Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs June 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The World Day against Child Labour is being observed every year on which date to foster the worldwide movement against child labour?
Ans: B.June 12th
The World Day against Child Labour is observed every year on June 12, is projected to foster the worldwide movement against child labour across all the forms.
- The theme of the World Day against Child Labour for the year 2016 is_______________
A.End Child Labour in India – It’s everyone’s business.
B.End Child Labour around the world – It’s everyone’s business.
C.End Child Labour in Supply chains – It’s everyone’s business.
D.End Child Labour in Transport – It’s everyone’s business.
Ans: C.End Child Labour in Supply chains – It’s everyone’s business.
Year-2016 theme of World Day against Child Labour is End child labour in supply chains – It’s everyone’s business. With 168 million children still in child labour, across the supply chains, from agriculture to manufacturing, services to construction.
- Achyut Lakhar has passed away in Assam at the age of 85 years old. He belonged to which field?
Veteran Actor Achyut Lahkar has breathed his last at his resident, Pathsala in Barpeta district of Assam. He was 85 years old.
- Jamaican Sprinter Usain Bold won the 100m race in how many seconds is the second fastest time in the world in 2016 at the National Stadium in Jamaica?
Jamaican Sprinter Usain Bolt won the 100m in 9.88sec, the second-fastest time in the world this year at the inaugural Jamaica National Racers Grand Prix at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica.
- Who has won the Australian Open title against Sun Yu of China in Sydney?
B.Nitya Krishinda Maheswari
Ans: A.Saina Nehwal
Indian Badminton Star Saina Nehwal clinchéd her second Australian Open title after she notched up the win in final against Sun Yu of China at Australian Open Super Series badminton tournament in Sydney.
- Who has been appointed as the Speaker of the 14th Puducherry legislative Assembly and the elections held in May, 2016?
A.Malladi Krishan Rao
Congress leader and former Chief Minister V. Vaithilingam was elected unopposed as the Speaker of the14th Puducherry legislative Assembly.
- Who has been appointed as a part time member of the 21st Law Commission of India?
A.Satya Pal Jain
D.Mahindra Pal Jain
Ans: A.Satya Pal Jain
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Additional Solicitor General of India and former Parliamentarian Satya Pal Jain was appointed as a part-time member of the 21st Law Commission of India.
- Who is the chairman of the 21st Law Commission of India framed on September 2015?
A.Ravi R. Tripathi
B.Bimal N. Patel
C.Balbir Singh Chauhan
D.Satya Pal Jain
Ans: C.Balbir Singh Chauhan
♦ Chairman: Balbir Singh Chauhan,
♦ Full-time Member -Justice Ravi R. Tripathi
♦ Part-time Members- Satya Pal Jain and Bimal N. Patel
- Which company has acquired renewable energy company Welspun Renewables Energy Pvt. Ltd with worth of Rs. 9,249 Crore?
A.Reliance Industries Limited
C.Tata Power Ltd
D.None of the above
Ans: C.Tata Power Ltd
Power major Tata Power Ltd late has agreed to acquire renewable energy company Welspun Renewables Energy Pvt. Ltd. The acquisition is at an enterprise value of Rs. 9,249 crore.
- Which State become India’s first state to launch open Government data portal to update data regarding organic and Agricultural activities?
Sikkim becomes India’s first State to launch open government data portal. Purpose: Updating data regarding Organic and agricultural and other activities in the portal.
- Which State Chief Minister initiated the special commission to protect against the Child Labour named as Child Labour Tracking System?
Bihar Chief Minister initiated the special commission to protect against the Child labour named as Child Labour Tracking System.