AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 7 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch ‘One Nation, One Card’ first of its kind scheme for transport mobility?
2) Kolkata,West Bengal
4) Chennai,Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ahmedabad,Gujarat
PM Modi launched ‘One Nation, One Card’ for transport mobility in Ahmedabad,Gujarat.It is first of this kind scheme in India.It will enable people to pay multiple kinds of transport charges including metro services and toll taxes across the country using National Common Mobility Card (NCMC). Indigenously developed NCMC is a merge of RuPay Card with the mobility card. As a result people can withdraw money using NCMC on RuPay card.
- Name the scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar,Gujarat,that will provide Rs.3000 monthly pension to the employees of unorganized sector after 60 years of age?
1) Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM)
2) Pradhan Mantri Jeeva Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
3) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
4) Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMSAGY)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1)Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM)
During the visit PM Modi launched PM Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It is a pension scheme specially for empowering the workers in unorganized sector.The scheme will provide Rs.3000 monthly pension to the employees of unorganized sector after 60 years of age. PM-SYM pension cards are distributed to select beneficiaries by the PM. The Government will bear the cost incurred by the Common Service Centre for enrolling a beneficiary. For enrollment, a form needs to be filled with Aadhaar number and bank details.
- Name the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System launched by PM Modi while inaugurating Phase I of the Ahmedabad Metro train service?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) SWAGAT
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched SWAGAT – the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) as part of the inaugural of Phase I of the Ahmedabad Metro.It is an initiative by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in collaboration with BEL and Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) with the support of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and State Bank of India (SBI) and in keeping with the spirit of Make in India, Digital India and Skill India.It is compliant with the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) ecosystem for hassle-free commute across India and has also received EMVCo certification by FIME Lab, France.It is the first indigenous system and the first ever outside the developed world and can operate across all cities and all modes of transport to make ‘One Nation – One Card’ a reality.It is designed and developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), a R&D organization of the Ministry of Electronics & IT.Features of SWAGAT: Mobility cum debit / credit card. It will be implemented across all modes of transport, be it Metro, Trains or Buses. Will work across all cities. Fare collection made simple, automatic, cashless and easy. Improves the efficiency of fare collection.
- Government of India launched a scheme “Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA)” for providing financial assistance for transport and marketing of agriculture products with a view to boost export of farm commodities to certain countries in Europe and which of the following continent?
3) North America
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) North America
On 6th March 2019, Government of India with a view to boost to export of farm commodities to certain countries in Europe and North America introduced a scheme for providing financial assistance for transport and marketing of agriculture products.The Government will reimburse a certain percentage of freight charges and provide assistance for marketing of agricultural produce under this transport and marketing assistance scheme.The scheme would be available for exports from March 1, 2019 to March 2020. As per the Ministry, the scheme would be applicable for a period as specified from time to time.The scheme covers freight including both normal and refrigerated cargo and marketing assistance for export by air as well as by sea.The assistance shall be admissible only if payments for the exports are received in free foreign exchange through normal banking channels.
- Chatra, Sahibganj and Hazaribagh districts topped in the NITI Aayog’s list of Aspirational districts for the period of December 2018-January 2019.These districts belong to which of the following State?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jharkhand
NITI Aayog’s list of aspirational districts for the period of December 2018-January 2019 has been topped by 3 districts of Jharkhand- Chatra, Sahibganj, and Hazaribagh. These districts are also said to have performed well in ‘health and nutrition’ parameters. This ranking was released by Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog. In terms of education, the top ranks were attained by Sonbhadra (Uttar Pradesh), Sahibganj (Jharkhand) and Chatra (Jharkhand).
- Where did Coal Minister Piyush Goyal,dedicate 1,000-megawatt (MW) thermal power project of Neyveli Tamil Nadu Power Ltd (NTPL)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Thoothukudi
Coal Minister Piyush Goyal dedicated to the nation a 1,000-megawatt (MW) thermal power project of Neyveli Tamil Nadu Power Ltd (NTPL) at Thoothukudi and a 150-MW solar power projects of NLC India Ltd (NLCIL) at Ramanathapuram and Virudhunagar districts in Tamil Nadu.The 1,000-MW coal-fired thermal power project of NTPL is a joint venture between NLCIL and TANGEDCO with an equity participation of 89:11.NLCIL has installed 591 MW of solar power and 51 MW of wind power plants in various parts of Tamil Nadu.2,980 MW of thermal power plant and 776.5 MW of solar power plants are under construction.
