AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 2 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 2, 2017, Chief Minister of which state announced 6-point comprehensive plan for farmers?
Answer – 2.Telangana
During the occasion of State Formation Day on June 2, 2017, Telangana Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao announced 6-point comprehensive plan for farmers in Secunderabad which includes 8 thousand rupees cash assistance per acre per annum to each farmer in the state and 24/7 continuous electricity supply.
- Which city will get India’s first ‘freight village’?
Answer – 1.Varanasi
Varanasi will get India’s first ‘freight village’ spread over around 100 acres. The plan to set up this project close to the upcoming multi-mode terminal along the Ganga has attracted major players including Dubai Port World and IL&FS.
- Punjab State Government has decided to join hands with which country for imparting skill training and technical education to the youths of the state in order to provide them better employment opportunities abroad?
Answer – 3.UK
Punjab technical education minister Charanjit Singh Channi, after meeting deputy high commissioner of Britain, Andrew Ayre said that Punjab Government was focusing on providing quality education to the youth to enable them get jobs in the leading industries of the world.
- Which State Government will commence automatic coastal warning system for disasters by July 2017?
Answer – 4.Odisha
Odisha State government is all set to commission the ambitious Early Warning Dissemination System (EWDS) that would enable loud sirens go off simultaneously from towers at 122 locations by July 2017. Odisha is the first State in India to have developed an automatic public address system that can be activated along its entire coast.
- Which among the following developed country has announced to withdraw from the 2015 Paris agreement that is aimed to fight climate change?
Answer – 1.US
US President Donald Trump has stated that The Paris climate agreement gives undue advantage to India and China at the cost of the Unite States’ interests. He believes that the Paris agreement would lead to a redistribution of American wealth to other countries and transfer of American jobs abroad.
- As per NITI Aayog, India’s economy is expected to grow at ______% in the fiscal ending in March 2018
Answer – 3.7.5%Explanation :
Niti Ayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya said that India’s economy is expected to grow at 7.5% in the fiscal year ending in March 2018. Speaking at a press conference, he said that the economy will witness a “good” turnaround as early as the next (April-June) quarter itself.
- Who among the following has won 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee competition of US?
Answer – 3.Ananya Vinay
A class six student from Fresno, California, Ananya took home a $40,000 cash prize after competing for 12 hours and spelling 35 words correctly. Ananya is the 13th consecutive Indian-American winner of the competition and the 18th of the past 22 winners with Indian heritage, a run that began in 1999 with Nupur Lala’s victory, which was featured in the documentary “Spellbound.”
- Who among the following has taken additional charge as the economic affairs secretary after Shaktikanta Das announced his retirement?
Answer – 4.Tapan Ray
Shaktikanta Das has announced his retirement as the Corporate Affairs Secretary, after being associated with the Government of India for almost 37 years. He will be succeeded by Tapan Ray, who will take the additional charges as the new Economic Affairs Secretary.
- Aleksandar Vucic has been sworn in as the new President of:
Answer – 1.Serbia
Aleksander Vucic formally stepped down from his Prime Minister’s post on May 31, 2017 and took over his new role after his landslide win in April’s election. He announced that Serbia would not join NATO or become “member of any other military alliance”.
- On June 1, 2017, RBI announced appointment of ___________ as Executive Director (ED)
2.S Ganesh Kumar
3.V K Munshi
4.L J Sitaram
Answer – 2.S Ganesh Kumar
S Ganesh Kumar, who took charge on June 1, 2017, will succeed Chandan Sinha. As Executive Director, Ganesh Kumar will look after Department of Information Technology, Department of Payment and Settlement Systems and Department of External Investments and Operations.
- Securities & Exchange Board of India,has approved the merger of which two telecom companies?
2.Idea Cellular – Telenor India
4.Reliance Communications – Telenor India
5.Reliance Jio – Telenor India
Answer – 1.Airtel-Telenor
Bharti Airtel, the country’s No. 1 phone company, said it received approvals from the Securities & Exchange Board of India, Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India for its proposed merger with Telenor India.
- On June 2, 2017, India successfully test-fired its indigenous nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile from a test range in Odisha. Prithvi – II has a strike range of:
Answer – 1.350 km
The Prithvi-II missile is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines. It uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target with precision and accuracy.
- Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has mentioned that second Scorpene-class submarine is ready for surface sea trials. Total how many Scorpene-class submarines are being built under ‘Project 75’ of the Indian Navy?
Answer – 3.six
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said on June 1, 2017, the second Scorpene-class submarine is ready for surface sea trials. The first Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari has already undergone various trials and is expected to be inducted in the Indian Navy later this year. Six Scorpene-class submarines are being built under ‘Project 75’ of the Indian Navy.
- Which e-commerce platform for construction and infrastructure raw material for government and private procurement was launched by Minister for road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari on June 1, 2017?
Answer – 2.INAM PRO+
The website inampro.nic.in launched by the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation (NHIDCL), a road ministry public sector undertaking, will act as a repository of all raw materials suppliers and manufacturers in the country from where people and construction companies, along with public sector companies, can buy construction material at competitive rates.
- The West Indies Cricket Board chief executive Johnny Grave has announced that their team will now be officially called _____ and not West Indies.
Answer – 3.Windies
West Indies Cricket Board announced in a media release on their official website that the cricket team from now on will be officially known as ‘WINDIES.’ The name ‘Windies’ has been associated with the cricket teams that have been representing the Carribean islands in a more colloquial way.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.