Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- For which train route Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated maiden train by providing good infrastructure service in the railway sector?
A.Jabalpur – Chunar
B.Wadi – Kazipet
C.Delhi – Katra
D.Sonepat – JindAns: D.Sonepat – Jind
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu along with Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar initiated maiden train between Sonepat – Jind in Chandigarh having distance of 81 km.
- Which canal is officially opened after 9 years of work having 80 km long too far aimed at boosting transit revenues and global trade?
Panama officially opened its revamped 80-kilometer long canal to far bigger cargo ships after nearly a decade of expansion work aimed at boosting transit revenues and global trade. The expansion is estimated to have cost USD 5.5 billion.
- Which archaeological site has been declared as the South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SARRC) cultural capital for the year 2016-17?
A.Divination Shrines, Armenia
B.Etruscan Underground Pyramids, Italy
D.Por Bajin, SiberiaAns: C.Mahasthangarh, Bangladesh
The cultural capital will be the historic place will host festivals on literature, films, foods and dances from October 2016 to September 2017. The same year 2016-17 has also been declared the SAARC Year of Cultural Heritage.
- Which place the American Beverage giant Coca-Cola will set up a bottling plant about 70 acres of land provided by the state government?
D.Patiala, PunjabAns: C.Sitarganj, Jharkhand
The Company will set up the plant with the total investment of Rs.400-500 crore and has submitted an earnest money deposit of Rs.1.26 crore. Coca-Cola executives have completed field inspections and have hired a company as consultant on environmental issues.
- Who is the former BCCI boss has been re-elected President of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) during the state body’s Annual General Meeting held in Chennai?
D.Shashank ManoharAns: B.N Srinivasan
In the Meeting KS Viswanathan was also re-elected as secretary of TNCA for the 10th time as he too did not face any opposition. Srinivasan has been in charge of the TNCA since 2002-03.
- Who is the former Indian cricketer was named as head coach of the Afghanistan National Cricket Team?
D.Lalchand RajputAns: D.Lalchand Rajput
He succeeds ex-Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq who resigned from the post in April. The Mumbai hailed batsman played two Tests and four ODI matches between 1985 and 1987. After his retirement, Rajput served as joint secretary of Mumbai Cricket Association.
- How many Indian sportsmen who qualified for the Rio Olympics to be held in August this year?
Explanation: In London Olympics India was represented by 83 athletes. The list of qualifiers are Atanu Das (Archer), Srabani Nanda, (Sprinter), Mohammad Anas (Sprinter), Ankit Sharma (Long Jump).
- India’s sole athletics World Championship medal winner Anju Bobby George and chief national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand have been enrolled as members of ______ India, a national programme for the development of sports.
Khelo India Committee will be headed by Sports Secretary Rajiv Yadav also this committee has seven-member committee, in which Anju and Gopichand are the two sportspersons. Anju known for her feats as a long jumper, Anju has recently quit as the president of the Kerala Sports Council.
- Which artist passed away due to age related ailments at his residence in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala who is initially started his career as a lawyer?
C.Kavalam Narayana Panicker
D.Kalabavan ManiAns: C.Kavalam Narayana Panicker
Theatre Artist Kavalam Narayana Panicker passed away due to age related ailments at his residence in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. He was 88 year old. Narayana started his career as a lawyer in 1955 also successfully blended the classical tradition and folk elements in the format of contemporary theatre.
- Which day is observed since 1987 against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse?
D.June 26Ans: D.June 26
International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed every on June26 annually since 1987 to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse. The UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has teams up with other organizations, over the years, been actively involved in launching campaigns to mobilize support for drug control.
- Which day is observed every year as the UN International Day in support of Victims of Torture to speak out against the crime of torture?
D.August 12Ans: C.June 26
The UN International Day in support of Victims of Torture is observed every year on 26 June to speak out against the crime of torture and to honor and support victims and survivors across the world.