- According to the research by price comparison site cable.co.uk,which country offers cheapest mobile data in the world?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
On 6th March 2019, India has the cheapest mobile data in the world as per the research by price comparison site cable.co.uk. The global average was USD 8.53 for 1GB.Compared to global average of about Rs. 600, 1GB is costing just Rs. 18.5(USD 0.26) in India. In the same case countries like UK has USD 12.37 for the same amount of data.India is the second largest smartphone market in the world after China with over 4.30 million smartphone users. The study was based on 6313 mobile data plans in 230 countries.iii. India is followed by Kyrgyzstan with $0.27, Kazakhstan with $0.49, Ukraine with $0.51 and Rwanda with $0.56. For Indian market, researchers studied 57 plans which are available in the country from as low as Rs.1.41 to a maximum of Rs.98.83.
- Which of the following country,joined as the 124th member of the International Criminal Court (ICC) recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Malaysia
Malaysia became a member of the International Criminal Court (ICC), the world’s only permanent war crimes court which aims to prosecute the worst abuses when national courts are unable or unwilling. Malaysia is the 124th member of the court since its establishment in 2002.Its new government, which came to power in 2018, had vowed to join the ICC.
- According to the Knight Frank Report titled “The Wealth Report 2019”,which of the following city topped the list and became most expensive prime residential market in the world?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Manila,Philippines
According to a Knight Frank Report, Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra and the financial capital of India, has become the 16th most expensive prime residential market in the world and is the only Indian city to feature in the global top 20 list of expensive prime residential markets recorded in The Wealth Report 2019.In terms of the growth in prices of prime residential properties globally, Mumbai ranked 67th with 0.3% rise in prices in 2018.Delhi (55th) and Bengaluru (56th) did better than Mumbai with a 1.4% and 1.1% price appreciation, respectively.The Philippines’ capital Manila topped the global list with the highest price appreciation of 11.1% last year, followed by Edinburgh (Scotland) in second position with 10.6% rise.The German cities of Berlin and Munich took the third and fourth positions, respectively, followed by the Argentine capital Buenos Aires in fifth rank.Singapore was the only Asian city after Manila to feature in the top-ten list, with a price appreciation of 9.1%.
- In order to boost rural income across 13 states in India,which of the following bank will provide $250 million to National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP)?
1) State Bank of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Asian Development Bank
4) World Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) World Bank
In order to boost rural income across 13 states in India, World Bank shall provide $250 million support to the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP). The agreement was signed between the World Bank and Government of India. The Agreement was signed in New Delhi by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India. Key Points: i. The loan aims to help rural women entrepreneurs in setting up their businesses related to farm and non-farm products. ii. The loan has a 5-year grace period with a final maturity of 20 years. iii. National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) is an add-on to the National Rural Livelihoods Project (NRLP) worth $500-million, which was approved by the World Bank in July 2011. iv. The National Rural Livelihoods Project (NRLP) currently spans across 13 states, 162 districts and 575 blocks. It has integrated 8.8 million women from poor rural households into 7.5 lakh self-help groups (SHGs).
- World Bank has decided to provide a loan of Rs. 2200 crores ($328-million) to which of the following state government to improve the quality of healthcare?
1) Andhra Pradesh
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Andhra Pradesh
The World Bank has decided to provide a loan of Rs. 2200 crores ($328-million) to Andhra Pradesh for implementation of the AP Health Systems Strengthening Project (APHSSP). The loan agreement was signed between the Government of India, government of Andhra Pradesh and the World Bank.The agreement was signed by Bandana Preyashi, director, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance (GoI), Poonam Malakondaiah, Special Chief Secretary (Medical and Health, AP government) and Mohini Kak and Kari L Hurt, representatives of World Bank in India.The project aims to improve the quality of healthcare, availability and accessibility of primary health services to the majority population of the state.The quality of healthcare delivery will be enhanced through National Quality Assurance Standards (NQAS) certifications for Community Health Centres (CHCs) and Primary Health Centres (PHCs). It involves setting up of an integrated online patient management system and patient feedback system, functional e-subcentres will provide tele-consultations and non-communicable disease (NCD) management and screening at sub-centres (SCs) and PHCs.The loan has a six-year grace period and a maturity of 29 years and 6 months.
