AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The 35th edition of Food and Hospitality fair ‘AAHAR 2020’ held at which Indian city?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
A 5-day-long 35th edition of the Food and Hospitality fair ‘AAHAR 2020’ has commenced in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal. This fair has been specially focused on promoting the agriculture-community as well as tourism sectors especially hospitality companies. The event is jointly organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) in partnership with the Agriculture and Processed Food Products Development Authority (APEDA), Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries and several apex industry associations.
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has sanctioned Rs 33 Crore financial assistant to Kaziranga Tiger Reserve, under Project Tiger scheme. The Kaziranga National Park is located in which Indian state?
4) Madhya Pradesh
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has notified that under the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA), a financial assistance of Rs 1.51 crore has been sanctioned to Kaziranga National Park in Kanchanjuri, Assam during the financial years 2018-19 and 2019-2020.For the financial years 2018-19 Rs 94,46,585 was sanctioned while Rs 51,24,670 was allocated for 2019-2020. Also under the Project Tiger scheme, Rs 33 crore was sanctioned to Kaziranga Tiger Reserve, which includes Kaziranga National Park.
- As per Ministry of Personnel, Public grievance and Pensions (MoPP&P), the fine for false complaint under Lokpal extends upto Rs___________.
2) 10 Lakh
3) 5 Lakh
4) 1 Lakh
5) 15 Lakh
Answer-4) 1 Lakh
The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (MoPP&P) has issued a format for filing complaints of corruption against public servants with the Lokpal or anti-corruption ombudsman under Lokpal (Complaint) Rules, 2020. The Lokpal rules has been laid down under the Section 59 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013. Any false and vexatious complaint is punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year and with fine which may extend to Rs 1 Lakh.
- Name the airline company which could be 1st in India to provide in-flight Wi-Fi facilities to its passengers (March 2020).
The central government has approved airlines companies operating in India to provide in-flight wi-fi services to its passengers upon permission from the pilot-in-command. However, while using Wi-Fi, the passengers’ gadgets must be on flight mode. According to the Vistara CEO Leslie Thng, the first Boeing 787-9 aircraft would be the first aircraft to provide Wi-Fi during flight in India.
- Name the Indian state which has launched “Mukhya Mantri Visesh Chhatra Vriti Yojana” to provide universal scholarship for students enrolled in government schools from Class I to XII.
5) Madhya Pradesh
Jharkhand Finance Minister Rameshwar Oraon presented Rs 86,370 crore budget for financial year 2020-21 in the State assembly. The budget estimated revenue expenditure of Rs 73,315.94 crore & capital expenditure of Rs 13,054.06 crore. Rs 30 crore earmarked under the “Mukhya Mantri Visesh Chhatra Vriti Yojana” (Chief Ministers Special Students Scholarship) to provide universal scholarship for students enrolled in government schools from Class I to XII.
- Name the Indian state which has decided to provide Rs. 900 as monthly grant for the farmers who adopts a stray cattle.
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-4) Uttar Pradesh
According to the Uttar Pradesh (UP) Chief Minister(CM) Yogi Adityanath, the state government has decided to provide monthly grant of Rs 900 to those farmers who will keep stray cattle at their houses.
- Name the country which becomes first nation in the world to make all the public transport free from 29 February, 2020.
Luxembourg, the 7th smallest country in Europe, has become the 1st country in the world to make public transport free from February 29, 2020 inorder to reduce traffic pressure on the road.
- Find the country which assumes the presidency of United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for the month of March 2020, to promote solidarity and cooperation.
China has taken over as president of the United Nations (UN) Security Council for the month of March 2020, to promote solidarity and cooperation. The council’s presidency rotates every month among its 15 members. China takes the presidency from Belgium and Dominican Republic will take over the Presidency from China on April, 2020.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has granted Rs. ________ in the Rural Banking system during the fiscal year 2020.
1) 2.32 Lakh crore
2) 1.21 Lakh crore
3) 1.46 Lakh crore
4) 1.12 Lakh crore
5) 1.64 Lakh crore
Answer-3) 1.46 Lakh crore
According to the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), an Apex Development Financial Institution in India, it has granted Rs 1.46 lakh crore in the rural banking system during the current fiscal-FY (2019-20) with the aim to help them get their resources effectively for handling the credit needs of rural people, including farmers.
- According to the Ministry of Finance data, more than ____% of account holders under the Stand Up India scheme are women (as on 17 Feb 2020).
