Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- World Oceans day is being celebrated every year on which date to remind the role of the oceans and to educate the public of the impact of human actions on the ocean?
World Oceans Day has been celebrated every year on 8 June to remind everyone of the major role the oceans have in everyday life and to educate the public of the impact of human actions on the ocean.
- Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal released book title the The World in 2050 – Striving for a More Just, Prosperous and Harmonious Global Community” written by which author?
A.Harinder S. Kohli
B.Mahindra K Arun
C.Arunan S Arul
Ans: A.Harinder S. Kohli
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal released book titled The World in 2050- Striving for a More Just, Prosperous and Harmonious Global Community penned by Harinder S. Kohli.
- Who received the first copy of a book The Education President published by the International Institute for Higher Education Research & Capacity Building, OP Jindal Global University?
D.Supreme Court Justice
The President Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of a book The Education President from Vice President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- KK Katyal passed away at the age of 89 years old due to illness. He belongs to which field?
Well-known journalist KK Katyal passed away after a brief illness. He was 89 year old.The journalist had worked with various newspapers that includes The Statesman, Hindustan Times, The Hindu and United States Information Services.
- Veteran musician and Nepal’s national anthem composer has passed away when he was 79 year old. Who is he?
Ans: B.Ambar Gurung
Veteran musician and Nepal’s national anthem composer AmbarGurung has passed away. He was 79 year old and was suffering from diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
- Chess master Viktor Korchnoi regarded as one the greatest chess players, passed away in, Switzerland when he was 85 year old. He belongs to which country?
Russian chess master Viktor Korchnoi regarded as one the greatest chess players, passed away in, Switzerland. He was 85 year old.
- Who has bagged a silver medal in 800 metre Athletics in the Josef Odlozil Memorial Athletics Meet in Prague, Czech Republic?
Explanation: Kerala hailed track and field athlete Tintu Luka bagged a silver medal in 800 making season’s best of 2:00.61 in the Josef Odlozil Memorial Athletics Meet in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy Minister has launched which mobile Application is developed by National Institute of Solar Energy?
Ans: B.Surya Mitra
Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy Minister Piyush Goyal has launched Surya Mitra mobile Application which is developed by National Institute of Solar Energy.
- Who has ranked the top position in the Forbes 2016 list of the World’s 100 most powerful women?
Ans: B.Angela Merkel
New York based Forbes announced the 2016 list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.The list is topped by Germany Chancellor, Angela Merkel.
- Indian Coast Guard joined with country to take part in a joint exercise code named Sahyog-Hyeobleod-2016 is being scheduled in the Bay of Bengal in Chennai?
Indian Coast Gaurd and their Korean Counterpart are taking part in a joint exercise codenamed Sahyog-Hyeobleod-2016 is being scheduled in the Bay of Bengal in Chennai. These exercises are scheduled every year alternately between the two countries.
- Which Government returned over 200 cultural artifacts valued over USD100 million to India?
Ans: D.United States
The US government returned over 200 cultural artifacts valued over USD100 million to India at a ceremony in Washington attended by PM Narendra Modi.
- Soumyajit Ghosh reached a new career-high of which rank in International Table Tennis Federationrankings?
Four Indian table tennis players also Rio Games qualifiers who also all – SoumyajitGhosh, AchantaSharath Kamal, Mouma Das and ManikaBatra have shown significant progress in their world rankings.
- Who has been appointed as the new director of Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia?
A.Dr. Shahid Rasool
B.Dr. Shahid Kapoor
C.Dr. Mahila Rasool
D.Dr. Mahila Kapoor
Ans: A.Dr. Shahid Rasool
New Delhi Headquartered Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia has appointed communication technology specialist Dr. Shahid Rasool as the new director of the institute.
- Japanese Automaker Suzuki Motor’s Chief Executive and Chairman Osamu Suzuki will step down as which position?
A.Chief Executive Officer
B.Chief Operation Officer
C.Chief Production Manager
Ans: A.Chief Executive Officer
Japanese Automaker Suzuki Motor’s Chief Executive and Chairman Osamu Suzuki will step down as CEO after revealing its use of wrong mileage testing methods.
- Kanger Ghati National Park is located in ___________
B. Tamil Nadu
Ans: C. Chhattisgarh
Kanger Ghati National Park (also called Kanger Valley National Park) was declared a national park in 1982 by the Government of India. Kanger Valley National Park is one of the most beautiful and picturesque national parks of India. Spread over an area of approximately 200 square kilometres consisting mainly of hilly terrain, the park derives its name from the Kanger River, which flows throughout its length.
- Which Firm held the top in the Fortune 500 list for the fourth consecutive year released in 2016?
US based Walmart held the top in the Fortune 500 list for the fourth consecutive year released in 2016.
- Which of the following companies is not listed in Fortune 500 list?
B.Oil& Natural Gas
8 Indian companies in Fortune 500 list.TATA STEEL, OIL & NATURAL GAS (ONGC), TATA MOTORS, STATE BANK OF INDIA,HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM, BHARAT PETROLEUM, RELIANCE INDUSTRIES, INDIAN OIL.