AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 9 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which of the following ordinance is approved by president Ram Nath Govind to restore 200 point roster system for faculty recruitment ?
1) Government of India Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teacher’s Cadre) Ordinance 2019
2) Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teacher’s Cadre) Ordinance 2019
3) Central Educational Institutions (Employment in Teacher’s Cadre) Ordinance 2019
4) Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teacher’s Cadre) Ordinance 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teacher’s Cadre) Ordinance 2019
President Ram Nath Kovind approved Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teacher’s Cadre) Ordinance 2019 which will restore 200-point roster system for faculty recruitment.The decision will allow filling up of more than 5000 vacancies by direct recruitment in Teachers’ cadre duly ensuring that the Constitutional provisions of Articles 14, 16 and 21 are complied with and reservation criteria for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Socially and Economically backward classes are met with.It is expected to improve the teaching standards in the higher educational institutions to attract all eligible talented candidates.
- Who was the head of 5-member committee to examine issues related to framing of a proper and structured scheme for providing of insurance cover to the advocates?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Neil Buckley
3) Alok Srivastava
4) Jane Martin
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Alok Srivastava
A 5-member committee to examine issues related to framing of a proper and structured scheme for providing of insurance cover to the advocates and to suggest modalities for the implementation of such a scheme has been set up by the Union Minister for Law & Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad under the chairmanship of Secretary Legal Affairs, Dr Alok Srivastava.Other members of the committee will include a senior representative from the Department of Financial Services and representative of the Department of legal affairs. The committee will also have one representative each from Bar Council of India and State Bar Councils.The committee has to submit its reports within 3 months.The committee shall also suggest the modalities of administration of the insurance scheme under a high powered body with adequate representatives of all stakeholders.
- Name the country which has signed a deal to lease Chakra III, a nuclear – powered attack submarine for Indian Army worth USD 3 billion for a period of 10 years.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Russia
On 7th March 2019, India entered into a deal with Russia for leasing of a nuclear – powered attack submarine for Indian Navy worth USD 3 billion for a period of 10 years. Under the pact, Russia will deliver Chakra III, a Akula class submarine to the Indian Navy by 2025. It will be the 3rd Russian submarine to be leased to Indian Navy.India earlier leased christened INS Chakra which is the first Russian nuclear powered submarine in 1988 under a 3 year lease. The second lease was INS Chakra in 2012 for a period of 10 years.The lease period as per the agreement for Chakra II will expire in 2022 and the Indian government is looking at extending the lease period.
- Where was the first Space Dialogue between India and Japan held?
1) West Bengal
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On 8th March 2019, India and Japan organised a joint space dialogue in New Delhi. It aimed at providing a platform for both the countries to explore ways to enhance cooperation between the space agencies of both the nations.Indra Mani Pandey, Additional Secretary for Disarmament and International Security Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs headed the Indian delegation while Kansuke Nagaoka, Deputy Assistant Minister, Foreign Policy Bureau, and Shuzo Takada, Director General, National Space Policy Secretariat jointly led the Japanese delegation.Topics discussed during the event were: collaboration between Japanese Exploration Space Agency (JAXA) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), global navigation satellite systems, space situational awareness (SSA), norms related to space security, etc.
- Name the scheme launched by Maharashtra state government for construction workers,which will provide good quality food at a highly subsidised rate?
1) Punjabrao Deshmukh Scheme
2) Deendayal Upadhay Swayam Yojana
3) Atal Aahar Yojna
4) Krishi Gurukul Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Atal Aahar Yojna
On 7th March 2019, Maharashtra government launched a special scheme ‘Atal Aahar Yojna’ for construction workers in the state which will provide good quality food at a highly subsidised rate. The target is set to cover 20000 workers and provide them with good quality food at a nominal cost of Rs.5 is the first phase of the scheme.The government is already providing a Subsidy of Rs.4.5 lakh to labourers for house construction and is planning to provide help in education, income and health as well.Maharashtra government also launched Shramev Jayate Yojana under which a pension of Rs.3000 is given to construction workers above the age of 60 years. If the worker died, the pension will be given to his widow.
