AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 9 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement between India and France. This agreement is a milestone in improving people-to-people contacts, mobility of students, academics, researchers and skilled professionals and enhancing cooperation on irregular migration and human trafficking issues. Initially this agreement is valid for how many years?
Answer – 4. 7
The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement between India and France. It would be signed during the forthcoming visit of French President to India. This agreement is a milestone in improving people-to-people contacts, mobility of students, academics, researchers and skilled professionals and enhancing cooperation on irregular migration and human trafficking issues. It is initially valid for 7 years. It has a provision for automatic renewal and a monitoring mechanism through a Joint Working Group.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts (Amendment) Bill, 2018 for introduction in the Parliament. The Bill brings down the specified value of a commercial dispute to ______ from the current 1 Crore?
1. 3 Lakhs
2. 5 Lakhs
3. 7 Lakhs
4. 10 Lakhs
5. 50 Lakhs
Answer – 1. 3 Lakhs
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts (Amendment) Bill, 2018 for introduction in the Parliament. The Bill brings down the specified value of a commercial dispute to 3 Lakhs from the current 1 Crore. Hence, commercial disputes of a reasonable value can be decided by commercial courts. This will reduce time taken (presently 1445 days) to resolve commercial disputes of lesser value and will improve India’s ranking in the Ease of Doing Business. It provides for establishment of Commercial Courts at district Judge level for the territories over which respective High Courts have ordinary original civil jurisdiction i.e. in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and State of Himachal Pradesh.
- In which lake, the Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Laboratory (IBSD), has established a floating laboratory, to continuously monitor its water quality and improve it?
1. Dal Lake
2. Chilika Lake
3. Wular Lake
4. Loktak Lake
5. Sambhar Lake
Answer – 4. Loktak Lake
The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Laboratory (IBSD), Imphal, has established a floating laboratory in Loktak Lake, Manipur, to continuously monitor its water quality and improve it. Manipur’s Forest and Environment Minister, Thounaojam Shyamkumar Singh inaugurated the floating laboratory on 24th February 2018 in Imphal. Bhagaton Singh, Project Director of Loktak Development Authority (LDA) said that, the floating laboratory was launched as a joint venture between LDA and IBSD. The IBSD worked for 4 months to get the boat, redesign it and obtain equipment for the laboratory. This lab will work 24×7 and will monitor the entire lake. This floating laboratory has been set up on a budget of Rs 5. Lakh. Further equipments for Rs 20 lakh will be procured to improve its efficiency.
- In which Indian city, P K Sinha, Cabinet Secretary, launched “I-Metros”, an association of all Indian Metro Rail companies, at the Conference on “Indian Metros: Collaborating for Excellence?”
5. New Delhi
Answer – 5. New Delhi
P K Sinha, Cabinet Secretary, launched “I-Metros”, an association of all Indian Metro Rail companies, at the Conference on “Indian Metros: Collaborating for Excellence” conducted at Metro Bhawan, in New Delhi. “I-Metros” will act as a platform for sharing of ideas, knowledge, experience, best practices, innovations, etc. for the Indian Metro rail companies. It will help them to improve their performance. It will be registered under Society Registration Act-1860. It will conduct and promote techno-economic studies and research. It will protect the interest and rights of metro rail companies. It will act as a resource tank of information and will help in decision making. The conference on “Indian Metros: Collaborating for Excellence” saw participation from representatives of Metro systems throughout the world.
- Which state government launched a “Pink Electricity Zone’ on International Women’s Day, that will be managed by women staff?
1. Andhra Pradesh
3. Madhya Pradesh
5. Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 3. Madhya Pradesh
On 8th March 2018 (International Women’s Day), Madhya Pradesh West Power Distribution Company (MPWPDC) launched a “Pink Electricity Zone’ that will be managed by women staff. Akash Tripathi, MD of MPWPDC, said that, the Pink Electricity Zone comprises 25 women staff. They will manage the energy maintenance work of 13,000 power connections in Aranya Nagar. Only women have been posted as Assistant engineer, junior engineer, line supervisor, linepersons, metre readers, accountant, computer operators in the zone. They will be dressed in pink uniform.
- After Jammu and Kashmir, which is the second state to unveil the state flag (nada dhwaja)?
5. Uttar Pradesh
Answer – 4. Karnataka
Karnataka government unveiled the State flag (nada dhwaja) for Karnataka. If Karnataka receives Central government approval, it will be the second state after Jammu and Kashmir to have a flag. The flag is tricolor comprising yellow, white and red with State emblem at the centre. Now the proposal will be forwarded to the Union Home Ministry for approval, as a State is not empowered to declare its own flag. The state emblem is blue in colour named Gandaberunda. Gandaberunda is a mythical two-headed
- Supreme Court passed an order permitting passive euthanasia in India. The Constitution bench for passing this order consisted of 5 judges. It was led by ___________?
