AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 27 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 27 2018
- On July 27, 2018, Minister of State for Communications announced that all villages adopted by the Member of Parliament under which of the following scheme would get free Wi-Fi services?
1.Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
2.Samskar Adarsh Gram Yojana
3.Sarkar Adarsh Gram Yojana
4.Shrishti Adarsh Gram Yojana
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Setting up of 25000 WiFi hotspots at existing rural exchanges of BSNL will be done. All other agencies and private telecom operators will provide WiFi services to every panchayat across India. Under Bharat Net Project, government has targeted to link each of the 2.5 lakh gram panchayats of India through optical fibre network.
- On July 27, 2018, Minister of State for Defence , Dr. Subhash Bhamre inaugurated a two-day Air Defence India – 2018 Seminar & Exhibition organised by Centre for Joint Warfare Studies (CENJOWS) in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.New Delhi
On July 27, 2018, Minister of State for Defence , Dr. Subhash Bhamre inaugurated a two-day Air Defence India – 2018 Seminar & Exhibition in New Delhi. It was organised by Centre for Joint Warfare Studies (CENJOWS). Chief of the Army Staff General Bipin Rawat and Director General Army Air Defence Lt Gen AP Singh were present at the function.
- On July 27, 2018, The Gauhati High Court has declared the _____ Parliamentary Secretaries (Appointment, Salaries, Allowances and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2007 as “unconstitutional” in line with Supreme court’s judgement?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Arunachal Pradesh
On July 27, 2018, The Gauhati High Court has declared the Arunachal Pradesh Parliamentary Secretaries (Appointment, Salaries, Allowances and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2007 as “unconstitutional” in line with Supreme court’s judgement. The decision bench comprised of Justice Monojit Bhuyan and Justice Rumi Kumari Phukon. This was against a public interest litigation filed by Kyoda Ram on the matter of appointing parliamentary secretaries. The Pema Khandu government in Arunachal Pradesh has at present 23 parliamentary secretaries.
- On July 27, 2018, The Indian Coast Guard and Bangladesh Coast Guard conducted a 2 day bilateral table-top exercise on maritime pollution in which city from July 26-27, 2018?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kolkata, India
On July 27, 2018, The Indian Coast Guard and Bangladesh Coast Guard conducted a 2 day bilateral table-top exercise on maritime pollution in Kolkata that was held from July 26-27, 2018 in Kolkata. This exercise was conducted in the backdrop of the MoU signed between India and South Asian Cooperation for Environment Protection (SACEP). Indian side was led by : ICG (NE) commander Inspector General K S Sheoran. Bangladesh side was led by : Captain M Ehsanullah Khan, Commanding officer, BCGS.
- On July 27, 2018, which state assembly passed the Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.West Bengal
There are 59 state subjects. The bill allows the Lokayukta to investigate on the other 58 subjects under the State List, with the approval of two-third of the members of the assembly present and voting. It also doesn’t allow the Chief Minister to matters relating to public order. Recruitment of police, deployment of forces and any other emergency situations would be regarded as public order. This Amendment Bill has been prepared in accordance with the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 passed by the Center and the West BengalLokayukta Act, 2003.
- On 26th July 2018, the West Bengal Assembly passed a resolution to rename West Bengal as _____ in three languages: Bengali, English and Hindi?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Bangla
This move has been made with an aim to move up in the alphabetical sequence of state names, as West Bengal is last in the list now. West Bengal has to wait for approval from the Home Ministry on the resolution. Earlier, the Centre had rejected West Bengal’s proposals of having 3 names Bangla (in Bengali), Bengal (in English) and Bangal (in Hindi). Also, in 2011, West Bengal government’s proposal to rename West Bengal as “Paschim Bango” was also rejected by the Centre.