- Two new benches of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) is established in which of the following city?
i. Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh
ii.Chennai in Tamil Nadu
iii. Indore in Madhya Pradesh
1) Option i and ii are correct
2) Option i and iii are correct
3) Option i is correct
4) Option ii is correct
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option i and iii are correct
The Government approved the establishment of two new benches of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), at Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh and Indore in Madhya Pradesh in view of the increasing caseload, especially under the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code 2016. The creation of new benches will enable faster disposal of cases.The jurisdiction of the Bench at Amaravati will be the state of Andhra Pradesh and that of Indore will be the state of Madhya Pradesh.Currently, Andhra Pradesh comes under the Jurisdiction of NCLT Bench at Hyderabad and Madhya Pradesh comes under the jurisdiction of NCLT Bench, Ahmedabad.The NCLT, which has been set up under the Companies Act, 2013, has provided an effective and time-bound adjudication mechanism to deal with matters related to the Companies Act, 2013, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), 2016 and the LLP Act, 2008.Presently, 14 numbers of NCLT Benches have been established, including the Principal Bench in New Delhi, and three recently set up benches at Jaipur, Kochi and Cuttack.
- According to the Aadhaar (Pricing of Aadhaar Authentication Services) Regulations 2019, by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI),business organisations using Aadhaar services have to pay how much amount for each customer verification?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs.20
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in the official gazette notification, the Aadhaar (Pricing of Aadhaar Authentication Services) Regulations 2019 put forth that business organisations using Aadhaar services will now have to pay Rs 20 for each customer verification and 50 paise for authentication of each transaction carried out by the entities. i.Government entities and the Department of Posts are exempted from authentication transaction charges.The entities shall be required to deposit the authentication transaction charges within 15 days of issuance of the concerned invoice based on the usage and any delay in payment beyond 15 days shall attract interest compounded at 1.5% per month and discontinuation of authentication and e-KYC services.
- Name the Agency/Department/Statutory Body,which released a document called UNNATEE (Unlocking NATional Energy Efficiency potential),that aims to improve the energy efficiency in India?
1) Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)
2) Central Electricity Authority (CEA)
3) Department of Power
4) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has released a document called UNNATEE (Unlocking NATional Energy Efficiency potential) which aims at improving the energy efficiency in India. It consists of a framework and a strategy of implementation which enables to formulate a relationship between energy supply-demand scenarios and energy efficiency opportunities. BEE had collaborated with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for development of this document.
- Where was the 2nd edition of Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) – 2019 held?
1) Mahatma Mandir,Gujarat
2) Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi
3) Nesco Centre,Maharashtra
4) The Lalit Ashok,Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi
On 5th and 6th March 2019, the 2nd edition of Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) – 2019 was organised in Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. It focused on involving the global strategic community in reviewing India’s opportunities and challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.There are 5 new themes for this edition:Practical solutions for achieving cohesion in the region through maritime connectivity Measures to attain and maintain a free-and-open Indo-Pacific Adopting a regional approach to the region’s transition from a ‘Brown’ to a ‘Blue’ economy.Analysing opportunities and challenges arising from the maritime impact of ‘Industry 4.0’. How the twin conceptualisations of ‘SAGAR’ and ‘SAGARMALA’ might best be made mutually-reinforcing on a regional level. 13 countries of the Indo-Pacific, namely Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, China, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America participated in the event.
- National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) collaborates with Google Arts and Culture for largest interactive online exhibition on inventions and discoveries named ‘Once Upon a Try’: Epic journeys of invention and discovery.NCSM works under which of the following ministry?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Urban Development
4) Ministry of Rural Development
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of Culture
On 7th March 2019, The National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) collaborates with Google Arts and Culture for largest interactive online exhibition on inventions and discoveries.NCSM is an organization under the Ministry of Culture. The largest online exhibition ‘Once Upon a Try’: Epic journeys of invention and discovery is an attempt to explore humanities greatest inventions and discoveries in an interactive online exhibition. NCSM contributes interactive stories that has some key insights into the long and glorious science and technology heritage of India.The six sections in the exhibition are historic beginnings, ayurveda, susruta samhita, rasashata, Itr – ancient Indian knowledge of perfumery and musical instruments from the Indian subcontinent.NCSM is a premiere institution in the field of science communication under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. It is also an autonomous organization.
- Where did Ministry of External Affairs (MEA),in collaboration with the Department of Posts inaugurate the 500th Passport Seva Kendra?
1) West Jaintia Hills in Meghalaya
2) Jajpur in Odisha
3) Pratapgarh in Rajasthan
4) Dhemaji in Assam
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pratapgarh in Rajasthan
India’s 500th Passport Kendra has been made operational at Pratapgarh in Rajasthan.The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), in collaboration with the Department of Posts, had in 2017 taken the initiative to open Passport Kendras at the head post offices/post offices in the country, to be known as “Post Office Passport Seva Kendras” (POPSK). Under this initiative, a total of 407 POPSKs had been made operational as on March 5, 2019. Besides, 93 Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) too are operational.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Government of India signed a loan agreement,worth USD 26-million for improving drainage infrastructure in which of the following city?
