AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 24 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 24, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ____ Metro’s Mundka-Bahadurgarh section?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Delhi
The 11.2-km-long fully-elevated Mundka-Bahadurgarh corridor is part of the Delhi Metro’s Green Line. The Mundka-Bahadurgarh stretch, with seven stations, would be an extension of the existing Green Line (standard-gauge tracks) from Inderlok to Mundka. After the opening of this corridor, the entire Inderlok-Bahadurgarh section would become 26.33 km long. After this, The Delhi Metro network will now expand to 288 km with 208 stations.
- Which state has secured the number one spot in the Swachh Survekshan 2018 report?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Indore
States Position Jharkhand 1 Maharashtra 2 Chattisgarh 3
Cities Ranking Indore 1 Bhopal 2 Chandigarh 3
Organisation Place Category Bakeys Foods Private Limited Hyderabad ‘Swachh Innovation’ Saahas Waste Management Private Limited Bengaluru Swachh Best Practice category Daily Dump Bengaluru Swachh Entrepreneur award
- On June 24, 2018, The Union government has sanctioned ____ for tourism development projects in Himachal Pradesh?
1.Rs 1,800 crore
2.Rs 1,500 crore
3.Rs 2,200 crore
4.Rs 1,900 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 1,800 crore
The Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur announced that Garagushaini area would be developed from eco-tourism point of view. He laid foundation stone of for the Science Lab block of the Government Senior Secondary School. The government has also provided Rs 5 crore for Degree College Gadaguisaini. Helicopter services between Shimla and Chandigarh are being operated thrice a week to facilitate tourists.
- On June 23,2018, The Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Vijay Sampla inaugurated a three day Photo Exhibition on ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and Khelo India Khelo’ in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Chandigarh
On June 23,2018, The Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Vijay Sampla in augurated a three day Photo Exhibition on‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and Khelo India Khelo’ in Chandigarh. This event was organized by The Photo Journalists Welfare Association. 88 Photographs of 49 Photo Journalists are displayed in the exhibition from all over India and abroad. The participation of girls in the field of Photo Journalism was emphasized.
- On June 23,2018, where did the 22nd edition of 3-day annual Sindhu Darshan Festival celebrated on the bank of Indus River begin?
1.Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
3.Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
This year marked the 22nd Sindhu Darshan festival and it was started by the former Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani in 1997. The Festival organised by Sindhu Darshan Yatra Samiti and Ladakh Phandey Tsogspa, Leh. It was inaugurated by RSS General Secretary Bhaiya Ji. The event focused on national integration, communal harmony and national pride.
- On June 23,2018, which state Government announced the launch of the Rs 870-crore pilot project of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana (SKY), a first of its kind in India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Gujarat
Using this project the farmers would use solar energy for irrigation and they can sell the surplus power via grid. The farmers would have to invest only five per cent of the total amount and 60 per cent would be given as part of the Centre-state government’s subsidy. They can begin by generating 5 MW electricity. The state government will give a low interest loan on 35 per cent of the amount for seven years. Under this the state government will buy electricity from the farmers at Rs 7per unit and for the remaining 18 years at Rs 3.50 per unit.
- India’s first robotic telescope located at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO) at Hanle in _____ has started observing the skies?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Ladakh
This is India’s first robotic telescope and the first one designed to observe dynamic or transient events in the universe. The telescope started observation on 12th June 2018. The facility at Hanle is called GROWTH-India. It is part of a multi-country collaborative initiative called ‘Global Relay of Observatories Watching Transients Happen’ (GROWTH) to observe transient events in the universe. The fully robotic optical research telescope has been designed to capture cosmic events happening in timescales much shorter than light years. Universities and research institutes from the US, the UK, Japan, India, Germany, Taiwan and Israel are part of this initiative.
- Indian President Mr. Ram Nath Kovind visited Greece on June 18-19, 2018. He gave a speech at Hellenic Foundation for Europe and Foreign Policy in _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Athens
On June 19,2018, The President gave a speech at Hellenic Foundation for Europe and Foreign Policy in Athens. He emphasized India’s commitments towards rules-based international order and multipolarity in international governance. India’s role in connectivity and viable transparent and sustainable investments for developmental purposes.
- On June 21,2018, President Ram Nath Kovind announced to extend a Line of Credit of ____ and a concessional financing of USD 20 million to Suriname?
1.USD 31 million
2.USD 500 million
3.USD 50 million
4.USD 45 million
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.USD 31 million
On June 21,2018, The president announced extend a Line of Credit of USD 31 million and a concessional financing of USD 20 million to Suriname. This will strengthen their economic relations and development partnership. The financing of USD 20 million for setting up a solar project to provide clean energy to a cluster of 49 villages in Suriname. Out of the USD 31 million grant, USD 27.5 million is to support a power transmission project in PikinSaronarea and USD 3.5 million for maintenance of Chetak helicopters.
