Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- International Day of Family remittances is being observed every year to recognize the contribution of migrant workers to their families and communities back home?
D.June 17thAns: C.June 16th
The International Day of Family Remittances is observed annually on June 16 to recognise the contribution of migrant workers to their families and communities back home, and to the sustainable development of their countries of origin.
- President of Congress Committee Anjan Dutta has passed away due to cardiac failure in New Delhi at the age of 64 years. He belonged to which state?
President of the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) Anjan Dutta has died following cardiac failure at AIIMS in New Delhi. He was 64 years old.
- Who has become the first Indian in Sports history to participate and win international tournaments in the sport of Racketlon in Denmark and Belgium?
D.Ashtesh PednekarAns: B.Ashutosh Pednekar
Navy Officer and Commodore Ashutosh Pednekar has become the first Indian in sports history to participate and win international tournaments in the sport of racketlon at the recently concluded competitions in Denmark and Belgium.
- Who has been appointed as Full time Director General of Doordarshan approved by Appointments Committee of Cabinet?
D.Supriya SahuAns: D.Supriya Sahu
Senior IAS officer Supriya Sahu has been appointed as Doordarshan’s Director General, a post lying vacant since 2014. Appointments committee of cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of Supriya as the full-time director general of Doordarshan.
- Who has been named as the Goodwill Ambassador by the United Nations to promote gender equality and women empowerment?
D.Bajrakiyabha MahidolAns: A.Anne Hathaway
American Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway is named by the United Nations as global goodwill ambassador to promote gender equality and women empowerment.
- Who has been elected as the head of International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France?
D.Sunil Bharti MittalAns: D.Sunil Bharti Mittal
Bharti Enterprises founder & chairperson Sunil Bharti Mittal has been elected as the head of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), based in Paris, France. He is the third Indian business leader to head ICC in its near-hundred year history.
- Which Company has bagged an order worth 130 million Euro to set up a high voltage direct current link to connect power supply networks of India and Bangladesh?
D.None of the AboveAns: B.Siemens
German engineering company Siemens AG has bagged an order worth 130 million euro (over Rs 978 crore) to set up a high voltage direct current (HVDC) link to connect power supply networks of India and Bangladesh.
- Which state organized event where the 3,049 participants registered their spot in the Guinness Book of world records for performing largest Karma Naach dance?
D.OdishaAns: C.Madhya Pradesh
Mandla a district in Madhya Pradesh Organised event where the 3,049 participants registered their spot in the Guinness book of world records for performing largest Karma Naach dance ever to celebrate the culture and history of the Gond tribes of central India.
- Who has been awarded with Pen Pinter Prize for the year 2016 for her contribution towards Political activism and Human rights?
D.Markut ThatcharAns: C.Margaret Atwood
Margaret Atwood has been awarded with Pen Pinter Prize for the year 2016 for her contribution towards Political activism and speaks & act against violation of Human Rights.
- Reserve Bank of India has granted in principle approval to the common service Centres to act as which operating unit to make bill payments in rural?
A.Bharat Bill Payment
B.National Bill Payment
C.Non Banking Financial
D.Mobile Banking PaymentAns: A.Bharat Bill Payment
Reserve Bank of India has granted in-principle nod to the common service centres RBI (CSCs) as Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit to make bill payments at centres in rural bands.
- Union Human Resource Development minister taken a steps to cultivate reading habits among children through a scheme _____________
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani initiated a step to inculcate reading habits among children vide a scheme “VIDYANJALI”
- Union Government signed the Memorandum of Understanding with which country Research Centre for geosciences?
Union Government signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for geosciences which is government funded and Public Law Foundation of the State of Brandenburg, Germany.
- Lt. Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi has launched a mobile App named ____________ SOS App to provide one-click emergency services to senior citizens.
Newly appointed Lt. Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi has launched a mobile App named HelpAge SOS App to provide one-click emergency services to senior citizens at Raj Nivas in Puducherry.
- Union Government inked the agreement with which nation for Air Services, Bilateral trade and tourism?
The Union Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Air Services Agreement between India-Taiwan and will give a boost to the cultural and economic exchanges between the sides’ also bilateral trade and tourism.
- The Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Space Research Organization and which nation space agency?
The MoU was signed in Ottawa, Canada in April 2015. The MoU will pave the way for joint team, drawing members from ISRO and CSA, which will be added work out the plan of action including examination and defining cooperative projects.
- Under the Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill, 2016, Legislation proposed to give powers to which organization to regulate the debts?
A.Reserve Bank of India
B.Ministry of Home
C.State Bank of India
D.Central Bureau of InvestigationAns: A.Reserve Bank of India
The Legislation proposed to give powers to Reserve Bank of India:
To regulate Asset Reconstruction Companies
Priorities secured creditors in repayment of debts
Provide stamp duty exemption on loans assigned by banks
Financial institutions to asset reconstruction firms
To audit Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARC) and penalize them if they fail to adhere.