AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 24 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs July 24 2018
- On 23rd July 2018, the Lok Sabha passed which bill that aims to reduce delays in resolution of cheque bouncing cases?
1.Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017
2.Banking Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2018
3.Market Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017
4.Money Market (Amendment) Bill, 2018
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017, aims to amend the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017 has the provision to allow a court trying an offence related to cheque bouncing, to direct the drawer to pay interim compensation to the complainant. Minister of State for Finance Shiv Pratap Shukla said that, 16 lakh cheque bouncing cases are waiting in the subordinate courts and 35 thousand cases in the higher judiciary. He said that, interim compensation will be paid under several circumstances, including where the drawer pleads not guilty of the accusation.
- On 23rd July 2018, the Lok Sabha passed ____ to grant retrospective recognition to Central/State institutions that are conducting teacher education courses without NCTE approval?
1.Teacher Education Enrollment (Amendment) Bill 2018
2.National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill 2018
3.National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill 2017
4.Teacher Education Regulations (Amendment) Bill 2017
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill 2017
This has been done as a one-time measure so that, the future of students studying in these institutions is not affected. All institutions running teacher education courses, like B.Ed and D.El.Ed have should obtain recognition from NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) under section 14 of the NCTE Act. The NCTE Act, 1993, came into act in 1995. It applies to all parts of India, except Jammu and Kashmir. This one-time measure introduced by the bill will apply to 20 public institutions that are running teacher education courses without the UGC approval.
- On July 24, 2018, The Government set up a four-member committee headed by Home Secretary _____ to suggest measures and legal framework to effectively deal with incidents of mob violence?
1.Subash Chandra Garg
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rajiv Gauba
It will be headed by Home Minister Singh Shri Rajnath Singh. The members of this committee are: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot. The GoM will submit its recommendations to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- On July 24, 2018, to mark World Day against Trafficking in Persons on July 30, The Ministry of Women and Child Development launched a contest. What is the name of the contest?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.#Childline1098
Ministry signed an MoU with the Ministry of Railways to rescue and rehabilitate runaway, abandoned, kidnapped and trafficked children via Railways. Popularised it through the National Council Of Education Research and Training (NCERT) publications and screening of educational films. Dreafting and approval of Draft Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection & Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018, in February 2018.
- On July 24, 2018, 3 states namely, UP, Jharkhand and Maharashtra launched the Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 (SSG 2018). SSG 2018 was announced by which Ministry on July 13th 2018?
1.Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
2.Ministry of Women and Child Development
3.Ministry of Home Affairs
4.Ministry of Culture and Tourism
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
In UP, it was launched by Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow. In Jharkhand, it was launched by Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Shri Raghubar Das. In Maharashtra, it was launched by Cabinet Minister, Water Supply and Sanitation Department, Government of Maharashtra Shri Babanrao Lonikar. In Maharashtra, one million Varkaris gathered at Pandharpur on the occasion of Aashadhi Ekadashi to participate in this launch.
- On July 24, 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik set up ministerial committee headed by Finance Minister ____ to draft policies for development of Odia film industry, known as Ollywood?
2.Sashi Bhusan Behera
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sashi Bhusan Behera
Other members of the committee include: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Prafulla Samal and Industries Minister Ananta Das. Principal Secretary, Industries Department, Sanjeev Chopra will be Convener of the committee. It would suggest the steps to be taken to revive the film industry and also for renovation of the Kalinga Studio, located on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar. It has been asked to submit its report within a month.
- On July 24, 2018, Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh announced that the government has sanctioned _____ under National Dairy Plan (NDP) to enhance productivity of milch animals?
1.Rs 1,754.14 crore
2.Rs 2,999.99 crore
3.Rs 3,668.67 crore
4.Rs 4,790.67 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 1,754.14 crore
530 sub-projects have been approved by 169 state and district level cooperatives, producer companies and livestock development boards of 18states. This comprises 62 sub-projects for animal breeding, 167 sub-projects for animal nutrition and 231 sub-projects for Village Based Milk Procurement Systems (VBMPS).
