AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 1 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which of the following company had signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to collectively drive the charter of developing creative skills and spreading digital literacy across all Atal Tinkering Labs in India?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Adobe
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Adobe signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) to collectively drive the charter of developing creative skills and spreading digital literacy across all Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) in India. 100 schools will be adopted by Adobe under the ATL initiative and will be implementing its Digital Disha Program in ATLs, under which free licenses of Adobe Spark premium shall be offered to ATLs.The Adobe Digital Disha Programme, launched in 2018, is aimed at driving synergies in creative thinking and technology-based learning. Under this collaboration with AIM, children and teachers across these schools and communities shall benefit from creative learning resources and empowering them with new age skills to thrive in the current digital era and preparing them for long term success.
- Name the Scheme launched by Union Human Resources Development Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar with an aim to provide industry apprenticeship opportunities to the general graduates?
1) Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
2) Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS)
3) Strengthening for providing quality Education in Madrassas ( SPQEM)
4) Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS)
Union Human Resources Development Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar, launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) with an aim to provide industry apprenticeship opportunities to the general graduates exiting in April 2019 through the National Apprenticeship Promotional Scheme (NAPS) in New Delhi. The program will enhance the employability of Indian youth by providing ‘on the job work exposure’ and earning of stipend. SHREYAS portal will enable educational institutions and industry to log in and provide their respective demand and supply of apprenticeship and the matching of students with apprenticeship avenues will take place as per pre-specified eligibility criteria.These courses will be available from Academic year April-May, 2019 and more than 40 higher educational institutions have already been tied up for taking up embedded apprenticeship courses.SHREYAS is a programme basket comprising the initiatives of 3 Central Ministries, which are: Ministry of Human Resource Development,Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Who launched Van Dhan, the scheme for Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) and Development of Value Chain of MFPs recently?
1) Jual Oram
2) Narendra Modi
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Suresh Prabhu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jual Oram
Shri Jual Oram, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launched the ambitious scheme of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs Van Dhan, a scheme for Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) and Development of Value Chain of MFPs organized by TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs at a National Workshop in New Delhi.Ministry has expanded the coverage of the Minimum Support Price for Minor Forest Produce Scheme to 50 Minor Forest Produces. Also the MSP has risen between 30-50% for all commodities.6000 Van Dan Vikas Kendras comprising 300 tribal gatherers are to be set up to provide employment to almost 45 Lakh Tribal.
- Where did the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot launched the 2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary recently?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 27th February 2019, 2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary was launched by Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot in New Delhi. The Dictionary was developed by Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) and it included 6 thousand words under different categories such as legal, academic, technical, medical and everyday terms.The First edition of dictionary was launched in March, 2018.
- India had signed MoU with which of the following country to cooperate in the field of Anti-microbial drugs?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Swedan
Swedish Minister for Health and Social Affairs, Lena Hallengren, who was on a visit to India from 22nd to 25th February 2019, met with Union Health Minister J P Nadda and discussed about Anti-microbial resistance (AMR) which poses a dangerous challenge globally.Anti-microbial drugs, when overused, AMR develops as microorganisms such as bacteria, virus and fungi that become resistant to drugs.India and Sweden had signed a Memorandum of Understanding to cooperate in the field of various issues, including AMR, communicable diseases and public health, in February 2009.Stating that AMR work is an ongoing cooperation between India and Sweden, Lena Hallengren hoped that India would join the “Alliance of Champions”, a creation between many countries globally to face and to fight AMR“.
- India and Brunei had signed an agreement recently.The agreement was signed for which of the following field?
i. For exchange of Information and Assistance in Collection with respect to taxes
ii.For Tourism and Trade
iii.For Currency swap
1) i is correct
2) ii is correct
3) i and iii are correct
4) ii and iv are correct
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) i is correct
On 28th February 2019, India and Brunei signed a pact for exchange of Information and Assistance in Collection with respect to taxes in order to curb tax evasion and tax avoidance in New Delhi.This agreement will facilitate both the countries to exchange information, including banking and ownership information for tax purposes and will also avail mutual assistance in collection of tax revenue claims.This pact will promote mutual co-operation between India and Brunei by providing an effective framework by curbing tax avoidance and tax evasion.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) had signed MoU with which of the following organization to collaborate in the area of food and agriculture?
1) Food and Agriculture Organization
2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
3) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
4) Australian International Food Security Centre
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) andCouncil of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in order to collaborate in the area of food and agriculture, at ICAR Headquarters, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.The huge network of Krishi Vikas Kendras (KVKs) available with ICAR will be roped in for technology demonstration and dissemination and a Joint Working Committee will be constituted to deliberate and formulate the collaborative programmes and will meet 4 times a year.Both the sides agreed to form a Steering Committee with the co-chairmanship of both the Director-Generals which will meet twice a year to monitor the progress.
