Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which entry India joined in Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) for a complete member to enlighten in high end missile technology?
Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar signed a pact on multilateral export control regime for the first time. It is for the purpose of Mutual benefits in intensifying global non-proliferation norms and to enlighten in high end missile technology.
- For which route Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu laid train having Mainline Electric Multiple Unit based rail system?
A.Wadi to Kazipet
B.Patna to Ara
C.Ranchi to Bhadrak
D.Itanagar to Lumding
Ans: B.Patna to Ara
Railway Minister notified that the train service is mainly for the populous states of West Bengal, Jharkhand, UP and Bihar. The Mainline Electric Multiple Unit or MEMU is a commuter rail system in India.
- In which place the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh headed the 22nd meeting of eastern zonal council?
Ans: B.Ranchi, Jharkhand
The Zonal council comprising Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha and West Bengal. During the meeting range of issues being discussed like modernization of state police forces, measures to curb communal tension and Left Wing Extremism (LWE), curbing of drug trafficking, measures for bringing green revolution to eastern India.
- Which government inked a memorandum of understanding (MOU) deal for Rs 10,000 crore gas-based fertilizer project?
Ans: C.Andhra Pradesh
The MoU was signed during N Chandrababu Naidu’s on going visit to China, wherein he was participating in the World Economic Forum’s 10th annual meeting of New Champions in Tianjin.
- For which place the 17th International Indian Film Academy Awards was held?
The 17th Edition of International Indian Film Academy Awards is being celebrated in Spain. The whole event is hosted by Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar. The purpose to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in Bollywood, the Hindi language film industry.
- Which film won the best picture award in 17th International Indian Film Academy Awards?
A.Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Ans: B.Bajrangi Baijaan
The Best Picture Award award is won by the movie Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The casts of the film are Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor , Harshali Malhotra and others which is directed by famous director Kabir Khan.
- Which project is commissioned by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) which has two units of 14 MW in Afghanistan?
B.Hydro electric power
C.Nuclear power plant
D.Thermal power plant
Ans: B.Hydro electric power
To mark the contribution by the BHEL towards setting up of the project, its CMD Atul Sobti was honoured with an appreciation shield by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharati.
- Who is elected as a first new president of Iceland in 20 years after the 2008 global financial crisis and the Panama papers scandal?
B.Olafur Ragnar Grimsson
Ans: A.Gudni Johannesson
Iceland elected Gudni Johannesson as their first new president in 20 years, amidst distrust of politicians and business leaders after the 2008 global financial crisis and the Panama papers scandal. Johannesson who is a lecturer at the University of Iceland who has said he has never been a member of a political party, will take oath on Aug. 1.
- Which bank’s first annual general meeting has been participated by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to discuss about the investment in Infrastructure?
A.New Development Bank
B.Bank Central Asia
C.Asian Development Bank
D.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Ans: D.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Participated in the First Annual General Meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank to discuss about the investment in Infrastructure and accorded the approval to establish the Regional Office of AIIB in New Delhi.
- Which spiritual leader has been conferred with an Honorary Fellowship for his contributions in world’s peace and culture?
B.Baba Hardev Singh
C.Sathya Sai Baba
Ans: A.Ravi Shankar
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has been conferred with an Honorary Fellowship by an Indian student’s wing in the UK for his contributions to world peace and culture.
- Who is appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIFF)?
Ans: B.Sujoy Bose
Union government has appointed Sujoy Bose as the chief executive officer of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) that makes the way for the Rs 40,000-crore sovereign wealth fund to begin operations.
- Who has appointed by U.S. Secretary of State by Brussels based North Atlantic Treaty Organization as its next deputy secretary-general?
Ans: D.Rose Gottemoeller
Gottemoeller is the highest-ranking woman and second highest-ranking civilian official in its history to be named for the post also the first woman to hold the job who will take up her new position Oct. 1. Gottemoeller will advise Secretary of State John Kerry on arms control, non-proliferation and disarmament. She succeeds Alexander Vershbow.
- Which country has bagged Copa America Title formerly known as the South American Football Championship finals at MetLife Stadium?
In the Title Clash Chile defeated Argentina 4-2 through penalties shootout. This was second America title for Chile, it won the first title in 2015 that also became the first team to win the title in successive years since Argentina in 1946 and 1947.
- Which player announced his retirement from international football because of stressful defeat in the finals of the Copa America League?
Ans: C.Lionel Messi
Messi , 29 year old is a five-time FIFA player of the year, winner of four Champions League titles and eight Spanish La Liga crowns with Barcelona. He retirement from international football after his side crashed to an upset defeat against Chile in the title clash of the Copa America League.