- National Housing Bank (NHB),subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed to increase the capital adequacy ratio (CAR) in a phased manner,on the Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) from 12% to ______% in 2022?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 15%
National Housing Bank (NHB), a mortgage sector regulator and a fully owned subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to impose stricter regulations on the Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) to prevent them from falling prey to liquidity and credit risks. Following proposals have been put forward:Increasing the capital adequacy ratio (CAR)of these companies from 12%to 15%, in a phased manner by 31st March 2022. This will be accomplished by increasing the minimum CAR to 13% by 31st March 2020, 14 % by 31st March 2021 and 15 % by 2022.Bringing down the public borrowings to 12 times of the Net Owned Fund (NOF) from the existing 16 times, by March 2022.Implementing graded reduction in the limit on the overall borrowings of Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) from 16 times of Net Owned Fund (NOF) to 14 times of Net Owned Fund (NOF) by 31st March 2020, 13 times of Net Owned Fund (NOF)by 31st March 2021 and 12 times of Net Owned Fund (NOF)by 31st March 2022.Capping the ceiling on public deposits at 3 times of the Net Owned Fund (NOF) of the Housing Finance Company (HFC).
- State Bank of India (SBI) along with which of the following payment service launched the SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd (SBIPSPL) for establishing a digital payments platform for India?
1) Razorpay payment service Pvt Ltd.
2) Zaak ePayment Services Pvt Ltd.
3) Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd.
4) Citrus Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd.
State Bank of India (SBI) and Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd, launched their merchant-acquiring joint venture, SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd (SBIPSPL), for establishing a digital payments platform for India and other countries in the region, in Mumbai. It will facilitate expansion of the digital payments landscape in India via its digital payments platform and offer innovative products to suit the requirements of all segments of merchants by leveraging the brand value and vast distribution network of SBI, and bring Artificial Intelligence and other technological capabilities of Hitachi to SBI Payment Services.SBI has a 74% stake in the joint venture and the balance 26% is with Hitachi Payment Services.
- According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE),unemployment rate in India rose to _____% in February 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 7.2%
The unemployment rate in India rose to 7.2% in February 2019, the highest since September 2016, and up from 5.9% in February 2018, according to data compiled by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).The number of employed persons in India was estimated at 400 million in February 2019 compared with 406 million last year.
- Which city bagged the cleanest city award for third straight year in Swachh Survekshan 2019 Awards in New Delhi?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indore
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Swachh Survekhshan 2019 Awards in New Delhi and appreciated those who are taking active part in cleanliness drive in the country.Indore bagged award for cleanest city for third straight year in Swachh Survekshan.New Delhi Municipal Council area gets cleanest small city award while Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged Best Ganga Town in the survey.Top ranked cities received a statue of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi as award for their work towards cleanliness.Swachh Survekshan 2019 covered all Urban Local Bodies in the country, making it the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
- Who will be conferred with Pritzker Architecture Prize 2019 Award,the highest international honour in the field of architecture?
1) Richard Rogers
2) Arata Isozaki
3) Renzo Piano
4) Frank Gehry
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Arata Isozaki
Japanese architect Arata Isozaki, who integrated the East and West in his creative designs has been honoured with Pritzker Architecture Prize 2019. This prize was incorporated in 1979 and is said to be the highest international honour in the field of architecture.The prize was announced by the jury of the Hyatt Foundation.He is the 8th Japanese to be honoured with this award.The award ceremony will be held in May, 2019 at the Chateau de Versailles in France.
- Name the person,who was declared as the youngest ever self-made billionaire by Forbes magazine recently?
1) Evan Spiegel
2) Katharina Andresen
3) Kylie Jenner
4) Gustav Magnar Witzoe
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kylie Jenner
Kylie Jenner was declared by Forbes magazine as the youngest ever self-made billionaire.The credit of this success goes to her company Kylie Cosmetics which introduced the popular Kylie Lip kit.She is 21 and holds the 2,057th position in whether her wealth was self-made or inherited.
- According to the Forbes World’s Billionaires list,who attained the top position in the list with USD 131 billion wealth?
