AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 10 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology?
2) Greater Noida,Uttar Pradesh
3) Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh
4) Jahanpanah,New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Greater Noida,Uttar Pradesh
On 8th March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a visit to Kanpur, Ghaziabad and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. He laid foundation stone for various development projects and schemes during his visit. PM Modi during his visit to UP address a gathering and unveiled several development projects in Greater Noida.PM inaugurated Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology and unveiled a statue of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya at the campus.Modi inaugurated Noida City Centre – Noida Electronic City Section of the Delhi Metro which will provide a convenient and faster mode of transport for the residents.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of which of the following Power Projects,in Khurja, Uttar Pradesh and other at Buxar, Bihar?
1) Thermal Power Projects
2) Hydro Power Projects
3) Nuclear Power Projects
4) Renewable Source Of Energy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Thermal Power Projects
PM laid foundation stone of two Thermal Power Projects, one at Khurja, Uttar Pradesh and other at Buxar, Bihar. Both the plants will have power generation capacity of 1320 MW. The Thermal Power plant at Khurja will be developed at the cost of Rs. 12,000 crore whereas the power plant at Buxar will be developed at the cost of Rs 10,000 crore.
- Supreme Court (SC) constituted a 3-member mediation panel for the amicable settlement of Ayodhya’s Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case.Who is appointed as the head of the panel?
1) Sriram Panchu
2) F. M. Kalifullah
3) Sri Ravi Shankar
4) Ranjan Gogoi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) F. M. Kalifullah
For the amicable settlement of Ayodhya’s Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case, the five-judge bench, headed by the Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, constituted a three-member mediation panel headed by former Supreme Court (SC) judge Justice F. M. Kalifullah to resolve the issue.The other members of the panel include spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Senior Advocate Sriram Panchu.The proceedings in the case will be held in Faizabad.The panel of mediators will file a progress report of the mediation proceedings within 4 weeks and the process will be completed within 8 weeks.They may co-opt more members and in case of any difficulty, inform the Supreme Court registry.14 appeals have been filed in the Supreme Court against the 2010 Allahabad High Court judgment, delivered in 4 civil suits, that the 2.77-acre land in Ayodhya be partitioned equally among the 3 parties – the Sunni Waqf Board, the Nirmohi Akhara and Ram Lala.
- Highest number of free LPG connection is distributed in which of the following state as a part of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)?
1) West Bengal
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Uttar Pradesh
On 9th March 2019, the government allotted its 7-croreth free cooking gas (LPG) connection, as a part of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).7 crore free LPG connections have been issued in the past 34 months which approximates to almost 69,000 connections per day.This scheme was launched on 1st May, 2016 with the aim of issuing 5 crore connections to women from poor families.42% of the total connections have been issued to SC/ST.The highest number of connections have been issues in Uttar Pradesh (1.26 crore), followed by West Bengal (78 lakhs) and Bihar (77.51 lakh).
- Government of India,World Bank and representatives of 5 States of India signed loan agreement worth _______ million for the Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP)?
1) $137 Million
2) $147 Million
3) $117 Million
4) $127 Million
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $137 Million
On 8th March 2019, a loan agreement worth $137 million was signed in New Delhi, between the World Bank, the Government of India and representatives of 5 States of Government of India and Implementing Agencies, for the Additional Financing of the Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP). The project involves more than 220 selected large dams in Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand.The Loan Agreement was signed by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India; and Mr. Junaid Ahmad, Country Director, World Bank India, on behalf of the World Bank, and the representatives from the State Governments of Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand.This fund shall be utilised for the construction of an additional spillway for Hirakud Dam, Odisha and to facilitate rehabilitation and improvement of other dams including strengthening the institutional, legal and technical framework for dam safety assurance within the Government of India and in the participating States.This from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a 3-year grace period and a final maturity of 16 years.
- Which Bank extends loan worth Rs. 4,100 crores for Visakhapatnam (Vizag) metro rail project?
1) Korea Exim Bank (KEXIM)
2) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
3) World Bank
4) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Korea Exim Bank (KEXIM)
On 7th March 2019, the Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM) proposed to provide a soft loan worth Rs.4,100 crore for the Visakhapatnam (Vizag) metro rail project. The matter was discussed in a meeting involving a delegation led by KEXIM Director (Operations) Yang Dong, Chief Secretary Anil Chandra Punetha, Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation Limited (AMRCL) Managing Director N.P. Ramakrishna Reddy and other officials at the Secretariat. The State government had sent a proposal to Central government for asking KEXIM Bank to provide loan at 8-10% rate of interest. No firm decision has been taken on this yet.The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 8300 crores and it constitutes 3 corridors spread over42 km.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed an agreement with which of the following member of World Bank Group(WBG) for technical assistance to IBBI up to June 30, 2021?
1) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
2) International Development Association (IDA)
3) International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
4) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
On 7th March 2019, The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed an agreement with the International Finance Corporation (IFC)in cooperation. IFC is a member of the World Bank Group.The cooperation agreement provides a technical assistance by IFC to IBBI until 30th June, 2021.It will provide training of insolvency professionals and trainers by the IFC to IBBI.IBBIprovides a platform for re-organization and insolvency resolution of corporate persons, individuals and partnership firmsin a time bound manner for maximization of the value of assets.IFC would help IBBI to effectively implement the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and its allied rules and regulations for the purpose of the bankruptcy code.
- Which of the following bank became the first bank to link its interest rate on savings account with balance above Rs. 1 lakh and short-term loans to the repo rate of the Reserve Bank of India?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Indian Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) State Bank of India
On 8th March 2019, the State Bank of India (SBI) became the first bank to link its interest rate on savings account with balance above Rs. 1 lakh and short-term loans to the repo rate of the Reserve Bank of India. This shall be effective from 1st May 2019.The current repo rate of RBI is 6.25%.The bank will link savings accounts with balance greater than Rs. 1 lakh to repo rate at current effective rate of 3.5% (2.75 percentage points lower than the current repo rate of 6.25%).All cash credit accounts and overdrafts having limits greater than Rs. 1 lakh shall also be linked to the benchmark policy rate, plus a spread of 2.25%—amounting to 8.5%.A risk premium, above 8.5%, will be charged on these loans on the basis of the risk profile of the borrower.The interest rate on home loans will continue to be determined by MCLR (marginal cost of funds-based lending rate).
- According to the ‘Suggested Election Manifesto‘ released by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII),what is the average growth rate projected for political parties to achieve in the next 5 years?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 8%
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) released a ‘Suggested Election Manifesto‘ for political parties to achieve an average growth rate of 8% per annum in the next 5 years. The manifesto provides an economic roadmap for the upcoming government covering a range of subjects like agriculture, education, health, infrastructure, manufacturing, technology as well as environment.The industry grouping has called for compressing Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate slabs to 2% or 3% and lowering corporate income tax to 18% with no exemptions to make Indian tax rates globally competitive. On electoral reforms, it suggests devising a model for simultaneous elections of Parliament and state legislatures from 2024.
- According to the report titled ‘India and ASEAN: Co-creating the Future’ by industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and consulting major KPMG, the e-commerce market in India is estimated to reach how much billion dollars by 2025?
1) 165.5 billion dollar
2) 90 billion dollar
3) 97 billion dollar
4) 135 billion dollar
5) 150 billion dollarAnswer – 1) 165.5 billion dollar
On 10thMarch 2019, According to ‘India and ASEAN: Co-creating the Future’ report by industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and consulting major KPMG, India and 10 member ASEAN are among the fastest growing economies in the world.India and ASEAN shows a faster growth rate even for e-commerce and digital trade sectors. Global E-commerce Sector topped by China.Global e-commerce sales are expected to reach4.5 trillion dollars from 1.3 trillion dollarsby 2021.By 2025,the e-commerce market in India is expected to reach a volume of 165.5 billion,while ASEAN countries grow by 90 billion dollars as per the report .The speed of the growth everywhere is led by rising internet penetration and smart phone use by young population and expanding middle class. China’s e-commerce market will expand to 672 billion dollars by 2025.
- According to the Assocham – PwC Study,what will be the Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of data consumption in India by 2022?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 72.6%
On 10th March 2019, According to the Assocham – PwC StudyIndia’s data consumption is expected to grow at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of about 72.6% by 2022. Internet consumption is clearly on the rise in India. It is expected that Video on Demand (VoD) mark will show a significant development as per the study.In 2013 the average monthly spend on voice services was Rs.214 compared to Rs.173 spend on data which became Rs.124 on voice and Rs.225 on data in 2016.Instead of content creators and packagers, social media and technology platforms emerged as the primary beneficiaries of the increase in user time and spending.As per the study internet penetration shows an increase in India with mobile internet penetration is set to reach 56.7% in 2022 from 30.2% in 2017. But connectivity and consistency in speed issues are badly needed to be addressed.
