AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Indian state which is 1st in the country to own a separate department for Self Help Groups (SHGs) named ‘Department of Mission Shakti’.
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that Odisha is the 1st state to own a separate department for Self Help Groups named as” Department of Mission Shakti”. It is created for the development of women & is dedicated to all the women of Odisha.
- Name the Indian state which is going to launch a digital literacy drive named ‘I am also digital’ to create awareness about e-governance (March 2020).
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
Kerala will soon launch a digital literacy drive named “I am also digital” in the Thiruvananthapuram Corporation, Kerala, to create public-awareness about e-governance and use of various digital platforms through which wide ranges of services are being delivered. The literacy drive is organized by Kerala State IT mission under the Department of Information Technology (IT) and Kerala Literacy Mission.
- In which Indian Institute, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme (MGNF) as a part of SANKALP Programme.
Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey has initiated Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship programme (MGNF) in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bengaluru in Karnataka. This fellowship is a part of SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion) Programme of the ministry to boost skill development at the district level.
- Narendra Singh Tomar (Union Rural Development Minister) has announced that the Rural Development ministry has planned to achieve ____ Self Help Groups (SHGs) by 2022.
1) 50 Lakh
2) 25 Lakh
3) 75 Lakh
4) 10 Lakh
5) 100 Lakh
Answer-3) 75 Lakh
Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, announced that the Rural Development Ministry plans to add more than 14 lakhs SHGs (Self Help Groups) to achieve 75 lakh SHGs by the year 2022 to enable more women to get livelihood.
- As per Union Minister Prakash Javadekar (MoEFCC) the sanitary pad manufactures should mandatorily supply biodegradable bag for disposal of each pad from ________.
1) June 2020
2) April 2020
3) March 2021
4) July 2021
5) January 2021
Answer-5) January 2021
Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change & Minister of Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar stated that, sanitary pad manufacturers should mandatorily supply biodegradable bag for disposal of each pad from January 2021, during the interaction with the members of the women garbage collectors organization female in Pune. He also stated that the waste pickers should be called as ‘Swachhta Sevika’ from this International Women’s Day.
- The Indian Army’s Lt General Milind Hemant Thakur has inaugurated the renovated Animal Memorial in which of the following Indian City?
Lieutenant General Milind Hemant Thakur, Director General of Supply and Transport Corps, Indian Army, inaugurated the renovated Animal Memorial at Agram grounds in ASC Centre and College, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs based on the theme ‘Cyber Stalking and Bullying of Women: Steps for Protection” and ‘Challenges faced by CAPF Women in Operational Areas” held at which Indian city?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
Smriti Irani, Union Minister for Women and Child Development inaugurated the “National Conference on Women in Police and CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces)” in New Delhi, India. The Conference was organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR & D). she also released a hand-out- ‘BPR & D Mirror- Gender Bender’ and also the book titled “To Greater Heights”.
Themes of the Conference 2020: ‘Cyber Stalking and Bullying of Women: Steps for Protection” and ‘Challenges faced by CAPF Women in Operational Areas”.
- As per the 10th FICCI-IBA Bankers’ Survey July-Dec 2019, which of the following sector registers high Non Performing Assets (NPA)?
1) Agriculture Sector
2) Corporate Sector
3) Manufacturing Sector
4) Infrastructure sector
5) Information Technology Sector
Answer-4) Infrastructure sector
FICCI has released the 10th round of FICCI-IBA survey in New Delhi which was conducted by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for the period of July to December 2019. As per the survey report, sector with High NPAs are Infrastructure, Metals and Iron & Steel, Engineering Goods and Textiles.
- As per the 10th FICCI-IBA Bankers’ Survey July-Dec 2019, the banks reporting Non Performing Assets (NPA) declined to ____% when compared to 52% in the 1st half of the year (January – June).
As per the 10th FICCI-IBA Bankers’ Survey July-Dec 2019, the banks reporting NPAs declined to 39% in the 10th round of survey as compared to 52% of first half of 2019 survey.
- Name the person who has become 1st Women Deputy Inspector General (DIG) in Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
1) Ruchi Sharma
2) Nupur Kulshrestha
3) Priya Jhingan
4) Mitali Madhumita
5) Padma Bandopadhyay
Answer-2) Nupur Kulshrestha
Nupur Kulshrestha becomes the 1st woman to be promoted as Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Indian Coast Guard.She joined Indian Coast Guard in 1999.
