AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian state which renamed Aurangabad Airport as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport (March 2020).
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra Government renamed Aurangabad Airport as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport. The decision was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet, chaired by Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Bal Thackeray. Earlier, Mumbai airport has been named as Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Airport while Kolhapur airport was renamed as Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj.
- Name the Indian state which organizes 3-day ‘Namaste Orchha’ festival (March 6-8, 2020).
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) JharkhandAnswer-4) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh Government (Tourism Board) organizes a three-day festival “Namaste Orchha” From March 6 to March 8, 2020 in the ancient town of Orchha in Bundelkhand region, Madhya Pradesh. The aim of this festival is to promote tourism in the heritage city of Orchha, Madhya Pradesh.
- Find the Indian City which conducts the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) based on the theme ‘Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility’ in the month of May 2020.
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Kochi, Kerala
3) Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
4) Jaipur, Rajasthan
5) Ghaziabad, Uttar PradeshAnswer-2) Kochi, Kerala
The Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF), will be held at Kochi in Kerala from 16th to 20th May 2020. This festival is organized by the Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA). The theme of the event is Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility. On 5th March 2020 a curtain raiser event was held at New Delhi for this festival.
- In which Indian city the Google cloud plans to launch its 2nd cloud region in India in 2021.
3) New Delhi
5) HyderabadAnswer-3) New Delhi
Google Cloud, the company’s enterprise wing, has announced plans to open a second cloud region in India at Delhi by 2021, which has one cloud region in Mumbai and has been operational since 2017.
- Name the Indian Institute which signed pact with Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) in terms of technology development in export promotion.
5) IIT-BombayAnswer-4) IIT-Delhi
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has signed a pact with IIT-Delhi in the areas of technology development for export promotion.
- Name the Organisation which released the report “Impact of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) on the convenience, safety and self-respect of women in rural India” along with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
1) World Bank (WB)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
4) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
5) International Monetary Fund (IMF)Answer-4) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Union Minister of for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched Phase II of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) [SBM (G)] at a National Dissemination and Consultation workshop in New Delhi. During the workshop the he also released a study namely “Impact of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) on the convenience, safety and self-respect of women in rural India” by the UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) on the impact of the SBM(G) on rural women.
- The financial outlay for the implementation of Phase II of Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen [SBM (G)] from 2020-21 to 2024-25 is/are __________.
1) 1,11,243 crores
2) 1,28,441 crores
3) 1,43,121 crores
4) 1,40,881 crores
5) 1,54,169 croresAnswer-4) 1,40,881 crores
Union Minister of for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched Phase II of Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) [SBM (G)] at a National Dissemination and Consultation workshop in New Delhi. It should be noted that this phase-II will be implemented from 2020-21 to 2024-25 with an outlay of Rs. 1,40,881 crores. Of this Rs. 52,497 crores will be allocated from the budget of Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, while the remaining amount will be sanctioned from the funds released under 15th Finance Commission, MGNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme), and revenue generation models.
- As per MicroSave Consulting’s (MSC) report titled ‘The real story of women’s financial inclusion in India’, women’s ownership of bank accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is increased from 43% in 2014 to ______% in 2017.
5) 81Answer-4) 77
In accordance with the report by MicroSave Consulting (MSC) titled “The real story of women’s financial inclusion in India”, the women’s ownership of bank accounts is increased from 43% in 2014 to 77% in 2017 with the flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), however 42% accounts are still inactive.
- As per MicroSave Consulting’s (MSC) report titled ‘The real story of women’s financial inclusion in India’, The Gender gap in financial inclusion in India has reduced by ___% points in 3 years (2014-17).
5) 22Answer-1) 14
In accordance with the report by MicroSave Consulting (MSC) titled “The real story of women’s financial inclusion in India”, India has reduced the gender gap in financial inclusion by 14 percentage points in three years (2014-17).
- Under which section of Banking Regulation Act, 1949, the Ministry of Finance has imposed moratorium on Yes Bank (March 5, 2020 till April 3, 2020).
