AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 30 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation of India’s first Mobile Open Exchange Zone (MOX) at World Trade Centre in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Noida
The Prime Minister laid the foundation of India’s first Mobile Open Exchange Zone (MOX) at World Trade Centre, Noida. This is a part of an MoU with World Trade Center, Noida, to develop a ‘tech zone’. MoX in Techzone will provide an integrated platform to manufacturers, research and other allied industries.
- On July 30, 2018, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Radha Mohan Singh launched the Meghalaya Milk Mission worth _____ in Shillong through National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)?
1.Rs. 215 crore
2.Rs. 400 crore
3.Rs. 500 crore
4.Rs. 340 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 215 crore
The project consists of 2000 dairy farm units. Each unit houses 5 cows, shed constructions, storage room construction, animal insurance, 79 bulk milk coolers of 500 litre capacity, 13 milk tankers of 3000 litre capacity etc. Rs 1 crore would be additionally provided for the training of farmers.
- On July 30, 2018, Government set up a High Level Empowered Committee headed by _____ to address the issues of Stressed Thermal Power Projects?
1.Pradeep Kumar Sinha
3.Inder Jit Singh
4.Anil Kumar Jha
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pradeep Kumar Sinha
This committee would also involve representatives from the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal and banks involved in this sector. It would work on : maximizing the efficiency of investment, changes in the fuel allocation policy, regulatory framework, facilitation of sale of power, timely payments, /Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), Asset Restructuring Company (ARC) Regulations. This would revive the stressed assets so as to avoid such investments becoming NPA.
- The Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) has been taken away from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and brought under which ministry?
1.Ministry of Finance
2.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3.Ministry of Agriculture
4.Ministry of Science and Technology
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ministry of Finance
On July 30, 2018, Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) has been taken away from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and brought under the domain of the Finance Ministry. It will now be under the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Finance Ministry. This move would use proceeds of the road cess under CRIF to finance other infrastructure projects like waterways, railway infrastructure etc.
- On 30th and 31st July 2018, where was the Unified Commanders’ Conference (UCC) 2018 held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
Unified Commanders’ Conference (UCC) 2018 is conducted under the guidance of Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS). It aims to review external security challenges and the preparedness of India. This conference creates a platform for discussions at the top Level on all joint issues among the three Services and Ministry of Defence. It also enables stock taking of the previous year and planning for the next year. Under the chairmanship of the Chief of Integrated Staff (CISC), various Tri Services issues will be discussed.
- On 26th and 27th July 2018, the 2nd Conference of Young Superintendent of Police, organized by Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D), was held in New Delhi. What was the theme of the conference?
1.Better Police Service to the Society
2.Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces
3.Challenges to Achievements of Indian Police Forces
4.The path forward for the Indian Police Forces
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces
The conference is held for 2 days. The conference was attended by more than 100 Superintendents of Police and senior officers from the States and CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces). Theme of the Conference was: “Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces”. Aim of the conference was: to create awareness among young Superintendents of Police and Commandants about latest technologies in Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Policing/ Crime Analytics/ Big data Analytics, Geospatial Technology, Cyber Crime, Surveillance Tracking & UAVs, CCTV Equipment, to efficiently deliver the Police Services to citizens.
- On 22-27th July, 2018, the 3rd BRICS Film Festival was held in Durban, South Africa. Which Indian Film won the ‘Best Film’ award in the festival?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Newton
The Indian Side was headed by : Shri Manoj Kumar Pingua, Joint Secretary (EW), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Shri Raja Chhinal, Deputy General Manager (East), NFDC. The films in competition competed for the Golden Rhino award inspired from golden rhino of Mapungubwe.
The Indian winners of the Film Festival are as follows:
Category Winner Best Actress Bhanita Das, Village Rockstars. Best Film Newton by Amit Masurkar. Special Jury Award Village Rockstars by Rima Das.
- Paytm Payments Bank CEO _____ has resigned from her position, and now will lead as COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the ‘New Retail’ initiative?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Renu Satti
A new CEO is yet to be appointed for the Paytm Payments Bank. Renu Satti was made the CEO of Paytm Payments Bank in 2017. Renu Satti will take charge of the ‘New Retail’ initiative as COO. Under the ‘New Retail’ model, soon customers will be able to discover nearby pharmacies, groceries etc. to order and receive fast deliveries.
- Who has been appointed as the next Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Southern Naval Command?
1.Anil Kumar Chawla
3.Arun Kumar S
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Anil Kumar Chawla
At present, Anil Kumar Chawla is the Chief of Personnel at the Integrated Headquarters of the Ministry of Defence (Navy), at Delhi. He will succeed Vice Admiral AR Karve, who will superannuate on 31st July 2018. Anil Kumar Chawla is a Navigation & Direction specialist. He has commanded 5 ships in his career. He was also the Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet.
- On 30th July 2018, who was appointed the Chief Executive Officer for HSBC India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Surendra Rosha
Surendra Rosha is at present HSBC’s Head of Financial Institutions Group (FIG) for Asia-Pacific. He will replace Jayant Rikhye as CEO of HSBC India. Jayant Rikhye is taking leave due to medical reasons. Surendra Rosha joined HSBC’s Indian operations in 1991. He has worked in forex trading, corporate treasury sales, treasury and capital markets in several countries.
