Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which scheme is initiated by the Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to afford education loan at 1% interest to students for pursuing higher studies?
A.Odisha Siksha Abhiyan
B.Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana
C.Kalinga Siksha Yojana
D.Odisha Siksha Sathi YojanaAns: B.Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana
The purpose is to help for students pursuing higher education including Management, Law, Engineering and Medicine. The main aim of ensuring that meritorious students do not stop enrolling for higher education due to financial stress.
- Which temple is announced an aid of Rs. 25 crore over the next two years by the Union petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan for the infrastructure development?
A.Devi Dol Temple
D.Kedareswar TempleAns: C.Kamakhya temple
The Kamakhya Temple is situated on the Nilachal Hill in western part of Guwahati city in Assam is a Hindu temple dedicated to the mother goddess Kamakhya.
- Which is the name of newly built headquarters of Jharkhand’s special anti-Maoist force that is inaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh?
D.Jharkhand JaguarAns: D.Jharkhand Jaguar
The Jharkhand Jaguar, also known as Special Task Force, towards becoming a substitute for the central forces engaged in anti-guerrilla operations 22 of the state’s 24 Maoist-hit districts.
- What is the position of India out 130 countries in Human Capital Index that is released by the World Economic Forum in Geneva?
The position is topped by the Finland. The criteria for the ranking positions by Nations ability to nurture, Develop and organize talent for Economic Growth. The World Economic Forum is a Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva.
- The International Monetary Fund cleared decks for the payment of ________ for Pakistan taking the total amount given to the country to USD 6.1 billion in the last few years?
A.USD 501 million
B.USD 105 million
C.USD 401 million
D.USD 201 millionAns: A.USD 501 million
The decision comes after 11th review of Pakistans economic performance in a three-year program supported by an Extended Fund Facility (EFF) arrangement, that allows immediate disbursement of about USD 501 million to Pakistan. The CEO of IMF is Christine Lagarde. Its headquarters isin Washington, D.C.
- Which is the place the Indian naval ships are on a four day visit to enhance maritime cooperation between the navies of both countries?
The ships representing Indian Navy namely INS Sahyadri, Shakti and Kirch, under the Command of the Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, Rear Admiral SV Bhokare, as part of deployment of the Eastern Fleet to the South China Sea.
- Which eminent Chess Player honoured with ‘Honoris Causa’ Doctor of Science degree by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur?
D.Dibyendu BaruaAns: C.Viswanathan Anand
Five Time Chess World Champion Viswanathan Anand has been conferred with the Honorary Degree Doctor of Science by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- Which two Indians have won the 2016 Queen’s Young Leaders award presented by Queen Elizabeth at the Buckingham Palace?
A.Hritik Kumar and Sneha Malini
B.Hritik Sawhney and Sneha Swain
C.Kartik Kumar and Neha Malini
D.Kartik Sawhney and Neha SwainAns: D.Kartik Sawhney and Neha Swain
Sawhney, a visually challenged young man with a passion for education and a youth facilitator from Hyderabad, he founded Project STEMAccess, which offers hands-on science workshops in India, as well as virtual training sessions. Neha Swain is a youth facilitator and co-founder of NGO Rubaroo for young people, irrespective of their socio-economic background, to develop their leadership skills through interactive workshops.
- Which country appointed Noor Huda Roslan and Nenney Shuhaidah Shamsuddin as judges of Malaysia’s Islamic Shariah High Court for the first time in the history of the judiciary of the Muslim-majority country?
D.Sri lankaAns: B.Malaysia
The Government of Malaysia had ratified the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women and the appointments were in line with empowering women.
- Who is the CEO of Switzerland based Nestle which has selected a health care executive for the involvement of nutrition , health and wellness business?
A.Yogesh Chander Deveshwar
C.Ulf Mark Schneider
D.Varun BerryAns: C.Ulf Mark Schneider
Ulf Mark Schneider is the first outsider to take the helm at the Swiss group since 1922. He will succeed Paul Bulcke, who has been chief executive for more than eight years and is likely to become Nestlé’s chairman early next year. Prior to this Schneider is a German and American dual national, has headed health care giant Fresenius Group since 2003.
- What is name of capsule which is released by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) under the aegis of Ministry of Science and Technology for the regulation of glucose level?
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) under the aegis of Ministry of Science and Technology, has launched an anti-diabetic ayurvedic capsule priced at Rs. 5 per tablet. The Capsule named BGR-34, abbreviated name for Blood Glucose Regulator that designed for type 2 diabetes. AIMIL Pharmaceuticals will manufacture this drug and market it.
- Which place of Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir has successfully introduced Sericulture by the Scientists from Temperate Sericulture Research Institute of SKUAST?
Scientists succeed in introduction of Sericulture in Poyen Village of Kargil. The breading of Sericulture in Kargil will serve purpose of achieving cocoon productivity that will ultimately spur employment and generate income for rural youth and tribal farmers.
- In which place China sets up first Dark Sky Reserve for astronomical observation and sites preserving to limit light pollution?
The reserve sprawls over an area of 2,500 square kilometres was jointly iniated by the China Biodiversity Conservation and Green Development Foundation (GDF) and the regional government of Tibet.
- Which Indian shooter recently won silver in men’s 50-metre rifle 3 position event of the ISSF World Cup held in Baku, Ajerbaijan?
D.Rajeev RajputAns: C.Sanjeev Rajput
Ace Indian shooter Sanjeev Rajput bagged silver medal in men’s 50-metre rifle 3 position event of the ISSF World Cup in Baku Ajerbaijan. This is the third World Cup medal and his first in five years, Rajput finished seventh in the qualification with a score of 1167 in kneeling, prone and standing position.
- Who is the the 87-year-old Naga militant has died due to multi-organ failure at a private hospital in South Delhi?
B.Isak Chishi Swu
D.Neil O’ BrienAns: B.Isak Chishi Swu
The Chairman of Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-IM) who led a bloody insurgency in the Northeast for over three decades had been undergoing treatment. Isak Swu alongside NSCN-IM general secretary Thuingaleng Muivah made the group in 1980 opposing the Shillong Accord signed by the then Naga National Council (NNC) with the Centre for bringing peace in Nagaland.
- What is the name of the Book which has released by Scientists of Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE) to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi?
A.The Life of Banni Grassland
B.The Creature of Banni Grassland
C.The Birds of Banni Island
D.The Birds of Banni GrasslandAns: D.The Birds of Banni Grassland
The Book is accumulation of the research work, concerning to more than 250 species of birds found in the Banni area of Kutch, Gujarat. The GUIDE institute is located at Bhuj, has been studying the plant, bird and marine life in the Rann of Kutch for over 15 years.