The Ministry of Finance has released figures related to various schemes having special provisions for empowerment of women. As per the data, more than 81% account holders under Stand Up India Scheme are women (As on 17 Feb 2020).
- According to the Ministry of Finance data, ____% of enrollers under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) are women (as on 31 Jan 2020).
The Ministry of Finance has released figures related to various schemes having special provisions for the empowerment of women. As on 31.01.2020, under PMJJBY, 40.70% enrollments are of women members and 58.21% of claim beneficiaries are women. 1,91,96,805 females have enrolled out of a total of 4,71,71,568 enrollments. 95,508 claims have been paid to female beneficiaries out of a total of 1,69,216 claims paid.
- The National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) has signed pact with i-TIC of IIT Hyderabad to support deep tech start-ups. The Headquarters of NMDC located at?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Trivandrum, Kerala
Answer-3) Hyderabad, Telangana
National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Limited & i-TIC foundation the Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of IIT Hyderabad signed an agreement to support start-ups through a joint incubation program through NMDC Innovation & Incubation Centre (NICE) to promote the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. The Headquarters of NMDC located at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Find the person who replaced Rajiv Kumar as the new Finance Secretary of India.
1) Atanu Chakraborty
2) Debasish Panda
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) T V Somanathan
5) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
Answer-5) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has approved the appointment of Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the new Finance Secretary in Ministry of Finance. He will succeed current Rajiv Kumar, who has retired in February 2020.
- Sanjay Kumar Panda has been appointed as the India’s Ambassador to Turkey. What is the Capital and Currency of Turkey?
1) Yerevan & Manat
2) Ankara & lira
3) Baku & Dram
4) Yerevan & lira
5) Ankara & Dram
Answer-2) Ankara & lira
The Ministry of External Affairs announced Senior diplomat Sanjay Kumar Panda has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Turkey. He succeeds Sanjay Bhattacharya. Turkey’ capital – Ankara & Currency – Turkish lira.
- Name the person who has been named as the 128th winner of Commonwealth points of light award.
1) Sumaira Abdulali
2) Kinkri Devi
3) Chandi Prasad Bhatt
4) Jadav Payeng
5) Sunderlal Bahuguna
Answer-4) Jadav Payeng
Jadav Payeng, an environmental activist of Assam also known as the “Forest man of India” named as 128th winner of Commonwealth Points of Light Award. He earned the name Forest man of India by spending 30 years of his life planting trees. He was honored by the Head of Common Wealth the Queen Elizabeth II for his exceptional volunteer service in environmental conservation.
- Name the people who has been honoured with the Pritzker Architecture prize 2020 (Architecture’s Nobel) sponsored by Hyatt Foundation.
1) Yvonne Farrell
2) Shelley McNamara
3) Arata Isozaki
4) Both 1) & 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) & 2)
Chairman of The Hyatt Foundation Tom Pritzker announced Yvonne Farrell (69) and Shelley McNamara (68) as the winners of Pritzker Architecture prize 2020. It is the 1st time an Irish citizen & a female combination won the prize. It is an annual award sponsored by Hyatt foundation is regarded as the profession’s highest award. The Pritzker Architecture Prize is founded by Jay A. Pritzker & his wife Cindy. It is often referred to as “architecture’s Nobel” & “the profession’s highest honor.”
- As per US based Global Financial Integrity’s (GFI) report titled ‘Trade-Related Illicit Financial Flows in 135 Developing Countries: 2008-2017’, what is India’s rank in the list of Illicit financial flow for the year 2017?
In accordance with the report titled “Trade-Related Illicit Financial Flows in 135 Developing Countries: 2008-2017” by US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI), India has the third-highest trade-related illicit financial flow with 83.5 billion among over 135 countries in 2017 while China has topped the report with USD 457.7 billion.
Table showing Top 5 Largest Value Gaps Identified in 135 Developing Countries’ Trade with all Global Trade Partners in 2017:
Rank Country Amount (USD) 1 China 457.7 billion 2 Mexico 85.3 billion 3 India 83.5 billion 4 Russia 74.8 billion 5 Poland 66.3 billion
- As per US based Global Financial Integrity’s (GFI) report titled ‘Trade-Related Illicit Financial Flows in 135 Developing Countries: 2008-2017’, what is India’s rank in the list of Illicit financial flow over the years (2008-2017) as average?