1) Section 47
2) Section 35
3) Section 49
4) Section 45
5) Section 36Answer-4) Section 45
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 45 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (10 of 1949), the Central Government, through the Ministry of Finance has imposed moratorium on Yes Bank Limited w.e.f. 6PM of March 5, 2020 till April 3, 2020. The decision has been taken on the recommendations of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under sub-section (1) of section 45.
- RBI has restricted the withdrawal limit in Yes Bank during the moratorium period (March 5, 2020 till April 3, 2020) to Rs. _____ per account per month.
5) 25,000Answer-3) 50,000
The RBI has restricted the withdrawal limit in Yes Bank during the period of moratorium to Rs 50,000 per account per month. If a depositor maintains more than one account, then also the total amount payable from all the accounts together should not exceed Rs 50,000. In case of unforeseen expenses like medical treatment, higher education, marriage or unavoidable expenses the sum should not exceed 5,00,000 or the actual balance lying to the credit of the account of such depositor.
- The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has reduced the interest rate on EPF deposits for 2019-20 from 8.65% to _____% (7-yr low).
5) 8.40Answer-4) 8.50
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) has declined interest rate on EPF deposits for 2019-20 to seven years’ low by 0.15% or 15 basis points from 8.65% to 8.5%.
- As per the report titled ‘Global trade impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Epidemic’, India has faced a trade impact of $348 million dollars due to slowdown in china’s production. The report was released by which of the following organization?
1) World Health Organisation (WHO)
2) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
3) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
4) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
5) World Trade Organisation (WTO)Answer-2) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
In accordance with the estimates prepared by Division on International Trade and Commodities, UNCTAD and published by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) titled “Global trade impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Epidemic”, India is among the top 20 economies most affected by the slowdown of manufacturing in China due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic has a trade impact of $348 million dollars, which is disrupting world trade and could result in a 50-billion-dollar decrease in global exports.
- As per the report titled ‘Global trade impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Epidemic’, the most affected economy (by value) due to slowdown in china’s production is _______.
2) European Union
3) United States
4) South Korea
5) JapanAnswer-2) European Union
As per the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) report titled ‘Global trade impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Epidemic’,
Most affected economies: EU (USD 15.6 billion) is followed by the United States [US (USD 5.8 billion)], Japan (USD 5.2 billion), South Korea (USD 3.8 billion), Taiwan Province of China (USD 2.6 billion) and Vietnam (USD 2.3 billion).
- Name the Insurance company which re-appoints Sanjeev Nautiyal as MD & CEO.
1) SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
2) Life Insurance Corporation of India
3) PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd.
4) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
5) Bharti AXA Life Insurance Co. Ltd.Answer-1) SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
The Board of Directors of SBI Life Insurance Company re-appointed Sanjeev Nautiyal as managing director (MD) and chief executive officer of the company(CEO) with effect from March 10, 2020 replacing Arijit Basu. This approval is given by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)and members of the Company.
- Denys Shymgal succeeds Oleksiy Honcharuk to become the Prime Minister of which of the following country?
5) UkraineAnswer-5) Ukraine
Ukraine parliament or Verkhovna Rada approved Denys Shmygal (44) as a new prime minister & also approved Oleksiy Honcharuk (35) resignation who is previous PM. Denys Shmygal is the nominee of Volodymyr Zelensky, the President of Ukraine. Oleksiy Honcharuk served only 6 months & was the country’s youngest Prime Minister.
Ukraine’s Capital – Kyiv & Currency – hryvnia
- Name the person who has been appointed as new Director General of World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
1) Daren Tang
2) Tedros Adhanom
3) Peter Sutherland
4) Roberto Azevêdo
5) Francis GurryAnswer-1) Daren Tang
Singapore’s Daren Tang was elected as Director General of World Intellectual Property Organisation(WIPO). He will succeed Australia’s Francis Gurry who will step down at the end of September after 12 years of being in this position.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the administrator of Yes Bank by RBI under 36ACA of the Banking Regulation Act 1949 (for 30 days until April 3, 2020).
