AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 18 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 18, 2018, US officials from Pentagon met the Indian experts on negotiation of communications military agreements in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
The talks are based on the military agreement between India and US in 2016 on Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA). The agreements consist of COMCASA and Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-spatial Cooperation (BECA) and singing of the Indian counterparts are required for this to take shape. It is meant to facilitate the use of high-end secured communication equipment to be installed on military platforms being sold to India.
- From 18th to 24th June 2018, European Union Film Festival (EUFF) 2018 is held in Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting ____?
1.Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
European Union Film Festival (EUFF) will be held from 18th June to 31st August 2018 in 11 Indian cities: New Delhi, Chennai, Port Blair, Pune, Puducherry, Kolkata, Jaipur, Visakhapatnam, Thrissur, Hyderabad and Goa. 24 latest European films from 23 European Union (EU) Member States have been selected for EUFF 2018. On 18th June 2018, the Festival was inaugurated at the Siri fort auditorium in Delhi by Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore. Amit Khare, Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting; Raimund Magis, Deputy head of Delegation of the European Union to India; Chaitanya Prasad, Additional Director General, Directorate of Film Festivals; Katarina Tomkova, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of the Slovak Republic were also present at the occasion.
- On June 18, 2018, The Bengaluru-based KisanKraft intends to take the ___ technology to five states during this kharif season and conduct demonstrations to reach out to more farmers?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.aerobic rice
The aerobic rice technology is a solution for water-stressed paddy farmers. It would help in restoring soil conditions while contributing to national food security. Since there is no puddling and no standing water, hence costs associated with the use of water and pumping cost is also minimized. As against up to 5,000 litres of water required to produce one kg of wetland rice, the aerobic rice requires only up to 2,500 litres.
- On 16th June 2018, which state government launched the GPS (Global Positioning System) and wireless based 24×7 “mobile policing” service to control crime, mainly against women?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tripura
Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the “mobile policing” service. He said that, with the introduction of “mobile policing” service, people don’t have to go to the police. Police will reach the spot within a few minutes to tackle the situation. Police chief Akhil Kumar Sukhla said that, the complete service will be monitored and directed using GPS and wireless based technology. As per the ‘mobile policing’ service, a police van or a small vehicle with police personnel will be patrolling 24*7 in their assigned zone. The mobile patrolling will be in constant contact with the nearest police station, outpost and higher authorities.
- On 14th and 15th June 2018, where was the 28th Plenary Meeting of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) held?
4.Columbo, Sri Lanka
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Jūrmala, Latvia
The NSG plenary meeting was chaired by Ambassador Jānis Zlamets of Latvia. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia, H.E. Mr. Edgars Rinkēvičs, welcomed the Participating Governments on behalf of Latvia. The NSG reviewed the developments since the last meeting in Bern in 2017. Participating Governments exchanged information on global proliferation challenges. They reiterated their support for the full, complete and effective implementation of the Treaty on Non-proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT). On the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), the Participating Governments noted the developments in the DPRK since the 2017 NSG Plenary in Bern.
- On June 18, 2018, The Reserve Bank has eased investment norms for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) in debt, especially into individual large corporates. The RBI increased the FPIs cap on investment in government security to what per cent of the outstanding stock of that security, from 20 per cent earlier?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.30 %
The RBI increased the FPIs cap on investment in government security to 30 per cent of the outstanding stock of that security, from 20 per cent earlier. FPIs were allowed to invest in government bonds with a minimum residual maturity of three years. FPIs are permitted to invest in Government securities (G-secs), including treasury bills, and SDLs without any minimum residual maturity requirement, subject to the condition that short-term investments( Investments with maturity of one year) by an FPI under either category shall not exceed 20 per cent of the total investment of that FPI in that category.
- Name India’s indigenously built artillery gun that has passed the final tests successfully and is ready to be inducted to the Army?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dhanush
It was the 3rd and final phase of testing which was done from May 31 to June 7th 2018. There were firing of 6 Dhanush guns in battery formation. A total of 301 rounds were fired from these 6 guns. Each gun travelled a distance of 1000km in desert and high altitude terrains. After the general staff evaluation the bulk production would take place where 114 guns would be inducted in the Indian Army by the next two years.
- When was International Picnic Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.June 18
The International Picnic Day is celebrated in many countries on 18th June every year. Its origin is uncertain. Charity events, school picnics and various types of group meals are held to commemorate this day. The word “picnic” originated from the French language. It relates to informal outdoor meal. Picnic became a popular time pass in France after the Revolution.
- When was Sustainable Gastronomy Day observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.June 18
In 2016, the UN General Assembly declared 18 June as Sustainable Gastronomy Day. Sustainable gastronomy can play a major role in promoting agricultural development, food security, nutrition, sustainable food production and the conservation of biodiversity. Observance of Sustainable Gastronomy Day acknowledges gastronomy as a cultural expression related to the natural and cultural diversity of the world.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Kankaria Lake located?Gujarat
- Who is the Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)?Anupam Kher
- Where is Bhimashankar Temple located?Pune, Maharashtra
- Which state houses the Clouded Leopard National Park?Tripura
- What is the full form of FDI?Foreign Direct Investment