- Name the person who has been honoured with ‘The World Games Athlete of the year 2019’ award in Hockey India’s 3rd annual awards 2019.
1) Harmanpreet Singh
2) Rani rampal
3) Manpreet Singh
4) Vivek Sagar Prasad
Answer-2) Rani rampal
Hockey India, the governing body with mandate to conduct all activities for both men and women’s hockey, has organized its 3rd Annual Awards 2019 at Hotel the Lalit in New Delhi to honour the best hockey players and former legends of the game from India. Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju was the chief guest at the occasion.
List of Awards for felicitating the players for Individual Achievements during 2019:
S.No. Award/Category Winners 1 The World Games Athlete of the Year 2019 Ms. Rani Rampal 2 FIH Men’s Player of the Year 2019 Mr. Manpreet Singh 3 FIH Men’s Rising Star of the Year Mr. Vivek Sagar Prasad 4 FIH Women’s Rising Star of the Year Ms. Lalremsiami 5 200 International Caps Ms. Deep Grace Ekka, Mr. Kothajit Singh Khadangbam, Ms. Savita 6 100 International Caps Mr. Harmanpreet Singh, Mr. Lalit Kumar Upadhyay, Ms. Nikki Pradhan
- Name the Player, who has been honored with Dhruv Batra Player of the Year Award 2019 for Men in Hockey India’s 3rd annual awards 2019.
1) Vivek Sagar Prasad
2) Manpreet Singh
3) Lalit Kumar Upadhyay
4) Nikki Pradhan
5) Krishan B. Pathak
Answer-2) Manpreet Singh
Hockey India, the governing body with mandate to conduct all activities for both men and women’s hockey, has organized its 3rd Annual Awards 2019 at Hotel the Lalit in New Delhi.
The captain of India men’s national field hockey team, Manpreet Singh Pawar (27) & Captain of Indian Women Hockey Team, Rani Rampal (25) have won the Hockey India Dhruv Batra Player of the Year Award 2019 for Men and Women respectively.
Here’s the full List of winners at Hockey India 3rd Annual Awards 2019:
S.No. Award/Category Winners 1 Hockey India Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 Mr. Harbinder Singh 2 Hockey India Dhruv Batra Player of the Year 2019 (Male) Mr. Manpreet Singh 3 Hockey India Dhruv Batra Player of the Year 2019 (Female) Ms. Rani Rampal 4 Hockey India Jugraj Singh Award for Upcoming Player of the Year 2019 (Men – Under 21) Mr. Vivek Sagar Prasad 5 Hockey India Asunta Lakra Award for Upcoming Player of the Year 2019 (Women – Under 21) Ms. Lalremsiami 6 Hockey India Dhanraj Pillay Award for Forward of the Year 2019 Mr. Mandeep Singh 7 Hockey India Ajit Pal Singh Award for Midfielder of the Year 2019 Ms. Neha Goyal 8 Hockey India Pargat Singh Award for Defender of the Year 2019 Mr. Harmanpreet Singh 9 Hockey India Baljit Singh Award for Goalkeeper of the Year 2019 Mr. Krishan B. Pathak 10 Hockey India Jaman Lal Sharma Award for Invaluable Contribution 2019 Sports Authority of India 11 Hockey India President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement 2019 Department of Sports & Youth Services, Government of Odisha
- The Indian Air Force’s (IAF) 1st women fighter pilots who got ‘Nari Shakti Puraskhar’ for 2019 is/are _________.
1) Mohana Jitarwal
2) Avani Chaturvedi
3) Bhawana Kanth
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ to IAF’s first women fighter pilots, Mohana Jitarwal, Avani Chaturvedi and Bhawana Kanth, on Sunday at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Name the person who got ‘Nari Shakti Puraskhar’ for 2019 popularly known as ‘Mushroom Mahila’.
1) Rani Indira
2) Bina Devi
4) Rashmi Urdhwardeshe
5) Priyanka Shah
Answer-2) Bina Devi
President Ram Nath Kovind on Sunday presented ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ to Bina Devi who is known as ‘Mushroom Mahila’ for popularising mushroom cultivation. She was ‘Sarpanch’ of Dhauri Panchayat, Tetiabamber block for 5 years.
- Name the 103-year old Athlete, who got Nari Shakti Puraskar award for 2019 for her achievements in Athletics.