1. Dipak Misra
2. A K Sikri
3. A M Khanwilkar
4. D Y Chandrachud
5. Ashok Bhushan
Answer – 1. Dipak Misra
Supreme Court passed an order permitting passive euthanasia in India. Passive euthanasia is a condition where medical treatment is deliberately withdrawn to hasten the death of a terminally-ill person. Supreme Court has awarded legal sanction to passive euthanasia. It has allowed ‘living will’ by patients to withdraw medical support in case they go to irreversible coma. The Constitution bench said that, the guidelines will be in force till legislation on this is passed by Parliament. The Constitution bench consisted of 5 judges. It was led by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra. Other judges present on the bench are: justices A K Sikri, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Ashok Bhushan
- In which state, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, launched the National Nutrition Mission on the occasion of International Women’s Day?
Answer – 5. Rajasthan
On 8th March 2018, on the occasion of International Women’s Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, launched the National Nutrition Mission at an event held at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan. The National Nutrition Mission (NNM) has been formulated with a 3 year budget of Rs.9046.17 crore starting from 2017-18. NNM aims in improving nutrition level in India on an urgent basis. It includes several schemes working on reducing malnutrition, incentivizing States/UTs to reach goals, incentivizing Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) to use IT based tools, etc. NNM aims to reduce stunting, under-nutrition, anemia and reduce low birth weight by 2%, 2%, 3% and 2% per annum respectively. It will work to achieve reduction in stunting from 38.4% to 25% by 2022. NMM will benefit over 10 crore people. All the States and districts will be reached in a phased manner: 315 districts in 2017-18, 235 districts in 2018-19 and rest in 2019-20.
- Israeli and American troops train together through “Juniper Cobra” exercise in Israel. Juniper Cobra was started in the year ____?
Answer – 1. 2001
Israeli and American troops train together through “Juniper Cobra” exercise in Israel. Over 5,000 Israeli and American troops are undergoing training together in Israel. Brig. Gen. Zvika Haimovich, chief of Israel’s air defence command, said that, Juniper Cobra is not focused on any particular adversary. It is aimed to train for very complex scenarios like simultaneous attacks from enemy countries and militant groups. Israel faces potential threat from Lebanese militant group Hezbollah and Iranian forces. Juniper Cobra comprises field training, computer simulations and live-fire drills of sophisticated missile-defence systems. Juniper Cobra was started in 2001. It has been conducted every two years since then.
- Which country seals agreement with UN to build homes for Nepal quake victims?
Answer – 3. India
India seals agreement with UN to build homes for Nepal quake victims. The massive earthquake in Nepal in April, 2015 created destruction in the Himalayan nation, killing over 10,000 people and injuring nearly 22,000 people. Gorkha and Nuwakot were the worst-hit districts. In a reconstruction bid for earthquake-ravaged Nepal, India signed an agreement with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) to build 50, 000 homes for earthquake victims. Under the project, 26,912 home owners will be benefited in Gorkha and 23,088 homeowners in Nuwakot, according to Indian Embassy sources. India will give USD 8.41 million to the UNOPS and USD 7.41 Million to the UNDP to build 50, 000 homes by this agreement.
- India ranks ____on the Mastercard Index for Women Entrepreneurs (MIWE), a list of 57 nations released by Mastercard?
Answer – 5. 52
India ranks 52 on the Mastercard Index for Women Entrepreneurs (MIWE), a list of 57 nations released by Mastercard. The report focuses on female entrepreneurs’ ability to “capitalize the opportunities granted through various supporting conditions within their local environment”. New Zealand is at the top of the list, with Sweden, Canada, US, Singapore, making the top five in the index. The index was based on 12 indicators and 25 sub-indicators representing 78.6
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has partnered with which company for a 3 year corporate agency tie up to sell its policies to home buyers?
1. Mahindra Finance
2. Can Fin Homes
Answer – 2. Can Fin Homes
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has partnered with Can Fin Homes for a 3 year corporate agency tie up to sell its policies to home buyers. Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Insurance said that, all of its life insurance products will be made available to customers of Can Fin Homes. Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance and Can Fin Homes aim to offer long term value creation for its customers. Can Fin Homes is the housing finance subsidiary of Canara Bank. It has more than 1.2 lakh customers.
- According to an assessment done by leading brand valuation firm, Brand Finance, which company was named as the fastest growing IT services brand in the world?
