AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs March 10 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which Indian city hosted the 26th meeting of the GST Council?
5. New Delhi
Answer – 5. New Delhi
On 10th March 2018, the 26th meeting of the GST Council was held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The GST council was informed that CBEC and GSTN have begun detailed data analytics on the available data sets. Outcomes of the preliminary data analysis are:
• There is difference in the amount of IGST & Compensation Cess paid by importers at Customs ports and input tax credit of the same claimed in GSTR-3B.
• There is great difference in self-declared liability in FORM GSTR-1 and FORM GSTR-3B.
• This information would be analysed in more detail and necessary action will be taken.
- Which state has become the second state in India after Madhya Pradesh to approve death sentence for those convicted of raping girls aged 12 years and below?
Answer – 3. Rajasthan
On 9th March 2018, a bill approving death penalty to those convicted of raping or gang-raping a girl who is aged 12 years or below, was passed by Rajasthan assembly. Rajasthan has become the second state in India after Madhya Pradesh to approve death sentence for those convicted of raping girls aged 12 years and below. Gulab Chand Kataria, Rajasthan home minister, introduced the Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, 2018 in the assembly. It was passed by a voice vote. Sections 376-AA and 376-DD have been added in the Indian Penal Code, 1860, in regard with rape and gang-rape of young girls. It provides that, whoever rapes or gang-rapes a girl up to 12 years of age shall be punished to death or a rigorous imprisonment for a minimum of 14 years and 20 years respectively for the sections. This can be extended for imprisonment of the offender’s whole life along with fine.
- Which is the first and only Union Territory of India to achieve full solar energy efficiency?
Answer – 5. Diu
Diu has become the first and only Union Territory of India to achieve full solar energy efficiency. Diu has a geographical area of just 42 square kilometers. It has installed solar power plants in more than 50 acres of land. 13 MW of electricity is generated from the solar power-generating systems in Diu. Out of which, 3MW is produced from rooftop solar plants and 10MW from other solar power plants. Earlier, Diu depended on the power grid owned by the Gujarat government for electricity. It started with solar power generation three years ago. As Diu started electricity production through solar power plants, it has resulted in considerable reduction of line loss.
- Which state announced the ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh’ scheme that will offer pension to unmarried women above 50 years of age?
5. Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 5. Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced the ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh’ scheme that will offer pension to unmarried women above 50 years of age. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced this scheme on the occasion of International Women’s Day. The ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh’ will offer pension to women who are not married and have crossed the age of 50 years
- Which railway station of Bengaluru became the first all-woman railway station in South Western Railway zone?
Answer – 3. Banaswadi
Banaswadi railway station of Bengaluru became the first all-woman railway station in South Western Railway zone. On the International Women’s Day, Banaswadi railway station was declared as a facility run by an all-woman crew. It is the first station in the South Western Railway (SWR) zone and 5th in India to attain the all-woman railway station status. The Banaswadi railway station was declared South Western Railway (SWR) zone’s first all-woman railway station by Piyush Goyal, Union railway minister, through video link. The Banaswadi railway station will be operated by its female staff from now on. All 15 officials of the Banaswadi station are now women, including security personnel.
- In which city of Uttar Pradesh, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation along with the UP Government organized a Women’s Convention called Swachh Shakti 2018?
Answer – 3. Lucknow
On the occasion of International Women’s Day,The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, in association with the Government of Uttar Pradesh, organized a Women’s Convention called Swachh Shakti 2018 at Lucknow. Swachh Shakti 2018 has been hosted by Uttarpradesh Government. 8000 women sarpanches, 3000 women Swachhagrahis and women champions from across the country were recognised for their outstanding contribution towards making a Swachh Bharat. The event included a special exhibition, launch of a film celebrating Swachh Shakti and flagging off of 30 Swachhata Raths that will travel across the State, spreading the message of sanitation at the grassroots. The Union Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Sushri Uma Bharti, complimented the commitment made by the Uttar Pradesh government to make the State Open Defecation Free (ODF) by October 2018.
- Which state launched Women Entrepreneurship Hub (WE- Hub), India’s first state-led incubator exclusively for women entrepreneurs?
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Madhya Pradesh
Answer – 5. Telangana
Government of Telangana launched Women Entrepreneurship Hub (WE- Hub) in Hyderabad. WE-Hub is India’s first state-led incubator exclusively for women entrepreneurs. WE-HUB will promote women-led, women-owned enterprises in Telangana. It is a platform which is open to all kinds of innovations including a tech start-up, a start-up in social innovation or an idea which is completely and radically different. It will encourage women from rural and urban backgrounds helping them achieve being independent and overcome the societal barriers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a two-day National Legislators Conference at the Central Hall of Parliament House. What is the theme of this conference?
1. India means Development
2. We for Development
3. We are Developing
4. Indian Development
5. Ideas for Indian Development
Answer – 2. We for Development
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates a two-day National Legislators Conference at the Central Hall of Parliament House. The theme of the conference is – “We For Development”. Motive of the conference:- It will be a platform for Members of Parliament such as MPs, MLAs, Legislative Assemblies and Legislative Councils to share their ideas,plans or experience for country development. Development and optimum use of resources will be the subjects on agenda for discussions. Participants:- The conference will be attended by Union Ministers, including Arun Jaitley, J P Nadda, Nirmala Sitharaman, Suresh Prabhu, Narender Singh Tomar, Prakash Javadekar and Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Which Indian city hosted the four-day biennial event ‘WINGS INDIA 2018?‘
Answer – 5. Hyderabad
Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airport Authority of India and FICCI jointly organized the four-day biennial event ‘WINGS INDIA 2018 ‘ in Hyderabad. Theme of the four-day biennial event this year is ‘India-Global Aviation Hub’. WINGS INDIA 2018 is a platform for interactions, forging alliances, investments and air connectivity between the States and the global aviation players & stakeholders.The conference will focus on fostering partnership to transform Indian aviation and the role of conducive regulatory framework to facilitate growth of civil aviation market. The event was attended by senior ministers of Telangana Government and senior officials of Ministry of Civil Aviation, DGCA, AAI and representatives from FICCI.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) and African Development Bank (AfDb), Asian Development Bank (ADB), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Green climate fund (GCF), and New Development Bank (NDB) signed Joint financial partnership declarations. The agreements are aimed to deepen their cooperation to support __________?