- The 2018 Russian Open badminton tournament was held in Vladivostok, Russia from 24 to 29 July 2018. Who won the men’s singles title of the tournament?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sourabh Verma
Event Winner Runners Up Men’s Singles Sourabh Verma (India) Koki Watanabe ( Japan) Women’s Singles Ho Yen Mei (Malaysia) Shiroi Ebihara (Japan) Men’s Doubles Mohamad Arif Abdul Latif & Nur Mohd Azriyn Ayub (Malaysia) Konstantin Abramov & Alexandr Zinchenko (Russia) Women’s Doubles Chisato Hoshi & Kie Nakanishi (Japan) Choe Mei Kuan & Lee Meng Yean (Malaysia) Mixed Doubles Vladmir Ivanov (Russia) & Kim Min Kyung (South Korea) Rohan Kapoor & Kuhoo Garg (India)
- On July 27-29, 2018, the Yasar Dogu International Wrestling was held in Istanbul, Turkey. India won a total of how many medals in the tournament?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.10
On July 27-29, 2018, The Yasar Dogu International Wrestling was held in Istanbul, Turkey. It was conducted in two events namely Free Style and Women Wrestling. India won a total of 10 medals: 2 gold, 4 silver and 4 bronze medal. In Freestyle India won 3 medals: 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze. In Women’s Wrestling India won 7 medals: 1 gold, 3 silver and 3 bronze.
- Where was the International Army Games 2018 inaugurated on 28th July 2018?
3.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Moscow, Russia
The International Army Games 2018 is held from 28th July to 11th August 2018. The games are conducted at 24 training grounds in 7 countries namely Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Iran, Kazakhstan, China and Russia. 189 teams from 32 countries are participating in this games. 28 contests will be held during the tournament. This is the first time Armenia and Iran are co-hosting events of the Army Games. Indian teams are participating in 2 major competitions: Tank Biathlon event at Alabino ranges, Moscow region and Elbrus Ring competition in Caucasus mountains.
- Name the Indian swimmer who has become the first Asian to swim the choppy water from Jersey (an Island in the UK) to France in cold weather?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Prabhat Koli
Prabhat Koli is a 19 year old college student. He covered 25km in 6 hours and 54 minutes. He started from La Coupe Point of Jersey and reached St Germain Plage on the Normandy coast of France. The temperature of water was nearly 16-170c during the swim. The swim was organized by Jersey Long Distance Swimming Club (JLDSC) under the observation of Sally Minty Gravett of the UK. Prabhat Koli had crossed the English Channel when he was 16 years old.
- On 29th July 2018, _____ writer Ramapada Chowdhury, died due to cardiac arrest?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Bengali
Ramapada Chowdhury was 95 years old. He was born on December 28, 1922 at Kharagpur. His story ‘Abhimanyu’ was made into an award winning Hindi movie named ‘Ek doctor ki maut’ in 1990. It was based on the life of Dr Subhas Mukhopadhyay who developed India’s first and the world’s second test-tube baby in 1978. His story ‘Beej’ was made into a Hindi film named ‘Ek din achanak’ (1989).
- What was the theme of World Day against Trafficking in Persons that was observed all over the world on 30th July 2018?
1.Responding to the trafficking of children and young people
2.Eliminate trafficking of children and young people
3.Safeguard the victims of human trafficking
4.Welfare of human trafficking victims
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Responding to the trafficking of children and young people
In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly declared July 30 as the World Day against Trafficking in Persons. This day is observed to create awareness about the condition of victims of human trafficking and for promotion and protection of their rights. ‘Responding to the trafficking of children and young people’ has been declared as theme for World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2018 by United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). This theme focuses on issues faced by trafficked children and action required to protect and provide justice for child victims.
- When was International Day of Friendship celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.July 30
In 2011, the UN General Assembly proclaimed the International Day of Friendship. This day is celebrated on 30th July of every year. This day is based on the idea that friendship between people, countries, cultures and individuals can bring peace and bridge communities. This day also recognizes the importance of friendship as a noble and valuable sentiment in the lives of human beings.
- On 27th July 2018, which state government signed a MoU with a private trust for the first cow sanctuary in the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rajasthan
Rajasthan will soon have its first cow sanctuary in Bikaner district. The state government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a private trust to this effect during Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s visit to Bikaner on 27th July 2018. The facility will have hospitals and Sewan grass as fodder for the animals. It will be developed into a tourist place.
- On 25th July 2018, which hospitality firm signed MoUs with State Bank of India and Bank of Baroda for extending financial support to the company’s hotel partners?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.OYO
Hospitality firm OYO has signed memorandum of understandings (MoUs) with the State Bank of India and Bank of Baroda for extending financial support to the company’s hotel partners. It has been signed under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojna. The MoUs will enable financial support for the company’s existing and potential hotel partners for enhancing transformation and standardisation at their properties.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the executive director and headquarters of United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)?Headquarters – Vienna, Austria; Executive Director – Yury Fedotov
- Where is Neora Valley National Park located?West Bengal
- Who is the director general of Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D)?Dr. A.P. Maheshwari
- Where is Fatorda Stadium located?Margao, Goa
- Who is the Secretary General of United Nations headquartered in New York City, United States?António Guterres