AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian state which celebrates ‘Hola Mohalla’ festival annually.
2) Madhya Pradesh
‘Hola Mohalla’ is the annual Sikh festival celebrated on the following day of the festival Holi at Sri Anandpur Sahib, Punjab. The festival will be celebrated for 3 days from March 10 to 12, 2020. The festival aims to physically strengthen the Sikh community by holding acrobatic military exercises and mock battles.
- Name the Technological company, which unveils ‘DigiPivot’ an 18-week long skill development Programme for women.
1) Facebook India
2) Google India
3) Twitter India
4) Youtube India
5) Yahoo India
Answer-2) Google India
Google India has launched a skilling Programme for women called ‘DigiPivot’, a skill development Programme designed for women who are looking to return to their corporate career after a break or simply planning to make mid-career shifts to digital marketing. The skilling Programme has been developed jointly in partnership with a career portal service –Avtar & and the Indian School of Business (ISB).
- Name the Indian state which launched the ‘Mission Bhagiratha’ to ensure the safe drinking water for every village and city households in the State.
5) Andhra Pradesh
In order to prevent water scarcity and increase preparedness for summer, Mission Bhagiratha monitoring cell was opened by Superintending Engineer of Mission Bhagiratha (Bhongir Circle, Telangana). The main aim of the mission is to ensure safe and sustainable PIPED drinking water supply from surface water sources.
- Name the Indian Company which set to build logistics base in 4 countries (Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Sri Lanka) as a purpose to sell helicopters manufactured in India.
1) Indian Rotorcraft
2) Raj Hamsa Ultralights
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation
4) Mahindra Aerospace
5) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Answer-5) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company, is exploring possibilities to build a logistics base in 4 countries (Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Sri Lanka) as part of its efforts to entice those nations to buy Tejas and light helicopters manufactured in India.
- As per the Government Data, India’s thermal coal imports rise by ____% to 197.84 million tonnes for the year 2019.
In accordance with the government data, in 2019, India’s thermal coal imports rose 12.6% to 197.84 million tonnes stating a consecutive 2nd year growth despite attempts to cut imports.
- With which Country the Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL) have signed MoU for participation in Ministry of External Affairs’ e-VidyaBharati and e-ArogyaBharati Network Project.
Telecommunications consultants India Limited (TCIS) under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Gambia. This MoU is signed for the participation in (Ministry of External Affairs) MEA’s (eVBAB) e-VidyaBharati and e-ArogyaBharati Network Project for tele-medicine and tele-education in Africa. Gambia remains the 16th country to participate in this e-Network project.
- Surjeet Singh Deswal the Director General of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has been given additional charge as Director General of ________.
1) Border Security Force (BSF)
2) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
3) Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
4) National Security Guard (NSG)
5) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
Answer-1) Border Security Force (BSF)
Surjeet Singh Deswal the Director General Indo Tibetan Border Police(ITBP) was given an additional charge by the Ministry of Home Affairs to serve as a Director General of Border Security Force(BSF).
- Name the person who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Washington Apples (January 2020).
1) Priyanka Chopra
2) Disha Patani
3) Sanjeev Kapoor
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-5) Both 2) and 3)
The Washington Apple Commission appoints Actor Disha Patani & celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor as brand ambassadors in India & the Commission launched a campaign called #WashingtonApplesKuchKhaasHai featuring its brand ambassadors. India is a key market for Washington apples.
Other Brand Ambassadors – Harbhajan Singh for Brune & Bareskin (Leather accessory brand) & PV Sindhu for Andhra Pradesh government’s anti-graft helpline or anti-corruption helpline– 14400.
- Indian mountaineer Bhawna Dehariya climbs the highest mountain peak of Australia. She belongs to which Indian state?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-5) Madhya Pradesh
Indian Mountaineer Bhawna Dehariya hails from Madhya Pradesh (MP) has successfully scaled Mount Kosciuszko [2, 228 meters], the highest mountain peak in Australia on the occasion of Holi.
- Name the person who has won the BBC Indian sportswoman of the year award 2019.
1) PV Sindhu
2) Mary Kom
3) Vinesh Phogat
4) Manasi Joshi
5) Dutee Chand
Answer-1) PV Sindhu
Pusarla Venkata Sindhu has won the inaugural BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) Indian Sportswoman of the year award 2019 in the BBC award ceremony held in New Delhi. In 2019, Sindhu became the first Indian to win badminton World Championship gold in Basel, Switzerland and she also has 5 world championship medals.
- Who has won the Lifetime Achievement award in BBC award ceremony held in New Delhi (March 2020)?