2. Youth Development
3. Military Co-operation
4. Renewable Energy
5. Network Security
Answer – 4. Renewable Energy
On 10th March 2018, International Solar Alliance (ISA) and African Development Bank (AfDb), Asian Development Bank (ADB), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Green climate fund (GCF), and New Development Bank (NDB) signed Joint financial partnership declarations. The International Energy Agency (IEA) also inked a Joint partnership Declaration with the ISA. Arun Jaitley, Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs and R.K. Singh, Minister of State (I/C) for Power and New and Renewable Energy were present at the occasion. The agreements are aimed to deepen their cooperation to support Renewable Energy. ISA and ADB have joined together to promote Solar Energy in Asia and the Pacific, through solar power generation, solar based mini-grids, and transmission systems dedicated for integrating solar energy into the grids and other future programs introduced by ISA.
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has introduced ‘Vikas She Plus’, a loan scheme for women to help them with new ventures and for expanding or modifying their existing businesses. This bank will offer loan upto Rs. ________?
1. Rs 6 lakh
2. Rs 5 lakh
3. Rs 4 lakh
4. Rs 3 lakh
5. Rs 2 lakh
Answer – 5. Rs 2 lakh
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has introduced ‘Vikas She Plus’, a loan scheme for women to help them with new ventures and for expanding or modifying their existing businesses. The Vikas She Plus scheme offers loan up to a maximum of Rs 2 lakh. Repayment period for the loan is 60 months under this scheme. KVGB aims to reach out to 5,000 women entrepreneurs under the ‘Vikas She Plus’ scheme by the end of this financial year. KVGB has stated that, it has offered loans amounting to Rs 22 crore to nearly 2,500 women on the day the scheme was launched itself.
- ___________ details of borrowers obtaining loans of Rs 50 crore and above has been made mandatory to take immediate action in case of fraud and to prevent defaulters from escaping away from India?
Answer – 2. Passport
Passport details of borrowers obtaining loans of Rs 50 crore and above has been made mandatory to take immediate action in case of fraud and to prevent defaulters from escaping away from India. The Passport details have been mandated for loans worth Rs 50 crore and above, to take immediate action and to inform related authorities to prevent defaulters from flying out of India. Also, for all existing loans of over Rs 50 crore, banks have been mandated to obtain passport details of borrowers within 45 days. This step has been taken as a preventive measure after Nirav Modi has been alleged to have defrauded Punjab National Bank (PNB) of Rs 12,700 crore and has escaped from India.
- Who was given additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry after the resignation of Ashok Gajapathi Raju of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP)?
1. Ashok Mehta
2. Suraender Singh
3. Raja Singh
4. Suresh Prabhu
5. Godson Prabhu
Answer – 4. Suresh Prabhu
On March 10,2018, Commerce and Industries Minister Suresh Prabhu was given additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry after the resignation of Ashok Gajapathi Raju of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). Raju and another Telugu Desam Party (TDP) MP Y S Chowdary had resigned from the council of ministers. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu took the decision after facing relentless attacks from the opposition for “failing” to secure special category status for Andhra Pradesh.
- Who was appointed the new Director General of the Union government’s publicity wing, Press Information Bureau (PIB)?
1. Frank Noronha
2. Menaka Gandhi
3. Ravi Shankar
4. Manoj Sinha
5. Sitanshu Kar
Answer – 5. Sitanshu Kar
All India Radio’s News Services Division (NSD) director general Sitanshu Kar has been appointed as the next Director General of the Union government’s publicity wing, Press Information Bureau (PIB). Kar will be replacing Frank Noronha, who took charge of the PIB in 2014. Press Information Bureau publicizes information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. It has nationwide network of 8 regional offices and 34 branch offices.
- Sir John Sulston recently passed away. Who was he?
Answer – 4. Geneticist
UK’s pioneering geneticist Sir John Sulston has died. He was professor and chairman of the Institute of Science, Ethics and Innovation at the University of Manchester. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for medicine or physiology in 2002, along with two of his former colleagues, for work aiding the understanding of how genes control cell division and cell death in organisms. Sir John founded the Sanger Institute – then called the Sanger Centre – at Hinxton, near Cambridge.
- Patangrao Kadam passed away recently. Who was he?
5. Football Player
Answer – 2. Politician
Maharashtra senior Congress leader Patangrao Kadam passed away in Lilavati hospital in Mumbai. Patangrao was a powerful leader in Maharashtra politics and was known as a staunch Congressman. His son Vishwajeet Kadam is a leader of the Youth Congress wing. He founded the Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, an educational empire and also set up cooperative ginning mills and sugar mills in western Maharashtra. He was also served as chairman of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Press Information Bureau was formed in the year?
- Who is the MD & CEO of Punjab National Bank (PNB)?
- How many countries are the parts of International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
- Dudhwa National Park is in which state?
- Desert National Park is in which state?