1) Mark Zuckerberg
2) Warren Buffet
3) Bill Gates
4) Jeff Bezos
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jeff Bezos
Reliance Industries Chairman, Mukesh Ambani, jumped six positions to rank 13th on Forbes World’s Billionaires list with USD 50 billion wealth and leads 106 billionaires from India on the list where Wipro Chairman Azim Premji ranked 36th with USD 22.6 billion wealth. Last year, he was ranked 19th with USD 40.1 billion.The list was topped by Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and family with USD 131 billion wealth followed by Bill Gates (USD 96.5 bn) in the 2nd place and Warren Buffet (USD 82.5 bn) on the 3rd.Other Indians in the list include: Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Birla (122nd) Chairman and founder of the Adani Group Gautam Adani (167th) Bharti Airtel head Sunil Mittal (244th) co-founder of consumer goods giant Patanjali Ayurveda Acharya Balkrishna (365th) Piramal Enterprises Chair Ajay Piramal (436th) Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (617th) Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy (962nd) RCom chairman Reliance Anil Ambani (1349th).
- Who was conferred with the “Sulabh Sculpture Award” on the 49th Foundation Day of Sulabh International?
1) Vipul Mehta
2) Phani Bhushan Biswas
3) L. V. Revanth
4) L K Advani
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Phani Bhushan Biswas
Nonagenarian artist Phani Bhushan Biswas was awarded the Rs 10 lakh “Sulabh Sculpture Award” on the 49th Foundation Day of Sulabh International.He hails from the Sitamari district in Bihar, received the award from Sulabh International founder Bindeshwar Pathak.
- Name the Indian Air Force Wing Commander,who will be honoured with the first-ever ‘Bhagwan Mahavir Ahimsa Puraskar’?
1) Douglas Bader
2) Roland Beamont
3) Guy Gibson
4) Abhinandan Varthaman
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Abhinandan Varthaman
Indian Air Force Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman has been chosen for the first Bhagwan Mahavir Ahimsa Puraskar constituted by the Akhil Bharatiya Digambar Jain Mahasamiti. The award which carries a cash prize of Rs. 2.51 lakh, a memento and a citation will be presented to Abhinandan Varthaman on April 17 the Mahavir Jayanti.Abhinandan Varthaman, a wing-commander in the Indian Air Force shot into limelight in the ongoing bilateral tensions between Indian and Pakistan aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack.He was flying MiG-21 as a part of a sortie that was scrambled to intercept an intrusion by Pakistan Air craft. In the dogfight that followed, he crossed into Pakistan territory wherein he was struck by missiles. Later he ejected and descended safely at the village of Horran in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir around 7 km from Line of Control. He was captured by the Pakistan Military and was later handed over to India.
- Nobel Prize will be awarded twice this year for which of the following category?
1) Nobel Prize in Peace
2) Nobel Prize in Economics
3) Nobel Prize in Literature
4) Nobel Prize in Chemistry
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nobel Prize in Literature
The Swedish Academy has said that two Nobel Prizes for literature will be awarded this year. The decision comes after a sex scandal causing the suspension of the award last year. The Academy in a statement at Stockholm yesterday said the Nobel Prize in Literature will be awarded this autumn for both 2018 and 2019. The much-awaited award had to be postponed last year for the first time since 1949.
- Who was nominated as the Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) by President Ram Nath Kovind?
1) Sharad Arvind Bobde
2) N. V. Ramana
3) Arun Kumar Mishra
4) Rohinton Fali Nariman
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sharad Arvind Bobde
President Ram Nath Kovind has nominated Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde of the Supreme Court as Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority (NALSA). The post is currently held by Justice AK Sikri who is due to retire on 6th March.
- India has nominated NITI Aayog’s member Ramesh Chand for the post of Director General to which of the following organization?
1) World Trade Organization(WTO)
2) Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO)
3) International Labour Organization(ILO)
4) World Health Organization(WHO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO)
United Nations, India has nominated NITI Aayog member Ramesh Chand for the post of the new Food and Agriculture Organisation’s (FAO) Director-General and he will be facing candidates from China and three other countries.
- Name the first exoplanet discovered by NASA’s Kepler space telescope nearly 10 years ago,which was confirmed recently?
1) Proxima Centauri b
2) 55 Cancri e
3) Gliese 581c
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kepler-1658b
A decade after being found, the first exoplanet candidate spotted by the Kepler space telescope has been confirmed as a real world. The planet orbits a star initially dubbed KOI 4, for Kepler Object of Interest 4 (KOIs 1 through 3 were known before Kepler launched in March 2009). When the planet passed in front of the star, it blocked a bit of starlight from reaching Kepler in Earth’s orbit, alerting astronomers to the planet’s existence. After the findings were double checked by astronomers using ground-based telescopes, the star was renamed Kepler 1658, and the planet Kepler 1658b, adding the system to Kepler’s long list of discoveries.
