AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs July 8 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 6 2018, an MoU was signed between British Council in India Director Alan Gemmell OBE and state Home Secretary Atri Bhattacharya to promote cultural, educational and skill development exchanges between UK and which Indian state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.West Bengal
Celebration of Durga Puja in Britain during Thames Festival and similarly hosting of a River Festival in Kolkata to the Thames. Exchanging visitors between Britain and Bengal for cultural exchanges. Communication Skill development in English and enrichment of employability of youth.
- On July 7 2018, the chief minister of which state released the policy document of the five year jackfruit mission at Jackfruit Festival 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Meghalaya
Jackfruit Mission is one of the flagship programmes of the government that encourage entrepreneurial activities and help the farmers of the state to generate additional income from the fruit. It is Rs.80 crore investment project mission over a period of five years. Rs 42.6 crore will be sourced from the Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH) and Rs 6.3 crore from the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Rs 30.2 crore from the state government. Department of Agriculture organized the First state level Jackfruit Fruit Festival 2018 with the theme “The Humble Jack”.
- On July 6 2018, the Chief Minister of which state launched a state-wide plantation campaign from the Narwana sub-division of the district. It would be carried out from July to August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Haryana
On July 6 2018 ,Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched a state-wide plantation campaign from the Narwana sub-division of the district.It would be carried out from July to August this year. School students from class 6 to 12 would plant one sapling each during the rainy season and also be responsible to take care of these plants. After every six months, the plants would be inspected and Rs 50 would be given for three years after every six months for the maintenance or for providing manure to their plants.
- On 6th July 2018, the _____ administration in Uttar Pradesh launched an android based smart phone application named ‘Stop JE/AES’ to combat encephalitis?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Gorakhpur
Encephalitis claims the lives of hundreds of children every year in eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh. The ‘Stop JE/AES’ app enables users to avail immediate medical help by just pressing a button. This app was launched by Divisional Commissioner Anil Kumar and DM Vijyendra Pandian. This app is available on Google Play Store. It could be used on any smart phone even without internet. This app aims to provide timely medical assistance to people in remote areas. By pressing the help button in the app, an alert will be sent to the control room. Then they would call back on the number to collect the details about the patient.
- On July 8 2018, the 17th World Sanskrit Conference will be inaugurated by Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar at _____ from 9th July to 13th July, 2018?
1.New York, United States
4.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Vancouver, Canada
There are more than 500 scholars and delegates from over 40 countries will be expected to participate in this conference. All the scholars and delegates will exchange their knowledge on various section like History & Education of Women in Vedic Literature; Sanskrit Buddhist Manuscripts; Mimamsa Beyond the Yagasala; The Yuktidipika Forging a Place for Sankhya Introducing Bhagavata Purana Commentaries; Research on the Gargiyajyotisa. Along with minister 10 scholars and two officers are Indian delegation participating in the 17th World Sanskrit Conference.
- On 6th July 2018, which country launched the new UKRI Science, Research and Academia scheme for overseas scientists and researchers, including Indians, to enhance the growth of the country’s research sector?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.United Kingdom
The new UKRI Science, Research and Academia scheme is for researchers, scientists and academics to come to the UK for up to 2 years. This route allows individuals entering the UK through this scheme to stay for up to 2 years. The new UKRI Science, Research and Academia scheme is added to the existing Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange) visa route. This scheme will be operated by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI comprises UK’s 7 research councils, Innovate UK and Research England.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that the license of which bank in Alwar, Rajasthan has been cancelled due to its bad position to pay its depositors in full and the present financial position of the bank leaves no scope for its revival?
1.Rajasthan Co-operative Bank
2.Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank
3.Kota Urban Co-operative Bank
4.Jodhpur Rural Bank
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that the licence of Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank in Alwar, Rajasthan has been cancelled due to its bad position to pay its depositors in full and the present financial position of the bank leaves no scope for its revival. It is effective from the close of business on July 5 2018. Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Rajasthan has also been requested to issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank.
- On 7th July 2018, United Bank of India said that, it will raise up to _____ by issuing equity shares in one or more tranches?
1.Rs 2000 crore
2.Rs 1750 crore
3.Rs 1,500 crore
4.Rs 1,234 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rs 1,500 crore
On 7th July 2018, shareholders of United Bank of India at its annual general meeting, approved the proposal to create, offer and allot equity shares not exceeding Rs 1,500 crore in one or more tranches. United Bank of India said that, this capital raise will be surplus to the capital support offered by the government.
- On July 7 2018, Karnataka Chief minister HD Kumaraswamy informed that Infosys Foundation would contribute ______ to the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd for construction of Konappana Agrahara Metro Station and metro railway track?
1.Rs 1000 crore
2.Rs 200 crore
3.Rs 500 crore
4.Rs 368 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rs 200 crore
On July 7 2018, Chief minister HD Kumaraswamy informed that Infosys Foundation would contribute Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd for construction of Konappana Agrahara Metro Station and metro railway track. Dr Sudha Murthy, Chairperson, Infosys Foundation, would maintain the station for the next 30 years. Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd has allocated Rs 100 crore for construction of the Konappana Agrahara Railway Station. The estimated cost of the elevated rail network project is Rs 1,794 crore and it is expected to be completed by mid-2021.
