Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which country to host 11th edition of the Junior HockeyWorld Cup 2016 from December 8 to 18?
Explanation: The International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced that the men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 will be played in Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh from December 8 to 18 this year.
- Who has become the world’s highest paid female athlete, according to Forbes after overtaken Maria Sharapova?
D.Agnieszka RadwanskaAns: A.Serena Williams
Explanation: Serena Williams to become the world’s highest-paid female athlete, according to Forbes as she has overtaken Maria Sharapova as the world’s highest-paid sportswoman.
- The world’s first 3D-printed aircraft was kept on display in the Airbus booth at the 3D International Aerospace Exhibition in which country?
Explanation: Airbus’ mini-plane, named Thor which stands for Test of High-tech Objectives in Reality that was made as windowless plane weighs 20kg and is less than 4 meters long that assembled with has just 3 parts. The aircraft is totally 3D printed, apart from the electrical elements, which are erected from a substance called polyamide that makes lighter, faster and cheaper.
- Who has been conferred with highest award of the Olympic Movement Olympic order by The International Olympic Committee?
D.N. RamachandranAns: D.N. Ramachandran
Explanation: The International Olympic Committee has conferred the highest award of the Olympic Movement Olympic Order to Indian Olympic Association president N. Ramachandran for his outstanding services.
- Which Country awarded the Regius Professorship to Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya for his outstanding contribution in manufacturing?
D.United KingdomAns: D.United Kingdom
Explanation: Distinguished Indian-origin Professor Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya has been conferred with the prestigious Regius Professorship by Queen Elizabeth II for his outstanding contribution in manufacturing.
- Who has resigned the post of President from the British Multinational food Manufacturer United Biscuits?
D.Mukul RoyAns: C.Jayant Kapre
Explanation: British multinational food manufacturer United Biscuits president Jayant Kapre has quit after leading the maker of McVities biscuits.
- Who has been appointed as Managing Director for Social Media major Facebook, India Operations?
D.Umar GulAns: B.Umang Bedi
Explanation: Social Media major Facebook has appointed Umang Bedi as Managing Director, India operations. Bedi will lead in building and maintaining strategic relationships with top clients and regional agencies in the country.
- Ashok Ganapathy recently appointed as Director of which company to oversee the business of Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat circles?
Explanation: India’s largest wireless operator Bharti Airtel appointed Ashok Ganapathy as Director – Airtel Business of its Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat circles with effective from the 1st of July 2016. He succeeds Manish Prakash.
- NATO countries biggest ever joint military exercises Anaconda-16 was launched in in which country?
Explanation: The joint military Exercise is managed by Poland’s Lt Gen Marek Tomaszycki and around 31,000 Polish, US and other troops are participating in the land, sea and air exercises.
- Which Government accorded the approval of Solar Policy aims to form “an Environment-friendly solar City” through Rooftop solar System?
Explanation: The Delhi Government chaired by Arvind Kejriwal taken a significant step towards approval of Solar Policy aims to form the capital “an Environment-friendly solar city” through Rooftop solar System.
- Which district to have its own city animal with district administration announcing the Gangetic river Dolphin as the symbol?
Explanation: Assam’s Guwahati became the first city in the India to have its own city animal with the district administration announcing the Gangetic river dolphin as the symbol.
- Union Government inked with which Bank to sanction $120 million loan agreement to improve Irrigation and Water management?
Explanation: Union Government and the Manila based Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $120 million loan agreement to improve irrigation and water management infrastructure in Odisha.
- Which Government has initiated the Information Technology and Electronic based Start-up policy to support and provide financial assistance?
Explanation: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel has initiated the Information Technology and Electronics Start Up policy to support and provide financial assistance to 2,000 start ups in the state over next five years.
- SBI Chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya has been ranked at which position as the powerful women in finance in the Forbes list of 100?
Explanation: India’s largest lender’s Chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya, have been ranked as the twenty fifth powerful women in finance in the latest Forbes list.
- Prime Minister visited Switzerland to seek support for India’s membership in which group?
C.UN Security Council
Explanation: After successful visit to Qatar, Prime Minister Narendra modi made a visit to Switzerland to ask support for India’s Membership in Nuclear suppliers Groups and to raise the issues related to black money invested by Indians in Swiss Banks.
- What is the Cash Reserve ratio fixed by Reserve bank of India announced during Second Bi- Monthly monetary Policy for the FY 2016-17?
Explanation: Mumbai headquartered Reserve Bank of India announced Second Bi-Monthly Monetary policy for the year financial year 2016-17 and keeping unchanged the Policy rates and Reserve ratios. Repo rate and Cash Reserve Ratio unchanged at 6.50 % and 4 % respectively