- On July 27, 2018, Odisha government signed an MoU with which global organization to prevent avoidable blindness?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Sightsavers
This project would benefit 25,000 visually impaired and 1.3 lakh students with special needs, currently enrolled in general schools of the state. Sightsavers will provide technical support to OPEPA in strengthening education of the blind and low vision children. It will include disability management, low vision assessment, curriculum and special skill development, capacity building. It will demonstrate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based education, low vision devices, daisy players, tablets, accessible education materials, disabled friendly Teaching Learning Materials (TLM).
- On July 27, 2018, which state’s Department of Social Justice and Empowerment announced that a special campaign to control the menace of drugs will be launched, targeted especially in the districts bordering Punjab?
4.Jammu and Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Haryana
For this a task force under the chairmanship of deputy commissioner at the district level and at the state level under the chairmanship of the chief ministerhas been formed. This campaign would include : prevention of sale of drugs, treatment of drug addicts, awareness among people about the adverse effects of drugs on their health. 60 drug de-addiction and rehabilitation centres with NGOs are operating. Applications from NGOs working for drug de-addiction would be invited by August 14, 2018 and honoured in September or October 2018.
- On 25th July 2018, Haryana government has constituted an inter-district council, under the chairmanship of _____, to identify the developmental priorities of Haryana
1.Kaptan Singh Solanki
2.Manohar Lal Khattar
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Manohar Lal Khattar
Permanent members of the council: finance minister, development and panchayat minister, urban local bodies minister, presidents of zilla parishads, mayors of municipal corporations and presidents of municipal councils or committees at district headquarters. Non-permanent members of the council: will be one chairperson of panchayat samiti from each district. Director, Swarna Jayanti Haryana Institute for Fiscal Management (SJHIFM) will be the member Secretary. This council will prepare district specific action plans, assessment of development needs, and delegate powers to panchayati raj institutions and urban local bodies.
- On 26th July 2018, which state government has constituted a committee to listen to the demands of ‘shiksha mitras’ and suggest a suitable action plan?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Uttar Pradesh
This move has been made after continuous protests by ‘shiksha mitras’ throughout Uttar Pradesh. The committee was formed by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. The committee head is: Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma. Members of the committee will be: principal secretaries of basic education, law and the finance department. After studying the issues, the committee will submit a report to the chief minister.
- On July 27, 2018, which bank announced partnership with Paytm to launch a payments service in Japan?
1.Industrial and Commercial Bank of Japan
3.National Bank of Japan
4.Cooperative Bank of Japan
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.SoftBank
The service would be launched by SoftBank’s joint venture company PayPay (with Yahoo Japan). This was established in June 2018. It would utilise Paytm’s technology and expertise in mobile payments. This will promote cashless payment in Japan.
- On 25th July 2018, Google announced its partnership with which software firm to help enterprises build Cloud solutions customised to their specific industries and needs?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Accenture
This announcement was made at the Google Next 2018 conference, in San Francisco, United States. Google and Accenture have agreed to form the Accenture Google Cloud Business Group (AGBG). AGBG will consist of Cloud experts from Google and Accenture. AGBG aims to help companies to build next generation business processes with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) based approaches to develop new value across the enterprise. It can also help companies to modernize enterprise infrastructure by moving to Cloud and offer managed services customised for Google Cloud Platform.
- On 25th July 2018, which Indian cricketer was awarded the International Cricket of the Year for 2017 and 2018 by England’s Barmy Army after the first day of India’s tour match against Essex, in Chelmsford, England?
2.M S Dhoni
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Virat Kohli
Barmy Army is a popular group of English cricket fans. At present, the Indian cricket team is in England to play a 4 day friendly match against country side Essex. In 2018, Virat Kohli has played 19 matches in various formats and has scored 1181 runs with an average of 65.61. He has scored four hundred and four half-centuries. Also, he became the fastest to score 3000 one-day international runs as captain.
- On July 26, 2018, which poet was conferred with Odisha’s highest literary award Atibadi Jagannath Das Samman for 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ramakanta Rath
It was given to him by Culture and Tourism Minister Ashok Chandra Panda at an event organized by Odisha Sahitya Akademi. The award carries a citation and cash prize of Rs 1 lakh. He was given the award for his life time contribution to Odia literature. Apart from Mr.Rath, the Akademi also felicitated 15 other litterateurs of the state.
