Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the theme of the World Environment day is celebrated on June 5 to educate global awareness to take positive environmental action?
A.Go Wild for Life
B.Safe Wild for Life
C.Safe life for Wild
D.Go Safe WildAns: A.Go Wild for Life
World Environment Day is celebrated annually on June 5 to educate global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth, which this year focuses on the illegal trade of wildlife. The Theme 2016: Go Wild for Life.
- Veteran film actor has breathed her last at Mumbai residence after a prolonged illness at the age of 79. Who is he/she?
D.Raji MohindaAns: B.Sulabha Deshpande
Sulabha Deshpande had acted in numerous Marathi and Hindi films, In Hindi, the noteworthy films in which she appeared included Bhumika in 1977, she also had appeared in Gauri Shinde-directed English-Vinglish.
- Legendary body builder Manohar Aich to win maiden Mr Universe title has passed due to illness when she was 104. She belongs to which country?
The body builder was born in 1912 in Dhamti Village (currently in Bangladesh) continued chasing his dream in body building even after he was employed by the Royal Air Force progressed. Aich returned with winning the coveted title in 1952.
- Who has been qualified for the Rio Olympic Games under 90kg weight category from Punjab State after winning gold in Shillong South Asian Games?
D.Judoa SinghAns: C.Judoka Avtar
Punjab hailed top Indian judoka Avtar Singh has qualified for the Rio Olympic Games to be held later this year under 90kg weight category.
- Who has won the French open Tennis over United Kingdom based Andy Murray held in Paris, France in the year 2016?
D.Mahesh BhupathiAns: C.Novak Djokovic
The French Open, also called as Roland Garros is a major tennis tournament held in Paris, France. The tournament named after the French aviator Roland Garros.
Men’s Singles won by Novak Djokovic (Serbia).
- The Seventh Edition of World Carrom Championship to be hosted by the which country from November 2016?
D.United KingdomAns: D.United Kingdom
The Seventh Edition of World Carrom Championship to be hosted by the United Kingdom Carrom Federation at Birmingham from November this year.
- Who has been conferred with Amir Amanullah Khan Award – Afghanistan’s highest civilian award in appreciation of their services?
D.Hamid AnsariAns: A.Narendra Modi
The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has been conferred with Amir Amanullah Khan Award, which is the Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour.
- The International Monetary Fund has awarded how much amount of loan to Sri Lanka to meet balance of payments needs arising from external environment and pressures?
A.USD 1.2 billion
B.USD 1.1 billion
C.USD 1.5 billion
D.USD 1.3 billionAns: C.USD 1.5 billion
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has accorded a USD 1.5 billion loan to Sri Lanka with USD 168 million is transferred as the first Instalment with immediate effect to support the country’s economy.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vaundhara Raje Launched a mobile app ____________ for sharing information about air quality index of important cities?
On the eve of World Environment Day Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched a mobile app ‘RajVayu’ for sharing information about air quality index of Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur.
- Which state to have a state Data Centre designed using green data centre concept to provide 101 people concerned with service online?
D.BiharAns: C.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh to have a State Data Centre designed using green data centre concept, to provide 101 people-concerned with service online through an integrated data base. With this the state became the first state.
- India inked Memorandum of Understanding with which country to facilitate hassle free entry of Indians into the country at selected Airports?
D.ChinaAns: B.United States
India inked Memorandum of Understanding with United States to facilitate hassle free entry of Indians into the United States at Selected airports i.e providing for immediate security clearances.
- Prime Minister signed the Memorandum of Understanding with which country discussed about bilateral ties with an important Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member?
Prime Minister signed the Memorandum of Understanding with Qatar Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, discussed about bilateral ties with an important Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member.
- Eminent Indian-origin teacher-turned journalist and administrator has passed away in Singapore at the age of 57 while watching the football. Who is he?
A.Santokh Singh Grewal
B.Santhosh Singh Grewal
C.Santhom Singh Grewal
D.Sandak Singh GrewalAns: A.Santokh Singh Grewal
Explanation: He was 57. He breathed his last after dinner time as he watched the football match. He was well known for his passion for football and hockey, he won a number of awards for his reporting on sports all through his career.
- Union Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off which Express from Delhi’s Safdarjung Station through video conferencing between Delhi and Mumbai?
D.Tiger ExpressAns: D.Tiger Express
Union Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Tiger Trail Circuit Train from Delhi’s Safdarjung Station through video conferencing between Delhi and Mumbai. Tiger Express was launched on the eve of World Environment Day to mark the significance of environment in our lives.
- RajVayu has been designed by RSPCB jointly with ______ that built on the data Collected by sophisticated air quality monitoring equipment?
A.Indian Meterological Institute
B.Indian Institute of Technology
C.Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
D.None of theseAns: C.Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
The App has been designed by RSPCB jointly with Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology that built on the data collected by sophisticated air quality monitoring equipment and weather sensors.