1) Bhushan Jain
2) Prashant Kumar
3) Bhuwan Chandra
4) S V Venkatasubramanian
5) Vara PrasadAnswer-2) Prashant Kumar
In exercise of the powers conferred under 36ACA of the Banking Regulation Act 1949, RBI has also superseded (replaced) the board of YES bank with immediate effect by appointing ex- Deputy Managing Director (DMD) & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of SBI Prashant Kumar as its administrator for a period of 30 days citing serious deterioration in the financial position of the Bank. His appointment has been made under Section 36ACA (2) of the Act.
- Amrit Kaur has been honored as ‘Women of the year’ for 1947 in ‘100 women of the year’ project by TIME magazine. Name the person who has been honored as ‘Women of the year’ for 1976.
1) Pratibha Patil
2) Kalpana Chawla
3) Indira Gandhi
4) Sucheta Kripalani
5) Sarojini NaiduAnswer-3) Indira Gandhi
TIME Magazine created 100 New Covers for the Project ‘100 women of the year’ to recognize selected women or groups to represent each year from 1920 to 2019. India’s Freedom Fighter Amrit Kaur will be honored as ‘Women of the Year’ for 1947 & Former prime minister Indira Gandhi for 1976.
- Name the Indian who has been honoured with ‘Sportsman of the year’ award in Times of India sports award 2019 (TOISA 2019).
1) Bajrang Punia
2) Mary Kom
3) Rohit Sharma
4) Vinesh Phogat
5) PV SindhuAnswer-5) PV Sindhu
The 4th edition of TOISA (Times of India Sports Awards) awards honoured the best Indian in 2019 sports in New Delhi, India. The event was powered by BHIM-UPI (Bharat Interface for Money- Unified Payments Interface). Rohit Sharma was named as the Cricketer of the year and PV Sindhu was named as the Sportsman of the year as she won gold at the World Championships in Basel, Switzerland.
- Who has been honored with Icon of the Century special award in Times of India sports award 2019 (TOISA 2019).
1) Dhyan Chand
2) Sunil Chhetri
3) Sachin Tendulkar
4) Balbir Singh
5) PT UshaAnswer-4) Balbir Singh
In Times of India sports award 2019 (TOISA 2019) a special award – Icon of the Century was given to 3-time Olympic gold medalist and hockey legend Balbir Singh.
- The International Conference on Nano Science and Technology 2020 (ICONSAT) is organized by S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences conducted at which Indian City?
5) BengaluruAnswer-3) Kolkata
The International Conference on Nano Science and Technology 2020 (ICONSAT) was held at Biswa Bangla Conventional Centre, Kolkata. The event was supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) & organized by S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata. The conference was held from March 5 to 7, 2020.
- Name the Organisation, which organizes the India Smart Utility Week 2020 (ISUW) an International Conference and Exhibition on Smart Energy and Water for Smarter Cities India in New Delhi (March 2020).
1) Smart City group
2) Indian Trade Promotion Organisation
3) Indian Smart Grid Forum
4) Exhibitions India group
5) Fresh water & Energy ForumAnswer-3) Smart Grid Forum
New Delhi based Indian Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) has been organizing India Smart Utility Week 2020 (ISUW) as an International Conference and Exhibition on Smart Energy and Water for Smarter Cities in New Delhi from March 3-7, 2020.
- With which world group India joins to work on Integrated local energy systems during India Smart Utility Week (ISUW) 2020.
3) European Union
5) BIMSTECAnswer-3) European Union
India and European Union (EU) called upon the Integrated Local Energy System during ISUW 2020, in which they will jointly work upon clean energy and climate that will help in Clean Energy and Climate & boost the collaboration in energy research and innovation, especially in renewable energy and its integration in the energy system. This partnership is in line with Mission Innovation (MI) involvement of both the countries.
- Which country has collaborated with India for Research & Development Programme on smart grid at the cost of $5Million announced on India Smart Utility Week (ISUW) 2020.
5) SwitzerlandAnswer-2) Sweden
India and Sweden are also agreed to jointly work on Smart Grids Programme, which is to be funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST), a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. This tie-up will have led Research & Development collaborative Programme on Smart Grids at a cost of $5 Million to transform the clean energy sector into a secure one.