1) Kavali town in Andhra Pradesh
2) Dibrugarh town of Assam
3) Athagad town of Odisha
4) Hoskote town of Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dibrugarh town of Assam
For improving drainage infrastructure in Dibrugarh town of Assam, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Government of India signed a loan agreement of USD 26-million in New Delhi. It was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs and Hoe Yun Jeong, India Resident Mission of ADB.The loan provided is additional financing under the ongoing loan of USD 51 million under Assam Urban Infrastructure Investment Program (AUIIP) which is helping to improve water supply infrastructure in major cities of Assam like Guwahati and Dibrugarh.ADB approved the Multi-tranche Financing Facility (MFF) for the AUIIP for an amount of USD 200 million comprising of two Tranches on 30 September 2011.The ADB’s ongoing India portfolio comprises of 80 projects worth USD 4.3 billion in the public sector and USD 1.6 billion in the private sector.
- RBI decided to offer guaranteed financial support of 2% per annum for short term crop loans upto _____ lakhs for farmers at an interest rate of 7%?
1) Rs.7 lakh
2) Rs.5 lakh
3) Rs.3 lakh
4) Rs.4 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs.3 lakh
7th March 2019, The Reserve Bank of India notified a 2% interest subvention or Subsidy for short-term crop loans during 2018-19 and 2019-20.RBI decided to offer guaranteed financial support of 2% per annum for short term crop loans upto Rs.3 lakhs for farmers at an interest rate of 7%.Interest subvention is calculated on the crop loan and from the date of its disbursement upto the date of actual repayment of the crop loan by the farmer or upto the due date of the loan fixed by the banks whichever is earlier. The maximum period is one year.For those farmers who are repaying loans promptly will get an additional 2% interest subvention under the scheme. Then the effective rate of short term crop loans to be 4% per annum.
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has eased business guidelines for which of the following ATM’s to source cash directly from the central bank?
1) White Label ATM
2) Green Label ATM
3) Yellow Label ATM
4) Pink label ATM
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) White Label ATM
On 7th March 2019, The Reserve Bank of India has eased business guidelines for white label ATMs by allowing companies that manage these machines to source cash directly from the central bank.The guidelines released by RBI include managing machines to source cash directly from RBI offices, offer non bank services like bill payment and advertise even non financial products in their premises.As per the statement, RBI has allowed the operators to source cash from any Scheduled banks in India including cooperative and rural banks.RBI allowed White Label ATM Operators (WLAO) to offer bill payment and deposit services depending on the technical feasibility of the device as determined by NPCI. The ATMs setup, owned and operated by non-bank Entities are called White Label ATMs (WLAs). They provide banking services to customers of banks based on the debit/credit/prepaid cards issued by banks.
- AU Small Finance Bank Ltd. partnered with which of the following insurance company to provide customized insurance products to its customers?
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
2) National Insurance Company Limited
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
4) Acko General Insurance Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Acko General Insurance Limited
India’s first digital insurer, AU Small Finance Bank Ltd. announced its partnership with a new age insurtech company, Acko General Insurance Limited and is now able to provide customized insurance products to its customers.AU Small Finance Bank is working on offering customers access to financial services and products directly through their digital channels and building a robust digital banking platform to offer best in class products in Digital Loans, Deposits, and Investment segments.It is tying up with various technology partners who share a similar vision and have the relevant technology advancements to back up their offering and Acko is the first such partner.Acko’s solution is designed to offer contextual insurance, enabling AU to deliver tailor-made policies that offer the right coverage when the customer needs it.Acko is a licensed digital-only general insurance company that aims at redefining insurance by making it more transparent and providing hassle-free access to policies directly to the end user.
- According to Monster Salary Index (MSI) Survey,a high gender pay gap (GPG) is observed in which of the following country,wherewomen earn 19% less than men?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
per Monster Salary Index (MSI) Survey, a high gender pay gap (GPG) is observed in India, as women earn 19% less than men, where men earn Rs 242.49 and women earn Rs 196.3, that is Rs 46.19 lesser than men.The gap in 2018 was 20% and has narrowed by only 1% in 2019.Semi-skilled work shows no gender pay gap, however, the gap touches 20% for skilled women and 30% for highly skilled occupations. It increases with experience and is highest at 15% in favour of men for talent with 10 and more years of experience.This index is complemented with the key findings from the third annual survey titled ‘Women of India Inc’ undertaken by Monster.com. The survey witnessed maximum share of participation from Mumbai at (24%), followed by Bengaluru (23%) and Delhi/NCR at (18%). The participation from non-metros was only at about 29%.Sectoral analysis of the GPG showed that wage inequalities in favour of men are present in all the relevant sectors including IT/ITES services (26%); manufacturing (24%); healthcare, caring services and social work (21%). Financial services, banking and insurance is the only industry where men earn just 2% more.