- The ‘Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India’ scheme is implemented by which Ministry?
1.Ministry of Culture
2.Ministry of Science and Technology
3.Ministry of Urban Development
4.Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ministry of Culture
Objective of the scheme: reinvigorating and revitalizing several institutions, groups, individuals, identified non-MoC institutions, non-government organisations, researchers and scholars in order to help them involve in activities or projects for strengthening, protecting, preserving and promoting the rich intangible cultural heritage of India. The Scheme is implemented through: Sangeet Natak Akademi. It is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Culture. Various proposals related to safeguarding of intangible cultural heritages received from Madhya Pradesh have been approved under the scheme.
- On July 24, 2018, Canadian author Michael Ondaatje has again made the Man Booker Prize list with his latest novel ____?
4.Flowers of Sin
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Warlight
13 books has been announced chosen from 171 submissions this year which is the highest number of titles in the award’s 50 years history. This year’s Man Booker Prize includes six U.K. writers, three from the United States, and two each from Canada and Ireland. It includes four debut novels and one from American novelist Rachel Kushner. The list will be pared to six finalists in September and the winner will be announced on Oct. 16 at a black-tie dinner at London’s Guildhall.
- On July 24, 2018, Tata AIA Life announced the appointment of _____ as the new Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director starting August 1, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rishi Srivastava
He will replace current Chief Executive Officer Naveen Tahilyani who will be the Chief Executive Officer, Group Partnership Distribution, AIA Group, Hong Kong. Srivastava is currently Chief of Proprietary Channels, Product, Marketing & Corporate Communication at Tata AIA. He was previously Chief Agency Officer at ICICI Prudential then General Manager at ICICI Bank and then as Director of the Agency business in Jakarta to AXA. He joined Tata AIA in 2016.
- On 23rd July 2018, who was made the Chief Justice of the Balochistan high court, Pakistan, by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar. This makes her the first woman chief justice of any court in Pakistan?
1.Justice Sahira Badna
2.Justice Tahira Safdar
3.Justice Quereshia Akbar
4.Justice Reema Asfaq
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Justice Tahira Safdar
Justice Tahira Safdar will take charge as Chief Justice of the Balochistan high court following the retirement of incumbent Mohammad Noor Muskanzai. Mohammad Noor Muskanzai superannuates on 31st August 2018. Justice Tahira Safdar is 61 years old. She belongs to Quetta. In 1982, she became the first woman civil judge in Balochistan.
- SpaceX conducted their 13th launch of the year with a Falcon 9 rocket launching the _____ communications satellite for Canada’s Telesat?
1.North Star 21
3.Pole Star 13B
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Telstar 19V
It has set a record as the heaviest payload that a Falcon 9 has ever carried to a GTO. The satellite weights over 7000 kg. Telstar 19 VANTAGE will offer coverage across the Americas and the Atlantic. The satellite has been produced by Space Systems Loral (SSL). The goal is to provide high-throughput broadcast and internet services from Brazil to the northernmost regions of Canada.
- On 24th July 2018, scientists said that, they have discovered the largest dinosaur foot ever, which has a width of around 1 metre. It belongs to a ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Brachiosaur
Brachiosaur is among the biggest land animals on Earth. A study regarding this has been published in the journal PeerJ. It is based on fossils excavated in Wyoming, US. It states that, 150 million years ago brachiosaurs had inhabited North America. The foot was excavated in 1998. After examination, researchers identified that, the foot belongs to a Brachiosaur. Brachiosaur is a long-necked and long-tailed sauropod. This is the largest dinosaur foot discovered till now.
