Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs July 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which sportsperson has been banned from Rio Olympics due to using banned steroid during Anti Doping test and resulted positive?
Answer – B.Narsingh Yadav
According to National Anti-Doping Agency Director General Navin Agarwal, Rio Olympics-bound wrestler in 74 kg category Narsingh Yadav, tested positive for a banned steroid.
- Who won the Hungarian Grand Prix after some feisty driving on the track?
Answer A.Lewis Hamilton–
Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton wins Hungarian Grand Prix after some feisty driving on the track. After the race the Britain man Hamilton called for clarification on the yellow flag rules after Mercedes mate Rosberg beat him to pole in Hungary.
- Who has won his first clay court singles title by defeating Netherland’s Robin Hasse in the 5th game to lead 6-4 sets?
Answer – C.Feliciano Lopez
Spain’s Feliciano Lopez has won his first clay court singles title by defeating Netherland’s Robin Haase. The Spaniard got the first break of the match in the 5th game to lead 3-2 and then went on to win the set 6-4.
- Indian Shooter Manvaditya Rathore clinched which medal in trap event of “Champion of Champions” match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy?
D.None of the above
Answer – C.Bronze
Indian Shooter Manavaditya Rathore won bronze medal in trap event of ‘Champion of Champions’ match at the Junior World Cup in Porpetto, Italy.
- Which country brought out an amphibious aircraft cum seaplane is the largest of its kind in the world for marine rescues and to prevent forest fires?
Answer – D.China
China brings out an amphibious aircraft cum seaplane which is the largest of its kind in the world, used for marine rescues and to prevent forest fires.
- Verizon Communications Inc signed agreement to acquire which company with value approximately $4.83 billion?
Answer – A.Yahoo
Verizon Communications Inc. and Yahoo! Inc. mutually declared that they have entered into a formularized agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo’s operating business for about approximately $4.83 billion.
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer of the ITC Limited?
Answer – B.Sanjiv Puri
Sanjiv Puri has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer, a newly created portfolio of ITC Limited.
- Which country Prime Minister has been resigned from the post of Prime Minister after the no confidence vote polled?
Answer – D.Nepal
Nepal’s Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Oli has announced his resignation in Kathmandu. He resigns just before no confidence vote. The no-confidence motion was brought by former Maoist rebels
- Which first female violinist has been awarded with Sangita Kalanidhi Award by Music Academy?
Answer – C.Kanyakumari
Versatile Violinist Kanyakumari has bagged the Sangita Kalanidhi award by the Music Academy. She will be the first female recipient of the prestigious award.
- Union Railway Minister flagged off India’s First ever Green Rail corridor of length 144 km in which state aimed towards the “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”?
Answer – C.Tamilnadu
Union Railway Minister Flagged off India’s First ever Green Rail Corridor between Rameshwaram – Manamadurai in Tamilnadu. The nation’s first Green Rail Corridor, a 114-km long Rameswaram-Manamadurai extent in Tamil Nadu was inaugurated by Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- How much capital has been sanctioned by Tourism Ministry under “Swadesh Darshan” Scheme for 25 Projects to 21 states and Union Territories?
A.Rs 2,048 crore
B.Rs 3,248 crore
C.Rs 2,408 crore
D.Rs 2,084 crore
Answer – A.Rs 2,048 crore
Tourism Ministry has sanctioned 25 projects under the “Swadesh Darshan” scheme worth Rs. 2048 Crore to 21 States and Union Territories.
- Hinduja National Power has commissioned a 1,040 MW power project includes two units of 520 mw each in which city?
Answer – D.Visakhapatnam
Hinduja National Power has commissioned a 1,040 mw power project, which includes two units of 520 mw each in Visakhapatnam.
- Which company ranked first position in IT Industry surveyed by the National Association of Software and Services Companies?
Answer – D.TCS
The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has released the annual rankings of top IT-BPM (Business Process Management) employers in the country for 2016.
- Due to irregularities in Forex Related policies, The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a monetary penalty to which of the following Banks?
B.Bank of Baroda
D.All of these
Answer – D.All of these
Following Rs 6,000-crore forex related irregularities, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty on HDFC, Bank of Baroda and PNB.
- Which bank partnered with Global Payment Giant SWIFT Payment Group and thereby become the first domestic leaders to enter the international payment group?
C.Both A & B
D.Neither A nor B
Answer – C.Both A & B
Global payments leader SWIFT, which already has over 70 other leading banks globally now signs up with ICICI and Axis Bank, thereby become the first domestic leaders to enter the international payment group.
- Which Bank has announced to serve as banking correspondents through Indian Oil Corporation owned 6500 Kisan Seva Kendras?
A.Punjab National Bank
B.State Bank of India
D.Indian Oversees Bank
Answer – B.State Bank of India
India’s biggest lender SBI has announced that it is going serve as banking correspondents through Indian Oil Corporation owned 6500 Kisan Seva Kendras.
- Which Country to hold 10 members Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) nations Finance Ministers meet?
Answer – D.Vientiane
A 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) nations Finance Ministers meet have begun in the Laotian capital of Vientiane.