Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- At what percent, the new Kerala government is planning to boost up the tax revenue this year on junk foods?
It is a first-of-its-kind move in the country, The newly-elected LDF government imposed 14.5% tax on selling items like tacos, pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, among others. This tax is supposed to add about Rs 10 crore to the tax revenue of state per year.
- How much package is announced by the Kerala Government for the state in view of the Gulf crisis and recessionary trends in the state?
A.Rs. 11,000 crore
B.Rs. 12,000 crore
C.Rs. 10,000 crore
D.Rs. 20,000 crore
Ans: B.Rs. 12,000 crore
Kerala Government today announced a Rs 12,000-crore rescue package for the state in view of the Gulf crisis and recessionary trends in the state. Presenting the first budget of the Pinarayi Vijayan-led LDF Government, Finance Minister Thomas Isaac said out of this package, around Rs 2,500 crore will be used this financial year.
- Which controversial law is adopted by the lower and upper house of parliament of Russia under the President Vladimir Putin?
A.Big Brother Law
B.Anti Hijacking Law
D.Model Shops and Establishments Bill
Ans: A.Big Brother Law
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed the controversial “anti-terrorist” legislation adopted by the lower and upper houses of parliament in late June, despite the flurry of criticism from opposition-minded circles and the serious concerns expressed by Russian telecom and internet companies on July 7 in Russia.
- Which country has successfully completed Asia’s longest 16-km single tunnel that has double tracks for high-speed trains in northwest province of the country?
China has successfully completed Asia’s longest 16-km single tunnel that has double tracks for high-speed trains in northwest Shaanxi province of the country. The 643-km long line has a running speed of 250 km per hour, will slash the travel time between the two cities from 16 hours to just three hours.
- For which country’s visit Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari will at attracting billions of dollars in Foreign Direct Investment?
Ans: C.United States
The visit aimed at consolidation and expanding India’s relations with the US by improving bilateral cooperation in infrastructure sector. The minister will envisage investment opportunities in the Indian maritime sector and invite US investments in building ports, port-led industrialisation, coastal economic zones, and construction of new berths/terminals.
- Which minister held a bilateral meeting with Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK, in New Delhi?
A.Nitin Gadkari, Road Transport and Highways
B.Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs
C.Rajnath Singh, Home Affairs.
D.Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Commerce and Industry
Ans: D.Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Commerce and Industry
Union Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, held a bilateral meeting with Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK, in New Delhi. During the meeting both sides conveyed hope to take proactive steps to deepen their ties and engagement in near future. In the meeting range of issues had been discussed.
- Which bank along with SIDBI entered into a partnership to guarantee 75% of loans of up to Rs. 15 crore extended to energy efficiency projects under the WORLD BANK initiative?
B.Indus Ind Bank
Ans: A.YES Bank
The main aim is to transform the energy efficiency (EE) market in India by promoting increased level of EE investments, particularly through energy service performance contracting (ESPC) delivered through Energy Service Companies (ESCOs). SIDBI, set up on April 2, 1990 under Small Industries Development Bank of India Act, 1989.
- Which Securities has topped the Initial Public Offering (IPO) league table in the first half of 2016?
According to data provided by Bloomberg, ICICI Securities has managed five IPOs to help rise around Rs 1,216 crore for companies getting listed. In 2015, ICICI Securities had ended sixth in the IPO league table. Kotak Investment Banking, which was in pole position last year, is currently second, with four deals worth Rs 1,036 crore.
- Which government has joined hands with business-to-business (B2B) ecommerce firm Applicate IT Solutions to enable 35,000 e-mitra kiosks in the state for traders and retailers to procure products directly from manufacturers?
As per the agreement entered between Rajasthan government’s RajCOMP Info Services (RISL) and Bengaluru-based Applicate IT Solutions, ‘Trade GINI’, a proprietary platform of the company will be added to the e-mitra kiosks that will enable traders and retailers in towns, cities and villages to access products directly from the manufacturers and at best rates.
- Who became the first woman in the world to receive the Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea from the International Maritime Organsiation (IMO)?
Ans: B.Radhika Menon
Radhika Menon was at the helm of oil tanker ‘Sampurna Swarajya’ of Shipping Corporation of India. This is not the first time Radhika has proved her mettle. Five years ago, she became the first woman to captain a ship of the Indian Merchant Navy.
- Who is the former Walmart executive is all set to leave his COO post at Microsoft after an 11-year stint with Microsoft to join Citadel Securities as the Chief Executive Officer?
Ans: D.Kevin Turner
Citadel Securities is a Chicago-based investment company where Kevin likely to join in the job in September. Turner had led a team of more than 51,000 employees in 191 countries in Microsoft. He was the key behind the sales and marketing efforts of Office 365 and the extensive customer adoption of Azure cloud.
- Which has been declared as the critically endangered according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)?
Ans: A.Bornean Orangutan
This change means that both species of orangutan now face an exceptionally high risk of extinction in the wild. The species has declared Endangered as a reason of deforestation, palm oil plantations and hunting posing a serious threat to its continued existence.
- Which Indian squash player rose to a career high 10th position in the latest PSA world rankings, becoming the second Indian to break the top-10 barrier after longtime India teammate Dipika Pallikal?
Ans: A.Joshna Chinappa
Meanwhile Dipika stays put at 19th this month and Sachika Ingale of India has dropped one place to be 82nd. The newly-crowned Egyptian women’s world champion has replaced England’s Laura Massaro from the pinnacle to become the second-youngest World No.1.
- Which renowned philanthropist has died after a long kidney illness at the age of 88?
C.Azim Hashim Premji
D. Abdul Sattar Edhi
Ans: D. Abdul Sattar Edhi
Edhi was born in Gujarat in British India, Edhi and his Muslim family moved to Pakistan in 1947 during partition. The Edhi foundation was at the lead of the response last year when a devastating heat wave struck Karachi, a city of about 20 million people.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport located in?
A. Guwahati, Assam
B. Ahmedabad, Gujarat
C. Bengaluru, Karnataka
D. Kozhikode, Kerala
Ans: A. Guwahati, Assam
Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport aka Guwahati International Airport is the primary international airport of the North-Eastern States of India, situated at Borjhar in Guwahati, Assam, named after Gopinath Bordoloi, who was a freedom fighter and also the first Chief Minister of Assam after independence.