- According to the ‘Freedom in the world 2020’ report released by US based Freedom House, what is India’s rank in ‘Free’ category, which was topped by Finland?
5) 83Answer-5) 83
According to the ‘Freedom in the World 2020” report, which analyzes democratic values and people’s freedom in 195 countries & 15 territories and ranks them category-wise, released by the Freedom House, a U.S (United States) -based watchdog that conducts research and advocacy on democracy, India has ranked 83rd in the report along with Timor-Leste and Senegal in ‘Free’ category. While, Finland topped the list as the free democratic country.
Here’s the list of Top 3 & Bottom 3 nation in free category of the report:
Top 3 nation in free category Finland Norway Sweden Bottom 3 nation in free category India Timor-leste Tunisia
- Name the Mobile Application launched by SEBI for the investors to lodge grievances.
1) Sebi Complaint
2) Sebi MONEY
3) Sebi SCORES
4) Sebi Grievance
5) Sebi WHEELSAnswer-3) Sebi SCORES
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator for the securities market in India, has introduced a mobile app called ‘Sebi SCORES’ [Sebi Complaints Redress System (SCORES)], through which, investors can register their grievances.
- Name the Indian Institute which developed Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered drone to counter ‘Rogue Drones’ (Unregulated UAV).
5) IIT-BombayAnswer-2) IIT-Madras
Researchers of IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Madras team developed AI (Artificial Intelligence) powered drone to counter ‘rogue drones’ (unregulated unmanned aerial vehicles). The AI-powered drone was designed by a team comprising Vasu Gupta (B. Tech – Aerospace Engineering student) and Rishabh Vashistha, a Project Associate working in RAFT Lab, Department of Aerospace Engineering and the team was mentored by Dr Ranjith Mohan, Assistant Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering.
- The researchers of IASST (Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology) have found an ‘endophytic Actinobacteria’ which can replace fertilizers & fungicides in tea plants. The IASST is located in which Indian City?
1) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Guwahati, Assam
4) Gangtok, Sikkim
5) Shimla, Himachal PradeshAnswer-3) Guwahati, Assam
Researchers team led by Dr. Debajit Thakur from Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology(IASST) Guwahati, an autonomous institute under Department of Science & Technology found endophytic Actinobacteria in relation to tea plants & related genera, Eurya to find potent plant growth-promoting strains.
- The Doctors from Oregon Health and Science Institute, Portland uses gene editing tool CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) technology to cure _________.
5) DiabetesAnswer-4) Blindness
The Doctors from Oregon Health and Science Institute, Portland uses gene editing tool CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats – tool for locating and cutting DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid) at a specific spot.) technology to cure blindness who have suffered from Leber congenital amaurosis (Blindness in early childhood).
- Name the Indian players who has won Bronze medal each in Singles section in Yonex Dutch Junior Internationals 2020 held at Netherlands.
1) Mansi Singh
2) Tasnim Mir
3) Saifi Rizka
4) Both 1) & 2)
5) Both 2) & 3)Answer-4) Both 1) & 2)
Young Indian badminton players Tasnim Mir (14) & Mansi Singh (14) have won historic bronze medal each in the girls’ singles section of the Yonex Dutch Junior International 2020 competition held at B.C. Duinwijck, in Haarlem, Netherlands from 26 February 2020 – March 1,2020.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Headquarters of World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) located at? Answer-Geneva, Switzerland
- What is the Capital and Currency of Ukraine? Answer-Capital – Kyiv & Currency – Hryvnia
- The Headquarters of SBI Life Insurance located at? Answer-Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Arif Mohammad Khan is the Governor of which Indian state (March 2020)? Answer-Kerala
- Where is the Headquarters of United National Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) located at? Answer-Geneva, Switzerland
- Agricultural Export Policy (AEP) aims to double the farmer’s income by ____. Answer-2022
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is the apex body under which Indian Ministry? Answer-Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), an apex body under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has signed Memorandum of Understandings with various organizations namely, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), Quality Council of India (QCI), Indian Chamber of Food and Agriculture(ICFA),Haryana based Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University(SGT) and Pearl Academy to boost the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors under Agri Export Policy(AEP).
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]