- As per the Finance Ministry Report, the total liabilities of the government increased to _____lakh crore during October to December 2018?
1) Rs.81.50 lakh crore
2) Rs.83.40 lakh crore
3) Rs.85.70 lakh crore
4) Rs.87.50 lakh crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs.83.40 lakh crore
On 8th March 2019, according to Finance Ministry Report during the period October to December 2018, the total liabilities of the government increased to Rs.83.40 lakh crore from 82.03 lakh crore in the previous quarter of the current fiscal.Public debt accounted for 89.5% of total outstanding liabilities at the end of December 2018 with an internal debt accounting for 83.3% share.In the third quarter of the fiscal G-Sec yields have shown a softening trend with the decrease in weighted average yield of primary issuances to 7.82% from 8.01% in the last quarter.
- Which insurance company was awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Innovative Product Award – 2019, for their contextual microinsurance product -“Ola Ride Insurance”?
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
2) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
3) ACKO General Insurance
4) Kotak Mahindra General Insurance
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ACKO General Insurance
The new-age digital insurance company, ACKO General Insurance was awarded the prestigious Golden Peacock Innovative Product Award – 2019, for their contextual microinsurance product -“Ola Ride Insurance”.The award was presented to Biresh Giri, Appointed Actuary & CRO, Acko at an event in Dubai.Launched in March 2018, Ola Ride Insurance is a first of its kind insurance in the Indian market where Acko partnered with the leading ride-sharing company, Ola.The Re. 1 Ola ride insurance is a contextual microinsurance solution that protects the user against any unfortunate mishaps while commuting, providing benefits in cases of loss of baggage/laptops, missed flights, accidental medical expense, ambulance transportation cover, etc.
- Name the country,that won the International ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019’ in the category of ‘TV Cinema Spot’ at ITB, Berlin?
1) Ministry of Tourism,India
2) Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture,Malaysia
3) Ministry of Tourism,U.S
4) Ministry of Tourism,Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of Tourism,India
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India was awarded the First Prize in the category- TV Cinema Spot at the International Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019 held at Internationale Tourismus-Börse (ITB), Berlin. The awards were received by Shri Yogendra Tripathi, Secretary, Tourism. The awards were given for the following promotional films and TV commercials produced under the Incredible India 2.0 Campaign: Yogi of the Racetrack ,The Reincarnation of Mr. and Mrs. Jones,Sanctuary in Paris,Maharani of Manhattan ,The Masala Master Chef The Incredible India 2.0 Campaign was started by the Ministry of Tourism in September 2017.
- Who won the Chameli Devi Jain Award 2018 for outstanding women journalist?
1) Nidhi Razdan
2) Priyanka Dubey
3) Neha Dixit
4) Barkha Dutt
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Priyanka Dubey
On 9th March 2019, a bilingual correspondent with the BBC at its Delhi bureau, Priyanka Dubey won the Chameli Devi Jain Award 2018 as outstanding women journalist. She was chosen for her multi-faceted, interrogative and investigative reports. She helped to uncover the reality underlying in the social and political issues.Chameli Devi Jain Award has been awarded to women journalist for upholding standards of excellence through a sustained body of work for the past 37 years. The award was presented at a function in Delhi.She was a freedom fighter. This award is the countries longest running media award for women. The jury comprised Vandita Mishra, National Opinion Editor in Indian Express, Bharat Bhushan, former editor in NewsX and Sheela Bhatt, National editor of NewsX.
- Who was appointed as the Finance Secretary of India?
1) Hasmukh Adhiya
2) Subhash Chandra Garg
3) Ashok Lavasa
4) Bimal Jalan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Subhash Chandra Garg
On 9th March 2019, Subhash Chandra Garg, the Economic Affairs Secretary was appointed as the Finance Secretary by the Personnel Ministry. His appointment was approved the by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet which is led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He is an IAS officer from the 1983 batch and belongs to the Rajasthan cadre. He has succeeded Ajay Narayan Jha, the former Finance Secretary who retired on February 28, 2019 and is a member of the 15th Finance Commission.
- Which of the following organization appointed Ashu Khullar as its CEO of the India business?
1) Citibank India
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Citibank India
Ashu Khullar has been appointed by the Citibank as its India head, w.e.f 1st April 2019. He currently holds the position of head of Asia-Pacific capital markets. He succeeds Pramit Jhaveri who has been appointed as the Vice Chairman of banking, capital markets and advisory for Asia Pacific from April 1. Since the post of Vice Chairman of banking, capital markets and advisory has been specially created for Pramit Jhaveri, he has no predecessor. They’ll be required to report to Francisco Aristeguieta, CEO of Citigroup Asia Pacific.
- 5 Indians were appointed as members of technical committees of Asian Gymnastic Union.Who was not one among them?
i. Deepak Kabra – Men’s Artistic Gymnastics
ii. Akshata Shete – Rhythmic Gymnastics
iii.Sumith MR – Acrobatic Gymnastics
iv.Makarand Joshi – Aerobic Gymnastics
v. Dipa Karmakar – Women’s Artistic Gymnastics
1) Option i is not a member
2) Option i and iii are not a member
3) Option v is not a member
4) Option iii is not a member
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Option v is not a member
5 Indians have been appointed as members of various Technical Committees of Asian Gymnastics Union for a period of 4 years, from 2019 to 2022.The 5 Indians and the committees are: Deepak Kabra – Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Akshata Shete – Rhythmic Gymnastics Sumith MR – Acrobatic Gymnastics Makarand Joshi – Aerobic Gymnastics Narayan Shashi – Gymnastics for All.They are internationally qualified judges/coaches in their respective disciplines and have participated in several international tournaments as officials.
- Manpreet Vohra was appointed as the next India’s Ambassador to which of the following country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mexico
Shri Manpreet Vohra (IFS:1988), presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Mexico and is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Who was appointed as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of El Salvador?
1) Dinesh Bhatia
2) Vinay Kumar
4) Ajay Gondane
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) B.S.Mubarak
Shri B. S. Mubarak, (IFS:2001) presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Guatemala, has been concurrently accredited as the nextAmbassador of India to the Republic of El Salvador, with residence inGuatemala City. Shri Kishan Dan Dewal, presently Deputy High Commissioner of India to theRepublic of Mauritius, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Armenia and is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Name the new communication satellite launched by China using a Long March – 3B carrier rocket into a geostationary orbit in Sichuan province?
1) ChinaSat 6C
2) Gaofen 1
3) ChinaSat 9
4) Dong Fang Hong I
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) ChinaSat 6C
On 10th March 2019, China lifted its broadband communication system by launching a Long March – 3B carrier rocket with ‘ChinaSat 6C’ into a geostationary orbit in Sichuan province. Key Points i. The‘ChinaSat 6C’ was launched from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan province. It is a 19 story tall rocket which is expected to provide high quality radio and television transmission services. ii. It marked 300th launch of the Long March carrier rocket series which was developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation and will be operated by China Satellite Communications Co. Ltd. iii. The satellite will cover China, Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific Island Countries. Nearly 97% of China’s total launch missions was on Long March rocket series. iv. China has built 17 types of Long March rocket with five of them being retired. The first carrier rocket A Long March-1 with first satellite Dong fanghong 1 launched by China in 1970.
- Senior CPI-M leader and former Minister VJ Thankappan passed away at the age of 84.He belongs to which of the following state?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kerala
Senior CPI-M leader and former Kerala Minister VJ Thankappan passed away at the age of 84. He died following age-related issues at his home in the city suburbs, a family member said. The four-time Communist party of India-Marxist MLA also served as the Minister for Local Administration in the EK Nayanar cabinet of 1987-91.
- When was National Immunisation Day observed?
1) March 10
2) March 9
3) March 8
4) March 7
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) March 10
On 9th March 2019, the Pulse Polio programme was launched by the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind. The launch took place by administering polio drops to children below five years at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi. The programme was launched on the eve of National Immunisation Day which shall be observed on 10th March 2019. Under this programme, more than 17 crore children aged below 5 years shall be administered with polio drops.The injectable inactivated polio vaccine has also been introduced under this programme.Mission Indradhanush has also been launched by the government for achieving an aim of 90% full immunisation coverage. Around 3.39 crore children and 87 lakh pregnant women received vaccination under Mission Indradhanush.Mission Indradhanush has also played a significant role in decline of Infant Mortality Rate from 39 in 2014 to 32 per 1,000 live births in 2017.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is Hindon Airport located?Answer – Uttar Pradesh.
This Aiport is recently in news,because Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the plaque to mark the inauguration of Civil Terminal of Hindon Airport and distributed certificates to the beneficiaries of various government schemes in Ghaziabad recently.
- Who is the President of Armenia?Armen Sarkissian
- What is the Capital and Currency of China?Capital : Beijing and Currency : Renminbi
- Who is the chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India?M S Sahoo
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)-Housing for All Scheme has set a target to achieve this feat by which year?2022