1) Mann Kaur
2) Krishna Poonia
3) M. A. Prajusha
4) Seema Punia
5) Anju Bobby George
Answer-1) Mann Kaur
A 104-year old woman Mann Kaur will be presented will be awarded the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ for her achievements in athletics on the occasion of International women’s day by President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi.
S.no Name Key Accomplishment State 1 Bina Devi or ‘Mushroom Mahila’ Popularizing mushroom cultivation Munger , Bihar 2 Padala Bhudevi Working for development of Tribal People Through a CAVS (Chinnai Adhivasi Vikas Society), established in 1996. Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh 3 Arifa Jan Restored the culture and heritage of Jammu and Kashmir- Numdha handicrafts Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 4 Chami Murmu or ‘Lady Tarzan’ of Jharkhand Planted trees & protected local wildlife Rajnagar, SaraikelaKharsawan, Jharkhand 5 Nilza Wangmo First one to serve Ladhak cuisines in her Alchi Kitchen Restaurant & represented Ladakhi recipes in 5-star hotels in India Leh ,Ladakh 6 Rashmi Urdhwardeshe Development of automobile technologies Pune, Maharashtra 7 Sardarni Mann Kaur or ‘Miracle from Chandigarh'(103) Achievements in athletics Patiala, Punjab 8 Kalavati Devi- ‘lady mason’ Built toilets & created awareness regarding the ills of open defecation Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 9 Tashi and Nungshi Malik First female twins to scale Mount Everest in 2013 Dehradun, Uttarakhand 10 Kaushiki Chakroborty Khayal and Thumri exponent. Kolkata, West Bengal 11 Bhageerathi Amma
Cleared the fourth standard equivalency examination & became the oldest equivalency course student of Kerala.
topped “Akshara Laksham”
in 2018 scoring 98/100 marks
Kollam, Alappuzha, Kerala 12 AvaniChaturvedi
Mohana Singh Jitarwal
(Indian Air Force)
First Indian Women Pilots to take a solo flight in MIG-21 in 2018 Rewa, Madhya Pradesh
Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Name the person who has been honoured with Changemaker of the year award (person) in the 3rd edition of BusinessLine Changemaker Awards 2020.
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Pankaj Advani
3) PV Sindhu
4) Satheesh Reddy
5) Dutee Chand
Answer-5) Dutee Chand
Vice-President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu honoured the winners of BusinessLine Changemaker Awards 2020 organized by Hindu Business Line at New Delhi. The changemaker award was presented to Dutee Chand for her contribution in sports in 2019 and ISRO also got the changemaker of the year award in the event.
- The 6th edition of Economic Times Global Business summit based on the theme ‘Collaborate to Create: Sustainable Growth in a Fractured World’ held at which Indian city (6-7 March, 2020)?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
The 6th edition of Economic Times Global business summit is held on 6th – 7th March 2020 at Taj Palace, New Delhi. This summit is organized by the heads of the government, business leaders from India and throughout the world and by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The theme of the Global Business Summit is ‘Collaborate to Create: Sustainable Growth in a Fractured World’.
- Name the Organisation which organised the 3rd edition of Gender Equality Summit with the theme “India Inc. For Generation Equality: Decade of Action” in New Delhi.
1) UNICEF India
2) UN Women India
3) OECD India
4) United Nations Global Compact Network India
5) UNESCO India
Answer-4) United Nations Global Compact Network India
UNGCNI (United Nations Global Compact Network India), a country level platform for public & private sector, businesses to align stakeholders’ responsible practices towards Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), has organized the 3rd edition of its Gender Equality Summit 2020 with the theme “India Inc. For Generation Equality: Decade of Action” at The Park in New Delhi.
- As per the paper “Rethinking Gender Representation across Value Chains” released during the 3rd Gender Equality Summit 2020, If Women’s labour force is same as Men’s labour force then it can boost India’s GDP by _______.
As per the paper “Rethinking Gender Representation across Value Chains” released during the 3rd Gender Equality Summit 2020, If Women’s labour force is same as Men’s labour force then it can boost India’s GDP by 27%.
- Which world organization along with NITI Aayog organised the 4th edition of Women Transforming India awards 2019 based on the theme ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’ in New Delhi?
1) Word Bank (WB)
2) United Nations (UN)
3) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
4) International Women Forum (IWF)
5) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Answer-2) United Nations (UN)
On the occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. on March 8, 2020, NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog in collaboration with United Nations (UN) in India has organized the 4th Edition of the Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards 2019 in New Delhi. The theme for WTI awards 2019 was “Women and Entrepreneurship”.