- On July 27, 2018, which Indian airport has been selected for the Champion of Earth Prize-2018?
1.Mangalore International Airport
2.Cochin International Airport Limited
3.Kempegowda International Airport
4.Indra Gandhi International Airport
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Cochin International Airport Limited
It is the highest environmental honour instituted by the United Nations. CIAL will be given the award in on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly ceremony in New York on September 26.
- On July 27, 2018, name the former Pakistani cricketer who has been elected as the next Prime Minister of Pakistan?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Imran Khan
The 65-year-old cricketer-turned-politician is representing Tehreek-e-Insaf party (PTI). He is expected to get as many as 119 seats of the 270 national assembly seats contested. He contested against Shahbaz Sharif, who heads the Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz). He will replace former Pm Nawaz Sharif.
- On 25th July 2018, India’s under-20 football coach ____ was named the head coach of Indian Arrows side for the upcoming I-League season?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Floyd Pinto
Floyd Pinto replaces Portuguese Luis Norton de Matos. Luis Norton de Matos resigned from his position on 18th July 2018, due to personal reasons. Floyd Pinto was unanimously selected as head coach of Indian Arrows by the AIFF Technical Committee. His assistant will be appointed later. Indian Arrows side will mostly comprise of India U-20 players. Floyd Pinto will guide the Indian U-20 national team in the COTIF International tournament that begins on 29th July 2018 in Spain.
- On 27th July 2018, former ____ Minister for Local Self Government Cherkallam Abdullah, died after a long term illness at his residence?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kerala
Cherkallam Abdullah was 76 years old. He is a four-time MLA from Manjeswaram in Kasaragod district. He was the Minister for Local Self Government from 2001 to 2004. He was also a senior IUML (Indian Union Muslim League) leader.
- The book “When Coal Turned Gold: The Making of a Maharatna Company” has been written by Coal India Ltd’s (CIL)’s former chairman _____?
2.P K Singh
3.Partha Sarathi Bhattacharyya
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Partha Sarathi Bhattacharyya
This book talks about the transformation of Coal India Ltd’s (CIL) from a loss-making enterprise into a profitable Maharatna PSU. When the Coal India Ltd’s (CIL) was given the Navratna status in October 2008, the government mandated the company to get listed in the stock exchange within 3 years. CIL’s then Chairman Partha Sarathi Bhattacharyya headed the initial public offering (IPO) in 2010 and made it a success.
- On 25th July 2018, which Indian cricketer registered the second highest individual score in Under-19 internationals, in the first innings on the second day of the final ‘Youth Test’ against Sri Lanka, in Hambantota, Sri Lanka?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pawan Shah
Pawan Shah smashed 282, the second highest individual score in Under-19 internationals as India posted a mammoth 613 for 8 against hosts Sri Lanka in the first innings on the second day of the final ‘Youth Test’ in Hambantota. The Indian innings was declared when the 18-year-old right-hander from Pune was dismissed at 282. His score came off 332 balls with 33 boundaries and a six in just under seven hours.
- On 26th July 2018, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 2nd Conference of Young Superintendent of Police, organized by Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
The two-day conference was attended by more than 100 Superintendents of Police and senior officers from the States and CAPFs. The theme of the Conference was “Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces”. It aimed to create awareness among young Superintendents of Police and Commandants regarding latest technologies in areas of Artificial Intelligence; Predictive Policing/ Crime Analytics/ Big data Analytics; Geospatial Technology; Cyber Crime; Surveillance Tracking & UAVs; CCTV Equipment, for effective delivery of Police Services to citizens.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of Coal India Ltd’s (CIL)?Anil Kumar Jha
- Where is Namdapha National Park located?Arunachal Pradesh
- Who is the President of All India Football Federation (AIFF)?Praful M Patel
- Where is Chandra Prabha Wildlife Sanctuary located?Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the Chairman and CEO of Accenture?Pierre Nanterme
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification