AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 29 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following will jointly launch Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail in September 2017 along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
1.US President Donald Trump
2.Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
3.Russian President Valdimir Putin
4.German Chancellor Angela Merkel
5.British Prime Minister Theresa MayAnswer – 2.Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
It has been reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s most ambitious bullet train project – Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail – will be launched during the visit of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in September 2017.
- On July 27, 2017, Food and Drugs Administration Department of which state banned the use of liquid nitrogen in food and drinks across the state?
5.GujaratAnswer – 1.Haryana
A government statement issued from Chandigarh stated that keeping in view the interest of the health of people in the state, the Haryana government has prohibited the flushing or mixing of liquid nitrogen with any drink or food article.
- Maharashtra Women Commission will ink an agreement with which entity for rescue and rehabilitation of women who are victims of sex trafficking, acid attack and domestic violence?
2.All India Federation of Women Lawyers
3.United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
4.United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5.International Council of WomenAnswer – 4.United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Vijaya Rahatkar, chairperson of the Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) said, under the pact, one of the key areas would be to impart skills to the affected women so as to help them sustain themselves financially.
- Which among the following has become the only completely ‘green’ Metro system in the world for adhering to green building norms for its residential colonies?
5.Delhi MetroAnswer – 5.Delhi Metro
Delhi Metro has secured the platinum rating for adherence to green building norms for its 10 residential colonies from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) had earlier received the green certificates for its Phase-3 stations, depots, and sub-stations.
- Which among the following has become the first state in the country to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a global diagnostic firm, FIND, to help it diagnose and then properly treat hepatitis C?
Hepatitis is a viral disease that causes inflammation of the liver, further leading to serious scarring (cirrhosis), which can prove fatal in the long run. Under the agreement with the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND), the agency will support the Punjab health department by providing Rapid Test kits for screening of high-risk patients for diseases like HIV, IVDU (Intravenous Drug Users) patients and patients of IVDU coming to Oral Substitution Therapy (OST) centres for hepatitis C.
- 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting was held on 27thand 28th July 2017, in:
3.Durban, South Africa
4.New Delhi, India
5.Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAnswer – 2.Beijijng, China
National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval represented India at this meeting. This meeting is a major platform for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) countries to discuss and conduct cooperation in politics and security fields
- Government of which Asian Country, has signed an agreement to sell a 70% stake in a $1.5 billion Hambantota port to Chinain a bid to recover from the heavy burden of repaying a Chinese loan obtained to build the facility?
5.ThailandAnswer – 3.Sri Lanka
The deal document was signed between the Sri Lanka Ports Authority and China Merchants Port Holding Co. in Colombo, Sri Lanka. According to the agreement, the Chinese company will invest $1.12 billion in the port, which sits close to busy east-west shipping lanes.
- As per Agricultural Outlook 2017-2026 report released by the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation (OECD), India is the world’s ______biggest exporter of beef and is projected to hold on to that position over the next decade.
5.Seventh biggestAnswer – 1.Third biggest
As per the report, India exported 1.56 million tonnes of beef last year and is expected to maintain its position as the third-largest beef exporter over the next decade. It has been estimated that India will export 1.93 tonnes beef in 2026 which will account for 16% of global beef exports.
- Which Indian woman cricketer was felicitated by Mohun Bagan at their annual awards ceremony?
5.Veda KrishnamurthyAnswer – 2.Jhulan Goswami
Kolkata-based football club Mohun Bagan conferred prestigious Mohun Bagan Ratna award on former club captain and coach Subrata Bhattacharya, while Indian Women’s cricket team veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami was given a special award at the club’s annual day programme in Kolkata on July 29, 2017.
- On July 27, 2017, Jeff Bezos briefly overtook Microsoft’s Bill Gates to become the world’s richest person. Jef Bezos is the founder of which company?
5.AlibabaAnswer – 3.Amazon
On July 27, 2017, intraday surge in Amazon’s share price catapulted him past Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates as the world’s richest person. However, by the end of regular trading, Bezos had slipped back to second place, behind Gates.
- Who among the following has been selected to be the interim Prime Minister of Pakistan?
4.Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
5.Abbas FarooqiAnswer – 4.Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
The decision was made by former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during an informal consultative meeting of the party. Abbasi would serve as the chief executive of Pakistan for 45 days.
- Which company has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire 100 per cent ownership of Al Falah Exchange Company in the UAE for Rs. 95 crore?
5.Cox & KingsAnswer – 1.Lulu Exchange
This is a first of its kind large scale acquisition in the UAE, making Lulu Exchange the second largest player in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). With this acquisition, Lulu Exchange’s total branch count goes up by 30 branches to reach 73 in UAE and 170 globally.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)has developed an unmanned, remotely operated tank named:
5.‘Trishul’Answer – 2.’Muntra’
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an unmanned, remotely operated tank named ‘Muntra’ which has three variants – surveillance, mine detection and reconnaissance in areas with nuclear and bio threats.
- India finished ____overall in the girls’ team event of the 2017 WSF-World junior squash championship in Tauranga, New Zealand.
5.EighthAnswer – 3.Sixth
In the match for the 5th-6th positions, India went down to USA 1-2. In the 2015 edition held in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, India had ended up in the 8th place.
- What was the slogan of International Tiger Day, celebrated on July 29, 2017?
1.’Using Technology for Tigers’ Protection’
2.’Scaling Effort for Tigers’ Protection through Social Media’
3.’Building Global Consensus for Tigers’ Protection’
4.‘Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection’
5.’Exlcusive Habitat For Tigers’ Protection’Answer – 4.‘Fresh Ecology For Tigers’ Protection’
The conference of the heads of 13 countries – where tigers are available – held at Saint Petersburg of Russia in 2010 took the decision to mark the world tiger day on July 29 every year. The goal of the day is to promote a global system for protecting the natural habitats of tigers and to raise public awareness and support for tiger conservation issues
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.