- Over 100 Swedish intellectuals have joined together and formed The New Academy a new prize-giving body to award a new literature prize as this year’s Nobel Literature Prize has been postponed. The new literature award carries a prize of _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.USD 113,000
This has been created after the Swedish Academy that selects Nobel laureates, postponed this year’s Nobel Literature Prize due to sexual assault allegations. The New Academy consists of authors, artists and journalists as members. In 2017, the Swedish Academy got into trouble after the #MeToo movement gained significance globally, and local media published the testimonies of 18 women claiming to have been raped, sexually assaulted or harassed by a French man who has been connected to the institution. Following this, in May 2018, the Swedish Academy announced that, there will be no Nobel Literature Prize this year.
- Who has been appointed a member of the Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
3.Uday Kumar Varma
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Uday Kumar Varma
Uday Kumar Varma is a former Information and Broadcasting secretary. He is a former IAS officer of 1976 batch from the Madhya Pradesh cadre. He was also a member of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT). He succeeds Wajahat Habibullah, whose term at the BCCC has ended recently. Wajahat Habibullah is a former information commissioner.
- On 5th July 2018, which Indian squash player was appointed Asia’s representative in the Athletes Advisory Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Dipika Pallikal
This appointment has been made by the CGF. The CGF Athletes Advisory Commission was proposed in August 2017. It had asked all 71 member Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs) to nominate an athlete with the potential to serve the Athletes Commission. Each continent is represented by 1 athlete in CGFAAC. The Indian Olympic Association/CGA India had proposed the name of Dipika Pallikal to represent Asia in the CGFAAC.
- On 6th July 2018, who retired as a Supreme Court judge?
1.Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
2.Justice K K Venugopal
3.Justice Radhika Kumaresan
4.Justice Debashish Banerjee
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
Justice A K Goel was the first person from Haryana to become a Supreme Court judge. He took up various social and religious issues like triple talaq, abuse of the SC/ST Act and safeguards for women in matrimonial disputes. Recently, he put forth a major order directing the Jagannath temple management to consider allowing every visitor, irrespective of their faith, to offer prayers.
- On July 8 2018, Indian Gymnast _____ bagged gold medal in FIG Atistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup at Mersin, Turkey?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Dipa Karmakar
On July 8 2018,Indian Gymnast Dipa Karmakar bagged gold medal in FIG Atistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup at Mersin, Turkey. Rifda Irfanaluthfi of Indonesia clinched the silver and Goksu Uctas Sanli took the bronze. Dipa had finished fourth in vault event in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- On 6th July 2018, MM Jacob died due to age-related ailments, at a private hospital in Pala near Kottayam, Kerala. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Politician
M M Jacob is a former Union Minister. He had also served as deputy chairman of the Rajya Sabha. He hailed from Ramapuram in Kottayam district, Kerala. He had also worked as general secretary and treasurer of Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee and Chairman of Kerala State Seva Dal Board and an elected member of AICC (All India Congress Committee).
- When was Global forgiveness day observed all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.July 7
It is said that, in 1994 the Christian Embassy of Christ’s Ambassador marked August 27th as the National Forgiveness day. Later, National Forgiveness Day was renamed as Global Forgiveness Day, and the date was also shifted from August 27th to July 7th. The main motto of Global forgiveness day is to forgive and to be forgiven. People use this opportunity to seek forgiveness for their mistakes and to main peace and harmony in the society.
- Name the Indian warship that reached Sri Lanka on a goodwill visit on 8th July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.INS Trikand
India’s latest frontline warship INS Trikand has reached Sri Lanka in a goodwill visit. Authorities in Colombo today said the Sri Lanka Navy ceremonially welcomed the state-of-the-art warship in accordance with naval traditions yesterday. Senior Indian officers, including Assistant Defence Adviser of the Indian High Commission in Sri Lanka – Lieutenant Colonel Ravi Shekhar Mishra – held discussions on matters of mutual interest with their Lankan counterparts. The ship’s crew will play a friendly football match with the Sri Lanka Navy. INS Trikand is a state-of-the-art warship of the Indian Navy equipped with a versatile range of weapons and sensors capable of addressing threats in all three dimensions – air, surface and sub-surface.
- Who emerged as winner of the Euro JK 18 category at the 21st JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship in Coimbatore on 7th July 2018?
2.Nirmal Uma Shankar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Karthik Tharani
Chennai’s trio of Karthik Tharani, Vishnu Prasad and Joseph Mathew emerged victorious on the opening day of the 21st JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship. Tharani claimed the coveted first race in the Euro JK 18 category, winning the 15-lap race in 18:03.844 minutes. Nirmal Uma Shankar (Chennai) and Manav Sharma (Faridabad) took the other two places on the podium.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Sohagi Barwa Sanctuary located?Uttar Pradesh
- What is the tag line of Andhra Bank?Where India Banks
- Name the MD & CEO and headquarters of United Bank of India?MD & CEO – Pawan Kumar Bajaj; Headquarters – Kolkata
- Who is the President of Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF)?Dr Louise Martin CBE
- Bhakra Dam has been constructed on which river?Satluj River