1) Mary Kom
2) PT Usha
3) Tania Sachdev
4) Sania Mirza
5) Mithali Raj
Answer-2) PT Usha
The former sprinter from India Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha (popularly known as PT Usha) was awarded with Lifetime Achievement award for her contribution to Indian sports & inspiring generations of players in the BBC award ceremony was held in New Delhi. The Indian Olympics Association also named PT Usha as “Best Sportswoman of the Century” and she has won 100 international medals and awards during her career.
- Name the person who has been awarded with ‘Best Citizens of India’ gold medal award which was given by Global Economic Progress and Research Association (GEPRA) in March 2020.
1) Shyamal Kumar Kundu
2) Prem Nath
3) H. Shivanna
4) Jaimanti Bakshi
5) K. Swami Durai
Answer-4) Jaimanti Bakshi
Dr Jaimanti Bakshi, Professor & Unit Head II, Department of Otolaryngology and Head Neck surgery at PGIMER (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research), Chandigarh was awarded with “Best Citizens of India”. The award was given by “GEPRA” (Global Economic Progress and Research Association) during the National Unity conference held in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN).
- Name the person, who has won the BBC’s poll for ‘Greatest Leader of All Time’ (March 2020).
1) Amílcar Cabral
2) Winston Churchill
3) Karl Marx
4) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
5) Abraham Lincoln
Answer-4) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
Maharaja Ranjit Singh was named the “Greatest Leader of All Time” in a poll conducted by ‘BBC World Histories Magazine’, who is the 19th century ruler of the Sikh Empire in India, has beaten competition from around the world. African Independence Fighter Amílcar Cabral spots second, which is followed by Britain’s war-time Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
- Name the Indian airport which along with Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport won 2019 Awards for Best Airport by Size and Region in the category of ‘Over 40 million passengers’ for the Asia-Pacific region.
1) Jewar Airport, Uttar Pradesh
2) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
3) Bhogapuram Airport, Andhra Pradesh
4) Agatti Airport, Lakshadweep
5) Dabolim Airport, Goa
Answer-2) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
Along with Delhi Airport (Indira Gandhi International Airport), Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM) in Mumbai won 2019 awards for Best Airport by Size and Region in the category of ‘Over 40 million passengers’ for Asia-Pacific region in the Airport Service Quality Programme (ASQ) 2019 rankings.
In 25-40 MPPA – Kempegowda International Airport (BLR) in Bengaluru bagged the award.
In 15-25 MPPA – Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (HYD) in Hyderabad bagged the award.
In 5-15 MPPA – Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport (LKO) in Lucknow and Cochin International Airport (COK) received awards.
In 2-5 MPPA – Chandigarh International Airport (IXC), Mangalore International Airport (IXE), and Trivandrum International Airport (TRV) in Thiruvananthapuram got awards.
MPPA – Million Passengers Per Annum.
- Name the organization which organized the 1st edition of “EKAM (Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Awareness, Marketing) fest” between March 2 – 9, 2020 in New Delhi.
1) National Entrepreneurship Development Commission (NEDC)
2) National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC)
3) National Marketing Finance Commission (NMFC)
4) National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
5) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)
Answer-2) National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC)
The first edition of “EKAM Fest” organized by National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) under Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment held New Delhi between March 2-9, 2020. It was inaugurated by Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot. EKAM, an acronym for Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Awareness, Marketing, was aimed to showcase products made with extra ordinary determination by the divyang (differently-abled) crafts persons and entrepreneurs.
- The Government of India (GoI) has set up a committee on ‘Kisan Rail’ for a cold supply chain to transport perishable goods. The Committee will be formed under which Indian ministry?
1) Ministry of Railways
2) Ministry of Human Resource Development
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5) Ministry of Agriculture
Answer-5) Ministry of Agriculture
The government has formed a committee under the Ministry of Agriculture which also includes representatives of the Indian Railways to work out the modalities of ‘Kisan Rail’. During the FY 2020-21 budget, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman proposed to set up Kisan Rail through the public-private-partnership (PPP) mode for a cold supply chain to transport perishable goods.
- Name the person who has become the Asia’s richest person as per ‘Bloomberg Billionaires Index’ (as on March 10, 2020).
1) Azim Premji
2) Mukesh Ambani
3) Qin Yinglin
4) Jack Ma
5) Pony Ma
Answer-4) Jack Ma
As per Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Founder Jack Ma has grabbed the title of Asia’s richest man (18th overall) with a net worth at $44.8 billion from Mukesh Ambani, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Reliance Industries whose net worth is $41.8 billion (2nd in Asia and 19th overall). Amazon CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Jeff Bezos continues to be the world’s richest man with the net worth of $113 Billion approx.
