AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs March 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs March 8 2020
- Name the e-Commerce company, which signed MoU with Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY- NULM) for e-Marketing of products made by Self Help Groups across the Country.
5) JustDialAnswer-4) Amazon
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY- NULM) functions under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA) signed MoU (Memorandum of Understandings) with Amazon for electronic marketing (e-Marketing) of products made by Self Help Groups (SHGs) across the Country.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Companies (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 to amend the Companies Act, 2013. As per the Amendment, the companies which have an obligation to spend Rs. ______ per annum or less on corporate social responsibility (CSR) are no longer required to have a CSR committee.
1) 25 Lakh
2) 10 Lakh
3) 50 Lakh
4) 15 Lakh
5) 5 LakhAnswer-3) 50 Lakh
The Union Cabinet headed by Narendra Modi has approved the Companies (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 to amend the Companies Act, 2013 with a total of 72 changes in its 65 sections. The amendments proposed relaxation in corporate social responsibility (CSR) compliance requirements as companies which have an obligation to spend Rs. 50 lakhs per annum or less on CSR are no longer required to have a CSR committee. Also, Companies which spend over the obligated 2% on CSR in a particular year can carry it forward as credit for fulfilment of CSR obligations for the next few years.
- The Union Commerce Ministry has approved the proposals of TCS & DLF to establish Special Economic Zones (SEZs) for Information sector in which of the following states?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-5) Both 1) and 3)
The highest decision-making body for special economic zones (SEZs) chaired by the commerce secretary Anup Wadhawan, has approved the proposals of Information technology (IT) major TCS (Tata Consultancy Services Limited) and DLF (Delhi Land and Finance) Limited a premier real estate company in India to establish a special economic zones (SEZs) for IT sector in Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Haryana respectively.
- The Lieutenant Governor (LG) of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has launched the student Health Card scheme for school children in J&K. Who is the present (March 2020) LG of J&K.?
1) Girish Chandra Murmu
2) Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
3) Droupadi Murmu
4) Bhagat Singh Koshyari
5) Ramesh BaisAnswer-1) Girish Chandra Murmu
Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu launched a Student Health Card scheme for school children aimed to improve the health and overall wellbeing of over 12 lakh students of government schools.
- Under which scheme the Inter Ministerial Approval Committee (IMAC) headed by Harsimrat Kaur Badal approved 8 projects worth Rs 230 Crores in TamilNadu.
1) Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM)
2) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
3) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
4) National Agriculture Market (NAM)
5) Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY)Answer-2) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
The Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee (IMAC) meeting which was held under the chairmanship of Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal, sanctioned 10 projects worth Rs 301.54 crore. The projects are sanctioned under the ‘Agro Processing Cluster Scheme’ of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) – Under this scheme IMAC approved 8 projects of Rs 230 Crore for 8 districts in TamilNadu.
- Name the Life Insurance company, which is going to provide football coaching to the under-privileged girls under ‘Bachhpan Ka Rakshakaran’ programme in association with ‘Oscar Foundation’.
1) Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
4) SBI Life Insurance
5) TATA AIA Life InsuranceAnswer-5) TATA AIA Life Insurance
In order to create interest in education for the under-privileged girls aged 12-16 years, by using football coaching as a medium, Tata AIA Life Insurance, a joint venture company formed by Tata Sons Ltd and AIA Group Ltd(AIA), has launched a ‘Bachhpan Ka Rakshakaran’ program in association with Mumbai based Non-profit ‘Oscar Foundation’.
- Name the Metro which tied up with Paytm to launch QR-based metro ticketing system.
1) Delhi Metro
2) Kolkata Metro
3) Hyderabad Metro
4) Namma Metro
5) Chennai MetroAnswer-3) Hyderabad Metro
Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) in partnership with Paytm has launched a QR-code-based metro ticketing system at Rasoolpura metro station Hyderabad.
- Name the person who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Mahindra-Fort joint venture (March 2020).
1) Pankaj Sonalkar
2) Sachin Arolkar
3) Abhimanyu Sen
5) Anurag MehrotraAnswer-5) Anurag Mehrotra
The Managing Director of Ford India, Anurag Mehrotra was appointed as the Chief Executive officer for the New joint venture formed by Mahindra and Ford with effect from April 1, 2020.This joint venture is formed to develop and sell Ford branded cars in India and other emerging markets. The joint venture created is valued at $275 million (Rs 1,925 crore). Mahindra will own of 51% of stake while, Ford will own 49% of stake in the new company.
- Name the City which is going to host the 5th edition of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) summit in the month of September 2020.
1) Bangkok, Thailand
2) New Delhi, India
3) Colombo, Sri Lanka
4) Kathmandu, Nepal
5) Dhaka, BangladeshAnswer-3) Colombo, Sri Lanka
The 5th edition of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) Summit 2020 to be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka in the month of September 2020. Sri Lanka is the Chair of BIMSTEC between 2018 and 2020 and it will hand over the chairmanship to Thailand by the end of 2020.
- As per United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) India study, India’s female labour-force participation declined from 34% in 2006 to ______% in 2020.