Answer – 4. TCS
According to an assessment done by leading brand valuation firm, Brand Finance, Tata Consultancy Services was named as the fastest growing IT services brand in the world. As per the Brand Finance IT Services 15 annual report for 2018, TCS now has a total brand value of USD 10.391 billion; a growth of 14.4 percent from last year’s total of USD 9.081 billion, with an increase of USD 1.309 billion. The new value is the fastest incremental growth of all companies in the industry, and places TCS in the top three most valuable brands in the global IT services sector along with IBM and Accenture.
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II recognised Srishti Bakshi from which country as the 26th Commonwealth Point of Lightin honour of her exceptional service to empowering women in India?
Answer – 5. India
Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II recognised SrishtiBakshi from India as the 26th Commonwealth Point of Lightin honour of her exceptional service to empowering women in India. Srishti is the founder of the Cross Bow Milesmovement. After seeing that India’s National Crime Records Bureau recorded 327,394 cases of violence against women in 2015, Srishti decided to make a statement and spread her message of gender equality across the country. She has overseen the creation of a mobile app where people from across the world can upload steps collected from their phone pedometers and join the campaigns ‘Billion Steps For Women’ drive.
- Who was made the first brand ambassador of Uber in India, thus embarking on a first-of-its-kind initiative across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region?
1. MS Dhoni
2. Amitab Bachchan
3. Priyanka Chopra
4. Virat Kohli
5. Sonakshi Sinha
Answer – 4. Virat Kohli
Uber announced the appointment of Indian skipper Virat Kohli as its first brand ambassador in India, thus embarking on a first-of-its-kind initiative across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Virat will be actively involved in a series of marketing and customer experience initiatives to be rolled out by Uber India.
- Name the portal launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) on the occasion of International Women’s Day?
Answer – 4. www.udyamsakhi.org
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, March 8,the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) launched a portal for women entrepreneurs of India”www.udyamsakhi.org.” The portal was unveiled by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of MSME, Giriraj Singh. The portal is a network for nurturing entrepreneurship and creating business models for low cost products and services in order to empower women and make them self-reliant and self-sufficient
- Indian junior archers bagged how many gold medals in the Asia Cup Archery Stage 1 campaign?
Answer – 2. Three
Indian junior archers bagged three gold and three bronze medals to finish their Asia Cup Archery Stage 1 campaign. Promila Daimary defeated Natalia Erdynieva of Russia 7-3 to win a gold in the women’s recurve individual where India also bagged bronze through Madhu Vedwan. Indian trio of Akash, Gora Ho and Gaurav Lambe defeated Mongolia’s Adiyasuren Baasankhuu, Otgonbold Baatarkhuyag and Gantugs Jantsan 27-26 in the tie-breaker to clinch the third gold in the recurve category. India had bagged a gold in the women’s compound individual section by Muskan Kirar. Muskan also ended up pocketing a second medal in the form of bronze.
- Who won the 2017-18 Football I-League title?
1. Churchill Brothers
2. Minerva Punjab
3. Bihar Rockers
4. Chennai kings
5. Kings England
Answer – 2. Minerva Punjab
Minerva Punjab FC beat Churchill Brothers FC 1-0 to win their maiden I-League title on Thursday at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Panchkula. This is Minerva’s second season in the football league. Minerva Punjab become the first side from Punjab to win the league in 21 years, since JCT’s title victory in 1996-97. They will now represent India in the 2019 AFC Champions League preliminary play-offs.
- South Korean player Chung Jae-sung is related to which of the following?
Answer – 5. Badminton
South Korean badminton player Chung Jae-sung, who won bronze in the men’s doubles at the London Olympics, has died at the age of 35, the Korea Badminton Association. Yonhap News quoted local police as saying Chung had been diagnosed with arrhythmia three years ago and that he had complained of chest pains at times.
- Pyarelal Wadali who was the younger brother of Puran Chand Wadali of the Wadali Brothers fame recently passed away. He was related to which of the following?
2. Sea Diving
Answer – 3. Music
Pyarelal Wadali, who was the younger brother of Puran Chand Wadali of the Wadali Brothers fame, died in a hospital in Amritsar. He was 75. The Wadali Brothers comprising Puranchand Wadali and Pyarelal Wadali had carved a distinct mark for themselves in the genre of Sufi music. According to local reports, Pyarelal Wadali suffered from a cardiac arrest
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the MD & CEO of Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFBL)?
Mr. Vasudevan P N
- Where is the headquarters of TCS located?
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- What is the currency of Nepal?
Nepalese rupee (NPR)
- Which is the capital city of Israel?
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is in which state?