Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Former Minister, Speaker and Kerala Congress Party leader has passed away at the age of 76 year in Kerala. Who is he?
A.T S John
B.A K Arun
C.C B Balu
D.T N Naidu
Ans: A.T S John
Former minister, speaker and Kerala Congress (Secular) Party leader T S John has breathed his last at a private hospital at Chertala in Alapuzha Kerala. He was 76 year old.
- Who has been banned for two years by the International Tennis Federation for using the banned Substance meldonium?
Ans: C.Maria Sharapova
Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova was banned for two years by the International Tennis Federation. The ban comes after the Russian tested positive at the Australian Open 2016 for using the banned substance meldonium.
- Which stadium to host the first ever day-night test in India against the New Zealand in 2016?
West Bengal Cricket Association owned Eden Gardens will host to the first ever day-night Test in the country when India take on New Zealand later this year.
- Who has been appointed as the Secretary of Tamilnadu on replacement of K. Gnandesikan?
A.Rama Mohan Rao
B.Raja Ram Rao
C.Mano Ram Rao
D.Deepak Ram Rao
Ans: A.Rama Mohan Rao
Senior IAS officer Rama Mohan Rao has been appointed as the Secretary of Tamil Nadu he will fill the shoes of K. Gnanadesikan.
- Major General Gustaf Lodin, a high ranking Swedish military official will be the new head of which mission to monitor the ceasefire line?
A.India and China
B.India and Sri Lanka
C.India and Myanmar
D.India and Pakistan
Ans: D.India and Pakistan
A high-ranking Swedish military official Major General PerGustaf Lodin will be the new head of the United Nations mission tasked with monitoring the ceasefire line between India and Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Chairman and Managing Director Narendra Kumar Yadav resigned from which firm on completion of his tenure?
New Delhi based State-run firm MTNL Chairman and Managing Director Narendra Kumar Yadav has resigned on completion of his tenure.
- AYUSH Ministry is working towards which scheme to promote Yogo and it will start giving the award from 2017?
A.International Yoga Mantra
B.National Yoga Mantra
C.International Yoga Award
D.National Yoga Award
Ans: C.International Yoga Award
Union government has decided to introduce International Yoga Award Scheme with a view to promote yoga upon this AYUSH ministry is working on the scheme and it will start giving the award from 2017.
- International Yoga Day is being celebrated every year on which date to be globally recognized by the United Nations General Assembly?
Ans: B.June 21
International Yoga Day, is celebrated every year on June 21 and was declared to be globally recognized by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on December 11, 2014 upon the suggestion by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his UN Address.
- Tata Trusts joined with which firm for launching Internet Saathi Program in West Bengal to focus on training women and larger communities?
D.Tata Consultancy Services
Search giant Google India and Tata Trusts jointly launched Internet Saathi program in West Bengal to focus on training women and larger communities in the state to learn and explore various uses and benefits of the Internet.
- The Union Government has named the New Indian reserve Battalion as which personality on the occasion of the 475th Birth Anniversary?
Ans: C.Maharana Pratap
On the occasion of the 475th birth anniversary of Pratap, Union Government announced the New Indian reserve Battalion named after Maharana Pratap in Rajasthan.
- Which Government has decided to celebrate the 21st day of every month as Yoga day across all schools, colleges and universities?
D.Jammu and Kashmir
The Maharashtra government has decided to celebrate the 21st day of every month as Yoga Day across all schools, colleges and universities in the State.
- India ranked which position in the world’s largest consumer based on BP Statistical Review of World Energy Report 2015?
According to BP Statistical Review of World Energy report 2015 India has exceeded Japan to become the world’s third-largest oil consumer, with its oil demand galloping 8.1 % in 2015.
- Which country to eliminate month to child HIV transmission in Asian Country as declared by the World Health Organisation?
The World Health Organization has declared that Thailand has become the first Asian country to eliminate mother-to-child HIV transmission to ensure an AIDS-free generation.
- Who has been honoured with Russia’s Order of Friendship by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin?
A.Ban Ki Moon
Ans: A.Ban Ki Moon
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has been honoured with Russia’s Order of Friendship by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and the honour was published on the Russian official legal information site.
- India ranked which position among 163 countries in Global Peace Index announced by Institute for Economics and Peace?
Global Peace Index has been announced by Institute for Economics and Peace that India ranked 141st position out of 163 countries. India jumped from 143rd during last year to 141st position but the country’s performance has not been increased.
- The World Bank has decreased its forecast for the global growth to how many percent for the year 2016?
US based the World Bank has decreased its forecast for the global growth to 2.4% for the year 2016 and stated that world economy is challenging opposing forward motion.