Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is being celebrated every year to mark the urgent need to curb the desertification process?
D.June 17thAns: D.June 17th
The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is a United Nations observance each June 17 to mark the urgent need to curb the desertification process.
- Manimala Devi Passed away due to prolonged illness at the age of 86 in Odisha. She belonged to which field?
Veteran Odia film actress Manimala Devi passed away after prolonged illness in at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. She was 86 year old.
- What is the official slogan for the Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games in South America revealed by Rio Olympics 2016 organising Committee?
A.A New Sport
B.A New arena
C.A New World
D.A New EarthAns: C.A New World
The Rio Olympics 2016 organising committee revealed the official slogan for the first Olympic and Paralympic Games in South America “A new world” while also unveiling days from the start of the quadrennial extravaganza.
- India Men’s Hockey Team is set a record to appear in the final match of which trophy against Australia in 36 years?
A.Hero Champions Trophy
D.World CupAns: A.Hero Champions Trophy
Indian men’s hockey team is set to make a maiden appearance in the final of the prestigious 36th Hero Champions Trophy Hockey tournament against daunting Australia after hosts Great Britain held Belgium to 3-3 draw in a final round robin match.
- National Aquarium in Baltimore decided to create an Ocean side first sanctuary for Bottle Nose dolphins in which continent?
D.North AmericaAns: D.North America
National Aquarium in Baltimore’s announced its plan to create an Oceanside first sanctuary for Bottle nose dolphins in North America after a long research.
- Which country has launched the Nuclear-powered icebreaker Ship named Arktika, is the largest and most powerful vessel of the type in the world?
D.United StatesAns: B.Russia
Russia has launched the Nuclear-powered icebreaker Ship named Arktika which is the largest and the most powerful vessel of the type in the world. Russia’s the only country with such ice breakers.
- Which country scientists have grown a living bone in the lab to repair large defects in the head and face of patient?
D.NorwayAns: C.United States
American Scientists have grown a living bone in the lab to repair large defects in the head and face of patient. This marks for the first time in modern medical history. This was achieved by a new technique developed by Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, professor at Columbia University.
- Who has been appointed as the American Ambassador to Malaysia by US President Barack Obama after succession of Joseph Y Yun?
D.Kamalnath ShirinLakhdhirAns: A.Kamala ShirinLakhdhir
An Indian-origin diplomat as the next American ambassador to Malaysia, the US President Barack Obama has nominated her post, Kamala ShirinLakhdhir will succeed Joseph Y Yun, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service.
- Uber has signed agreement with which group to help its drivers own Indica and Indigo cars with less hassle for Hyderabad City?
D.Wipro GroupAns: C.Tata Group
Cab Aggregator Uber has entered into an agreement with Tata group to help its drivers own Indica and Indigo cars with less hassle. The pact will only be valid for Hyderabad city in a trial basis.
- Which bank was awarded with the CFBP Jamnalal Bajal Award for Fair Business Practices under the category Service Enterprises Large in Mumbai?
A.State Bank of India
D.HDFC BankAns: C.Karnataka Bank
Mangaluru based Karnataka Bank was awarded with the CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Award for Fair Business Practices under the category Service Enterprises Large in Mumbai.
- Who has been awarded with Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award 2016 at the ADA’s 76th Scientific sessions in New Orleans, Louisiana?
A.Shashank S Shah
B.Shanmuk S Shah
C.Chaturvedi S Shah
D.Mahayana S ShahAns: A.Shashank S Shah
Pune hailed diabetes specialist Shashank S Shah was conferred with the Vivian Fonseca Scholar Award 2016 at the ADA’s 76th Scientific Sessions in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- What is the name of the project framed by the Ministry of Science and Technology in order to cope with water scarcity in Agricultural Sector?
In order to cope with water scarcity in Agricultural Sector, Ministry of State for the Ministry of Science & Technology framed the “Water4crops” project. On completion of 4 years of the Euro 9 Million Indian-European Union “Water4crops” project, the Delegates are arranged the Review and Planning Meeting.
- Union Government has signed agreement with which authority for handling exploration and other activities related to Poly metallic Sulphides?
A.International Seabed Authority
B.International Rockcut Authority
C.National Rockcut Authority
D.National Molten Sulphides AuthorityAns: A.International Seabed Authority
Union Government Singed Agreement with International Seabed Authority for handling exploration and other activities related to Poly metallic Sulphides. Term of Contract: 15 years.
- Mumbai Based Reserve Bank of India has taken steps to simplify the registration process for which organization?
B.Non Banking Financial Companies
D.All of theseAns: B.Non Banking Financial Companies
Mumbai Based Reserve Bank of India has taken steps to simplify the registration process for new Banking Financial Companies.
- Bangladesh’s Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan inaugurated the operation at which port in central Bangladesh?
Bangladesh’s Shipping Minister Shahjahan Khan inaugurated the operation at Ashuganj port in central Bangladesh.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off country’s first time tabled freight train, named Cargo Express between which stations?
A.Delhi to Mumbai
B.Delhi to Kolkata
C.Delhi to Bengaluru
D.Kolkata to MumbaiAns: C.Delhi to Bengaluru
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off country’s first time tabled freight train, named Cargo Express, from Delhi to Bengaluru which will have transit time of 70 hours on either side.