AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 8 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- ’Kambala’, a traditional buffalo race is held in which Indian state?
Answer – 2.Karnataka
On June 7, 2017, The Union Ministry of Law and Justice has cleared the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Karnataka Amendment) Bill 2017, legalising kambala — the traditional slush track buffalo race — and will send it to the President for his assent.
- A national human milk bank has been inaugurated on June 6, 2017, in ______. This milk bank will provide breast milk to newborns and promote breastfeeding.
Answer – 1.New Delhi
A national human milk bank has been inaugurated at Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) in New Delhi to provide breast milk to newborns who cannot be nursed by their own mothers. The human milk bank and lactation counselling centre, ‘Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh’, will collect, pasteurise, test and store milk donated by lactating mothers and make it available for infants in need.
- On June 8, 2017, which State Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Civil Aviation Ministry for the implementation of UDAN scheme?
Answer – 4.Tamil Nadu
On June 8, 2017, Tamil Nadu state government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Civil Aviation Ministry for the implementation the UDAN scheme in the presence of Chief Minister K Palaniswami. Steps were being taken to start flight services to Hosur, Salem and Neyveli in the first phase under the “Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik” (UDAN) or regional connectivity scheme.
- BRICS Media Forumwas held from 7th to 8th June 2017 in:
1.New Delhi, India
3.Durban, South Africa
4.Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Answer – 5.Beijing, China
BRICS Media Forum was held in Beijing, China from 7th to 8th June 2017. The forum was attended by the leaders of over 25 media groups from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- In an effort to curb antibiotic resistance, World Health Organization (WHO)has divided the drugs into which three categories?
1.’access’, ‘watch’ and ‘reserve’
2.’access’, ‘watch’ and ‘hold’
3.’access’, ‘store’ and ‘reserve’
4.’access’, ‘store’ and ‘hold’
5.’store’, ‘watch’ and ‘reserve’
Answer – 1.’access’, ‘watch’ and ‘reserve’
In an effort to curb antibiotic resistance, World Health Organization (WHO) has divided the drugs into three categories viz. ‘access’, ‘watch’ and ‘reserve’ and has specified utilisation norms for each category. This is considered as the biggest revision of the antibiotics section in the 40-year history of the essential medicines list (EML).
- Which among the following is the highest-ranked Indian university in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018?
Answer – 2.IIT-Delhi
For the first time, the Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi has replaced Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, as the highest-ranked Indian university in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018. IIT-Delhi ranked 172, which marks an improvement of 13 spots compared to previous year’s rankings. IIT-Bombay jumped by 40 spots and ranked at 179. IISc’s ranking dropped from 152 last year to 190 this year.
- Which public sector bank organised a meeting of nearly 10,000 farmers to understand their credit need and provide finance?
1.Bank of Baroda
2.Punjab National Bank
3.State Bank of India
Answer – 3.State Bank of India
The meeting was organised at the bank’s 15,500 rural and semi-urban branches across the country on June 8, 2017. During the meeting, branches received applications for fresh loans as well as for renewal or enhancement of existing loan.
- Which private sector bank will start charging its customers for transactions made via the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) from July 10, 2017?
5.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer – 4.HDFC Bank
According to the email sent by HDFC Bank to its customers, for a transaction amount of upto Rs25,000, the fee will be Rs. 3 plus taxes, and for a transaction amount of Rs.25,001 to Rs.100,000, the bank will charge Rs. 5 plus taxes.
- Which company has topped the recently released Fortune 500 listfor fifth year in a row?
Answer – 4.Walmart
Elon Musk’s electric car startup Tesla along with other 19 companies has featured in Fortune magazine’s annual list of America’s top 500 companies for the first time. Tesla ranked 383 on the list on account of stellar sales growth of 73% last year. Walmart topped the Fortune 500 list for fifth year in a row. The combined total revenue of all 500 companies in the list touched $12.1 trillion, which is 65% of the U.S. GDP.
- According to BMI Research, a Fitch group company, which countries represent five favourite consumer markets in Asia, offering retailers the strongest consumer spending growth over its forecast period to 2021?
1.China, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, India and Philippines
2.China, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, India and Indonesia
3.China, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, India and Indonesia
4.China, Thailand, Vietnam, India and Indonesia
5.China, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, India and Bangladesh
Answer – 3.China, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, India and Indonesia
According to BMI Research, a Fitch group company, India is among the top five consumer markets in Asia offering retailers consumer spending growth of an average of 6.1 per cent over the next five years.
- Who among the following is among the 12 new astronauts chosen by NASA, who will be trained for missions into Earth orbit and to deep space?
Answer – 3.Raja Chari
NASA has chosen 12 new astronauts, including an Indian American Raja Chari, from a record number of over 18,000 applicants, who will be trained for missions into Earth orbit and to deep space. The seven men and five women comprise the 22nd class of American spaceflight trainees since 1959. This is the largest group NASA has selected in almost two decades.
- B K Manjunath has been appointed as part-time chairman of which bank?
3.Lakshmi Vilas Bank
4.Catholic Syrian Bank
5.City Union Bank
Answer – 3.Lakshmi Vilas Bank
At its meeting held on June 6 2017, the board of directors of Lakshmi Vilas Bank appointed B K Manjunath as part-time chairman for tenure of three years. Manjunath is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a practicing charted accountant for the last 25 years.
- According to a report by Open Signal, India has ranked _____, below neighbouring countries Pakistan and Sri Lanka in terms of internet data speed.
Answer – 3.74th
Average 4G download speed in India at 5.1Mbps is less than a third of the global average and only marginally higher than the global 3G speed of 4.4 Mbps. Average 3G download speed across India is less than 1 Mbps. Singapore scored the highest in 4G speed while South Korea scored highest in 4G availability.
- Who among the following is the only Indian sports person to feature among the world’s 100 highest paid athletes in the latest Forbes list?
Answer – 3.Virat Kohli
With a total pay of $ 22 million that includes $ 3 million from salary and winnings and another 19 million from endorsements, Virat Kohli, ranked 89th on the 2017 Forbes list of ‘The World’s highest paid athletes’. The list has been topped by soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo with a total pay of $93 million.
- What was the theme for ‘World Oceans Day’ 2017, celebrated on June 8, 2017?
1.Conserving Ocean Ecosystem
2.Econmic Virtue of Oceans
3.Protect the Ocean
4.Our Oceans, Our Future
5.Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet
Answer – 4.Our Oceans, Our Future
World Oceans Day was officially recognized by the United Nations in late 2008. The Ocean Project, working in partnership with the World Ocean Network, Association of Zoos and Aquariums, and many other partners in its network of 2,000 organizations, has been promoting World Oceans Day since 2002.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.