. However the bald eagle will continue to enjoy the position of the national animal of the US.
- Who has been elected as 2016 Texas Elementary Teacher of the year and awarded in White House by US president?
Answer – B.Revathi Balakrishnan
Indian Born American woman Elementary teacher Revathi Balakrishnan honoured by US President Barack Obama for her contribution work in the Education.
- Who has been named as NBA’s Most Valuable Player for second straight year?
Answer – C.Stephen Curry
Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry was named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for the second straight year he is set be the 11th person to win consecutive MVP awards.