- As per the report titled ‘Trends in international arms transfers, 2019’ released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s (SIPRI), What is India’s rank in largest arms importer during 2015-19.
In accordance with the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s (SIPRI) annual report titled “Trends in international arms transfers, 2019”, India is the world’s second largest arms importer during 2015-19 with its global share of 9.2% after Saudi Arabia, who has topped the ranking with global share of 12%. Whereas, India ranked 23rd in the exporters list during the same period with the global share of 0.2%.
Rank Exporters (Share of arms exports) Importers (Share of arms imports) Importers-Region Wise (Share of arms imports) 1 United States (36%) Saudi Arabia (12%) Asia and Oceania (41%) 2 Russia (21%) India (9.2%) Middle East (35%) 3 France (7.9%) Egypt (5.8%) Europe (11%) 4 Germany (5.8%) Australia (4.9%) Africa (7.2%) 5 China (5.5%) China (4.3%) Americas (5.7%) 23 India (0.2%)
- As per Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG)’s global Technology(Tech) industry innovation survey, along with which country India ranked 2nd in most promising country for developing globally impactful disruptive technologies.
1) United Kingdom
5) United States
According to Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG)’s global Technology (Tech) industry innovation survey ranked India in 2nd position which is shared with China as the most promising country for developing globally impactful disruptive technologies. The United States (US) topped the survey.
Rank Country 1 US 2 India, China 4 Japan, UK
- According to the survey of ‘cities which leads the technology innovation hubs’ conducted by Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG), which Indian city ranked top among the Indian cities?
1) New Delhi
Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) surveyed which cities in addition to global leader Silicon Valley/San Francisco, will be leading technology innovation hubs over the next 4 years. Bengaluru ranked 9th & Singapore topped the position. Bangalore last year was at the 18th position.
Rank Cities 9 Bengaluru, India 1 Singapore 2 London, UK 3 Tel Aviv, Israel
- Name the Organisation which developed the fuel cell technology named as Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells (PEMFC) for Disaster Management.
1) International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials
2) Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute
3) Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute
4) Centre for Cellular Molecular Biology
5) Central Electrochemical Research Institute
Answer-1) International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials
Scientist of International Advanced Research for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI) an autonomous Research & Development(R&D) centre of Department of Science and Technology (DST), developed Fuel Cell Technology named as Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells (PEMFC) for Disaster Management. The PEMFC has operational capability even at low-temperatures with applications related to decentralized power generation systems.
- Name the person who has Authored the Book ‘Lady, You’re the Boss’.
1) Kiran Desai
2) Anita Nair
3) Apurva Purohit
4) Tahira Kashyap
5) Kamala Suraiyya
Answer-3) Apurva Purohit
Apurva Purohit the President of the Jagran Group, one of India’s largest multi-media conglomerates launched her 2nd book- ‘Lady, You’re the Boss!’, which was published by Westland Publications (an Amazon company). Her 1st book was, ‘Lady, You’re Not a Man! The Adventures Of A Woman At Work’. Apurva is named as one of the Most Powerful Women in Business as per Fortune India in 2018 & 2019 & India Today Group 2016, 2018 & 2019, & also featured in Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women in Business list 2018 & 2019.
- March 10 is celebrated annually as Raising Day of which of the following Central Armed Police Forces?
1) National Security Guard (NSG)
2) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
3) Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
4) Border Security Force (BSF)
5) Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Answer-2) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
The CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) Raising Day is observed every year on 10th March under the Ministry of Home Affairs. The 51st CISF Raising Day is celebrated on March 10, 2020, for better protection and security throughout the country and to create awareness among the public regarding the role and functions of CISF. It was established on 10th march 1969 under an Act of the Parliament of India with a Motto – Protection and Security.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Shaadi Bhagya Scheme is related to which Indian state?
The Karnataka government recently scrapped the Shaadi Bhagya Scheme which was launched in 2013. Earlier under the scheme, Rs. 50,000 was granted to Muslim brides for marriage expenses after submitting the Aadhar and BPL cards.
- What is the Capital & Currency of Gambia?
Answer-Capital – Banjul & Currency – Dalasi
- Where is the Headquarters of Google located at?
- Who is the present Coal Minister of India (as on March 2020)?
- Vajubhai Vala is the Governor of which Indian state (March 2020)?
- The Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing (KIRAN) is the initiative of?
Answer-Department of Science & Technology (DST)
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]