Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 1 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following foreign dignitary was on an official visit to India from 25-30 April, 2017?
1.Tshering Tobgay, Prime Minister of Bhutan
2.Ranil Wickremesinghe, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka
3.Abdulla Yameen, President of Maldives
4.Ashraf Ghani, President of Afghanistan
5.Shinzō Abe, Prime Minister of Japan
Answer – 2.Ranil Wickremesinghe, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka
Ranil Wickremesinghe, the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka was on an official visit to India from 25-30 April, 2017. He is the third leader from South Asian region to visit India during April 2017. Earlier, Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina (from 7th – 10th April) and President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari (from 17th – 21st April) visited India.
- Nicos Anastasiades, who was on an official visit to India in April 2017, is the President of:
Answer – 1.Cyprus
Nicos Anastasiades, the President of Cyprus was on an official visit to India from 25-30 April 2017. He held delegation level talks with Indian President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a commemorative stamp on the________birth anniversary of Saint Ramanujacharya on May 1, 2017 in New Delhi
Answer – 3.1000th
The central message of Saint Ramanujacharya’s life was inclusive society, religion and philosophy. Ramanujacharya saw manifestation of God in human beings and saw all devotees of God as equal.
- Which Union Ministry is observing Swachhta Pakhwada from May 1 to 15, 2017?
1.Union Ministry of Finance
2.Union Ministry of External Affairs
3.Union Ministry of Home Affairs
4.Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5.Union Ministry of Textiles
Answer – 5.Union Ministry of Textiles
The fortnight-long observance of programmes is to spread the message of cleanliness. It was inaugurated by the Minister of State, Textiles, Shri Ajay Tamta, in Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi. The Minister administered the Swachhta Pledge to the officers and staff of the Ministry.
- Which state became first Indian state to use Automated Weather Stations?
Answer – 2.Maharashtra
Maharashtra Chief Minister, Devendra Fadnavis has inaugurated the state’s first automatic weather station at Dongargaon in Nagpur. The state government will install 2,065 weather stations across the state on a public private partnership (PPP) mode in 2017 and 1000 in next year.
- India will give Rs. _______crore to children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh in the next five years under the new ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme
1.Rs. 15 crore
2.Rs. 25 crore
3.Rs. 35 crore
4.Rs. 45 crore
5.Rs. 55 crore
Answer – 3.Rs.35 crore
India initiated the Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme in 2006 for descendants of the 1971 Freedom Fighters. Until now, more than 10,000 scholarships worth Taka 150 million have been disbursed. This year, scholarships have been awarded to 600 undergraduate students.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has finalised norms for issuance and listing of ________ bonds, which will help in raising funds from capital markets for investment in the renewable energy space.
Answer –3.Green Bonds
The rules have been finalised by the SEBI after taking into account inputs from the Finance and Environment ministries, as also from the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. A green bond is a debt instrument issued by an entity for raising funds from investors.
- Which company has announced a new “Solve for India” initiative that aims to expand and energise the start-up ecosystem in tier II cities across India?
Answer – 5.Google
The campaign will mentor and inspire upcoming entrepreneurs and startups in emerging cities like Pune, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kochi, Indore, Nagpur, Nashik, Madurai, Kanpur and Chennai. Entrepreneurs will get an opportunity to learn directly from Google engineers.
- Who among the following has been chosen for the prestigious Indian National Science Academy (INSA) medal for the Young Scientist Award for the year 2017?
Answer – 1.Sanjay Pratihar
Dr. Sanjay Pratihar of Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, has been awarded the prestigious Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Medal for Young Scientist Award for the year 2017, for his excellent contribution to multi-metal complexes, theoretical understanding, selective sensing of Hq2+ions and important applications in agriculture.
- Who among the following will take over as new president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
Answer – 3.Shobana Kamineni
Shobana Kamineni, the Executive Vice Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (AHEL), will take over as new President of CII from Naushad Forbes co-Chairman Forbes Marshall. She is also vice-chairperson of the KEI Group, a diversified logistics, leisure & infrastructure business.
- Which fruit has been used by Scientists at IIT Roorkee to create inexpensive and more efficient solar cells?
Answer – 5.Jamun
Researchers used naturally occurring pigment found in jamun as an inexpensive photosensitiser for Dye Sensitised Solar Cells (DSSCs) or Gratzel cells. Gratzel cells are thin film solar cells composed of a porous layer of titanium dioxide (TiO2) coated photoanode, a layer of dye molecules that absorbs sunlight, an electrolyte for regenerating the dye, and a cathode.
- Which technology will be used by Indian Railways for tracking of wagons, coaches and locomotives to ensure effective and transparent functioning?
1.speed-frequency identification tags
2.geo-frequency identification tags
3.sound-frequency identification tags
4.light –frequency identification tags
5.radio-frequency identification tags
Answer – 5.radio-frequency identification tags
The Indian Railways will use radio-frequency identification tags (RFID) for tracking of wagons, coaches and locomotives to ensure effective and transparent functioning. There are about 2.25 lakh wagons, 50,000 coaches and 9,000 locomotives in the railways. Railways have sanctioned Rs 57 crore for the first phase of rollout of the system.
- On May 1, 2017 SpaceX launched ___________rocket carrying NROL-76, a classified payload for the US National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
Answer – 2.Falcon 9
SpaceX Falcon 9 Full Thrust rocket carrying NROL-76, a classified payload for the US National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), was launched into orbit on May 1, 2017, from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida. The rocket’s cargo was reportedly landed into low Earth orbit (LEO) which has an altitude of approximately 99 miles (160 kilometres) to 1,200 miles (2,000 kilometres).
- Which tennis player has won the Barcelona Open title for a record 10th time?
Answer – 2.Rafael Nadal
On April 30, 2017, Spanish professional tennis player, Rafael Nadal beat Dominic Thiem of Austria in the final to win the Barcelona Open for a record 10th time. This victory also marked Nadal’s 71st tournament win in his career.
- Which F1 racer has won this year’s Russian Grand Prix?
Answer – 3.Valtteri Bottas
Mercedes’ Finnish driver, Valtteri Bottas claimed his first Formula 1 victory, taking the flag at the Russian Grand Prix after a close chase from Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, who finished at second position.
- Who among the following became the first Indian to clinch the Asian Squash title by winning the finals of of 19thAsian Squash Championshipin Chennai?
Answer – 5.Joshna Chinappa
On April 30, 2017, Joshna Chinappa created history by becoming the first Indian to clinch the Asian Squash title with a thrilling win over compatriot Dipika Pallikal Karthik in the women’s final held in Chennai, India. The title match lasted for 78 minutes.
- Which football club created history by becoming the first club from North-East India to win the I-League title?
Answer – 5.Aizawl FC
On April 30, 2017, Aizawl FC, a small team from Mizoram, created history by becoming the first club from north-east to win the I-League title. In the run up to the title last week, Aizawl FC had beaten Mohun Bagan by 1-0 and were three points ahead of Bagan on the points table. To win the title, Aizawl FC required a win or a 1-1 draw against Shillong Lajong.
- Every year, ‘International Labour Day’ is celebrated on:
Answer – 5.1st May
International Labour Day is a celebration of labourers and the working classes that is promoted by the international labour movement, socialists and communists. 1st May was chosen for International Labour Day by the Second International, a pan-national organization of socialist and communist political parties, to commemorate the Haymarket affair, which occurred in Chicago on 4 May 1886.
Thanks for choosing Affairs Cloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.