5) 26.8Answer-2) 24.8
In accordance with the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) India study, India is the only country among the 153 surveyed countries where the economic gender gap is larger than the political gap. Its female labour-force participation has declined from 34% in 2006 to 24.8% in 2020.
- As per “Wealth Report 2020” released by Knight Frank LLP, the Ultra high-net-worth individuals in India are expected to increase by _____% in 5 years (2019-2024).
5) 73Answer-5) 73
According to the “Wealth Report 2020” released by Knight Frank LLP,a leading International Property Consultant, India had 5,986 UHNWIs (Ultra high-net-worth individuals – people who are having a net worth of at least $30 million(mn) and above) in 2019 and they expected to increase by 73% in the coming 5 years. This will almost double the current count to 10,354.
- As per “Wealth Report 2020” released by Knight Frank LLP, what is India’s rank based on number UHNWIs (Ultra high net worth individuals – people who have a net worth of $30Mn or above).
5) 14Answer-2) 12
India, according to Knight Frank’s ‘Wealth Report 2020’, ranks 12th and had 5,986 Ultra high net worth individuals in 2019, which is likely to reach 10,354 by 2024. United States ranked top with 240, 575 individuals. The number of billionaires in India, on the other hand, is likely to reach 113 by 2024, up from 104 in 2019.
- As per recent Information of Jitendra Singh (MoS – PMO), which mission is scheduled to be launched by 1st half of 2021 by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
1) Aditya-L1 mission
2) Mangalyaan-2 mission
3) Chandrayaan-3 mission
4) Shukrayaan mission
5) Gaganyaan missionAnswer-3) Chandrayaan-3 mission
According to the Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Jitendra Singh, a possible schedule for the launch of Chandrayaan-3 is planned to be implemented in the first half of 2021.
- Name the space agency which named the 5th Mars rover as Perseverance (earlier it had a codename – Mars 2020).
1) State Space Corporation “Roscosmos” (ROSCOSMOS)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) Centre national d’études spatiales (CNES)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) China National Space Administration (CNSA)Answer-2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) announced the name of the 5th Mars (red planet) rover as Perseverance. Previously the rover was known by its codename as Mars 2020. The name was suggested by Alexander Mather, 7th standard student and was announced by Nasa’s director of science, Thomas Zurbuchen at an event in Lake Braddock Secondary School in Burke, Virginia.
- Prachi choudhary who is in news recently (March 2020), related to which sports?
1) Discus Throw
2) Shot Put
3) Triple Jump
4) 400m runner
5) Pole VaultAnswer-4) 400m runner
Indian 400-meter runner Prachi choudhary from Uttar Pradesh was tested out of competition and was provisionally suspended by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) on March 6,2020, for the presence of anabolic steroid, Oxandrolone.
- In Association with which organization the Hockey India is going to conduct 1st edition of Khelo India Women’s Hockey League Under-21 between March-November 2020.
1) Athletics Federation of India
2) Indian Olympic Association
3) Sports Authority of India
4) Sports Federation of India
5) National Sports OrganisationAnswer-3) Sports Authority of India
Sports Authority of India (SAI), in association with Hockey India announced the 1st edition of the Khelo India Women’s Hockey League Under-21. The tournament will be organized by Hockey India at 3 phases in 3 different venues between March to November 2020.
- Name the person who has become the first player in the world to play 500 T20 matches.
1) Virat Kohli
2) Dwayne Bravo
3) Chris Gayle
4) Kieron Pollard
5) MS DhoniAnswer-4) Kieron Pollard
West Indies skipper Kieron Pollard has become the first player in the history of T20 (Twenty20) cricket to feature in 500 matches during the field against Sri Lanka for the first T20I in Pallekele, Srilanka.Dwayne Bravo is second in the list followed by Chris Gayle.
- The Book “Chronicles of Change Champions” released by Union Women & Child Development Minister Smriti Irani, was based on which Scheme?
1) One Stop Centre scheme
2) Nari Shakti Puraskar scheme
3) Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
4) Women Helpline scheme
5) UJJAWALA schemeAnswer-3) Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
Smriti Zubin Irani Union Minister of Women & Child Development released a book titled “Chronicles of Change Champions” at New Delhi. The book is written with the 25 innovative initiative taken under the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” (BBBP) scheme at the state and district level.
- To Create awareness about the use of generic medicines in India, the ‘Jan Aushadhi Diwas’ 2020 is celebrated on _______.
1) February 28
2) March 29
3) March 7
4) April 4
5) April 27Answer-3) March 7
The ‘Jan Aushadhi Diwas’ is observed every year on March 7. The aim of this day is to create awareness about the use of generic medicines. This day also celebrates the achievements of Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Janaushadi Pariyojana. The first “Jan Aushadhi Diwas” is celebrated on 7th March 2019.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY- NULM) functions under which Ministry? Answer-Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of United Nations Global Compact located at? Answer-New York, United States
- What is the Capital & Currency of Sri Lanka? Answer-Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte & Currency – Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Where is Bhogapuram Airport located at? Answer-Andhra Pradesh
The GMR Group has secured the Andhra Pradesh Cabinet approval (in March 2020) for developing the greenfield Bhogapuram International Airport about 35 km from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Headquarters of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) located at? Answer-Bengaluru, Karnataka
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]