- On June 23,2018, The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, delivered a lecture on “India and the Global South” at Havana University in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Cuba
On June 23,2018, The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, delivered a lecture at Havana University in Cuba . The subject of the lecture was on – “India and the Global South”. It aimed at the the values of South-South Cooperation among the southern countries. He also welcomed the move of United Nations for hosting the second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation in Buenos Aires in 2019.
- June 18, 2018, marked the ____ year of establishment of diplomatic ties between India and Italy?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.70th
On June 18,2018,marks the 70th year of establishment of diplomatic ties between India and Italy. They agreed for a meeting on Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC) in India in 2018. India welcomed Italy’s participation as a partner country at the Tech Summit in India to be held in November 2018.
- Indian Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj met Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Jean-Yves Le Drian on the occasion of the Indo-French strategic partnership’s _____ anniversary?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.20th
On June 19,2018, External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj announced a bilateral Letter of Intent was signed between India and France in her presence on cooperation in the field of conservation of pre-historic ornate caves and rock shelters. This was signed between the ministry of culture of India and the ministry of culture of France. It would aid conservation efforts at the Bhimbetka caves in India and the caves of Lascaux and Chauvet in France.
- Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and ____, the Prime Minister of Luxembourg discussed on enhancing bilateral and India-EU trade and investment ties, digital and space cooperation, fintech and diaspora contribution, during Sushma Swaraj’s Luxembourg visit on 20th June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Xavier Bettel
This year marks as the 70th year of diplomatic ties and the first ever visit to Luxembourg by an External Affairs Minister from India. On her visit Swaraj met Hon’ble Grand Duke of Luxembourg His Royal Highness Henri Albert Gabriel Félix Marie Guillaume. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Mr. Xavier Bettel, the Prime Minister of Luxembourg discussed on a wide range of issues including enhancing bilateral and India-EU trade and investment ties, digital and space cooperation, fintech and diaspora contribution.
- During Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s visit to Belgium on June 22,2018, she said that, India looks forward to the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit. When is the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit scheduled to be held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.October 2018
On June 22,2018, MEA Sushma Swaraj spoke of India and EU’s stand for global peace and security. Sushma Swaraj said India looks forward to the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit which is scheduled to be held in October 2018. India has agreed to cooperate on global issues and work together on climate change.
- Which Indian body received an award at the X International IT Forum, in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia, for its support and active participation at the forum, continuously two years?
1.NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies)
2.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
3.ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India)
4.ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
The Forum was organised by the Government of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug-Ugra region. Industry leaders from BRICS and SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation) countries and other countries participated in the forum. The forum acted as a single platform to discuss collaboration in information technology and digital transformation sectors. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), industry members, senior government officials and representatives from academia also took part in the forum.
- Students from KCJ College of Engineering of which state have won first prize at the Smart India Hackathon 2018 Hardware Edition under the ‘Smart Communication’ category conducted at the CSIR-CEERI in Pilani, Rajasthan?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Tamil Nadu
Students from KCJ College of Engineering had made a device that helps school children with kinesthetic dyslexia who find it difficult to read, write or interpret words, letters and other symbols. Second prize was won by a team from Bengaluru and third spot was secured by a team from Delhi for finding a solution to the problem of lost baggage at airports. This was the second edition of the hackathon. The hackathon was a technical event conducted at the national level. It was organised by the Union Human Resources Development Ministry to encourage creativity among youth and promote the digital India initiative.
- Who was awarded the ‘Chief Minister of the Year’ award for extraordinary work in e-governance, at the 52nd Skoch Summit, in New Delhi?
1.Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
2.Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
3.Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
4.Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
Union Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh was the chief guest at the event. The award was received by Vasundhara Raje’s OSD in advisory council Dr Anuj Saxena and joint director of IT department R L Solanki on her behalf. The award was presented by Skoch Group chairman Sameer Kochhar. Vasundhara Raje’s efforts in implementing the prime minister’s Digital India campaign was appreciated.
- Name the person who took charge as the fourth Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on 22ndJune 2018?
2.Mahesh Kumar Jain
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mahesh Kumar Jain
Mahesh Kumar Jain was the MD & CEO of IDBI Bank before being appointed as Deputy Governor of RBI. The government has appointed him as the Deputy Governor of the RBI for a term of three years. He succeeds SS Mundra who retired in August 2017. Deputy Governor N.S. Vishwanathan was looking over the banking supervision department after S.S. Mundra retired. Usually, the supervisory department is handled by the Deputy Governor who has been a commercial banker.
- On 23rd June 2018, who assumed charge as Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir?