- What is the new revised income tax exemption for gratuity,decided by Union Labour Ministry under section 10 (10) (iii) of the Income Tax Act,1961 to benefit employees who are not covered under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 and the employees of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)?
1) Rs.30 lakh
2) Rs.20 lakh
3) Rs.40 lakh
4) Rs.50 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs.20 lakh
On 7th March 2019, Union Labour Ministry decided to double the income tax exemption to Rs.20 lakh from the existing Rs.10 lakh for gratuity.The enhancement of gratuity under section 10 (10) (iii) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 to Rs.20 lakh will benefit employees who are not covered under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 and the employees of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).The ceiling amount of gratuity has been raised from time to time under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 keeping in view overall economic condition and employers capacity to pay and the salary of the employees.The notification issued on March 29, 2018 was the latest enhancement of tax exemption limit on gratuity. Under this notification ceiling was increased from Rs.10 lakh to Rs.20 lakh which was effective from March 29, 2018.
- Which of the following airport,was declared as the best airport in the category of over “40 million passengers per annum (MPPA)” in Asia Pacific in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Programme for 2018?
1) Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport
2) Kempegowda International Airport
3) Cochin International Airport
4) Veer Savarkar International Airport
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport
The Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport, New Delhi was declared as the best airport in the category of over “40 million passengers per annum (MPPA)” in Asia Pacific by Airports Council International (ACI) in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Programme for 2018.It had maintained the position of World no. 2 from 2011 to 2013 and in 2014 went up to become the World no. 1 in the 25-40 MMPA category and stayed at that position in 2015.It stood World No. 2 in the highest category of more than 40 MPPA in 2016 and in 2017, it was adjudged as the best airport in the highest category of over 40 MPPA.
- According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index,who became the third richest person in the world?
1) Carlos Slim
2) Amancio Ortega
3) Warren Buffett
4) Bernard Arnault
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bernard Arnault
Bernard Arnault, the chairman of Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (LVMH) has overtaken Warren Buffett, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway to become the third-richest person of the world, on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His net worth is $83.1 billion, which is about $100 million more than that of Mr. Buffett.He is the second European to reach this position on the list, first being Amancio Ortega, the owner of Zara.
- Marayoor jaggery gets Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the central government recently.It belongs to which of the following district?
1) Chittoor,Andhra Pradesh
2) Purba Medinipur,West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Idukki,Kerala
On 8th March 2019,Marayoor jaggery from Idukki, Kerala gets Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the central government.This jaggery is made from sugarcane and no chemicals are added during the manufacturing process which makes it a world class delicacy. Marayoor jaggery is made using only traditional methods. It is dark brown in colour with high sweetness and iron, less sodium content and insoluble impurities.The GI tag will help the traditional sugarcane farmers in Marayoor and provide them with more windows of opportunities.
- Name the 116-year-old Japanese woman,who was honoured as the world’s oldest living person by Guinness World Records?
1) Kane Tanaka
2) Chiyo Shiraishi
3) Asa Takii
4) Tae Ito
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kane Tanaka
Kane Tanaka, a 116-year-old Japanese woman born on January 2, 1903, who loves playing the board game Othello was honoured as the world’s oldest living person by Guinness World Records. She was officially on records recognised by the global authority in a ceremony at the nursing home where she lives in Fukuoka, Japan.Another Japanese woman, Chiyo Miyako, who died in July 2018 at age 117 was the previous oldest person.
- Who was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) recently?
1) Raveena Tondon
2) Padma Lakshmi
3) Rohit Sharma
4) MS Dhoni
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Padma Lakshmi
On 8th March 2019, On the evening of International Women’s Day United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) appointed Padma Lakshmi as its goodwill ambassador. She will have the responsibility to support the agency’s fight against inequality and discrimination which can affect people in rich and poor countries alike.Padma Lakshmi is an Indian – American television personality, supermodel, food expert, author and executive producer of Top Chef.She has been a judge and host as well as executive producer of Bravo Television’s Emmy award winning series Top Chef.She is the co-founder of the Endometriosis Foundation of America, a visiting scholar at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an ambassador for the American Civil Liberties Union advocating for immigrants rights.
- Which of the following has received provisional recognition as National sport federation from Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
1) All India Carrom Federation (AICF)
2) Swimming Federation of India
3) Kho Kho Federation of India
4) Netball Federation of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) All India Carrom Federation (AICF)
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has granted provisional recognition to All India Carrom Federation (AICF) as National Sport Federation with immediate in order to facilitate the participation of Indian Athletes in the forthcoming National/International competitions.A major role has been granted to the AICF for development of the Carrom sport in India by the recognition.The recognition can be reviewed by the Government in case Memorandum of Association (MoA) of the AICF or its practices come into conflict with the Government guidelines as amended from time to time.The Carrom sport is placed in the ‘Others’ category.
- Which of the following weight classes are dropped in men’s boxing after the Executive Committee Meetings of AIBA (International Boxing Association)Technical & Competition Rules Commission and AIBA medical Commission?
1) Option i is dropped
2) Option ii is dropped
3) Option iii is dropped
4) All are dropped
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) All are dropped
AIBA (International Boxing Association) Technical & Competition Rules Commission and AIBA medical Commission has proposed certain changes in the rules after the Executive Committee Meetings in Moscow in October 2018 and Istanbul in February 2019. New Weight classes –The 2020 Olympics shall have five weight classes for female boxers with the addition of two weight classes, featherweight (57 kg/125 lbs) and welterweight (69 kg/152 lbs) into the already existing flyweight, lightweight and middleweight. Dropped Weight classes – In males’s boxing, light flyweight, bantamweight and light welterweight have been dropped for 2020; instead men’s featherweight (57 kg) was added. With these changes 10 weight classes in men’s boxing has been reduced to eight.
- Who released the book Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle (1857-1947) in NewDelhi?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Narendra Modi
3) Venkaiah Naidu
4) Arun Jaitley
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Narendra Modi
On 7th March 2019, the Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle (1857-1947) was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, at Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi. The dictionary comprises of 5 volumes and it has information about martyrs involved during 1857-1947, the period on India’s war of Independence. This is the first time that such a large-scale compilation of names of martyrs is being done.
- Name the book ,which is a compilation of selected speeches of Prime Minister Narendra Modi released by Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley?
1) ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’
2) ‘Prime Minister Vision’
3) ‘Vision of Prime Minister’
4) ‘Speeches of Prime Minister’
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’
On 8th March 2019, Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley released a book ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ which is a compilation of selected speeches of Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a function organised by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in New Delhi. The book has 5 volumes and has been released in Hindi as well as English. The book is brought out by Publications division of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.The 5 volumes is categorized in five segments each covering Prime Minister’s ideas on Good Governance, making India competent and efficient, hailing on bravehearts, annadata farmers and brilliant scientists, taking along people on an inclusive path of growth and hope and sharing the message of a resurgent India with international community.The book mainly revolve on the vision of the Prime Minister by seeing all citizens of the country as one and taking everyone along on the path of inclusive development.
- Who released the popular Reference Annuals ‘Bharat 2019’ and ‘India 2019’, compiled by the New Media Wing to highlight the policies and achievements of the Government?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Narendra Modi
3) Amit Khare
4) Arun Jaitley
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Amit Khare
Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Shri Amit Khare released the popular Reference Annuals ‘Bharat 2019’ and ‘India 2019’, compiled by the New Media Wing and edited and published by Publications Division at New Delhi.This is the 63rd Edition of the publication.The books will be carried along by the Indian Delegation participating in the London Book Fair.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chief of Naval Staff?Admiral Sunil Lamba
- What is the Capital and Currency of Russia?Capital – Moscow and Currency- Ruble.
- Who is the Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)?J Satyanarayana
- Where is the headquarter of United Nations Development Programme located?New York, US
- Where is Chandaka Wildlife sanctuary located?Answer – Odisha
The sanctuary was recently in news,when Odisha’s Forest and Environment minister Bijayshree Routray launched the state’s first “jungle safari” service at Chandaka Wildlife Sanctuary. Bharatpur Forest in the southeastern part of the Chandaka-Damapara Wildlife Sanctuary cover an area of 20 Square kilometre and is rich in biodiversity. Asiatic elephant, spotted deer, wild pig, honey badger, porcupine, jungle cat, mongoose, civet, hare, python, cobra and variety of avifauna and flora are found in Bharatpur forest. This patch of forest acts as Carbon Sink and green lungs of the Bhubaneswar city.