Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- India won which medal in the 36th edition of the Hockey Champions Trophy held in London?
D.None of the Above
India finished with Silver Medal in the 36th edition of the Hockey Champions Trophy after losing to Australia in the final. Both teams were goalless after regular time and Australia defeated India 3-1 to win their 14th title after a penalty shoot-out at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre in London.
- Which Aerospace company successfully deployed two satellites but the Falcon 9 rocket crashed into its drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean?
California headquartered Aerospace Company SpaceX successfully deployed two satellites but the Falcon 9 rocket that carried them into orbit then crashed into its drone ship while touching down in the Atlantic Ocean from Cape Canaveral’s Complex 40 launch pad.
- Which Shipyard handed over the Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Aryaman to Indian Coast Guard will be operated from the Coast Guard Station at Kochi?
Cochin Shipyard handed over the Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Aryaman to Indian Coast Guard which will be operated from the Coast Guard Station at Kochi.
- India’s Indigenous basic trainer aircraft named as _____________________ developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited made its inaugural flight in HAL Bengaluru.
A.Hindustan Turbo Trainer-33
B.Hindustan Turbo Trainer-44
C.Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40
D.Hindustan Turbo Trainer-30
Ans: C.Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40
India’s indigenous basic trainer aircraft, Hindustan Turbo Trainer-40 (HTT–40) developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited made its inaugural flight in Bengaluru in the presence of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar at the HAL Airport in Bengaluru.
- Who has taken over as a General Officer Commanding of the Jammu Based Tiger division after successor of Major General Sanjeev Narain?
A.Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
B.Sathish Kumar Singh
C.Sankar Kumar Sharma
D.Sujith Kumar Sinha
Ans: A.Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
Major General Sanjeev Kumar Sharma is set to take over as a General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Jammu-based Tiger Division. He succeeds Maj Gen Sanjeev Narain.
- Which state/UT has bagged four awards at the 11th edition of the Festival FilmAT, a film dedicated to tourism, Art and Ecology held in Poland?
C.Andaman and Nicobar
Kerala Tourism has bagged four awards at the 11th edition of the festival FilmAT, a film festival dedicated to tourism, art and ecology, in Poland.
- Union Defence Minister laid the foundation stone of Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL) under the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative in which city?
Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar laid the foundation stone of Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL) which will be set up under the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative in Hyderabad.
- Which of the following women is not involved in the inducting female pilots in the Indian Air force into Combat roles?
Ans: D.Avani Kanth
Creating the significant success stone for the first time in the Indian Air Force by injecting three female Pilots into combat roles
First batch of three female pilots:
i. Avani Chaturvedi
ii. Bhawana Kanth
iii. Mohana Singh
- Which Insurance sector merged with Max Life and Max Financial Services to form the largest private player in India’s Insurance sector?
A.ICICI Prudential Life
C.HDFC Standard Life
D.All the above
Ans: C.HDFC Standard Life
HDFC Standard Life and Max Life and Max Financial Services are entered into merger agreement that will create the largest private player in India’s insurance sector.
- Which bank has decided to create IT Innovations and Start up Fund of Rs. 200 Crore for investment in promising startups?
A.Punjab National Bank
C.State Bank of India
Ans: C.State Bank of India
India’s largest public sector lender State Bank of India has created IT innovations and startup fund and have allotted Rs 200 crore for investment in promising startups.
- The Finance Ministry has recently launched the scheme that Non Resident Indians can open which account if they bear Aadhaar Card or PAN Card?
A.National Pension System
B.Public Provident Fund
C.Employees Provident Fund
D.Employees Pension System
Ans: A.National Pension System
The Finance Ministry launched the scheme that Non Resident Indians can open National Pension System Accounts online if they bear Aadhaar Card or PAN Card.
- Union Commerce Minister has launched initiative with which Country to promote and facilitate investments in India?
Union Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Joo Hyunghwan, the Minister of Trade, Industry & Energy, Korea launched an iniative called Korea Plus to promote and facilitate Korean Investments in India.
- Prime Minister of India and Sri Lankan President jointly inaugurated the newly renovated stadium in which province in Srilanka?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena, jointly inaugurated the newly renovated Duraiappah Stadium in Jaffna through video-conferencing from New Delhi.
- All Indian Council for Technical Education signed agreement with which company to initiate the programme called as SWAYAM?
All Indian Council for Technical Education (AICTE) signed agreement with Microsoft and chosen Microsoft as their Technical partner for Online Courses. The Online Course programme is named as SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Mind)
- The Union Government initiated a step to launch _______________ Scheme to deal with Tax related issues of the public on test mode.
The Union Government initiated a step to launch “e-Nivaran” Scheme to deal with Tax related issues of the public on test mode.