- Where did Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal launched a new Railway zone?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Andhra Pradesh
Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced a new railway zone for Andhra Pradesh, that is the Southern Coast Railway and it will be headquartered in Visakhapatnam.It will be the 18th zone in the country.The new zone will comprise the existing Guntakal, Guntur and Vijayawada divisions that currently fall under the South Central Railway.The cost of creating infrastructure for a new zone is around Rs. 205 crore.
- Name the Bank,that had signed a bancassurance agreement with Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to lend LIC’s insurance products?
1) State Bank of India
2) IDBI Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank and Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) signed a bancassurance agreement under which the lender will offer LIC’s insurance products at its branches.As part of the agreement, IDBI Bank will become the preferred bank for LIC premium payments and also function as premium point to boost sale of LIC products, thereby gaining from fees and float income.The State-owned life insurer, LIC, acquired a majority stake in IDBI Bank, and the bank has also appointed LIC Chairman Hemant Bhargava as its non-executive whole-time Chairman.
- How much Crore will be infused by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) into the system through purchase of government securities under Open Market Operations (OMOs) in February?
1) Rs. 32,500 Crore
2) Rs. 35,500 Crore
3) Rs. 37,500 Crore
4) Rs. 39,500 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs. 37,500 Crore
On 26th February 2019, The Reserve Bank of India announced that in order to increase liquidity, it will infuse Rs. 37,500 crore into the system through purchase of government securities under Open Market Operations (OMOs) in February.The infusion will be made through three auctions of Rs 125 billion each during the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week. The aggregate amount will be Rs 375 billion.There will be no auction in first week of February due to scheduled MPC meeting. The dates of auction will be announced by RBI in due course.
- According to BCG-IBA Report on EASE Reforms index released by Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs,which of the following bank,has and secured the top spot among all public sector banks(PSB’s)?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Punjab National Bank
According to BCG-IBA Report on EASE Reforms index released by Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Punjab National Bank (PNB) which is fraud hit bank, secured the top spot among all public sector banks in the implementation of ‘Reforms agenda’.Index has measured Banks on 140 objective metrics across 6 themes including customer responsiveness, credit off-take and digitalization.The EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) report has shown significant enhancement in PSB performance on the back of Government’s 4R’s strategy- recognition, recovery, recapitalisation and reforms.PNB which topped the list with a score of 78.4 out of 100 in the EASE-index was followed by BoB (77.8), SBI (74.6), Oriental Bank of Commerce (69).The PSB banks have recovered Rs 98493 crore in first nine months of FY19.The Government has infused Rs 3.19 lakh crores in PSB to strengthened their balance sheet and five banks have come out of PCA (Prompt Corrective action) restrictions.
- Name the platform,that had partnered with ICICI Lombard to provide the insurance cover of ICICI to lenders and borrowers?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) AnyTimeLoan.in
On 25th February 2019, A private sector non-life insurance company in India ICICI Lombard has entered into a strategic partnership with Hyderabad based peer-to-peer lending platform AnyTimeLoan.in (ATL) to provide insurance cover for its lenders and borrowers. ICICI Lombard will offer Group Secure Mind and Group Personal Accident policies to the customers of ATL which will cover the borrowers of all types of loans on the platform with policy term of 1 to 3 years.There will be insurance cover for the lenders which will come with free premium for the first year on a complimentary basis. On behalf of the beneficiaries ATL will absorb this cost.The partnership with reduce the risk of exposure of its lenders and borrowers which are arising from uncertainties such as accidents, death, disability, critical illness, loss of job among others.
- To mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi,________________ based company will release 12 bank notes of zero value which is the first ever limited edition commemorative series?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) UAE
On 27th February 2019, a UAE based company will release 12 bank notes of zero value which is the first ever limited edition commemorative series to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Dubai based Indian artist Akbar Saheb has designed these special notes. He was the main illustrator for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s book ‘Mann Ki Baat’.As a tribute to Gandhi, each note will feature memorable incidents from his personal and political life. The initiative will bring Mahatma Gandhi back to life using incidents that are more than just history lessons.It will be a 12 part series. The first 2 notes with just 5000 pieces to be printed in each design will go on sale at selected outlets globally and online while the rest will be released in different phases till October 2.Out of the first 2 notes released, the first note shows the ‘Promise to Mother’ in 1880 made by Gandhi to his mother and the second note features the historic incident of 1893 when the young lawyer Gandhi was thrown off from a ‘Whites only’ compartment of a train at Pietermaritzburg railway station in South Africa.
- Which of the following State received the first prize in the National Water Awards ceremony under the category best state in resource management?
1) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Maharashtra
On 27th February 2019, The Union Minister for Water Resources, River development and rejuvenation Nithin Gadkari presented 82 National Water Awards in 14 categories for the year 2018 at a ceremony held in New Delhi.The department of geology at Kakatiya University, Warangal Telangana received the best campus in India in terms of water usage. Panjab University secured 2nd position in the category.Madurai district received first prize for rejuvenations and creating new water bodies in the National Water Awards 2018.In best state category Maharashtra, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh bagged first, second and third prizes resource management in India.
- Name the first Indian-origin woman to be honoured with a Blue Plaque at 4 Taviton Street in Bloomsbury, London?
1) Brinda Karat
2) Lilly Singh
3) Noor Inayat
4) Amelia Rajput
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Noor Inayat
British Indian World War II spy, Noor Inayat Khan, confirmed as the first Indian-origin woman to be honoured with a Blue Plaque at 4 Taviton Street in Bloomsbury, London (her former home). She was the daughter of Indian Sufi saint Hazrat Inayat Khan and an agent for Britain’s Special Operations Executive (SOE) during World War II. She was captured and killed by the Nazis in 1944 at the age of 30 years.The Blue Plaque scheme run by English Heritage honours notable people who lived or worked in particular buildings across London.
- Who became the First Indian to join top 10 richest billionaire list of Hurun Research?
1) Pallonji Mistry
2) Lakshmi Mittal
3) Azim Premji
4) Mukesh Ambani
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mukesh Ambani
Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani became the first Indian and the only Asian to enter the Global top 10 richest billionaire list compiled by Hurun Research, China after a USD 9 billion or 20% surge in his wealth to USD 54 billion. India is at 5th spot with 104 billionaires. Last year, the country had added 32 billionaires, but this year it lost 28.Mumbai and New Delhi are the billionaire capitals of the country.
- India’s first indigenous 4G/5G semiconductor chips are unveiled by which of the following company?
1) DCM Data Systems Ltd.
3) CMOS Chips
4) HCL Technologies India Pvt.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) SIGNALCHIP
Bengaluru based semiconductor company “SIGNALCHIP” unveiled India’s first Indigenous Semiconductor Chips for 4G/LTE and 5G NR MODEMs at an event in New Delhi which was addressed by the Secretary, Telecom, Mrs Aruna Sundararajan. She acknowledged the need for India to manufacture its own chips as Data Security is a huge concern in today’s world and informed that currently only 8 companies and few countries in the world can do the task, which makes the launch of Indigenous Chip a real sense “Make in India” for the World. The following 4 chips were launched by the SIGNALCHIP as part of its SCBM34XX and SCRF34XX/45XX series, code-named ‘Agumbe’: SCBM3412: a single chip 4G/LTE modem including the baseband and transceiver sections in a single device SCBM3404: a single chip 4X4 LTE baseband modem SCRF3402: a 2X2 transceiver for LTE SCRF4502: a 2X2 transceiver for 5G NR standards.The Radio Frequency (RF) sections cover all LTE/5G-NR bands up to 6GHz and they also support positioning using India’s own satellite navigation system, NAVIC.The Agumbe series builds up on SCRF1401, India’s first RF transceiver chip for high performance wireless standards like 3G/4G and WiFi, created by Signalchip in 2015.The combined multi-standard system-on-chip (SoC) can serve as a base station chipset for a wide range of form and are optimally designed to support evolving network architectures like Open RAN/CRAN with flexible interface configurations.
- Scientist had discovered the Methane Hydrate from which Basin off Andhra Pradesh coast?
1) Krishna-Godavari (K-G) basin
2) Narmada-Tapi (N-T) basin
3) Subarnarekha-Mahi (S-M)basin
4) Sabarmati-Pennar (S-P)basin
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Krishna-Godavari (K-G) basin
Researchers have discovered “methane hydrates“, a potential fuel of the future just two meters below the sea-floor in the Krishna-Godavari (K-G) basin off the coast of Andhra Pradesh in the Bay of Bengal.A team of scientists from the National Institute of Geography in Goa and the National Geophysical Research Institute in Hyderabad have reported the discovery in the Journal of Earth System Science, published by the Indian Academy of Sciences.This is the first report on the discovery of an active methane seepage site. The occurrence of shallow methane hydrate deposits in India’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and opens up the possibilities of using a new and still untapped reservoir of fossil fuel, as methane hydrate contains large quantity of methane, the main component of natural gas.