- On 14th to 22nd July 2018, Badminton Asia Junior Championship 2018 was held in Jakarta, Indonesia. Which Indian badminton player won a gold medal for India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lakshaya Sen
On 22nd July 2018, Indian badminton player Lakshaya Sen defeated Indonesia’s Kunlavut Vitidsaran 21-19, 21-18 in the finals and won gold medal in the Badminton Asia Junior Championship. Lakshaya Sen has won a gold medal for India at the Badminton Asia Junior Championship after a gap of 6 years. He is 16 years old.
- On 22nd July 2018, which Indian pair won the men’s doubles title at Lagos International Badminton in Lagos, Nigeria?
1.Mannu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy
2.Ravi Sehgal and Puneet Roy
3.Sanjay Mittal and Arvind Mani
4.Ram Pawan and Mithun Roy
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mannu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy
Defending champions Mannu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy retained the title by defeating another Indian pair S. Vaibhav and Prakash Raj 21-12, 22-12 in the finals. Also, Kuhoo Garg and Ria Mukherjee defeated Krishma Wadekar and V Harika 21-10 21-18 in the finals of women’s doubles event. In mixed doubles final, India’s Manu Attri and Manisha defeated Kuhoo Garg and Rohan Kapoor of India 21-17 22-20 and won gold medal.
- On July 24, 2018, India’s Ravindra Jadeja secured which rank in the ICC Test rankings (Bowling)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.3
Rank Player Country
1 James Anderson England
2 Kagiso Rabada South Africa
3 Ravindra Jadeja India
4 Vernon Philander South Africa
5 Ravichandran Ashwin India
- Asian Cup for Cadets & Junior Judo Championships 2018 was held in Macau from 20th to 22nd July 2018. Indian Cadet and Junior Judo Teams have won a total of how many medals?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.15
S.No. Name of player Weight Medal Age category 1 Ms. Rohini Sambhaji Mohite -40Kg Gold medal Cadet 2 Mr. Mayank Kandian -60Kg Silver medal Cadet 3 Ms. Rebina Devi Chanam -57Kg Bronze medal Cadet 4 Ms. Roshni Devi Laishram -70Kg Bronze medal Cadet 5 Mr. Manpreet -73Kg Bronze medal Cadet 6 Mr. Harsh Tokas -81kg Bronze medal Cadet 7 Ms. Pinckey Balhara -52Kg Gold medal Junior 8 Ms. Tulika Maan +78kg Gold medal Junior 9 Mr. Shiva Kumar -55Kg Gold medal Junior 10 Mr. Rohit -100kg Silver medal Junior 11 Ms. Megha Tokas -57Kg Bronze medal Junior 12 Mr. Mohsin Gulab Ali -60Kg Bronze medal Junior 13 Mr. Nitin Chauhan -66Kg Bronze medal Junior 14 Mr. Jobandeep Singh -90Kg Bronze medal Junior 15 Mr. Sachin Mallikc +100Kg Bronze medal Junior
- On 23rd July 2018, ____ actress Basabi Nandi died due to cardiac arrest?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Bengali
On 23rd July 2018, Bengali actress Basabi Nandi died due to cardiac arrest. Basabi Nandi was 82 years old. She was also a playback singer. In 1974, she received the Best Supporting Actress Award from Bengal Film Journalists Association.
- Inspector General _____ assumed command of the Indian Coast Guard Region (East), replacing Rajan Bargotra on 23rd July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Paramesh Sivamani
Inspector General Paramesh Sivamani today assumed command of the Indian Coast Guard Region (East), replacing Rajan Bargotra. Sivamani served in various sea and shore appointments during a career span of 29 years. He took charge at a ceremonial parade held at the Coast Guard Air Station here.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of International Cricket Council (ICC)?Chairman – Shashank Manohar, Headquarters – Dubai, UAE
- What is the tag line of United Bank of India?The Bank that begins with “U”
- Who is the President of Badminton Association of India?Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Where is Shankar’s International Dolls Museum located?Delhi
- Where is Haflong Lake located?Assam
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification