AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 29 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The recent amendment of National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill made the punishment severe for any unauthorised practice of medicine by including a provision for imprisonment of up to one year along with a fine extending up to_____________?
1. Rs 2 lakh
2. Rs 3 lakh
3. Rs 5 lakh
4. Rs 8 lakh
5. Rs 10 lakhAnswer – 3. Rs 5 lakh
Union cabinet has approved certain amendments to the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill. NMC is expected to replace the much criticised Medical Council of India. Punishment for any unauthorised practice of medicine has been made severe by including a provision for imprisonment of up to one year along with a fine extending up to Rs 5 lakh. Besides, a bridge course for AYUSH practitioners that would have allowed them to prescribe allopathic medicines has also been scrapped. Final MBBS examination would be held as a common exam throughout India and would serve as an exit test to be called the National Exit Test (NEXT). These amendments are based on recommendations made by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare.
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved MoU between India and Zambia in the field of ______________?
1. Combating International Criminality
2. Judicial Cooperation
3. Intellectual Property Rights
4. Innovation, Creativity and Economic growth
5. Farming and AgricultureAnswer – 2. Judicial Cooperation
On March 28, 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved following bilateral agreements between India and Zambia. This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will strengthen relations between India and Zambia and add new dimensions in the field of judicial reforms. It is to be noted that social, cultural and commercial relations between India and Zambia have developed in the positive direction during recent years.
- To develop a green corridor in which Indian city, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has tied up with Airports Authority of India (AAI)?
5. VaranasiAnswer – 5. Varanasi
On 28th March 2018, the government announced that, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has tied up with Airports Authority of India (AAI) to develop a green corridor covering 16.55 km in Varanasi. On 28th March 2018, a MoU was signed by NHAI and AAI for the construction of a green corridor along Varanasi Bypass covering 16.55 km of NH 56 and NH 29. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said that, AAI would provide funds worth Rs 5 crore for plantations and maintenance work under their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) funds for 5 years. The NHAI and AAI have joined hands under “Adopt a Green Highway Programme” as a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of AAI. It is a step taken by Green Highways Division of NHAI to involve corporates, public sector units, governmental organisations and institutions under CSR and public private partnership for creating green corridor along National Highways.
- In which state, Greentech Mega Food Park was inaugurated at a cost of Rs 113.57 crore?
1. Tamil Nadu
4. West Bengal
5. BiharAnswer – 2. Rajasthan
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Rajasthan’s first mega food park M/s Greentech Mega Food Park Private Ltd, at Roopangarh Village in Ajmer, Rajasthan. The Greentech Mega Food Park has been established at a cost of Rs 113.57 crore. It will benefit nearly 25,000 farmers in that region. The park has been constructed in an area of 85.44 acres. It has central processing centre and 4 Primary Processing Centres (PPCs) at Jaipur, Nagaur, Tonk and Churu. The park will have facilities for primary processing and storage near the farms. The Central Processing Centre (CPC) will have facilities like Cold Storage, Deep Freeze, Dry Warehouse for Raw Materials, Dry Warehouse for Finished Goods, Pack House, Steam Generator etc. She said that the Park will offer direct and indirect employment to over 5,000 persons.
- India has increased its annual contribution to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) from $1.5 million to _______ for a period of 3 years from 2018-19?
1. $3 million
2. $5 million
3. $10 million
4. $15 million
5. $25 millionAnswer – 2. $5 million
On 28th March 2018, the External Affairs Ministry announced that, India has increased its annual contribution to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) from $1.5 million to $5 million for a period of 3 years from 2018-19. This announcement was made by India at the extraordinary Ministerial Conference held in Rome on 15th March 2018. India has increased its annual contribution due to the unexpected financial crisis being faced by UNRWA. It is said that the, four-time increase in India’s contribution is based on External Affairs Ministry’s commitment to increase support to UNRWA at the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Ministerial meeting held at Palestine on 19th September 2017. It is also a part of India’s increased engagement with Palestine, especially after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Palestine on 10th February 2018.
- To mark the 350th Birth Anniversary of whom, RBI will soon roll out limited edition coins of Rs 350 denomination?
1. Swami Vivekananda
2. Ramana Maharishi
3. Sri Aurobindo
4. Shri Guru Gobind Singh
5. Rabindranath TagoreAnswer – 4. Shri Guru Gobind Singh
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon roll out limited edition coins of Rs 350 denomination to mark the 350th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Circumference of the coin will be 44 millimetres and the weight of the coin could vary from 34.65 grams to 35.35 grams. It will be made up of Quaternary Alloy – Silver (50 per cent), Copper (40 per cent), Nickel (5 per cent) and Zinc (5 per cent). The front face of the coin shall bear the Lion Capitol of Ashoka Pillar in the centre with the legend “Satyamev Jayate” inscribed below. Lion Capital on the front face will be flanked by word “Bharat” in the Devanagari script on the left and word “INDIA” in English on the right periphery. The front face shall also bear the Rupee symbol and denominational value “350” in International Numerals below the Lion Capitol.
- Name the committee appointed by SEBI to recommend on the Corporate Governance?
1. Umesh Sinha Committee
2. JK Government Committee
3. Uday Kotak Committee
4. Inter Ministerial Committee
5. CABE Sub-CommitteeAnswer – 3. Uday Kotak Committee
On 28th March 2018, SEBI accepted most of the recommendations of Uday Kotak Committee on Corporate Governance. SEBI accepted 40 recommendations out of the 80 odd recommendations proposed by the Uday Kotak committee. Nearly 18 suggestions were rejected, such as sharing information with promoters and significant shareholders, an increase in the number of independent directors on board, minimum compensation to independent directors and more board meetings. The SEBI committee was formed to review corporate governance rules in June 2017. It is headed by Uday Kotak and has 21 members. The committee submitted its report on 5th October 2017. The committee had suggested the implementation of its proposals in phases
- Which company has acquired Tenor, a GIF search engine for Android, iOS and desktop?
5. SamsungAnswer – 4. Google
Google has acquired Tenor, a GIF search engine for Android, iOS and desktop. Cathy Edwards, Director of Engineering, Google Images, said that, Tenor would introduce GIFs in Google Images and services like Gboard easily. It will help users to find and share GIF images easily. It is said that, Tenor would continue to operate as a separate brand. Google did not reveal the amount for which it acquired Tenor. Tenor said that, its founders David McIntosh, Erick Hachenburg and Frank Nawabi will continue to lead the company.
- Who was appointed the new Director General Border Roads (DGBR)?
1. Lt Gen Ranjit Das
2. Lt Gen Harpal Singh
3. Lt Gen Rajesh Verma
4. Lt Gen B R Sharma
5. Lt Gen Bhushan VikasAnswer – 2. Lt Gen Harpal Singh
On 28th March 2018, Lt Gen Harpal Singh was appointed as Director General Border Roads (DGBR). In 1982, Lt Gen Harpal Singh was commissioned into the Corps of Engineers. Later, he commanded a Border Roads Task Force in Jammu & Kashmir valley. He has worked as Chief Engineer of Project Dantak (Border Roads Organisation) at Bhutan, Chief Engineer (Navy), Mumbai and Chief Engineer HQ Eastern Command. He has served as Directing Staff at the College of Defence Management, Secunderabad. Before taking charge as Director General Border Roads (DGBR) he was Director General Military Training at Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army).
- Name the Director, who has been appointed the chairman of the central panel of the 65th National Film Awards?
1. Shekhar Kapur
2. P Sheshadri
3. Rahul Rawail
4. Tripurari Sharma
5. Rumi JafferyAnswer – 1. Shekhar Kapur
Director Shekhar Kapur has been appointed as the chairman of the central panel of the 65th National Film Awards. The central panel of 65th National Film Awards consists of a chairperson and 10 other members which includes five regional chairpersons.
- Abiye Ahmed was elected as the new prime minister of which country?
5. SudanAnswer – 3. Ethiopia
On 27th March 2018, Abiye Ahmed was elected as the new prime minister of Ethiopia. Abiye Ahmed has been elected as prime minister of Ethiopia following the resignation of Hailemariam Desalegn last month. The council of the Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) elected Abiye Ahmed as chairperson to succeed Hailemariam Desalegn. This automatically made Abiye Ahmed as the prime minister of Ethiopia. He is 41 years old. He joined the House of Representatives in 2010. Earlier, he was a lieutenant colonel in the Ethiopian National Defense Force.
- Name the first female UN Political Chief?
1. Rosemary DiCarlo
2. Sarah Palin
3. Tammy Baldwin
4. Carol Moseley
5. Barbara MikulskiAnswer – 1. Rosemary DiCarlo
On 29th March 2018, Rosemary DiCarlo was named UN Political Chief, becoming the first female UN Political Chief. Rosemary DiCarlo replaces Jeffrey Feltman. Rosemary DiCarlo is a former deputy US ambassador to the United Nations. She was also deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs and director for United Nations affairs at the national security council in Washington. She has been the president of the National Committee on American Foreign Policy since 2015. Her areas of expertise are Russia, former Soviet Union and the Middle East. She speaks Russian and French.
- Name the famous lyricist and film director who was selected for the J C Daniel award?
1. Krishnan Nair
2. Mankada Reviverma
3. Sreekumaran Thampi
4. Sethu Madhavan
5. Jose PrakashAnswer – 3. Sreekumaran Thampi
On 28th March 2018, lyricist and film director Sreekumaran Thampi was selected for the J C Daniel award. J C Daniel Award is Kerala’s highest award for contributions to Malayalam cinema. The award consists of Rs 5 lakh cash prize, citation and statuette. Kerala Culture minister A K Balan said that, J C Daniel Award will be given to Sreekumaran Thampi at the Kerala State film awards function at Kollam, Kerala. The award committee consisted of actor Madhu, director Sathyan Anthikkad, Chalachitra Academy chairman, Kamal and Cultural secretary, Rani George. Sreekumaran Thampi entered Malayalam film industry in 1966. He has produced 25 films, directed 29 films, and scripted 85 films in Malayalam. He has also written thousands of songs.
- On March 29, 2018, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-6A on board Geosynchronous rocket GSLV-F08 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. What is the mission life period of GSAT-6A satellite?
1. 5 years
2. 10 years
3. 15 years
4. 20 years
5. 25 yearsAnswer – 2. 10 years
On March 29, 2018, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-6A on board Geosynchronous rocket GSLV-F08 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.ISRO said that the GSAT-6A was similar to the GSAT-6 put into orbit in 2015. It is a high power S-band communication satellite built on I-2K satellite bus. GSAT-6A weighs 2140 kg and has mission life of 10 years. It has a six-metre wide antenna that would unfurl once it is in space. It will provide mobile communication to India through, multi-beam coverage facility.
- Name the hot, metallic, Earth-sized planet recently discovered by the scientists, that orbits a dwarf star located 260 million light years away?
5. K1-229bAnswer – 2. K2-229b
Scientists have discovered a hot, metallic, Earth-sized planet named “K2-229b” that orbits a dwarf star located 260 million light years away. K2-229b is nearly 20 % larger in size than Earth and has a mass which is nearly two-and-a-half times greater. Its day side temperature is more than 2000 degrees Celsius. It is located very close to its host star 0.012 AU. This distance is nearly a hundredth of the distance between the Earth and the Sun. 0.012 AU is a medium-sized active K dwarf in the Virgo Constellation. K2-229b orbits the star every 14 hours. Researchers from Aix-Marseille Universite in France and the University of Warwick in the UK utilized the K2 telescope and used Doppler spectroscopy technique to discover K2-229b.
- Which state hosted the 17th Sub-junior National Wushu Championship 2018?
3. Jammu and Kashmir
5. Himachal PradeshAnswer – 3. Jammu and Kashmir
On 29th March 2018, 17th Sub-junior National Wushu Championship started in Jammu. 17th Sub-junior National Wushu Championship is conducted for 4 days. It is organised by the the Wushu Association of India jointly with J&K State Sports Council at MA Stadium. The championship was inaugurated by J&K Youth Services and Sports Minister Imran Raza Ansari at a ceremony at Police auditorium, Jammu. Around 37 teams are taking part in the championship. It includes more than 1000 boys and girls from all over India and 12 boys from Army.
- Name the Indian who won gold medal in the Women’s 25m Pistol event at the ISSF Junior World Cup in Sydney, Australia?
1. Arunima Gaur
2. Tanu Rawal
3. Mahima Turhi Agrawal
4. Muskan Bhanwala
5. Devanshi RanaAnswer – 4. Muskan Bhanwala
On 28th March 2018, Muskan Bhanwala won gold medal in the Women’s 25m Pistol event at the ISSF Junior World Cup in Sydney, Australia.Women’s 25m Pistol event: Muskan Bhanwala is 16 years old. She scored 35 hits and won gold medal in the Women’s 25m Pistol event. This is India’s fourth individual gold medal at the ISSF Junior World Cup. China’s Sihang Qin scored 34 hits and bagged the silver medal. Thailand’s Kanyakorn Hirunphoem scored 26 hits and won bronze medal. Another Indian shooter Manu Bhaker finished in the fourth position with 18 hits.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Moti Bagh Cricket Stadium is located at?Baroda, Gujarat
- Karakoram Wildlife Sanctuary is in which state?Jammu & Kashmir
- Who is the chairman of ISRO?Dr. K. Sivan
- Pillur Dam is built in which river?Bhavani River
- Name the Official language of Ethiopia?Amharic