- Name the web portal launched by West Bengal Education Minister, Partha Chatterjee,to provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools?
1) Bangla Data
2) Banglar Edu
3) Banglar Shiksha
4) Bangla School
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Banglar Shiksha
On 26th February 2019, West Bengal Education Minister, Partha Chatterjee unveiled a web portal, “Banglar Shiksha“ (banglarshiksha.gov.in), to provide real-time data on state-run and aided schools. Key points.This Web portal will store real-time data of 1.5 crore students, 5 lakh teachers and 1 lakh schools and will also address many issues like attendance of students and teachers.This portal is first of its kind in the country and it should come into commencement by May, 2019.
- Who became the first player in the world to hit 500 sixes in the International Cricket?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Chris Gayle
3) MS Dhoni
4) Aaron Finch
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Chris Gayle
West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle became the first player in the world to hit 500 sixes the 14th batsman and second from the Caribbean after Brian Lara, to reach the milestone of 10,000 ODI runs, after scoring 162 off 97 balls against England in the fourth ODI at the National Cricket Stadium in St George’s, Grenada. He had announced on 17 February 2019 that he will retire from One-Day International cricket after this 2019’s World Cup in England and Wales.
- Which Country hosted the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup recently?
2) US(Washington D.C.)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India(NewDelhi)
International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup was held in New Delhi, India from 20 February to 28 February 2019. It is the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup which is governed by International Shooting Sport Federation. It is a qualifier for 2020 Olympic Games. India ranked 1st in the World Cup along with Hungary.
- Who created world record and honoured with an Olympic quota for Tokyo 2020 in the 10m Air Pistol category?
1) Manu Bhaker
2) Apurvi Chandela
3) Saurabh Chaudhary
4) Elavenil Valarivan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Saurabh Chaudhary
Saurabh Chaudhary finished top of the 10m Air Pistol category and brought an Olympic quota for Tokyo 2020 in the category. Highlights .He secured Olympic Quota with a world record score of 245.0 after some phenomenal shooting.He is the 1st Indian shooter to win gold at the youth Olympic, Asian Games, Junior ISSF World Championship and Asian Air gun championship.
- Indian shooter Apurvi Chandela bagged India’s first gold medal by breaking the world record.She won the gold medal in which of the following Category?
1) Women’s 10m Air Rifle
2) Women’s 10m Air Pistol
3) 10m Air Pistol Mixed Category
4) 10m Air Rifle Mixed Category
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Women’s 10m Air Rifle
Indian shooter won women’s 10m Air Rifle and bagged India’s first gold medal by breaking the world record in the Shooting World Cup 2019. She was the only Indian shooter to qualify for the final round. Highlights.Apurvi secured a total score of 252.9 to finish on the top of podium in the women’s 10m Air Rifle event. She was at the fourth spot in the qualification round.Apurvi Chandela had won a bronze medal along shooter Ravi Kumar in the 2018 Asian Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia in the 10m Mixed Rifle event.
- Which Country will host the 2021 world cross-country championships?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Australia
Australian city of Bathurst, best known for hosting an annual endurance car race,picked as the 2021 venue for the IAAF’s world cross-country championships. More than 700 competitors from 60 countries are expected to descend on the country town, around 200 kilometres (124 miles) west of Sydney, to pit themselves against the varied landscape of Mount Panorama.
- What is the theme of the National Science Day,which is observed to mark the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect‘?
1) Theme –‘ Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life’
2) Theme – ‘Science of today is the technology of tomorrow’
3) Theme – ‘Science for the People and the People for Science‘
4) Theme –‘Medicine is a science of uncertainty and an art of probability’
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – ‘Science for the People and the People for Science‘
The National Science Day is observed to mark the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect‘ by the physicist Sir Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman, well-known as CV Raman. He was born on 7th November 1888 in Tamil Nadu.Prime Minister Narendra Modi attend the award ceremony and conferred Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (SSB) prizes for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 in New Delhi today. The theme for this year’s National Science Day is ‘Science for the People and the People for Science‘.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Brunei?Capital – Bandar Seri Begawan and Currency – Brunei dollar
- Who is the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank?Rakesh Sharma
- Gorumara National Park is located in which State?West Bengal
- Who is the Governor of the Maharashtra?C. Vidyasagar Rao
- Who is the CEO of ICICI Lombard?Bhargav Dasgupta