In accordance with the report titled “Trade-Related Illicit Financial Flows in 135 Developing Countries: 2008-2017” by US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI), As an average of 2008-2017, India ranked fourth among 135 countries and China stood at first.
The Top 5 Largest Value Gaps Identified in 135 Developing Countries’ Trade with all Global Trade Partners as Averages over 2008-2017:
Rank Country Amount (USD) 1 China 482.4 billion 2 Russia 92.6 billion 3 Mexico 81.5 billion 4 India 78.0 billion 5 Malaysia 64.1 billion
- Name the Navaratna enterprise (PSU) which gets approval from National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to acquire Jaypee Infratech.
1) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
2) Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
3) National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
4) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
5) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
Answer-3) National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the acquisition of debt-ridden Jaypee Infratech Ltd (JIL) by NBCC (India) Limited (formerly National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited). The Principal Bench headed by Acting President B S V Prakash Kumar approved the resolution plan submitted by NBCC.
- Name the food delivery business company which was acquired by Zomato for $206 million.
According to the Uber ‘s recent regulatory filings, Zomato, an Indian restaurant aggregator and food delivery startup has acquired Uber’s food delivery business in India, Uber Eats for $206 million, where the investment was priced at $171 million, the balance $35 million was received as a reimbursement of goods and services tax (GST) receivable from Zomato.
- Name the Indian cricketer who has become No.1 Batswomen in latest International Cricket Council’s (ICC) T20I ranking 2020 (as on 4th March 2020).
1) Poonam Yadav
2) Shafali Verma
3) Mithali Raj
4) Smriti Mandhana
5) Jemimah Rodriques
Answer-2) Shafali Verma
According to the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20I (Twenty-twenty International) rankings 2020 for Women players, the 16-year-old Indian opener Shafali Verma climbed 19 places to reach the top with 761 points. She replaced New Zealand’s Suzie Bates down a notch, who now have 750 points.
Here’s the list of top3 & Indian players in ICC T20 ranking 2020:
Rank Batting Bowling All-rounder 1 Shafali Verma (India) Sophie Ecclestone (England) Sophie Frances Monique Devine (New Zealand ) 2 Suzannah Wilson “Suzie” Bates (New Zealand ) Megan Schutt (Australia) Ellyse Alexandra Perry ( Australia) 3 Bethany Louise Mooney (Australia) Shabnim Ismail (South Africa) Natalie sciver (England) Rank of Indian players Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana-6h
Deepti Bhagwan Sharma-5th
Radha Prakash Yadav-7th
Deepti Bhagwan Sharma-7th
- The Theme for National Safety Day 2020 (49th edition) is “Enhance Health & Safety Performance by Use of Advanced Technology “. The National Safety Day is observed annually on _______.
1) March 18
2) April 2
3) March 4
4) February 28
5) January 9
Answer-3) March 4
The National safety day is observed every year on 4th March. This year 2020 will be celebrated as the 49th National Safety day organized by the National Safety Council (NSC). The National safety day is celebrated throughout the country to reiterate the importance of safety and create awareness throughout the country. The Theme of National Safety day 2020 is “Enhance Health & Safety Performance by Use of Advanced Technology “.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- River Majuli is located in which Indian state?
Majuli is the world’s largest river Island.
- Jyothi Surekha is related to which sports?
International archer from Andhra Pradesh, Vennam Jyothi Surekha has created new national records in the world cup selection trials conducted in Haryana.
- Jim Corbett National park located in which Indian state?
- Under Which act Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFC) registered in India?
Answer-Companies Act, 1956
A Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 and to perform Banking operations it should be registered in RBI under Section 45-IA of the RBI Act, 1934 (It should have a minimum net owned fund of Rs. 200 lakh).
- Who is the 1st Chairperson and present of Lokpal?
Answer-Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose
- What are the products of Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) scheme?
Answer-‘Shishu’, ‘Kishore’ and ‘Tarun’
The the primary product of PM Narendra Modi’s Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana will be providing refinance for lending to micro businesses/units (medium and small entrepreneurs). The initial products and schemes under this umbrella have already been created and the interventions have been named ‘Shishu’, ‘Kishor’ and ‘Tarun’.
1. Shishu: covering loans up to Rs 50,000
2. Kishor: covering loans above Rs 50,000 and up to Rs. 5 lakh
3. Tarun: covering loans above Rs 5 lakh and up to Rs. 10 lakh
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]