- The Government of India (GoI) sets up 12-member panel to prepare investigation manual for Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO). Name the person who heads the panel.
1) AK Gupta
2) Rajiv Gauba
3) Injeti Srinivas
4) G. Sateesh Reddy
5) Rajiv Kumar
Answer-3) Injeti Srinivas
The Government of India has sets up a 12-member high level panel was set up to prepare an investigation manual for the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) chaired by the Corporate Affairs Secretary Injeti Srinivas.
- Wasim Jaffer who is in news recently related to which sports (March 2020)?
Wasim Jaffer (42) a former Indian opening batsman and a domestic cricket giant has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He hails from Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Name the country which has won the 7th edition of ICC women’s T20 world cup 2020 held in Australia between Feb 21 – March 8, 2020.
4) South Africa
5) New Zealand
ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s T20 World Cup 2020, the 7th ICC Women’s T20 World Cup tournament was held in Australia from February 21- March 8, 2020. The final match, which was played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on International Women’s Day (8 March), Australia women’s cricket team defeated the Indian women’s cricket team by 85 runs and won the title for the 5th time.
- Name the person, who has become the youngest cricketer to play any ICC World Cup finals.
1) Sandeep Lamichhane
2) Hardik Pandya
3) Shafali Verma
4) Rashid Khan
5) Shaquana Quintyne
Answer-3) Shafali Verma
Indian Cricketer Shafali Verma (16-year-old) on March 8, 2020 has become the Youngest ever cricketer to play any ICC world cup finals. She thus broke the record previously held by West Indies’ Shaquana Quintyne, who was 17 years and 45 days old when she took the field for the West Indies in the 2013 women’s World Cup final. Pakistan’s Mohammad Amir is third on the list as he was 17 years and 69 days old when he played in the 2009 men’s World T20 final.
- The book of “The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat” is about the life of Biju Patnaik. He is the former Chief Minister of which Indian state?
2) West Bengal
Odisha Chief Minister (CM) Naveen Patnaik released the comic book titled “The Adventures of the Daredevil Democrat” on the occasion of the 104th birth anniversary of former Odisha CM Late Biju Patnaik in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The book deals about the life and works of legendary leader and Naveen Patnaik’s father Biju Patnaik.
- H. R. Bhradwaj, the former Union Law minister and Governor of Karnataka & Kerala who passed away recently (March 2020) belongs to which Indian state?
Hansraj Bhardwaj, former Union Law Minister and former governor of Karnataka & Kerala, Senior Congress leader passed away at the age of 83 in New Delhi, India. He was born in Garhi Sampla village in Rohtak district, Haryana. He also holds the record of India’s second longest serving Law Minister.
- Vijayan Pillai who passed away recently is the Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) of which Indian state?
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
Communist Party of India (Marxist) MLA Vijayan Pillai (65) from chavara constituency, Kerala passed away in Kochi due to terminal illness he had for the past two months.
- The International Women’s Day (IWD) celebrated annually on March 8. What is the theme for IWD 2020?
1) Theme: “Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives”
2) Theme: “Think equal, build smart, innovate for change”
3) Theme: “Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030”
4) Theme: “Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality”
5) Theme: “I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights”
Answer-5) Theme: “I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights”
The United Nations (UN) Women is organizing International Women’s Day (IWD) all over the world on March 8 to recognize women for their efforts in changing the individual lives as well as of nations. The 2020 theme for IWD was “I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights”.
- Name the Gender Equality Campaign which was conducted by Indian Railways from March 1 – 10, 2020 as a part of International Women’s Day.
1) “Inspire Her”
2) “She is Equal”
3) “She Inspires”
4) “Each for Equal”
5) “She and We”
Answer-4) “Each for Equal”
As a part of International Women’s Day (IWD 2020), Railways has conducted a 10-day gender equality campaign on the theme “Each for Equal” across its 17 zones focusing on gender equality.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Cabinet Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (as on March 2020)?
Answer-Mahendra Nath Pandey
- The Headquarters of International Cricket Council (ICC) located at?
- Where is the Headquarters of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) located at which Indian City?
As per the bid document from the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), the Government has invited bids for the sale of its entire 52.98% stake in the country’s second biggest State-owned oil reﬁner Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL). BPCL Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The National women’s Day in India celebrated annually on?
- Name the 1st Self Governing nation which allowed women to Vote?
- The ‘W’ in the WALR denotes?
WALR – Weighted Average Lending Rates
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]