4.K P Vohra
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.BVR Subrahmanyam
B V R Subramanyam is a 1987 batch IAS officer of the Chhattisgarh cadre. He assumed charges from the outgoing Chief Secretary B B Vyas. B B Vyas was offered 1 year extension in service last month. He has been appointed the adviser to Jammu and Kashmir Governor Narinder Nath Vohra. B V R Subramanyam served as the Additional Chief Secretary Home under the Chhattisgarh Government. He has held positions like Director in the Union Commerce Ministry, Private Secretary to the then Prime Minister during 2004-2008, Senior Advisor with the World Bank from June 2008 to September 2011.
- A turtle fossil that dates back to 150 million years ago, to the Jurassic period, has been discovered in Chongqing municipality, in which country?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.China
A turtle-shell-shaped “rock” was found by a farmer in Qijiang district in early June 2018. Paleontologists from the municipal exploration bureau confirmed that it was a fossil of a snake-necked turtle from the Jurassic period. The fossil will be placed for display at the geological museum of Qijiang district.
- Which Indian tennis player bagged her first singles title on the ITF Pro circuit at the Hong Kong ITF Tournament?
4.Karman Kaur Thandi
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Karman Kaur Thandi
Karman Kaur Thandi defeated China’s Jia-Jing Lu 6-1 6-2 in the finals. Karman Kaur Thandi is 20 years old. She hails from Delhi. Karman Kaur Thandi who is ranked 261 has defeated Jia-Jing who is ranked 185 for the second time. Karman Kaur Thandi defeated Jia-Jing for the first time at the Navi Mumbai event in 2017. Karman Kaur Thandi obtained 50 ranking points through this win. She has already bagged three ITF doubles titles.
- Name the Indian swimmer who won gold medal in men’s 50 meter breaststroke event at the Singapore National Swimming Championships in Singapore, on 23rd June 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sandeep Sejwal
On 23rd June 2018, Indian swimmer Sandeep Sejwal won gold medal in men’s 50 meter breaststroke event at the Singapore National Swimming Championships in Singapore. Sandeep Sandeep broke the Singapore meet record with a timing of 27:59 seconds and won gold medal. He improved his own time of 27.68 seconds in the semi-final. Also, India’s Virdhawal Khade secured a silver medal in the 50 meter freestyle event with a timing of 22.68 seconds.
- On 23rd June 2018, B Sujatha Devi died at a private hospital after a short term illness, in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. She was a _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.poet
Sujatha Devi was 72 years old. She had received the Kerala Sahitiya Akademi award. She is the younger sister of Poetess Sugatha Kumari and late Hridya Kumari. She is also a popular travel writer. She had worked as English professor in several government colleges in Kerala.
- WWF-India has launched its first-ever comic book named ‘The Great Indian Nature Trail with Uncle Bikky’. Name the CEO of WWF-India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ravi Singh
The book appreciates the geographical diversity of India. It follows the travels of its protagonists Uncle Bikky, Chunmun and their dog Duggu. During their travel they learn about wildlife throughout India. The book consists of facts and quizzes at the end of each comic. The book is divided into more than 16 chapters. The book is the joint work of Rohan Chakravarty and Bijal Vachharajani.
- On 22nd June 2018, Ambubachi Mela, the annual 4 day festival, started at Kamakhya Temple in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Assam
The temple authorities will close the main door of the sanctum sanctorum on Friday to lock the Mother Goddess in for her annual menstrual period. The temple will reopen on Tuesday morning and the lakhs of devotees will be allowed to visit and worship the Goddess. During this period, the Hindus do not worship and farmers do not plough their land. The Assam Tourism Development Corp (ATDC) is making all out efforts to make it a colourful festival to attract more tourists than just the religious and spiritual ones and has drawn up elaborate plans to promote state’s tourism through the festival.
- Name the Indian chess player who has become the world’s second youngest grand master?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.R. Praggnanandhaa
The Chennai-based youngster made the third and final norm in style by winning the ninth and concluding round of the Fourth International Chess Festival ad Gredine Open at Ortisei, Italy. Praggu, as he is fondly called by his coach and mentor GM R.B. Ramesh, defeated Dutch GM Roeland Pruijssers in 40 moves to tie for the title with Croatia’s Ivan Saric at 7.5 points before settling for the second spot.
- Which actor was honoured with outstanding achievement award at the London Indian Film Festival?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Richa Chadha
Richa Chadha was honoured with outstanding achievement award at the London Indian Film Festival for her performance in Tabrez Noorani’s “Love Sonia”.Richa is currently in London attending the ongoing London Indian Film Festival, where “Love Sonia” had its premiere. The film, which also stars Anupam Kher, Rajkumar Rao, Manoj Bajpayee and Sai Tamhankar, opened to packed audiences at the famous Leicester Square last evening and got a thunderous response.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Chimmony Wildlife Sanctuary located?Kerala
- Who is the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank?B Sriram
- What is the tag line of Vijaya Bank?A Friend You Can Bank On
- Who is the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?Rashesh Shah
- Name the President of ITF (International Tennis Federation)?David Haggerty