- Google launched which of the following app to help children in India with reading, comprehension skills?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bolo
Google India has unveiled an app- Bolo which focuses on improving the reading and comprehension skills of students, especially the ones in rural areas. The Beta version of the app was launched after a pilot project with support from ASER centre was conducted in around 200 villages of Uttar Pradesh with a sample size of almost 900 students.Bolo has an in-built reading companion called ‘Diya’ whose primary task is to encourage, aid, explain and correct the users as they read aloud.It has been launched on the Google Play Store in India and has compatibility with all Android smartphones running on Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) and higher.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned former Cricket director Enock Ikope for a period of 10 years for the offence of breaching 3 ICC’s anti-corruption codes.He belongs to which of the following country?
4) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Zimbabwe
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned former Zimbabwe Cricket director Enock Ikope for a period of 10 years for the offence of breaching 3 ICC’s anti-corruption codes.In 2018, he had been suspended after being charged under ICC’s Article 2.4.6 and Article 2.4.7. These articles constitute offences like refusal in cooperation and delaying the investigation being conducted by the Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU).He is the second person from the Harare Metropolitan Cricket Association to be punished by the ICC, the first being Rajan Nayer who was banned from cricket for 20 years for his involvement in match fixing.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports recognises _______________ as National Sport Federation with immediate effect?
1) Badminton Association of India
2) Kudo International Federation India
3) Athletics Federation of India
4) Surfing Federation of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kudo International Federation India
Kudo International Federation India (KIFI) has been provisionally recognised as National Sport Federation by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. The recognition shall be granted if it complies with the provisions of National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 and displays information on the website according to the ministerial guidelines. The recognition would provide a major chance to KIFI Association for promoting and developing Kudo in India. The sport is placed in the ‘Others’ category.
- Jerry Merryman,one of three people at Texas Instruments (TI) passed away at the age of 86 years at Dallas, Texas.He is the co-inventor of which of the following device?
1) Punched Card Equipment
2) Systron Donner Analog Computer
3) Handheld Electronic Calculator
4) Olivetti Programma 101
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Handheld Electronic Calculator
Jerry Merryman, one of three people at Texas Instruments (TI) credited with inventing the world’s first handheld electronic calculator in 1960s, died at the age of 86 years at Dallas, Texas. He helped to develop the calculator while he was working at TI alongside James Van Tassel and his boss Jack Kilby, the co-creator of the first integrated circuit and Nobel Prize winner.The team filed a patent for the finished prototype in 1967 for the battery-powered product known as “Cal-Tech” which could fit in the palm of the hand and was capable of addition, multiplication, subtraction and division.
- Chief adviser of All India Matua Mahasangha Binapani Devi,popularly known as Boro Maa,died at the age of 100 years.She resides in which of the following state?
1) New Delhi
2) West Bengal
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) West Bengal
Binapani Devi, popularly known as Boro Maa, died at the age of 100 years, due to age-related ailments at the SSKM Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal.She headed the Matuas sect, a religious refugee community from Bangladesh and was the widow of Pramath Ranjan Thakur, great-grandson of Harichand Thakur who was the founder of Matua Mahasangha.Nearly 65-67% voters in Bongaon Lok Sabha seat belong to the Matua community and the sect holds sway with political parties ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
- When was Janaushadhi Diwas celebrated in India?
1) March 4
2) March 5
3) March 6
4) March 7
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) March 7
Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilisers, Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Mansukh Mandaviya, announced that March 7 will be observed as Janaushadhi Divas across India to create awareness and provide further impetus to the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) scheme.The government plans to have at least one PMBJP Kendra in each block by 2020.The scheme has led to total savings of approximately Rs.1000 crores for common citizens, as these medicines are cheaper by 50 to 90% of average market price.It is also providing a good source of self-employment with self-sustainable and regular earnings as average sales per store per month has grown to Rs 1.50 lakh.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chief Minister of Odisha?Naveen Patnaik
- What is the Capital and Currency of Malaysia?Capital – Kuala Lumpur and Currency – Ringgit
- Who is the President of Zimbabwe?Emmerson Mnangagwa
- Where is the headquarter of International Criminal Court (ICC) located?The Hague, Netherlands
- Who is the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI)?Ram Sewak Sharma